Is anyone here?

Kurt Weiske

May 30, 2022, 11:46:17 AMMay 30
Just stopped off at a local pipe shop in Carmel, CA and bought some G.L.
Pease "Haddo's Delight".

Most of my remaining tobaccos are heavier smokes (Esoterica
Penzance/Margate, Dunhill 965, Macbaren Latakia blend...) and I was looking
for a lighter smoke.

kurt weiske | kweiske at realitycheckbbs dot org
| http://realitycheckbbs.org
| 1:218/700@fidonet

... Overtly resist change
--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
--- Synchronet 3.19c-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
* realitycheckBBS - Aptos, CA - telnet://realitycheckbbs.org

Travis

May 30, 2022, 1:51:24 PMMay 30
Kurt,
Still check A.S.P. occasionally. That said, I quit my pipe smoking
hobby about 18 months ago. My new 'senior community' doesn't allow
smoking. Sh*t. Wifey said she was moving, and if I wanted to come, the
pipes had to go. Since I've been sleeping next to her for 55 years,
made the (tough) choice. Do miss the briars, but on the plus side,
sold most of 'em on Ebay, so my beloveds are still being enjoyed by
"someone.'

Jim

May 31, 2022, 9:55:17 AMMay 31
On Mon, 30 May 2022 08:17:00 -0700, Kurt Weiske wrote:

> Just stopped off at a local pipe shop in Carmel, CA and bought some G.L.
> Pease "Haddo's Delight".
>
> Most of my remaining tobaccos are heavier smokes (Esoterica
> Penzance/Margate, Dunhill 965, Macbaren Latakia blend...) and I was
> looking for a lighter smoke.

Most of my tobaccos are Gawith, from the UK, so I cannot help with
the lighter ones.

I check a.s.p. regularly, along with a couple of computer usenet
groups and a Japanese language group, but rarely find anything
here.

Cheers!

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user-unfriendly, it merely
expects users to be computer friendly.

haldir

Jun 12, 2022, 10:14:30 AMJun 12
I pop in on occasion but there is rarely anything going on. Most of the
newsgroups I used to frequent as well as IRC channels, have pretty much
died now. I pretty much just smoke cigars now.

Scott

Jim

Jun 13, 2022, 10:32:25 AMJun 13
Yes, a few are here.

Travis

Jun 14, 2022, 12:07:05 AMJun 14
still lurk though had to quit pipes 18 months ago due to moving to a
non-smoking facility. Still miss it.
Remember, "What are you smoking now?" Threads?
Answer now would be "Not a f*ckin' thing!"
Regards to what's left, T

Gina Romano

Jun 26, 2022, 9:44:32 AMJun 26
Hello guys, I am trying to clean up this pc to give to my Grand-daughter and came across this group chat that i joined, It says i dont have permission to leave the group. Are any of you the group admin? If so can you ungroup me
Thank you

Mike Spencer

Jun 29, 2022, 2:58:29 AMJun 29

I check in from time to time.

Long-time pipe smoker, mostly house blends from Peretti's in Boston
now that Balkan Sobranie is no more. I should get in touch with
Leavitt & Pierce in Harvard Square as I like some of thier house
blends, too. Haven't actually been *in* Boston or Cambridge for 25
years.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada