Google, Alphabet employees to form union

Leroy N. Soetoro

Jan 4, 2021, 3:05:32 PM1/4/21
'Alphabet continues to crack down on those who dare to speak out,' pro-
union employees wrote

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/google-alphabet-employee-union

Two Google software engineers announced they will form a union open to all
employees of Alphabet, Google's parent company, and accused the tech giant
of collaborating with repressive governments, mishandling accusations of
sexual misconduct against executives and other wrongdoing.

"For far too long, thousands of us at Google — and other subsidiaries of
Alphabet, Google’s parent company — have had our workplace concerns
dismissed by executives," engineers Parul Koul and Chewy Shaw wrote. "Our
bosses ... have developed artificial intelligence technology for use by
the Department of Defense and profited from ads by a hate group. They have
failed to make the changes necessary to meaningfully address our retention
issues with people of color."

FORMER GOOGLE DIVERSITY RECRUITER CLAIMS MANAGER TOLD HER THAT HER
BALTIMORE ACCENT WAS A 'DISABILITY'

Two hundred twenty-six Alphabet employees have signed union cards with the
Communications Workers of America, meaning the workers are on their way to
being recognized as a union, Koul and Shaw wrote.

"Alphabet continues to crack down on those who dare to speak out, and keep
workers from speaking on sensitive and publicly important topics, like
antitrust and monopoly power," Koul and Shaw wrote. "For a handful of
wealthy executives, this discrimination and unethical working environment
are working as intended, at the cost of workers with less institutional
power, especially Black, brown, queer, trans, disabled, and women
workers."

"Each time workers organize to demand change, Alphabet’s executives make
token promises, doing the bare minimum in the hopes of placating workers,"
they continued.

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

Google responded to the employees' claims on Monday morning.

“We've always worked hard to create a supportive and rewarding workplace
for our workforce," Kara Silverstein, director of people operations, said
in a statement. "Of course our employees have protected labor rights that
we support. But as we’ve always done, we’ll continue engaging directly
with all our employees.”

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ON FOX BUSINESS

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.