Re: de Kerckhove and Post-Rhyee times

purple

Nov 21, 2004, 4:39:14 PM11/21/04

A colleague wrote:

[Well, de Kerckhove damn well should know 'cause I briefed him on it
during our last "Council of 6.5" soiree. Why, just before the buffet of
crow, baked beans and haunch of dog I sez to him, "Derrick, my boy, it's
apparent to me that Weinberger is describing the anamorphic post-Rhyee
world that the Androgynous Mimi attempts to stimulate. What say you?"

He moaned. "Well, first of all", he bitched, "I thought it was
Wine/Burger. I'm a little pissed 'cause that's what I was expecting for
this evening's foodfest. What's this shit?"

"Don't worry", said I, "his great purpleness, Mr. Booby Dobbs, will
look into this for you. However, don't be surprised if he concludes
that your enthusiasm for Weinberger is just a misplaced celebration of
pre-cold fusion Menippean phatic communion."

"Fascist gobbledygook!!" he was heard to mutter just before cornering
the mysterious K., regaling her with his latest theories on the
relevance of Duke Ellington's "jungle" music to the post-9/11 gen Z'ers
penchant for tap dancing on the head of a pin.]

>>> purple <pur...@tellurian.com'11/17/2004 6:03:13 PM >>>

If you go here:

http://www.c-span.org/congress/digitalfuture.asp

you can see Derrick de Kerckhove introducing David Weinberger for a
C-SPAN
broadcast a few days ago.

Weinberger describes unconsciously the anamorphic post-Rhyee world that
the
Android Meme attempts to simulate. The actual post-Rhyee condition of
our
existence here on the "Physical Plane" was inaugurated 37 years ago.

From my "Silencing the Virtually Solar Theatre" essay:

[When Rhyee (the original Separateness) returned to the Plane of
Essence in
February, 1967, the cycle of friction-based technological civilisation
was
kaput, and hence, aware and self-conscious of itself as a process.
This
meant that Rhyee ("earth"), and its concomitant forces Eloi ("water"),
Tu
("air"), and Lofti ("fire"), were free to create their own spaces as
anti-environments/polygons (cultural terrorists) to the imminent
fusion.]

I don't think DeK realizes his enthusiasm for Weinberger is a
misplaced
celebration of pre-cold fusion Menippean phatic communion.

The Great Bob Dobbs

Den Mu

Nov 22, 2004, 6:07:03 PM11/22/04
I was thinking about you on Saturday Bob,
The 20th (when The Crystal Method came into Atlanta)

That day I was in Inman Park/Reynoldstown in Atlanta.
I was inside Satellite Records and I saw a Jungle section.
I picked up the sickest looking picture on the rack and it was
basically a hentai picture (I am sure you know what hentai is Bob
you've been around these perverted subgenii here)

And the title was Penetration 13
The first track was named Life of Sin.

The record company was from the UK.
By the record company Load Media
http://www.load-media.co.uk

The area code began with 44
In Atlanta the area code is 404
The I had a flashback to when I was in Seattle and I felt really
nauseous.

http://www.hyperdictionary.com

Tellurian

Definition: 1.[n] an inhabitant of the earth
2. [adj] of or relating to or inhabiting the land as opposed to the
sea or air

Synonyms: earthling, earthman, telluric, terrene, terrestrial

See Also: denizen, dweller, inhabitant

Definition: \Tel*lu"ri*an\, a. [L. tellus, -uris, the earth.]
Of or pertaining to the earth. --De Quincey.

\Tel*lu"ri*an\, n.
1. A dweller on the earth. --De Quincey.

2. An instrument for showing the operation of the causes
which produce the succession of day and night, and the
changes of the seasons. [Written also {tellurion}.]

For me I will just use the mnemonic of Geo (Even though it can be
confused with Gaia and Gaia is not Rhyee)

I am hoicking up Vladimir Vernadsky (Notice his the first letters of
his first and last name)

That way I can weave in and out of the eco-fascists and the corporate
virtual class with out being detected.

The eco-fascists who use their agenda to appropriate political voices
(Often I find eco-fascists to be racist; one time I was in New York
and I was trying to sell newspapers for a political organization and
this woman said she didn't like the politician because she didn't like
his ecological stance so I thought this woman was going to be
reasonable and talk about how the Brazilian tribes are being raped by
the Brazilian government and I was going to sympathize cause I whole
heartedly agree with the Brazilian tribes.Didn't hear that from her
cause as soon as I said "Well, you know world banks buy up wilderness
lands in Africa and the Banks collect all the money and the African
peoples starve and die because they can't develop their own land, so
if they built up their own land they wouldn't be in the poverty like
they are now working for international diamond companies getting
killed in wars because the Europeans fund these Prince of Charles
backed campaigns.I said don't you think that it is not right that
people have to die so they can protect wilderness? She said "So that
has to be the price paid" I was turning in my head and I said to
myself my God what a racist fucking whore (Yes this can represent the
cultural climate you get in New York; New York can be very
existentialist and stupid).

