Re: Tampon shortage hits major retailers nationwide

Just Kill The Protesters

Jul 3, 2022, 7:45:02 AM7/3/22
In article <XnsACA0B13D...@95.216.243.224>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ed...@post.com wrote
>
> In fact, because he suffered from an anal injection of the coronavirus,
>
> they got free AIDS too. Win win! By the way, edell sucks cocks.

Queers are sticking tampons up their asses now. Hope the toxic
shock kills them.

First, it was baby formula. Now, it's tampons.

Store shelves where tampons should be stocked have been bare in
recent months due to supply chain issues exacerbated by the
COVID-19 pandemic, setting the scene for a shortage that’s been
brewing for a while.

Evidence of the shortage has been growing on social media and
forums, though data mapping out the course of the shortage have
yet to be compiled. Frustrated women have shared their trouble
finding their preferred menstrual products on Twitter and
Reddit, often including photos of empty shelves at big-box
retailers such as CVS and Walgreens.

“With China shut down due to Covid, supply chain issues are
going from bad to worse,” one woman wrote on Twitter in April.
“I cannot find the feminine hygiene products I like anywhere. I
can find them online though for $10 for a box of pads and $17
for a box of tampons?! This isn't some fancy brand. This f***ing
sucks.”

Another Twitter user wrote, “Is a female apocalypse coming or
something?! Why is every store out of tampons?”

The shortage has been driven by supply chain issues that have
plagued the manufacture of other products, most notably baby
formula. The major tampon manufacturers, Procter & Gamble,
Edgewell, and Kimberly-Clark, have cited COVID-19-related
limitations on employees’ ability to work and travel, shipping
and transportation bottlenecks, and difficulty sourcing raw
materials.

Cotton and rayon, key ingredients for the manufacture of
tampons, have been in high demand throughout the pandemic, which
has also led to higher costs. The price per pound of cotton, for
instance, has also climbed about 88% since the start of the
pandemic.

Procter & Gamble, which manufactures Tampax products, America’s
most popular tampon brand, said the company has ramped up
manufacturing at its Maine plant to operate around the clock.

“We understand it is frustrating for consumers when they can’t
find what they need. We can assure you this is a temporary
situation, and the Tampax team is producing tampons 24/7 to meet
the increased demand for our products,” a company spokesperson
told the Washington Examiner.

A company spokesperson also attributed increased demand and low
supply to the “hit” 2020 ad campaign featuring comedian Amy
Schumer, according to Time.

Kimberly-Clark and Edgewell, manufacturers of Kotex and Playtex
respectively, did not respond to requests for comment. The
companies disclosed in reports for investors that the pandemic
could continue to disrupt their abilities to satisfy heightened
demand for the products. Kimberly-Clark, for instance, told
investors the pandemic could have numerous negative impacts on
the business, “including causing significant volatility in
demand for our products, changes in consumer behavior and
preference, disruptions in our manufacturing and supply chain
operations … significant changes in the economic or political
conditions in markets in which we operate.”

Major retailers have acknowledged the shortage of particular
brands, though they insist they are in regular contact with
companies about their efforts to boost supplies.

“Walgreens works diligently with our suppliers to ensure we have
tampon supply available,” a spokesperson for Walgreens said.
“However, similar to other retailers, we are experiencing some
temporary brand-specific shortages in certain geographies. While
we will continue to have products at shelf and online, it may
only be in specific brands while we navigate the supply
disruption.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/tampon-
shortage-hits-retailers-nationwide