A $450 Million Blow to Trump’s Finances, and His Identity

Max Boot

Feb 17, 2024, 5:29:04 PMFeb 17
By Ben Protess, Jonah E. Bromwich, Maggie Haberman and Alex Lemonides
Feb. 17, 2024Updated 2:27 p.m. ET

“We have a lot of cash,” Donald J. Trump boasted 10 months ago, under oath,
claiming that the number was “going up very substantially every month.”

But whatever cash he had may soon be gone.

On Friday, the judge overseeing Mr. Trump’s civil fraud case issued a final
ruling that inflicted a staggering financial penalty. With interest, the former
president has been ordered to pay New York State about $450 million, a sum that
threatens to wipe out a stockpile of cash, stocks and bonds that he amassed
since leaving the White House, according to a New York Times review of Mr.
Trump’s financial records. He will have only 30 days or so to either come up
with the money or persuade an outside company to post a bond.

The judge, Arthur F. Engoron, also imposed several new restrictions on Mr. Trump
and his family business. For three years, Mr. Trump cannot run any New York
company, including portions of his own, nor can he obtain a loan from a New York
bank. The same restrictions apply to his adult sons for a two-year period. And
the family business will be under the thumb of a watchful outsider, a
court-appointed monitor who can hamstring the company if she does not like what
she sees.

All told, the judge’s decision poses unprecedented threats to Mr. Trump’s
finances, his family business and his ego at a critical time for the former
president. Although Mr. Trump will not go bankrupt and the Trump Organization
will not go out of business, the company’s loudest hype man could for now become
a silent partner in his hometown properties. The organization will be another
real estate company in a city full of them — this one facing unusual new
constraints that could impede its ability to compete.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/17/nyregion/trump-civil-cases-millions.html

The belief among knuckle-dragging Trumpswabs that Trump is a "successful
businessman" was always bullshit. He succeeded only due to fraud.

Skeeter

Feb 17, 2024, 6:19:54 PMFeb 17
In article <MqaAN.231911$vFZa....@fx13.iad>, max....@lathymes.com
says...

> By Ben Protess, Jonah E. Bromwich, Maggie Haberman and Alex Lemonides
> Feb. 17, 2024Updated 2:27 p.m. ET
>
> ?We have a lot of cash,? Donald J. Trump boasted 10 months ago, under oath,
> claiming that the number was ?going up very substantially every month.?
>
> But whatever cash he had may soon be gone.
>
> On Friday, the judge overseeing Mr. Trump?s civil fraud case issued a final
> ruling that inflicted a staggering financial penalty. With interest, the former
> president has been ordered to pay New York State about $450 million, a sum that
> threatens to wipe out a stockpile of cash, stocks and bonds that he amassed
> since leaving the White House, according to a New York Times review of Mr.
> Trump?s financial records. He will have only 30 days or so to either come up
> with the money or persuade an outside company to post a bond.
>
> The judge, Arthur F. Engoron, also imposed several new restrictions on Mr. Trump
> and his family business. For three years, Mr. Trump cannot run any New York
> company, including portions of his own, nor can he obtain a loan from a New York
> bank. The same restrictions apply to his adult sons for a two-year period. And
> the family business will be under the thumb of a watchful outsider, a
> court-appointed monitor who can hamstring the company if she does not like what
> she sees.
>
> All told, the judge?s decision poses unprecedented threats to Mr. Trump?s
> finances, his family business and his ego at a critical time for the former
> president. Although Mr. Trump will not go bankrupt and the Trump Organization
> will not go out of business, the company?s loudest hype man could for now become
> a silent partner in his hometown properties. The organization will be another
> real estate company in a city full of them ? this one facing unusual new
> constraints that could impede its ability to compete.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/17/nyregion/trump-civil-cases-millions.html
>
> The belief among knuckle-dragging Trumpswabs that Trump is a "successful
> businessman" was always bullshit. He succeeded only due to fraud.

Even the banks in New York he borrowed from say they loved working with
him and he paid all his loans off. So where does that money go? The only
people with complaints were the prosecutor and the DA and the judge. No
victims.

pothead

Feb 17, 2024, 6:50:58 PMFeb 17
That was funny watching the prosecutions witnesses actually testifying FOR TRUMP.
They made tons of money and loved Trump as a client.
Ooops.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Governor Swill

Feb 18, 2024, 1:48:08 PMFeb 18
Hookers and Johns don't complain about their business relationship but it's still illegal.

Swill
--
Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

"I don't want everybody to vote. As a matter of fact, our leverage in
the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
- Paul Weyrich, co founder of Heritage Foundation and Moral Majority

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Skeeter

Feb 18, 2024, 2:32:53 PMFeb 18
In article <44k4tidtjibv2vn1j...@4ax.com>,
governo...@gmail.com says...