You also get this stupid shit from Europe (Finland is taking up this
trend of thinking about exterminating the human race; alot of
influential thinkers in Finland think like a genocidal maniac)

On the other hand you have the Virtual Class in places anywhere you
see high tech centers (Laws like proposition 21 where people go to
federal prison just for graffiti)

They would like to buy as much land as they can and put their
high-tech labs and nightlife nightmares (Look at Ms Dynamite on how
she describes the club scene in England to be a racist and political
(She is definitely right and I love her)

You can see why the Pentadic Managers get angry with the Tetrad
Managers (Pentadic being the rap culture exposing fascist Tetrad
Culture)

Yet the tetradic has no human bodies hence the racism doesn't come
from the core.

So I use the 44 as a battle strategy in this post-911 world.

Yet there is a last stuggle with the Pentadic being the last stage of
the Android Meme with the Eugenic/Fascist Biotech movement.

The Pentadic in its sicker stages actually divides people again.

So the cold-fusion (Hexadic) emergence solves the software tyranny by
saying to people "It is the energy stupid!

We way not be from same cultures, but we are looking for life for all
The energy says let's employ everybody and everybody gets surplus!!!

So I see the Hexadic as employing extreme irony yet perfect precision
and simplicity and diversity.

The haters will be hatin will the players be playin.

purple

Nov 23, 2004, 12:34:30 PM11/23/04

Anyone who claims to be a Sub must study this post - master it even.

And on the 22nd, too!!

Tremendous!!!!

The Great Bob Dobbs

On 11/22/04 6:07 PM, in article
426f26af.04112...@posting.google.com, "Den Mu"

Linus Minimax

Nov 23, 2004, 3:38:37 PM11/23/04
> We way not be from same cultures, but we are looking for life for all
> The energy says let's employ everybody and everybody gets surplus!!!
>
> So I see the Hexadic as employing extreme irony yet perfect precision
> and simplicity and diversity.
>
> The haters will be hatin will the players be playin.

How true it is.

Had a dream two nights ago that I had an appointment of some kind with
Marilouise Kroker. Sitting in her office, suddenly two people come in
behind me and she says "oh, hello Arthur Kroker and [someone
someone]", oddly addressing both by their full names. I turn around
to say hello and his (AK's) face (either his face itself or a
perfectly-fitting, even fluid mask he was wearing) was a
fine-resolution pixel-screen scrolling advertisements for two of his
books. I immediately burst out laughing, which he seemed to
appreciate.

Yesterday it was funny watching Bob Marshall, Bonecho and Andrew
Chrystall try to explain to a "panic-skeptical" coach house that we
don't have flesh, post-flesh, post-angelic, it all spins too fast to
even be a coherent assertion really. I showed up too late to
participate, but right on time to meet my tattooed self onscreen. I
remember some advice "astral McLuhan" gave Bob two years ago.......
"we have to stand back to back so they can't get the knife in". I
wonder if I've shielded myself, or marked a target?

Anyway a much more interesting dream last night, standing on a city
beach and there's some very slowly almost calmly growing
panic/fascination with the growing presence of what appears to be an
entire continent drifting at pretty high speed towards us over the
water. What could have happened to move it?? Will it grind down on
bedrock?? Or is it going to plow through everything?? How do you
stop a continent on the shift?? It's motion is totally silent and
inexorable.

polar bear

Nov 23, 2004, 10:27:23 PM11/23/04
In article <fc9c4691.04112...@posting.google.com>,
aleup...@canada.com (Linus Minimax) wrote:

> > We way not be from same cultures, but we are looking for life for all
> > The energy says let's employ everybody and everybody gets surplus!!!
> >
> > So I see the Hexadic as employing extreme irony yet perfect precision
> > and simplicity and diversity.
> >
> > The haters will be hatin will the players be playin.
>
> How true it is.
>
> Had a dream two nights ago that I had an appointment of some kind with
> Marilouise Kroker. Sitting in her office, suddenly two people come in
> behind me and she says "oh, hello Arthur Kroker and [someone
> someone]", oddly addressing both by their full names. I turn around
> to say hello and his (AK's) face (either his face itself or a
> perfectly-fitting, even fluid mask he was wearing) was a
> fine-resolution pixel-screen scrolling advertisements for two of his
> books. I immediately burst out laughing, which he seemed to
> appreciate.
>
> Yesterday it was funny watching Bob Marshall, Bonecho and Andrew
> Chrystall try to explain to a "panic-skeptical" coach house that we
> don't have flesh, post-flesh, post-angelic, it all spins too fast to
> even be a coherent assertion really.

