Delivery times

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 2, 2021, 3:59:06 PM7/2/21
With the reduction in letter mail volume and closure of a signficant
number of plants, the post no longer attempts overnight delivery within
metropolitan areas. Longer processing windows were implemented for mail
inducted into the remaining facer/cancellers. That was fine with me
because with fewer plants remaining, mail was actually making better
connections even if overnight delivery mostly went away. Two-day mail
became common if there was a change of just one plant.

I mailed a certified letter Monday, which includes tracking. I expectd
it to be delivered Wednesday. The post office tracking site said
delivery was expected Thursday. That stinks.

Checking the history, it was at the second plant Tuesday morning, then
sat. It left the second plant early the second day, Thursday.

Arrived at delivery office Friday afternoon, with an "out for delivery"
note a few minutes later, then "available for pickup" an hour and 15
minutes later. No delivery was attempted? It's going to a government
office building with a mailing room. Idiots.

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 3, 2021, 4:42:39 PM9/3/21
Once again, I had to mail a letter with a similar path of travel. It was
sent certified, so there's tracking.

It still sat at a "regional facility" for a calendar day. Even though it
departed at 1:24 am, it wouldn't arrive at the delivery office till the
next calendar day in the afternoon, so it missed being put on the
carrier's route for two business days. It claims it's available for
pickup but the recipient isn't making a special trip.