Restocking

Kurt Weiske

Jul 11, 2021, 3:38:25 PM7/11/21
I'm rediscovering pipe smoking after a bit of a hiatus. I have a couple of
somewhat well-preserved tobaccos - Esoterica Margate and Penzance, McBaren
Latakia Blend, Dunhill 965, Peterson Irish Flake and Erinmore Flake.

Somewhat, because the Peterson is beginning to petrify.

What are you smoking nowadays, and where do you buy your tobacco? I'm
looking for recommendations for similar tobaccos to enjoy while reading noir
detective novels in a newly remodeled back yard.

Cheers,

--k

kurt weiske | kweiske at realitycheckbbs dot org
| http://realitycheckbbs.org
| 1:218/700@fidonet

... What's up that way?
--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
--- Synchronet 3.19a-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
* realitycheckBBS - Aptos, CA - telnet://realitycheckbbs.org

Daniel

Jul 12, 2021, 5:28:51 AM7/12/21
"Kurt Weiske" <kurt....@realitycheckbbs.org.remove-oix-this> writes:

> I'm rediscovering pipe smoking after a bit of a hiatus. I have a couple of
> somewhat well-preserved tobaccos - Esoterica Margate and Penzance, McBaren
> Latakia Blend, Dunhill 965, Peterson Irish Flake and Erinmore Flake.
>
> Somewhat, because the Peterson is beginning to petrify.
>
> What are you smoking nowadays, and where do you buy your tobacco? I'm
> looking for recommendations for similar tobaccos to enjoy while reading noir
> detective novels in a newly remodeled back yard.

/snip

Hi Kurt. I have had the Dunhill 965 and a local blend of the
Penzance. They are both quite enjoyable. Right now I'm awaiting my
shipment of Peterson Elizabethan. Typically, my smokes are local blends
that I purchase at a pipe shop in my town. All are latakia blends like
Balkan or Sherlock Holmes.

Lately, I've been on cigarbid.com. My incoming peterson blend was
obtained there for $8/can - the best price i've ever seen.

If you're up to chat, you should hop onto MRC. I'm typically on there
every day via bottomless abyss bbs or quantum wormhole bbs.

I have four pipes. A dunhill straight, Peterson full bent (system),
Savinelli Tris quarter bent, and a generic pipe off ebay about fifteen
years ago.

--
Daniel
Visit me at: gopher://gcpp.world

Kurt Weiske

Jul 13, 2021, 11:10:28 AM7/13/21
To: Daniel
-=> Daniel wrote to alt.smokers.pipes <=-

Da> Hi Kurt. I have had the Dunhill 965 and a local blend of the
Da> Penzance. They are both quite enjoyable. Right now I'm awaiting my
Da> shipment of Peterson Elizabethan. Typically, my smokes are local blends
Da> that I purchase at a pipe shop in my town. All are latakia blends like
Da> Balkan or Sherlock Holmes.

Da> Lately, I've been on cigarbid.com. My incoming peterson blend was
Da> obtained there for $8/can - the best price i've ever seen.

Da> If you're up to chat, you should hop onto MRC. I'm typically on there
Da> every day via bottomless abyss bbs or quantum wormhole bbs.

I jump on the Wednesday chat occasionally. Maybe I'll haul my laptop down to
the garden and have a smoke while I'm on next time!

--k

kurt weiske | kweiske at realitycheckbbs dot org
| http://realitycheckbbs.org
| 1:218/700@fidonet

Daniel

Jul 14, 2021, 3:22:37 PM7/14/21
"Kurt Weiske" <kurt....@realitycheckbbs.org.remove-nib-this> writes:

> To: Daniel
> -=> Daniel wrote to alt.smokers.pipes <=-
>
> Da> Hi Kurt. I have had the Dunhill 965 and a local blend of the
> Da> Penzance. They are both quite enjoyable. Right now I'm awaiting my
> Da> shipment of Peterson Elizabethan. Typically, my smokes are local blends
> Da> that I purchase at a pipe shop in my town. All are latakia blends like
> Da> Balkan or Sherlock Holmes.
>
> Da> Lately, I've been on cigarbid.com. My incoming peterson blend was
> Da> obtained there for $8/can - the best price i've ever seen.
>
> Da> If you're up to chat, you should hop onto MRC. I'm typically on there
> Da> every day via bottomless abyss bbs or quantum wormhole bbs.
>
> I jump on the Wednesday chat occasionally. Maybe I'll haul my laptop down to
> the garden and have a smoke while I'm on next time!

Cool, I'm on there as calcmandan.