FRI I think it's Friday, Evening Smokes.

hardcrackers

Jan 8, 2021, 8:28:46 PMJan 8
I have been busy with doctors and distractions lately so haven't posted. Now on the health update,
They now after consultation have taken the the mention of another bone marrow transplant off the table saying I couldn't survive another transplant because I haven't recovered from the last one. I could have told them that, there just isn't enough water left in my well to do a another one. I had my first chemo day Wendsday where I was treated like a brisket being smoked low and slow. It was an 8 hrs day for me with a slow drip being monitored for any drug allergy, I had it before with no issues then or presently either. I had more trouble with the benadryl cocktail drip making me slightly nauseous and restless. The chemo made it lessen. I thought I'd just read, post on FB and watch videos but I was in La La Land in a brain fog. Thursday was my Imune therapy cocktail day with steroids making me wired and wide awake all night and day inspite of the sleeping pill they had me take, running of caffeine and pipe tobbaco today. But feeling no worse for wear so far.
Now for this morning's little ray of sunshine, my daughter called saying she, her husband and her father-in-law both have tested positive for Covid inspite of them taking a paranoid precautions they still caught it, her in-laws not so much they have an extremely casual outlook about taking any cautions with the usual big family Thanksgiving and Christmas of all the family and extended family up to 40 people in one house! You know, Dueling Banjos type of a clan in Arkansas. My daughter and son-in-law stayed away and came here instead but I think they all got by.
Smoking something called Big Ben that is a match for one of the Dunhill blends I don't remember which in a Sav Citation 316 with Pepsi Max.
Ron Hardcrackers

Jim Beard

Jan 9, 2021, 10:00:22 AMJan 9
Positive on Covid is not the same as ill. Many test positive and were
unaware they had it, asymptomatic I think is the "learned" label.

That should provide immunity without having to take the vaccine, but
there are different strains and if they are offered one of the vaccines I
would recommend they take it.

Relative immunity due to a healthy immune system or exposure to less than
required to make you sick is not a perfect guarantee you will not come
down with a different strain or in different circumstances.

Of course, if we had perfect guarantees we would all be in Heaven (or
elsewhere, depending on what is guaranteed), so we will muddle through as
best as possible for mere mortals, as you are doing with other problems.

Good Luck for you and yours!

Cheers!

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user-unfriendly, it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.

hardcrackers

Jan 12, 2021, 10:06:17 AMJan 12
I agree. My daughter believes the tests were right and she's sick and miserable and they both have lost sense of smell, enternaning themselves by sniffing every stinky item they can find and smelling nothing but they still have the sense of taste. She was taking extra care because Mike had heart surgery maybe around a year ago while he was there at St. Judge's having tests done because he was a former patient there when he was a toddler. While doing tests he developed heat concerns and sent him to another hospital. He's also close to 10 years older than her.
Not smoking anything now waiting on coffee. Ever since my chemo I haven't been sleeping but little. I suppose I have been running off coffee and steroids from my immune therapy and just not that tired. I slept two hours last night, hitting the rack late and raising before dawn but thinking I'll have some of this fresh coffee, have some breakfast and grab a nap so I will have energy for the New York Pipe Club Zoom meeting this evening whatever time it does start. One nice thing is at least my chronic fatigue hasn't been that big of an issue and I got a lot of chores done while wide eyed and bushy tailed and I jared up about 3lbs of pipe tobacco while my wife was doing errands and shopping for our daughter and wasn't there complaining about me doing my canning and sterilizing everything for long term cellering for the tobacco apocalypse. She just doesn't get it that this is an investment.
Ron

Travis

Jan 12, 2021, 9:18:45 PMJan 12
Jeez, Hardcrackers. Bummed to finally get around to reading this.
Take care, dude.

hardcrackers

Feb 8, 2021, 2:31:53 AMFeb 8
I had my second round of chemo last Wendsday, this time without a hitch. I had a different infusion nurse this time plus I met with my oncology nurse before hand telling her about the discomfort I had with the pre-chemo so she changed it to an oral dose instead of a drip. The nurse who treated me last I have found has a habit of rushing the treatment faster than the patient may be able to tolerate from what I was able to gather there. I know he handled my wife's treatments last year and she didn't think well of him at all for some reason. She was only able to do two treatments before they had to stop because it was burning her up. It's adding up now and I have made my thoughts known to Nurse Connie and I may be bringing it up again. His rushing treatments when I was going to be there for eight hours anyway reminds me of a waiter in a restaurant rushing diners celebrating their anniversary because he wants to turn more tables. All in all, I am managing well with little difficulties. I am doing well enough that I have my first Covid inoculation scheduled for Thursday so there's that going for me.
Ron Hardcrackers
smoking a bowl of Celebrated Bengal Slices in a Yello-Bole Stem-biter pot with the propeller logo.

Jim Beard

Feb 8, 2021, 9:39:19 AMFeb 8
On Sun, 07 Feb 2021 23:31:51 -0800, hardcrackers wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 8:18:45 PM UTC-6, Travis wrote:
>> Jeez, Hardcrackers. Bummed to finally get around to reading this.
>> Take care, dude.
> I had my second round of chemo last Wendsday, this time without a
> hitch. I had a different infusion nurse <snip>
> All in all, I am managing well
> with little difficulties. I am doing well enough that I have my first
> Covid inoculation scheduled for Thursday so there's that going for me.
> Ron Hardcrackers smoking a bowl of Celebrated Bengal Slices in a
> Yello-Bole Stem-biter pot with the propeller logo.

Good luck with the chemo.

If you are having problems with an individual, one tactics is to
simply declare, Stop. I don't see the need for, or I don't
understand why, and work in what you think should be done or done
how.

The actual content of the complaint means nothing. Simply interrupt
and slow things down to the point that it will be done your way
rather than keep hearing your "squeaky wheel" squeak.

FWIW, my wife (78) and I (74) have each received the first
Pfizer covid vaccine shot. She will be going in for her second
one this Saturday and I will go in on Friday after that.

The first had zero adverse effect for either of us. My
understanding is the second shot may stimulate the immune
system to react, since it has seen the irritant before
and decided it should be attacked. We will see how it
goes.