Liz Cheney, fighting for political survival, seeks crossover support from Wyoming Democrats

Too black

Jun 29, 2022, 10:27:37 PM6/29/22
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/politics/liz-cheney-wyoming-
democrats/index.html

(CNN)Embattled Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney is turning to Democrats in her state
as she looks to fend off a serious primary challenge in August, providing
Democratic voters with instructions on how to change parties so they can
support her -- even as Cheney and her allies continue to tout her
conservative bona fides.

Two people familiar with the matter confirmed to CNN that Cheney has made
overtures to Democrats in her state, both through targeted mailers
outlining the steps someone would need to take to switch party affiliation
and on her campaign website, which now features an FAQ on how to "change my
party affiliation to register as a Republican so I can vote for Liz."

Cheney -- who has become a thorn in former President Donald Trump's side
from her perch on the House select committee investigating the riot at the
US Capitol on January 6, 2021, and her repeated dismissal of his false
claims about a stolen election -- has defended the move, saying she is
providing Wyoming voters with "all the key rules" they need to be aware of
to participate in the state's primary elections.

"I've been a conservative Republican since I first voted for Ronald Reagan
in 1984. I encourage everyone with principles who loves our country to
exercise their right to vote. And, damn right, I will continue to give
every voter in Wyoming a list of all the key rules for casting ballots in
our state," Cheney said in a statement, first reported by The Washington
Post on Thursday.

"If any eligible voter living in Wyoming wishes to become a Republican,
they are free to do so. That is their right," she added.

Wyoming election laws allows voters to switch their party affiliation up to
two weeks before the primary, which will occur August 16, while also
permitting same-day changes at local polling places or by voters who
request absentee ballots. Cheney's push for support in Democratic corners
comes as she fights for political survival in one of the most closely
watched and expensive House Republican primaries this cycle. Her opponent,
Wyoming businesswoman Harriet Hageman, was endorsed by Trump last September
and has proven to be a formidable challenger.

Cheney's opponents accused her of flip-flopping after she told The New York
Times in February she would not launch a "Democrats for Cheney" group to
try and recruit supporters from across the political aisle.

"That is not something that I have contemplated, that I have organized or
that I will organize," Cheney said at the time. A person close to Cheney
rebuffed such claims, noting that such a group still "does not exist."

Hageman's team, which first learned of Cheney's outreach to Democratic
voters earlier this week, said they are not concerned about the impact it
could have in the primary -- pointing to the 70 percent of Wyoming voters
who backed Trump's 70% support among Wyoming voters in 2020 and the state's
deep red status, and contending that there are simply not enough registered
Democrats in the state to sway a GOP primary contest.

"We have anticipated that she would do this and we have accounted... for
the possibility that a higher number of Democrats than normal would
crossover [in the primary], and Harriet will still win even if that is the
case," a top Hageman adviser said.

"We're all over it and there aren't enough Democrats [in Wyoming] for this
gambit to work," a second Hageman adviser said.

Liz Cheney needs a new home. Maybe Oregon or Washington? That fits her.

Rudy Canoza

Jun 29, 2022, 11:13:08 PM6/29/22
On 6/29/2022 7:27 PM, Too black wrote:
> https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/politics/liz-cheney-wyoming-
> democrats/index.html

Here is hoping she defeats the fascists running against her in the primary and
wins reelection. I don't agree with her much on garden-variety political
issues, but she is principled and civil and decent, and we need representatives
like her. I feel the same way about Jamie Raskin and Adam Schiff. I don't
support much of anything they want to *do* via government, but they are
principled and civil and decent people, and we need representatives like them in
government. Whom we don't need are Jim Jordan and Louie Gohmert and Paul Gosar
and Marjorie Taylor Green and Lauren Boebert. Those people are all seditious
insurrectionists, and they need to be put in prison at a minimum. I would
actually like to see all of them dead. They are worse than rabid dogs.

Ken

Jun 30, 2022, 7:25:46 AM6/30/22
An endorsement of politicians by someone who wishes death to others?? I
am sure they appreciate your endorsement. Although I am not a fan of
abortion, you make a compelling case for it.

governo...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2022, 9:32:37 PM6/30/22
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 06:25:42 -0500, Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote:

>An endorsement of politicians by someone who wishes death to others?? I
>am sure they appreciate your endorsement. Although I am not a fan of
>abortion, you make a compelling case for it.

Rudy was supposed to be a blowjob but his mom couldn't get her
dentures out that night.

Swill
--
Lock 'im up!

Rudy Canoza

Jun 30, 2022, 9:42:38 PM6/30/22
On 6/30/2022 6:32 PM, governo...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 06:25:42 -0500, Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> An endorsement of politicians by someone who wishes death to others?? I
>> am sure they appreciate your endorsement. Although I am not a fan of
>> abortion, you make a compelling case for it.
>
> Rudy kicks my ass.
>
> Swill

Yes.