Stupid Trump Got Vaccinated Twice Then Boosted

RichA

Jan 9, 2022, 10:02:37 PM1/9/22
First he allowed the election to be stolen out from under that massive belly
of his and now this.

That's why nobody wants Trump around anymore.

RichA

Jan 15, 2022, 8:50:31 PM1/15/22

RichA

Jan 17, 2022, 3:56:46 PM1/17/22

RichA

Jan 21, 2022, 1:25:54 AM1/21/22

RichA

Jan 24, 2022, 5:38:46 PM1/24/22

RichA

Jan 31, 2022, 2:54:14 PM1/31/22

RichA

Feb 5, 2022, 12:58:20 PM2/5/22

RichA

Feb 10, 2022, 2:53:45 PM2/10/22

Not The Steve From Colorado Forger

Feb 11, 2022, 3:10:04 AM2/11/22

Clinton has faced multiple allegations of sexual assault and
harassment, most famously his affair with Monica Lewinsky — which,
while consensual in some sense, was nonetheless textbook sexual
harassment of a subordinate of a kind that would (or perhaps more
accurately, should) get many CEOs fired from their companies.

But it’s not just Lewinsky. Paula Jones, a former Arkansas state
employee, sued Clinton during his presidency for allegedly exposing
himself to her when he was governor in 1991. Kathleen Willey claims
that Clinton fondled her breast and forced her hand on his crotch in
the Oval Office in 1993, when she was a White House volunteer.

Most seriously of all, Juanita Broaddrick claims that Clinton raped
her during his 1978 campaign for Arkansas governor.

The issue of Clinton’s sexual misconduct came up repeatedly during
Hillary Clinton’s presidential run. But Bill himself was not on the
ballot, and many were understandably hesitant to make the candidate
answer for her husband’s offenses.

Now, in the wake of revelations about Harvey Weinstein, Kevin
Spacey, James Toback, Louis CK, and many, many more, Bill Clinton’s
record is being reassessed as well. "The women involved had far more
credible evidence than many of the most notorious accusations that
have come to light in the past five weeks," Caitlin Flanagan writes
in the Atlantic. Chris Hayes at MSNBC tweeted, "As gross and cynical
and hypocritical as the right's ‘what about Bill Clinton’ stuff is,
it's also true that Democrats and the center left are overdue for a
real reckoning with the allegations against him."

Michelle Goldberg at the New York Times titled a column simply, "I
Believe Juanita."

And indeed, the Juanita Broaddrick case is the hardest one for
admirers of Bill Clinton. Her allegation has never been definitively
refuted. Only she and Bill Clinton know what the truth of the matter
in the case is. But if one generally believes it's important to
believe the victim, it's hard to argue that this case should be an
exception.

What Juanita Broaddrick says Bill Clinton did
Juanita Broaddrick gave a lengthy account of her alleged rape in a
1999 Dateline NBC interview (which has been posted in its entirety
by the right-wing Media Research Center; the anti-Clinton site
Shadowgov.com has a transcript that aligns with the NBC recording):

The interview was conducted on January 20, 1999, before the Senate
ultimately acquitted Clinton on charges related to his affair with
Monica Lewinsky on February 12. NBC delayed airing until February
24, and Broaddrick, frustrated, gave accounts to the Wall Street
Journal editorial page, the Washington Post, and the New York Times
in the meantime.

In 1978, Broaddrick was volunteering for Clinton's gubernatorial
campaign, and claims she met him when he visited his campaign office
in her home town of Van Buren, Arkansas, that April. She says he
then invited her to visit his office in Little Rock, which
Broaddrick agreed to do a week later, when she was in the state
Capitol anyway for a conference of nursing home administrators. Once
she was at a hotel in Little Rock, she claims Clinton told her that
he wasn't going to the campaign headquarters and offered to meet her
in her hotel lobby coffee shop instead. Once he arrived, she says he
called her room and suggested that they have coffee there, since the
lobby had too many reporters. Broaddrick says she agreed. Then, per
the Post story:

As she tells the story, they spent only a few minutes chatting by
the window -- Clinton pointed to an old jail he wanted to renovate
if he became governor -- before he began kissing her. She resisted
his advances, she said, but soon he pulled her back onto the bed and
forcibly had sex with her. She said she did not scream because
everything happened so quickly. Her upper lip was bruised and
swollen after the encounter because, she said, he had grabbed onto
it with his mouth.

"The last thing he said to me was, 'You better get some ice for
that.' And he put on his sunglasses and walked out the door," she
recalled.

Several friends of Broaddrick's backed up the story. Norma Rogers,
who was director of nursing at Broaddrick's nursing home at the
time, told reporters that she entered the hotel room shortly after
the assault allegedly took place, and "found Mrs. Broaddrick crying
and in 'a state of shock.' Her upper lip was puffed out and blue,
and appeared to have been hit." Kelsey elaborated to the New York
Times, "She told me he forced himself on her, forced her to have
intercourse."