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 23:50:56 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
>
> >On 2024-02-17, Skeeter <Skeet...@proton.me> wrote:
>
> >> Even the banks in New York he borrowed from say they loved working with
> >> him and he paid all his loans off. So where does that money go? The only
> >> people with complaints were the prosecutor and the DA and the judge. No
> >> victims.
> >That was funny watching the prosecutions witnesses actually testifying FOR TRUMP.
> >They made tons of money and loved Trump as a client.
> >Ooops.
>
> Hookers and Johns don't complain about their business relationship but it's still illegal.
>
> Swill

No victims in Trumps case. The whole thing is a sham.

Governor Swill

Feb 19, 2024, 8:04:53 AMFeb 19
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 13:48:04 -0500, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 23:50:56 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2024-02-17, Skeeter <Skeet...@proton.me> wrote:
>
>>> Even the banks in New York he borrowed from say they loved working with
>>> him and he paid all his loans off. So where does that money go? The only
>>> people with complaints were the prosecutor and the DA and the judge. No
>>> victims.
>>That was funny watching the prosecutions witnesses actually testifying FOR TRUMP.
>>They made tons of money and loved Trump as a client.
>>Ooops.
>
>Hookers and Johns don't complain about their business relationship but it's still illegal.

Oh, one more thing. If the banks love his business so much, why won't they loan him money
anymore?

Skeeter

Feb 19, 2024, 8:31:05 AMFeb 19
In article <9ek6ti1jue76bcibh...@4ax.com>,
governo...@gmail.com says...

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 13:48:04 -0500, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>That was funny watching the prosecutions witnesses actually testifying FOR TRUMP.
> >>They made tons of money and loved Trump as a client.
> >>Ooops.
> >
> >Hookers and Johns don't complain about their business relationship but it's still illegal.
>
> Oh, one more thing. If the banks love his business so much, why won't they loan him money
> anymore?
>
> Swill

Why did they praise him in court? How come there were no victims except
Trump? The truck drivers will help show who they are fucking with.

pothead

Feb 19, 2024, 8:58:50 AMFeb 19
Trump paid back his loans with interest either on time or early.
The bankers described Trump as a 'whale' which is finance speak for a very wealthy client who can
influence the asset's price.
IOW a high roller.

The left love to make fun of Trump's base as being uneducated, blue collar trailer trash but in
fact these people are the salt of the earth and have far more practical knowledge than some Gen z
snowflake with 3 useless degrees in communications.

So who were the real essential workers during the pandemic?
Doctors, nurses of course, but surely not English majors, professors, entertainment people and such.

It's ironic that the party who claims to be for the working 'stiff' is the party who continually
insults them. Remember basket of deplorables ?

That party would be the democrats.

Governor Swill

Feb 19, 2024, 5:54:04 PMFeb 19
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 13:58:49 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

>Trump paid back his loans with interest either on time or early.
>The bankers described Trump as a 'whale' which is finance speak for a very wealthy client who can
>influence the asset's price.
>IOW a high roller.

Then why don't American banks do business with him anymore? Nobody will deal with him
except Deutshebank and the Russians.

pothead

Feb 19, 2024, 8:35:47 PMFeb 19
On 2024-02-19, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 13:58:49 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
>

>>Trump paid back his loans with interest either on time or early.
>>The bankers described Trump as a 'whale' which is finance speak for a very wealthy client who can
>>influence the asset's price.
>>IOW a high roller.
>
> Then why don't American banks do business with him anymore? Nobody will deal with him
> except Deutshebank and the Russians.
>
> Swill

<https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2023/04/05/how-trumps-legal-problems-are-affecting-his-
banking-relationships/?sh=1b468fc72ca7>

If you have the assets to pay back the loan you could be Al Capone for all the banks care.

Scout

Feb 20, 2024, 9:39:35 AMFeb 20

"Governor Swill" <governo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 23:50:56 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On 2024-02-17, Skeeter <Skeet...@proton.me> wrote:
>
>>> Even the banks in New York he borrowed from say they loved working with
>>> him and he paid all his loans off. So where does that money go? The only
>>> people with complaints were the prosecutor and the DA and the judge. No
>>> victims.
>>That was funny watching the prosecutions witnesses actually testifying FOR
>>TRUMP.
>>They made tons of money and loved Trump as a client.
>>Ooops.
>
> Hookers and Johns don't complain about their business relationship but
> it's still illegal.

Ok, what law(s) were broken?

Then show us who else has EVER been prosecuted under them.

Meanwhile I understand developers are reconsidering any projects they have
in New York lest some DA decides to second guess past, current, or future
loan applications. Without loans to fund the projects, major construction
in NY will come to a halt.

Skeeter

Feb 20, 2024, 9:41:37 AMFeb 20
In article <ur2dj4$2hu0k$6...@dont-email.me>,
me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net says...
Looks like the truckers are also thinking of banning trips into NYC.

duke

Feb 20, 2024, 10:32:21 AMFeb 20
On 2/20/2024 5:25 AM, Scout wrote:

> "Governor Swill" <governo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> That was funny watching the prosecutions witnesses actually testifying FOR
>>> TRUMP.
>>> They made tons of money and loved Trump as a client.
>>> Ooops.
>>
>> Hookers and Johns don't complain about their business relationship but it's
>> still illegal.
>
> Ok, what law(s) were broken?
>
> Then show us who else has EVER been prosecuted under them.

