The next New York Pipe Show is March 14,2009

1 view

Sam Barnett

Mar 7, 2009, 8:15:38 PM3/7/09
March 14, that's just one week away. My how time flies.
Here is the time & location if anyone needs the info:

SHOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC @ 10:00 AM-------

LOCATION
WYNDHAM (Formally the RAMADA) NEWARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HOTEL
1-800-223-8285 OR 1-973-824-4000

I've pick up some closeouts on Dunhill accessories, which I'll be
selling at bargain prices, including 2 sidecar ballpoint pens, a
stainless pipe tamper and some leather and a couple of lighters, if
anyone is interested. This should round out my display of about 40
estate pipes.

Here is a semi- complete lst of the exhibitors as I haven't gotten one
lately from Rich:

James Island Piper
John Hayes
Colm Magner
Monjure International
BacArt (Marek)
Smokers Haven Columbus
Cheasapeake Pipe
The Piperack - Michael Lindner
Atlier Rolando
The Smoker (Mel Feldman)
Pipe to smoke -Maxim Engel
Hermit Tobacco
Andy Camire
Tim Hynick
Joe Skoda
Eugene Smolar
Fred Goldring
Harold Suretsky
Bob Palermo
Rich Esserman
Ron Colter
Sam Barnett

Apologies in advance, if I have forgotten to mention some, I am
writing this from memory rather than the currently mispalced list.

dock_...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2009, 10:11:23 PM3/7/09

Can hardly wait Sammy! I'll be there late Friday afternoon....

nick.m.c...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2009, 10:43:37 AM3/9/09
I'm bummed big time that i won't be able to make it.

dock_...@yahoo.com

Mar 11, 2009, 12:55:50 PM3/11/09
Guys,

If you're planning to attend the show for the first time I have a bit
of advice to share.....

There's only one way to enter the place and it's on the right side of
a large divided highway.

A BIG word of warning here from someone who's been burned, * * *BE
VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GO BY THE ENTRANCE TO THE HOTEL!* * * It's
slightly hidden. Slow way down after pulling onto Hwy 9. It comes up
on you in a real hurry. If you DO pass the entrance, there's no real
way to turn around and go back without wasting 30-40 mins of your time
in doing so. The roads down there really suck and NOT one time in my
years of attending have I not heard at least one story of someone
getting helplessly lost on there way to it. Just stay in the right
lane and go slow to avoid any unwanted adventures in picturesque
downtown Newark : )

Here's the adress of the Wyndam: 550 US HWY 9 | Route 1 - 9 South/I-78
| Newark, NewJersey 07114

Hope to see some of you there!

D.J.