Hearing Loss Association, Lakeland Florida Chapter

hit...@baseball.com

Nov 13, 2012, 3:39:34 PM11/13/12
A new Hearing Loss Association Chapter was created this past February,
in Lakeland, Florida. We have grown considerably over the last 10
months. You can learn more about our Chapter at this website:
www.hla-lakeland.org

We bring in speakers to give presentation on hearing-related topics
and this is a great group with members who wear hearing aids and
cochlear implants. Our meeting room is looped, which means that you
can utilize your t-coil to bring the sounds directly into your hearing
device. Also, we have a CART operator, who translates the spoken
words onto a screen. So, we have it all!!

We promote key projects to help the hard of hearing. These projects
include Captioning and Looping.

We meet on the second Thursday of the month at 6 pm. Visit our
website for details on where we meet. For December, we have no
meeting, but will be gathering at the Red Lobster, at the Lakeland
Mall on December 13 at 6 pm. Again, details on the website.

Come and visit us.