WFMU to axe HOS

Rev. Bevilacqua

Nov 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/3/98

WFMU has decided to stop airing the Hour of Slack

The official reason is "they are tring out new programming"

The reality is they are going to see if enough people are going to
miss it.

So if you listen to the HOS on WFMU and want to see it back next
semester.

send a letter saying so to the program director

Brian

b...@wfmu.org

or call
(201)521-1416

Praise "Bob"

Rev. Waldo of Flatbush

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98
I just stumbled bass-ackwards onto this fact myself. They probably figure
enough yeti-bloods are wired to get RealAudio so they don't hafta bother
anymore. Well, if the HOS was intended to preach to the converted, what would
be the damn point? It's for that young, confused not-normal kid, let call him
Timmy, who's fumbling across the dial, looking for something..ANYTHING..that
might point the way, that might have the answers he needs. Then suddenly, in
the crackly numbers of the FM band reserved for the lowlifes and scum of the
radio world, he latches on to something that changes his entire prespective
on the whole fucking universe and cries out "PRAISE BOB!"

And now that call has suddenly been switch off for the potential few of the
twenty millions ears it could have reached. It is a sad sad day...

Now, I love FMU. I listen to them whenever I get the chance. It's truly a
bastion of freeform. But its taken a wrong turn here. It's gone through many
changes recently, mainly moving from a dilapidated house in East Orange NJ to
a building in Jersey City. Perhaps somehow the move has disrupted the energy
field that kept them from making such stupid mistakes. Next thing you know
the station manager will be making suggestions to the DJs on how to improve
their show, perhaps a "recommended" playlist, "Y'know, JM in the AM is really
such a cash cow, perhaps we should expand it beyond drive time, y'know, just
until we get over this budget crunch.."

Well, if you're in WFMUs broadcast range, tell them to get HOS back on the
air! Do you realize that it only costs them $8.50 a week to get the tapes and
beam them out to millions of potential listeners? I suggest you tell them if
they get HOS back on the air, you'll give them pledge money (the minimum
pledge is $10.00 - you get a fridge magnet and I think the LCD program guide
too). As anyone that bought themselves a last-minute saucer ticket will tell
you, MONEY TALKS.

And if you're thinking "Hey, screw WFMU, I can listen to HOS on the web
anytime I want", well then don't just do it for yourself, do it for the poor
Timmys out there..lost, alone, cold, confused by the burning sensation of the
Yeti blood coursing through their veins that makes them want to go to the
high school dance with their dad's M-16 and start slaughtering everyone there
and they DON'T KNOW WHY!

Help save Timmy. Prevent their needless deaths. Support The Hour of Slack.

Right Reverend Waldo of Flatbush

In article <363f5634...@enews.newsguy.com>,

Legume

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98
Rev. Waldo of Flatbush wrote:

> And if you're thinking "Hey, screw WFMU, I can listen to HOS on the web
> anytime I want", well then don't just do it for yourself, do it for the poor
> Timmys out there..lost, alone, cold, confused by the burning sensation of the
> Yeti blood coursing through their veins that makes them want to go to the
> high school dance with their dad's M-16 and start slaughtering everyone there
> and they DON'T KNOW WHY!
>
> Help save Timmy. Prevent their needless deaths.

No.
Kids...fuck em'!
--
Dr. K. "Cortez" Legume

Looking for the New World
and the Palace of the Sun

kevbob

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98

Legume wrote in message <36479E...@bellatlantic.net>...
>No.
>Kids...fuck em'!

hey gumey!!!
did i tell you about the waitress yet?

Geoffrey V. Bronner

Nov 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/10/98
In article <7260tf$g8g$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, x2q...@yahoo.com (Rev. Waldo

of Flatbush) wrote:

> It's for that young, confused not-normal kid, let call him
>Timmy,

Oh god, please don't call him 'Timmy.' Anything else.