In the Dateline show, Broaddrick's friends Louise Ma, Susan Lewis,
and Jean Darden (Norma Rogers's sister) all told NBC News that
Broaddrick told them Bill Clinton raped her at the time. David
Broaddrick — with whom Broaddrick was having an affair at the time;
they both eventually left their spouses to marry each other — also
told NBC that Broaddrick's top lip was black after the alleged
incident, and that she told him, "that she had been raped by Bill
Clinton."

Broaddrick claims she was traumatized by the incident and scared of
Clinton's influence, and so didn't report the rape, or tell her
then-husband, Gary Hickey. Three weeks later, Broaddrick would
attend a Clinton fundraiser with Hickey. She told Myers, "I think I
was still in denial that time exactly what had happened to me. I
still felt very guilty at that time that it was my fault." She
further claimed that Clinton called her nursing home a half-dozen
times that year, getting through once and asking when she was going
to be back in Little Rock; she told him she wasn't.

In 1979, she was appointed by Clinton to a non-paid advisory board
position, which she told Myers she accepted before she knew it was a
gubernatorial appointment. In 1984, she claims she got a letter from
Clinton after her nursing home was recognized as one of the top
facilities in the state, with a handwritten note saying, "I admire
you very much." She interpreted that as a thank you for her silence.
Then, in 1991, she says she saw Clinton outside a meeting on nursing
home standards in Little Rock, and that he said he wanted to
apologize to her, and asked what he could do to make things right.
She recalls saying "nothing," and walking away.

About six months after her initial interviews in 1999, Broaddrick
told the Drudge Report that mere weeks after the alleged assault,
Hillary Clinton had tried to thank her for her silence on the matter
at a political rally:

"[Hillary] came directly to me as soon as she hit the door. I had
been there only a few minutes, I only wanted to make an appearance
and leave. She caught me and took my hand and said 'I am so happy to
meet you. I want you to know that we appreciate everything you do
for Bill.' I started to turn away and she held onto my hand and
reiterated her phrase -- looking less friendly and repeated her
statement — 'Everything you do for Bill'. I said nothing. She wasn't
letting me get away until she made her point. She talked low, the
smile faded on the second thank you. I just released her hand from
mine and left the gathering."

NBC’s Lisa Myers confirmed to me that Broaddrick included this
detail in her initial interview with the network. Broaddrick
repeated it in 2003 in an interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity:

Before going public, Broaddrick had been courted to come forward
about the allegations by Clinton enemies for years. She told
reporters that an anti-Clinton businessman in Arkansas named Philip
Yoakum urged her to come forward in 1992, during Clinton's
presidential campaign. When Paula Jones sued Clinton for sexual
harassment in 1994, Jones’s lawyers also approached Broaddrick, who
declined to cooperate. She only came forward after she was
interviewed by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr's office and her
allegation leaked. Broaddrick told the Journal that NBC News
reporter Lisa Myers pursued her for nearly a year before she agreed
to an interview, and that she came forward because she wanted to
rebut false rumors circulating after her statements to prosecutors
(like that David Broaddrick had accepted hush money from the
Clintons in exchange for silence).

Why Clinton's defenders discount Broaddrick's story
Bill Clinton denied Juanita Broaddrick's allegations through his
personal lawyer, David A. Kendall, in 1999, who said, "Any
allegation that the president assaulted Mrs. Broaddrick more than 20
years ago is absolutely false. Beyond that, we're not going to
comment." At a press conference, Clinton himself added, "Well, my
counsel has made a statement about the … issue, and I have nothing
to add to it."

In their 2000 book The Hunting of the President, Joe Conason and
Gene Lyons note that the FBI investigated the allegation for Kenneth
Starr's Independent Counsel office, and found the evidence
"inconclusive." There are no direct witnesses and no physical
evidence to back up the accusation. "It’s important to note — and
Broaddrick concedes — that aside from her, there are no witnesses
and as far as we know, no one saw Clinton enter or leave
Broaddrick’s room, or even the hotel," Myers said in the NBC
broadcast. "She took no photos, kept no evidence and the hotel has
no records to confirm that she stayed there." That said, there are
plenty of rapes where the victim has no physical evidence or good
witnesses with which to back up their story. The lack of those
categories of evidence makes the key question in the case, "Do we
believe Broaddrick, or do we believe Clinton?"

In his memoir The Clinton Wars, White House aide Sidney Blumenthal
notes that when Paula Jones's lawyers first approached Broaddrick,
she refused to cooperate, and upon being subpoenaed signed an
affidavit saying, "I do not have any information to offer regarding
a nonconsensual or unwelcome sexual advance by Mr. Clinton." Only
after that did she file another affidavit insisting the assault did
occur, at which point, Blumenthal argues, she "had no standing as a
reliable witness." That's one interpretation. But it often takes a
while for rape accusers to come forward, so Broaddrick's initial
unwillingness to relay the allegation is hardly airtight proof she's
lying.

