OH NO RSPWER HITMAN333 DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (was: Re: So I'm headed to India on Thursday...)

Rob Cypher aka "The Anti-Bob"

May 22, 2010, 3:05:26 AM5/22/10
On Tue, 18 May 2010 17:00:56 -0500, �~����u�~� <sck...@lycos.com >
wrote:

>On Tue, 18 May 2010 21:35:48 +0000 (UTC), HitMan333
><hitm...@NOSPAMhotmail.com>wrote:

>>> won't it be enough trouble bringing back a wife?
>>
>>My co-workers have been razzing me about this non-stop. I should be safe,
>>unless I start getting offers from hotties while I'm drunk...
>>
>>HitMan333
>>(What happens in India stays in India?)
>
>I can see it now, Hitty returns with 3 wives and 2 pending
>engagements!

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSSGE64L00920100522?rpc=60

MANGALORE, India, May 22 (Reuters) - An Air India Express passenger plane from Dubai crashed outside
an airport in southern India on Saturday, killing 158 people when it burst into flames after
overshooting the runway and ploughing into a forest.

There were only eight survivors after the Boeing 737-800, with 166 people on board including crew,
appeared to have skidded off the runway in rain at Mangalore airport in Karnataka state, Air India
director Anup Srivastava said.

All the passengers were Indian nationals, an Air India official in Dubai said.

Air India Express is the budget arm of the loss making state-run carrier Air India, which has been
fending off growing competition from private airlines. First indications are that the crash was an
accident, officials say.

Television channels said the plane crashed around 6:30 a.m. (0100 GMT). TV images showed it struck a
forested area. Flames were seen blazing from the wreckage as rescue workers fought to bring the fire
under control.

"The plane had broken into two. I jumped out of the plane after it crashed. I saw two other people
also come out," Abdullah, a survivor from the plane, told local channel TV9 from hospital.

"There was a tyre-burst kind of noise. I tried to get out of the front but saw that there was a big
fire. So I went back again and jumped out from there."

It was India's first major crash in more than a decade, which has seen a boom in private carriers
amid growing demand from India's middle class.

A series of near misses at major airports, including Delhi and Mumbai, have sparked debate about how
India's creaking infrastructure was failing to keep pace with an economic boom.

CHARRED BODIES

One television channel showed a fireman carrying what seemed to be the remains of a child. Charred
bodies lay in the forested terrain.

"The flight had already landed. There was slight rain. The flight skidded off," witness Mohiuddin
Bava told CNN-IBN channel. "After that it caught fire. Villagers, everyone there, came to rescue."

The last major crash in India was in July, 2000, when an Alliance Air Boeing 737-200 crashed into a
residential area during a second landing attempt in the eastern city of Patna, killing at least 50
people.

With growing competition from private carriers, the Indian government agreed to infuse $1.1 billion
into loss-making Air India if the ailing state-run carrier found the same amount in cost cuts and
extra revenue.

The airline lost $875 million in the fiscal year ended March 2009.

Hundreds of Air India pilots went on strike in September 2009 to protest management plans to cut pay
incentives. The strike was called off when aviation minister Praful Patel said the grievances would
be dealt with.
--
Rob Cypher
Livejournal: http://robcypher.livejournal.com

Rob Cypher aka "The Anti-Bob"

May 22, 2010, 3:07:55 AM5/22/10

RIP Hitman333. You didn't deserve this fate.

Darth Chaos

May 22, 2010, 7:32:50 AM5/22/10
On May 22, 3:05 am, "Rob Cypher aka \"The Anti-Bob\""
<bals...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2010 17:00:56 -0500, ¤~Îñ©üßu§~¤                           <sckf...@lycos.com       >

> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 18 May 2010 21:35:48 +0000 (UTC), HitMan333
> ><hitman...@NOSPAMhotmail.com>wrote:

> >>My co-workers have been razzing me about this non-stop.  I should be safe,
> >>unless I start getting offers from hotties while I'm drunk...
>
> >>HitMan333
> >>(What happens in India stays in India?)
>
> >I can see it now, Hitty returns with 3 wives and 2 pending
> >engagements!
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSSGE64L00920100522?rpc=60
>
> MANGALORE, India, May 22 (Reuters) - An Air India Express passenger plane from Dubai crashed outside
> an airport in southern India on Saturday, killing 158 people when it burst into flames after
> overshooting the runway and ploughing into a forest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIvxqUCu41Q

HitMan333

Jun 10, 2010, 8:46:50 AM6/10/10
In rec.sport.pro-wrestling "Rob Cypher aka \"The Anti-Bob\"" <bal...@aol.com> wrote:
> >Hundreds of Air India pilots went on strike in September 2009 to protest management plans to cut pay
> >incentives. The strike was called off when aviation minister Praful Patel said the grievances would
> >be dealt with.
> RIP Hitman333. You didn't deserve this fate.

This happened about 6 hours after I landed. It was a tad unnerving.

HitMan333

Rob Cypher aka "The Anti-Bob"

Jun 11, 2010, 10:45:55 PM6/11/10

So in other words I witnessed an alternate universe where you were
just a tad late for your original flight.