OK, here's the opening I've been waiting for. What I see is "IT"
spinning faster and faster, with you lot running after "IT" like a
bunch of medieval scribes trying to "capture the moment."

The Trivium, the Quadrivium - all these myriad antidilluvian idioms are
all profoundly irrelativium. Youse guys are just a bunch of lousy
physicists makin' up "new" particles so's youse can slap your stinkin'
names on 'em. A slap in the chops with a thirty pound flounder would
be more in line, and don't laugh. I know where I can find one.

Really.
You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
A mind is a terrible thing.

> I showed up too late to
> participate,

There's more truth in those seven words that in every atrashic record
written since the dawn of time itself (and that's a very long time
indeed)

but right on time to meet my tattooed self onscreen. I
> remember some advice "astral McLuhan" gave Bob two years ago.......
> "we have to stand back to back so they can't get the knife in". I
> wonder if I've shielded myself, or marked a target?

There is no Back. There is no Front.
Like Bjork said: It's all around you.

> Anyway a much more interesting dream last night, standing on a city
> beach and there's some very slowly almost calmly growing
> panic/fascination with the growing presence of what appears to be an
> entire continent drifting at pretty high speed towards us over the
> water. What could have happened to move it?? Will it grind down on
> bedrock?? Or is it going to plow through everything?? How do you
> stop a continent on the shift?? It's motion is totally silent and
> inexorable.

Your mind has substituted "Continent" for "Black Triangle." It's a
common anxiety reflex when dealing with the unknown.

Take two Xanax and call me in the evening.

In the meantime, listen to this:

Quinn The Eskimo (Grateful Dead)

ah one,
two,

Everybody's building the big ships and the boats.
Some are building monuments, others jotting down notes.
Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy,
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here everybody's gonna jump for joy.

Come all without, come all within.
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

Now I like to do just like the rest, I like my sugar sweet.
But guarding fumes and making haste, it ain't my cup of meat.
Everybody's just standing around 'neath the trees
feeding pigeons on a limb.
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, all the pigeons gonna run to him.

Come all without, come all within.
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

A cat's meow and a cow's moo, I can't recite 'em all.
Just tell me where it hurts and I'll tell you who to call.
Nobody can get any sleep, there's someone on everybody's toes.
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, everybody's gonna wanna doze.

Come all without, come all within.
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.
Come all without, come all within.
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

***
The Mighty Polar Bear

nenslo

Nov 24, 2004, 12:43:38 AM11/24/04
polar bear wrote:

> OK, here's the opening I've been waiting for. What I see is "IT"
> spinning faster and faster, with you lot running after "IT" like a
> bunch of medieval scribes trying to "capture the moment."

IT is just SHIT without the SH.

AssCo Assc

Nov 24, 2004, 11:10:56 AM11/24/04
<< Quinn The Eskimo (Grateful Dead) >>

Bob Dylan.

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking
Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease,
Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

polar bear

Nov 24, 2004, 5:05:59 PM11/24/04
In article <41A41F88...@yahoox.com>, nenslo <nen...@yahoox.com>
wrote:

The SH flew off from centifugal force, but you were off sick that day
so you wouldn't know that.

pb

nenslo

Nov 25, 2004, 1:06:12 AM11/25/04

It was centripetal force and who do you think was running the centripet?

Linus Minimax

Nov 25, 2004, 1:06:59 AM11/25/04
> > Yesterday it was funny watching Bob Marshall, Bonecho and Andrew
> > Chrystall try to explain to a "panic-skeptical" coach house that we
> > don't have flesh, post-flesh, post-angelic, it all spins too fast to
> > even be a coherent assertion really.
>
> OK, here's the opening I've been waiting for. What I see is "IT"
> spinning faster and faster, with you lot running after "IT" like a
> bunch of medieval scribes trying to "capture the moment."

Well, I may only be speaking for myself when I insist that I'm really
not trying to "capture" anything...... in fact that's a reflex we're
working (slowly, and almost certainly futilely) to subvert and/or
reverse. "Ad Absurdum" is writing a book that deals with this theme
explicitly, I'm writing a book that implicitly deals with it and its
effects. To me 'naming' or 'describing' the moment makes "IT" go
faster rather than slowing "IT" down (you're always more likely to
capture YOURSELF than the thing you're describing anyway), so I'm
trying not to fall to that cliche. Anyway, I'm certainly not "running
after" anything, I don't think it's separate from me, and if I
perceive a spatial difference I'm more interested in making IT run
after ME........ flailing around trying to mime it would make me just
another desperate schmecker.

Language is more than 'capture', and I'm interested in the art of
building new vocabularies and testing them cruelly. Most of what I
say on the internet is the froth of things I've been thinking about
long enough to enunciate...... rarely what I'm knitting now.

Plus the key word is 'funny'. I enjoy it.

