Gurkha Urban Legend tobacco

Daniel

Jul 6, 2021, 3:55:12 AM7/6/21
I'm following an auction on cigarbid for a can of Gurkha Urban Legend
1.75 ounces. It seems like a good buy, currently the bid is at $4/US for
a tin. Anyone try it before and have a report to share?

Thx
--
Daniel
Visit me at: gopher://gcpp.world

Daniel

Jul 6, 2021, 9:52:22 PM7/6/21
Daniel <m...@sci.fi.dan.com> writes:

> I'm following an auction on cigarbid for a can of Gurkha Urban Legend
> 1.75 ounces. It seems like a good buy, currently the bid is at $4/US for
> a tin. Anyone try it before and have a report to share?
>
> Thx

Well, I didn't bid on it. Instead I opted for a can of peterson
elizabethan mixture for $8.50.

Never had it but I've never had a Peterson tobacco I didn't like.

I'm still watching the gurkha can though. Mixture of burley, perique,
latakia, virginia. Rated as a relatively mild blend, which is why I
haven't bid on it. I prefer more full flavored blends.

Jim

Jul 6, 2021, 11:23:50 PM7/6/21
Dunhill's Elizabethan is excellent, and account for the few tins of it I
have in my stockpile. I have not tried the Peterson version, but would
expect it to be excellent as well.

Cheers!

jim .

--
UNIX is not user-unfriendly, it merely
expects users to be computer friendly.

Daniel

Jul 6, 2021, 11:44:29 PM7/6/21
That's good news. What's the blend composed of? Same stuff?

Jim

Jul 8, 2021, 9:56:08 AM7/8/21
The claim is Peterson uses the same recipe, which would imply the same
stuff. How close to "identical" the "same stuff" is, is uncertain.

If the same type of tobacco is obtained from a different supplier
(common, even if the blender remains the same) the soil, weather, and
curing practices may change slightly and affect the taste.

Cheers!

jim b.

Daniel

Jul 11, 2021, 5:39:05 AM7/11/21
Well, I didn't mean to imply the flavor would be exactly the same.

I look forward to my shipment arriving soon.