Left-wing Liberalism so good... How a Portland radical murdered a Trump supporter - and became a hero for Antifa

Leroy N. Soetoro

Mar 6, 2021, 6:48:17 PM3/6/21
https://nypost.com/2021/01/30/how-a-portland-radical-murdered-a-trump-
supporter/

During the 2020 riots sparked by the police-custody death of George Floyd,
journalist ANDY NGO embedded with Antifa groups on the West Coast and
witnessed first-hand how left-wing protestors can spread their own brand
of violence. In an excerpt from his new book, “Unmasked: Inside Antifa’s
Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy” (Center Street), out Tuesday, he
details the murder of a Trump supporter at the hands of an Antifa radical,
who was instantly hailed as a hero for his crime, and later a martyr . . .

In 2020, my hometown of Portland, Ore., was in the national and
international news for all the wrong reasons. Dozens of cities saw Black
Lives Matter and Antifa-inspired protests or riots break out in response
to George Floyd’s death on May 25, but Portland stood out above the others
because its violence lasted for months.

On Aug. 29, 2020, that violence culminated in murder when a 48-year-old
volunteer security “officer” for BLM-Antifa killed a Trump supporter in
the city’s downtown.

Michael Forest Reinoehl shot Aaron “Jay” Danielson, 39, using a pistol at
near point-blank range after lying in wait for him around a street corner.
The shooting was caught on camera from a distance by a live streamer. A
person believed to be Reinoehl shouted: “We’ve got a couple right here!”
(Danielson was walking with a friend.) Two shots rang out, and Danielson
fell face-first to the ground. He was shot in the chest and died
instantly.

Earlier in the day, hundreds of vehicles had gathered in Clackamas County,
near Portland, for a grassroots-organized “Trump 2020 Cruise Rally.” It
was a mass vehicle caravan rally celebrating all that Antifa hate:
President Trump, law enforcement and America. The day was peaceful as
drivers made their way out of a mall’s parking lot and onto a route that
took them in and around the Portland area. But trouble was waiting when
they drove downtown.

Drivers waving US, Trump and “Don’t Tread on Me” flags were met by crowds
of masked Antifa rioters armed with projectile weapons. The drivers and
their passengers came loaded with their own tools and weapons. Antifa
hurled eggs and rocks at the caravan. They also sprayed cars and
passengers with urine from water guns. Some of them tried to stop the
vehicles by standing in the road and pushing against the cars. In
response, members of the caravan used pepper spray and shot people with
paintballs. No one sustained real injuries, and the conflict fizzled out.

By around 8:30 p.m., the caravan vehicles were gone. But some of its
participants walked around. Aaron Danielson strolled through downtown with
his friend Chandler Pappas. Both had been passengers in the caravan
earlier in the day and are affiliated with Patriot Prayer, the Portland-
area pro-Trump group. Danielson was a single man who ran a moving company.
His Oregon criminal record includes convictions for driving-related
misdemeanors in the 2000s.

According to the criminal complaint against Reinoehl, at approximately
8:44 p.m., he was walking ahead of Danielson and Pappas. He looked back at
them and reached toward his waistband. Portland Police Detective Rico
Beniga wrote this about Reinoehl and his companion (named as Subject #2)
in an affidavit:

REINOEHL turns into the garage entry and reaches toward his left front
waist area. REINOEHL conceals himself, waits, and watches as Danielson and
Pappas continue walking by. Danielson and Pappas do not appear to interact
or communicate with anyone and continue southbound on SW 3rd Avenue . . .
After Danielson and Pappas walk by, REINOEHL begins to emerge from garage
while still reaching toward the pocket or pouch on his waistband. Subject
#2 looks back toward REINOEHL. Danielson and Pappas cross westbound across
SW 3rd Avenue and REINOEHL and Subject #2 follow them. The shooting occurs
shortly thereafter and is not captured on the surveillance video.

When news spread on social media that someone had been shot, Antifa
accounts and Antifa-sympathetic journalists erroneously spread the claim
that a “black comrade” had been killed by a Trump supporter.

“The far-right have been building up to this for the last three weeks. The
[Portland Police Bureau] encouraged this escalation,” tweeted Rose City
Antifa. Another Antifa group, Popular Mobilization, tweeted: “As we
process our trauma over this tragic turn of events, let’s remember the
importance of standing together as a community in opposition to fascist
violence.”

Within a few hours, it was revealed that the homicide victim was a
conservative who vocally supported law enforcement and the president.
Photos of Danielson’s body on the ground showed he had a “thin blue line”
patch on his clothing, a symbol of support for police, and a hat bearing
the insignia of the Patriot Prayer group. As soon as that news spread
among Antifa, the somber mood in the crowd, which by now had gathered
outside the Justice Center, became celebratory.

“I just got word the person who died was a Patriot Prayer person — he was
a f–king Nazi!” yelled a woman on a bullhorn. People shouted “Yeah!” in
response. She continued: “Our community held its own, and took out the
trash. I am not going to shed any tears over a Nazi.”

Tweet from Portland Antifa
Tweet from Portland Antifa
Twitter @RoseCityAntifa
Even though none of the Antifa knew the identity of the deceased at that
time, it didn’t matter. They only needed to know that he was a Trump
supporter. They celebrated his death through dancing, song and the burning
of American flags.

Later, at a memorial service for Danielson organized by local conservative
activists in Vancouver, Wash., Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson urged the
crowd not to seek vengeance.