> The Trivium, the Quadrivium - all these myriad antidilluvian idioms are
> all profoundly irrelativium.

They may be but do you see me hoicking them up?? Oh, right, being
friends with someone who does incriminates me again...........
Even if they are that doesn't mean the stars disappear and numbers
don't add up and bridges collapse and the CNN war-theme isn't
calculated by experts to provoke a specific mass excitement (astronomy
arithmetic geometry and music).

> Youse guys are just a bunch of lousy
> physicists makin' up "new" particles so's youse can slap your stinkin'
> names on 'em. A slap in the chops with a thirty pound flounder would
> be more in line, and don't laugh. I know where I can find one.
>
> Really.
> You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Now why's that?? Ashamed???? I'm looking for some fun is all, and
always less and less impressed by people who think some of my tastes
for certain textures of language are geeky enough to denounce. Who
fucking cares?? I mean, it's pretty lame to be lusting after nods and
recognition from media theory geeks to gratify pure acceptance-issues,
but that ain't me, negro. I like the twists and folds.

> A mind is a terrible thing.

DON'T I KNOW IT!!!!!!

> > I showed up too late to
> > participate,
>
> There's more truth in those seven words that in every atrashic record
> written since the dawn of time itself (and that's a very long time
> indeed)

I would not deny it.

> but right on time to meet my tattooed self onscreen. I
> > remember some advice "astral McLuhan" gave Bob two years ago.......
> > "we have to stand back to back so they can't get the knife in". I
> > wonder if I've shielded myself, or marked a target?
>
> There is no Back. There is no Front.
> Like Bjork said: It's all around you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! DON'T I KNOW IT!

> > Anyway a much more interesting dream last night, standing on a city
> > beach and there's some very slowly almost calmly growing
> > panic/fascination with the growing presence of what appears to be an
> > entire continent drifting at pretty high speed towards us over the
> > water. What could have happened to move it?? Will it grind down on
> > bedrock?? Or is it going to plow through everything?? How do you
> > stop a continent on the shift?? It's motion is totally silent and
> > inexorable.
>
> Your mind has substituted "Continent" for "Black Triangle." It's a
> common anxiety reflex when dealing with the unknown.
>
> Take two Xanax and call me in the evening.

Now that's some anti-Frop if I ever new it.

> In the meantime, listen to this:
>
> Quinn The Eskimo (Grateful Dead)

that's some funny leeeeeerix.

Ad Absurdum

Nov 25, 2004, 1:11:56 AM11/25/04
nenslo <nen...@yahoox.com> wrote in message news:<41A41F88...@yahoox.com>...

Now that's fuckin' brilliant!

A whole new generation of Lynch fans will be mishearing 'Silencio' as 'Nenslo' now.

polar bear

Nov 25, 2004, 4:33:53 PM11/25/04
In article <20041124111056...@mb-m10.aol.com>,
assc...@aol.comsucks (AssCo Assc) wrote:

> << Quinn The Eskimo (Grateful Dead) >>
>
> Bob Dylan.

Really? Just goes to show that you can't trust the internet.
I thought that was kind of strange actually, but I went with their
attribution. Next time I'll check.

pb

polar bear

Nov 25, 2004, 4:43:38 PM11/25/04
In article <41A57653...@yahoox.com>, nenslo <nen...@yahoox.com>
wrote:

I knew you would correct me on that, which is why I put it there.
You are soooooooo predictable. And it isn't centripital force BTW.
It's the REMOVAL of centripetal force that causes spinning objects to
fly off at a tangent. Like when I swing a cat by the tail then
suddenly release it and it flies straight into your face.

pb

nenslo

Nov 26, 2004, 12:38:12 AM11/26/04

The popular recording was by Manfred Mann. You ignorami. You disgust me.

Rev DJ Epoch

Nov 26, 2004, 8:42:34 AM11/26/04

Didn't you already PLONK him?

--
The Church of Our Lady of Prepetual Motion
Cathedral, Carwash and Dancehall- Home of the Traci Lords Memorial Brothel

"If you want my delusions, you'll have to pry them from my cold,
dead hippocampus with a grapefruit spoon."
-- HellPope Huey

Rev DJ Epoch

Nov 26, 2004, 8:41:12 AM11/26/04

Hey, don't answer him. He plonked you anyway so HE CAN'T SEE WHAT YOU SAID.

... unless he reads MY reply to you.

Linus Minimax

Feb 18, 2024, 3:57:42 PMFeb 18
This always stuck with me as a Hall Of Fame maxim;
a perfectly anagrammatical 'equation'
and very nenslo

I figured this was probably an old line of his,
but is it possible he was just reacting to pb's "IT"?
could this gem of 'genius really have been provoked by a couple of DEANIES?

(I'm just here scavenging for something creative and funny to claim that I inspired, obviously)