Exxon Mobil and Martin Shkreli.

> Meanwhile I understand developers are reconsidering any projects they have in
> New York lest some DA decides to second guess past, current, or future loan
> applications.

No source means it's bullshit.

pothead

Feb 20, 2024, 11:04:15 AMFeb 20
Leave it to the left wing democrats to destroy the financial capitol of the world, NYC.
Is there anything they can't fu%k up?

pothead

Feb 20, 2024, 11:06:27 AMFeb 20
That's gotta be a win-win for the truckers as driving an 18 wheeler around in NYC must be a
nightmare.

Michael A Terrell

Feb 20, 2024, 11:15:45 AMFeb 20
On 2/20/2024 6:41 AM, Skeeter-Shit Jack-Off Shit-4-Braincell, convicted child
molester and another fucking do-nothing, lied:
Bullshit. No truckers are doing any such thing. Truck drivers have no power to
do that.

Governor Swill

Feb 20, 2024, 4:57:45 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 01:35:45 -0000 (UTC), pothead wrote:

You called Trump a shyster.

According to Oxford a shyster is:
a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in
business. "an ambulance-chasing shyster"

The thesaurus returns these words as synonyms for shyster. "cheater chiseler mouthpiece
pettifogger scammer trickster"

The etymology of shyster is from the German word Scheisse (= excrement), hence “scheisser”
became “shyster.”

>On 2024-02-19, Governor Swill wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 13:58:49 -0000 (UTC), pothead wrote:
>>>Trump paid back his loans with interest either on time or early.
>>>The bankers described Trump as a 'whale' which is finance speak for a very wealthy client who can
>>>influence the asset's price.
>>>IOW a high roller.
>>
>> Then why don't American banks do business with him anymore? Nobody will deal with him
>> except Deutshebank and the Russians.

><https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2023/04/05/how-trumps-legal-problems-are-affecting-his-banking-relationships/?sh=1b468fc72ca7>
>
>If you have the assets to pay back the loan you could be Al Capone for all the banks care.

I stand corrected. Deutchsebank won't deal with him anymore.

See, you're mistaken. Lots of banks DIDN'T get their money back because Trump businesses
filed so many bankruptcies.

His MO was, borrow from multiple lenders against a property you inflate the value of,
pocket what you can, then when the business fails, file bankruptcy.

Banks don't like that.

"Longtime lender Deutsche Bank started backing away from Donald Trump before his recent
indictment. Axos Bank, which happily stepped up, seems content to stick with the
ex-president."

Anybody know what rate and terms Axos is extracting from the chiseler?

Michael A Terrell

Feb 20, 2024, 5:03:18 PMFeb 20
On 2/20/2024 8:23 AM, Skeeter-Shit Jack-Off Shit-4-Braincell, convicted child
molester and another fucking do-nothing, lied:

> In article <Pe4BN.386594$c3Ea....@fx10.iad>,
> mike.am...@earthlink.nut says...
> They do. They can refuse to take loads to NYC.

That's not a "ban."

Truckers who won't go into NYC will be replaced by those who will.

Skeeter

Feb 20, 2024, 5:05:56 PMFeb 20
In article <8f7atil1kg98d1kjc...@4ax.com>,
governo...@gmail.com says...

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 01:35:45 -0000 (UTC), pothead wrote:
>
> You called Trump a shyster.
>
> According to Oxford a shyster is:
> a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in
> business. "an ambulance-chasing shyster"
>
> The thesaurus returns these words as synonyms for shyster. "cheater chiseler mouthpiece
> pettifogger scammer trickster"
>
> The etymology of shyster is from the German word Scheisse (= excrement), hence ?scheisser?
> became ?shyster.?

> >> Then why don't American banks do business with him anymore? Nobody will deal with him
> >> except Deutshebank and the Russians.
>
> ><https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2023/04/05/how-trumps-legal-problems-are-affecting-his-banking-relationships/?sh=1b468fc72ca7>
> >
> >If you have the assets to pay back the loan you could be Al Capone for all the banks care.
>
> I stand corrected. Deutchsebank won't deal with him anymore.
>
> See, you're mistaken. Lots of banks DIDN'T get their money back because Trump businesses
> filed so many bankruptcies.
>
> His MO was, borrow from multiple lenders against a property you inflate the value of,
> pocket what you can, then when the business fails, file bankruptcy.
>
> Banks don't like that.

Then why didn't they complain?

Governor Swill

Feb 21, 2024, 6:14:16 PMFeb 21
Otoh, that's exactly what New York is trying to achieve - preventing bogus projects and
fraudulent business practices.

Is it just me or are Republicans saying that immorality is ok as long as you don't get
caught?

Governor Swill

Feb 21, 2024, 6:15:18 PMFeb 21
How are they going to fuck it up be demanding ethical business practices?

Surely you don't think Tammany Hall is a good way to run a city?

NoBody

Feb 22, 2024, 7:28:40 AMFeb 22
So did any of the brave libs ever answer your question?