“I know that Jay would not want that,” Gibson said. “Jay wants us to stand
up for what we believe in, and he does not want any more violence, guys.
He does not want any more violence.”

In the immediate hours after Danielson’s murder, Internet sleuths went to
work analyzing the blurry stills showing Reinoehl, who was unknown at the
time, running from the scene in the livestream video. Based on his
distinctive clothing, they found other clips from earlier in the evening
showing him walking around downtown, at times pumping his fist in support
of BLM, and frequently having his hand ready on a concealed gun. What
positively identified him to Internet sleuths as well as law enforcement
was a large tattoo of a black power fist on his neck.

Once I found out Reinoehl’s name, I immediately searched online for his
social media accounts. Though most Antifa are quick to hide their online
presence, Reinoehl still had an active Instagram account where he had
posted throughout the summer riots. Within seconds of skimming his posts,
it confirmed what I suspected all along. Not only was he obsessively in
support of BLM, he identified himself as “100 percent antifa” and wrote
long posts about the need for violent revolution.

His other posts on Instagram reflected the same themes of viewing the
current riots as part of an armed struggle for revolution. In one post,
the divorced father of two claimed to have served in the US Army but an
Army spokesperson said they had no record of Reinoehl. A friend of his
later told The Wall Street Journal that Reinoehl worked random odd
contracting jobs in recent years. He was a former professional snowboarder
whose criminal history in Oregon includes driving-related offenses.

Though he was never known to dress in black bloc, the unofficial uniform
for Antifa, he certainly espoused their ideology. While calling for the
abolishment of police, Reinoehl was auditioning for a role in the armed
“self-defense” community, which BLM Antifa managed to install in place of
the police in Portland in June last year. Reinoehl got the job.

Spending time in the “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone,” or CHAZ, in Seattle,
I had already seen up-close what happens when city officials make law
enforcement retreat from the public. Anarchists and other extremists move
in and establish their own rules. And they aren’t shy about using
violence. In fact, they revel in it. As in CHAZ, those who fashion
themselves as “security” for racial justice are often the most violent,
cruel and brutal.

The last few months of Reinoehl’s life before his shooting show he was a
violent man with no regard for the well-being of others. Over and over,
authorities failed to prosecute or jail him, even when they had several
opportunities to do so. This is the travesty in the killing of Aaron
Danielson. It could have been prevented.

Nearly two months before Danielson’s murder, Portland Police actually had
Reinoehl in custody — but he was let go. On July 5, 2020, during the start
of violent riots targeting the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse, Reinoehl
was detained and cited for possessing an illegal and loaded gun in a
public place, resisting arrest and interfering with police. He was
photographed fighting cops while they subdued him to the ground. In the
photo released by Portland Police, his pistol is seen on the ground next
to him. A source tells me that police released Reinoehl because he claimed
to be injured. The Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office then
dropped all of his charges for unknown reasons.

But that wasn’t the only missed opportunity to stop Reinoehl. On June 8,
2020, he and his teenage son were racing in separate vehicles in eastern
Oregon. Reinoehl was stopped by a state trooper, who saw his 11-year-old
daughter as the passenger. According to state police, they found
prescription drugs, marijuana and an illegally possessed loaded Glock
pistol in the vehicle. Reinoehl had a warrant for that arrest due to his
failure to appear in court. But he was never apprehended.

One day prior to Danielson’s Aug. 29 murder, Reinoehl attended a BLM-
Antifa riot outside Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler’s condo. He was
photographed with his young child, who was brandishing a baseball bat.

Immediately after the killing, Reinoehl went on the run. Five days later,
he emerged in a Vice News interview with sympathetic left-wing freelance
writer Donovan Farley. In the interview from an undisclosed location,
Reinoehl admitted to the killing, saying: “I had no choice. I mean, I, I
had a choice. I could have sat there and watched them kill a friend of
mine of color. But I wasn’t going to do that.” He said that Danielson
threatened him with a knife even though no evidence supports the claim. In
fact, the video surveillance seconds before the shooting showed Reinoehl
waiting for Danielson and following him.

Reinoehl also admitted to being a fugitive, saying he was not turning
himself in because he thinks police are collaborating with right wingers.

Five days after Danielson was killed, I received word from law-enforcement
sources that US Marshals had killed Reinoehl in Washington state. A
federal task force made up of local officers located him in an apartment
near Lacey, Wash., about 120 miles from Portland. A statement from former
Attorney General William Barr the following day said that Reinoehl
attempted to escape arrest and “produced a firearm” before being shot
dead. However, a New York Times report the following month said that all
but one of the 22 witnesses interviewed by investigators recalled not
hearing officers identify themselves or give commands before the shooting.
The sheriff’s team conducting the homicide investigation did find a .380-
caliber pistol in Reinoehl’s pocket, as well as a semi-automatic rifle in
his car. The investigation remains ongoing.

Like the Antifa killers who came before him, Reinoehl was instantly made
into a martyr by Antifa in Portland. The night he was killed on Sept. 3,
2020, rioters attacked a police building in southeast Portland. On the
ground outside, they graffitied over and over: “You murdered Michael
Reinoehl.”

The morning after, while driving around Portland, I saw a large graffiti
message on the side of a police building that read, “Long live Mike.”

Antifa even turned one of the bridge pillars in north Portland into a
“memorial” for Reinoehl featuring spray-painted eulogies. His death also
prompted calls for vengeance by Antifa in other parts of the country. In
December, Antifa hung a banner over Storrow Drive in Boston that read,
“Avenge Michael Reinoehl.”

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.