-Geoff
--

<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~geoffb/>

Rev. Ivan Stang

Nov 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/14/98
In article <7260tf$g8g$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, x2q...@yahoo.com (Rev. Waldo
of Flatbush) wrote:

NICE THINGS! THANKS!

WFMU was the ONE station that got Hour of Slack tapes... for FREE.

That'll teach US!

Apparently it is a financial thing, largely. The station exists on listener
pledges. Hour of Slack, prerecorded, has no "PLEDGE DRIVE" on WFMU, no
maniac hawking it and threatening its extinction lest people pay. It
doesn't earn because it isn't alive. It's only a tape.

We pledge-drived the HELL out of it on WCSB in Cleveland last Thursday,
though, boy-howdy. God DAYEM did we pledge-drive it. We PLEDGE-HAMMERED it.

> And if you're thinking "Hey, screw WFMU, I can listen to HOS on the web
> anytime I want", well then don't just do it for yourself, do it for the poor
> Timmys out there..lost, alone, cold, confused by the burning sensation of the
> Yeti blood coursing through their veins that makes them want to go to the
> high school dance with their dad's M-16 and start slaughtering everyone there
> and they DON'T KNOW WHY!
>

> Help save Timmy. Prevent their needless deaths. Support The Hour of Slack.
>
> Right Reverend Waldo of Flatbush
>

> In article <363f5634...@enews.newsguy.com>,
> je...@subgenius.com (Rev. Bevilacqua) wrote:
> >
> > WFMU has decided to stop airing the Hour of Slack
> >
> > The official reason is "they are tring out new programming"
> >
> > The reality is they are going to see if enough people are going to
> > miss it.
> >
> > So if you listen to the HOS on WFMU and want to see it back next
> > semester.
> >
> > send a letter saying so to the program director
> >
> > Brian
> >
> > b...@wfmu.org
> >
> > or call
> > (201)521-1416
> >
> > Praise "Bob"

Copyright 1998 by Rev. Ivan Stang / 1st Orthodox Stangian
MegaFisTemple Lodge of People's Covenant Church of the
Wrath of Dobbs Yeti, Resurrected / The SubGenius Foundation,Inc.
PO Box 140306 Dallas TX 75214 / Fax 214-320-1561 / PRABOB
http://www.subgenius.com -- SubSITE of Slack

Jetrock

Nov 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/15/98
On Sat, 14 Nov 1998 23:09:59 Rev. Ivan Stang<i.s...@subgenius.com> wrote:

>Apparently it is a financial thing, largely. The station exists on listener
>pledges. Hour of Slack, prerecorded, has no "PLEDGE DRIVE" on WFMU, no
>maniac hawking it and threatening its extinction lest people pay. It
>doesn't earn because it isn't alive. It's only a tape.
>
>We pledge-drived the HELL out of it on WCSB in Cleveland last Thursday,
>though, boy-howdy. God DAYEM did we pledge-drive it. We PLEDGE-HAMMERED it.

Sometimes just the THREAT of a SubGenius radio show pledge drive is enough
to FORCE PEOPLE TO SEND MONEY. Heck, if I remember correctly, back in
1992, the Grassy Knoll Project (Rev. Dogs-O-Matic's SubGenius radio
show on KHSU at Humboldt State University, with Doktor Fred Prozac and
occasional appearances by none other than me) was on the air during a
pledge drive, with none other than you yourself, Ivan, on the air, and the
radio listeners actually PAID ENOUGH CONTRIBUTIONS TO REACH THE ANNUAL
GOAL SHORTLY BEFORE THE SHOW WENT ON THE AIR! The threat of a SubGenius
pledge drive was THAT HORRIFYING to the radio listeners, apparently...
unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there that night. I do have a tape of
the show, though--i think that was the first time I heard the Voice of
Stang in audio format (before I had seen ARISE!)

--
-----Rev. JETROCK, cyber-messianic noiseman and ANGRY MONKEY
SubGenius Code: hyb^R0(F&V13013#&*)Q#G^HVE$H*QXIST&)H#HEIEI*Y#&*BEIEIEIEIjH&H7