For those who wore Oticon hearing aid with its headphone and bone oscillator...

Ant

May 1, 2015, 5:36:34 PM5/1/15
... How long did yours last before it starting having problems? I have
been wearing mine (e.g., 380P since the mid 1990s since I have a few old
ones in my storages) and noticed they only seem to last about 3-5 years
before having problems (e.g., latest issue is its light brown Oticon
BC462 100 bone conduction oscillator part seems to make distortions,
changes volume by itself, etc. compared to my very old dark brown one
with only "DENMARK" label (no numbers and Oticon labels) -- did Oticon
go cheap on its parts if they are different inside [did not open]?). I
wore and used mine daily (power on/off, volume control, etc. a lot).
Sometimes I sleep with it because I passed out. Oops. Is this normal to
last this long?

Hearing aid is mostly on per day, and I change its 675 battery about
every other week (not bad). I noticed each time I buy a brand new one,
the prices are higher ($900, $1100, etc.). I know it is an old analog
model since I didn't want the digital ones that require internal
implants (eek -- what if something goes wrong?!).

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"No, I'd prefer a cooler WITHOUT an ant-door, thank you..." --unknown
| |o o| |