Blumenthal also noted that Norma Rogers and Jean Darden had reasons
to want to damage Clinton's reputation, because in 1980 he had
commuted the death sentence of their father's killer. This is a fair
point, but Blumenthal seems to overplay his hand. He claims that
Rogers, Darden, and David Broaddrick were the "only ones claiming to
be witnesses to Broaddrick's rape story." But NBC News interviewed
Louise Ma and Susan Lewis on camera as well, who didn't have that
particular family grudge against Clinton, and to my knowledge
there’s no evidence they had some other unspecified grudge. That
doesn't mean their claims are necessarily accurate, but it's not the
case that the only statements corroborating Broaddrick's story came
from people with established grudges against the Clintons.

Blumenthal's other attempted rebuttals are also less than
convincing. He notes that Yoakum, who first encouraged Broaddrick to
come forward, and Sheffield Nelson, Clinton's 1990 Republican
challenger in the governor's race, suggested to David Brock (then a
right-wing anti-Clinton journalist, now a prime Clinton defender)
that the rape story might not be true. This was even after Yoakum
and Nelson claimed to have made a secret tape of Broaddrick
detailing the accusations. That certainly makes Yoakum and Nelson
sound like scumbags, but it doesn't say much one way or another as
to Broaddrick's reliability, especially since she didn't appear to
be cooperating with them at that time.

Blumenthal also cites reporting from Conason and Lyons suggesting
that Broaddrick had asked the Van Buren Press Argus-Courier, her
local paper, to photograph her nursing home in 1990 upon the visit
of Gov. Bill Clinton. "This was hardly the attitude of a rape victim
toward her predator," Blumenthal writes. This assertion, that a
"true" rape victim would cut off all contact with their rapist, is
rather misleading and pernicious, and maintaining contact with an
alleged assailant is hardly proof that a victim is lying. "It is
common for victims to maintain contact with their abusers because
they may still feel affection for them even though they hate the
abuse," according to the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape. "It is
also common for some victims to maintain contact in an attempt to
regain control over their assault. Others may maintain contact in an
attempt to regain a feeling of normalcy."

Some Clinton allies have implied that Clinton may have had
consensual sex with Broaddrick, but that she alleged rape because
she didn't want her then-boyfriend David Broaddrick to know she was
cheating on him (and on her husband). In his book Blinded by the
Right, David Brock hypothesizes that, "Dave Broaddrick had suspected
Juanita of having consensual sex with Clinton and that Juanita came
up with the rape claim later to get herself out of trouble with her
boyfriend." In his book Uncovering Clinton, Michael Isikoff — who
helped break the Monica Lewinsky story as a reporter at Newsweek —
writes, "Privately, Clinton's lawyers have conceded that Clinton may
have had consensual sex with Broaddrick but insist that he would
have never forced himself upon an unwilling participant."

The call to "believe victims" entails believing Broaddrick
No one besides Bill Clinton and Juanita Broaddrick knows the true
story here — and ultimately, the matter comes down to which of their
two accounts one believes. There is certainly not enough here to
convict Clinton in a court of law, even if there weren't a statute
of limitations. There's no physical evidence. There's just
Broaddrick's and her friends' words against Clinton's. To that end,
last year, I reached out both to the Hillary Clinton campaign and
Bill Clinton's personal representatives; the former did not reply,
while the latter declined to comment.

Given the prevailing view among many progressives — including
Hillary Clinton — that one should default to believing rape
accusers, the Broaddrick allegation thus poses a problem. Michelle
Goldberg, then at Slate, explained the conundrum well in a piece
from December 2015:

Our rules for talking about sexual assault have changed since the
1990s, when these women were last in the news. Today, feminists have
repeatedly and convincingly made the case that when women say
they’ve been sexually assaulted, we should assume they’re telling
the truth. Particularly when it comes to Broaddrick, it’s not easy
to square the arguments against believing her with the dominant
progressive consensus on trusting victims.

As Goldberg notes, some of the conservatives who resurfaced the
Broaddrick case in 2015 and 2016 were clearly doing so in bad faith
to attack the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton, who
certainly did not personally assault Broaddrick (Broaddrick's
allegations of intimidation aside). And similarly, the story is
being exploited by conservative media to deflect from accusations
against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore.

But the Clinton critics have a point. There is a crucial tension
between "believe survivors" and the "Juanita Broaddrick is lying"
position of some Clinton defenders, lacking further information.
When Hillary Clinton tweeted during the campaign that "Every
survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and
supported," it’s reasonable to ask if that’s true of Juanita
Broaddrick, too.

https://www.vox.com/2016/1/6/10722580/bill-clinton-juanita-
broaddrick

Not The Steve From Colorado Forger