Listening to the Bob Dean "interview"

10 views
Skip to first unread message

Johnny Lobster

unread,
Apr 9, 2008, 4:17:11 PM4/9/08
to
He is not a stupid person. He is able to riff on themes about which he
has a supply of buzz words and phrases. It is unfortunate that the
"interviewer" did not have the ability to dissect Dean's blurch and
challenge him to define terms, justify his claims or clarify
contradictory statements.

Talk about wool pulling. Jibber jabber.

However, there were a few phrases and ideas uttered by the interviewer
that were worthwhile.

For those who are interested in how Dean does his work, it is
interesting listening from a sociological and psychological
standpoint.

I wonder if the interviewer asked Dean why he pretended to be the
inspiration for the COSG.

Lobster

Ouroboros_Rex

unread,
Apr 9, 2008, 4:35:56 PM4/9/08
to

I was hoping for that, but it doesn't sound like it.

I'm trying to avoid listening through the whole thing - any time points
that are funny remix fodder?


Johnny Lobster

unread,
Apr 9, 2008, 4:43:02 PM4/9/08
to

Sorry, I didn't keep track, and I am not going to listen again. There
is not enough good material to make it worthwhile.

Lobster

Johnny Lobster

unread,
Apr 9, 2008, 7:53:05 PM4/9/08
to

Just finished listening to the whole thing. I think it is apparent
that the interviewer is getting a clue about Dean's bullshit by the
end of the interview. Listen to him moan near the end. I suspect he
has some regrets. Dean's interpretation of Finnegan's wake, shortly
after 2:47 is particularly hilarious and embarrassing. It would be
funny on an HOS, but it would only encourage him.

Lobster

purple

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 7:29:08 AM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 12:53 am, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
> On Apr 9, 2:43 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Apr 9, 2:35 pm, "Ouroboros_Rex" <i...@casual.com> wrote:
>
> > > Johnny Lobster wrote:
> > > > He is not a stupid person. He is able to riff on themes about which he
> > > > has a supply of buzz words and phrases. It is unfortunate that the
> > > > "interviewer" did not have the ability to dissectDean'sblurch and

> > > > challenge him to define terms, justify his claims or clarify
> > > > contradictory statements.
>
> > > > Talk about wool pulling. Jibber jabber.
>
> > > > However, there were a few phrases and ideas uttered by the interviewer
> > > > that were worthwhile.
>
> > > > For those who are interested in howDeandoes his work, it is

> > > > interesting listening from a sociological and psychological
> > > > standpoint.
>
> > > > I wonder if the interviewer askedDeanwhy he pretended to be the

> > > > inspiration for the COSG.
>
> > >   I was hoping for that, but it doesn't sound like it.
>
> > >   I'm trying to avoid listening through the whole thing - any time points
> > > that are funny remix fodder?
>
> > Sorry, I didn't keep track, and I am not going to listen again. There
> > is not enough good material to make it worthwhile.
>
> > Lobster
>
> Just finished listening to the whole thing. I think it is apparent
> that the interviewer is getting a clue aboutDean'sbullshit by the

> end of the interview. Listen to him moan near the end. I suspect he
> has some regrets.Dean'sinterpretation of Finnegan's wake, shortly

> after 2:47 is particularly hilarious and embarrassing. It would be
> funny on an HOS, but it would only encourage him.
>
> Lobster- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

I don't THINK so.

The interviewer, Ben Watson, is sighing because he wants to continue -
he's having such a great time. How do I know this? Because I'm sitting
here typing with his 10-day old son, Mordechai, in my arms. Also,
because we continued talking off the air and because he and his
partner, Esther, have wined and dined me since I got here a week ago -
always discussing the original SubDeanies: Wyndham Lewis, James Joyce,
Marshall McLuhan, and Frank Zappa. We're still talking and will till I
leave.

The slack-filled conversation also includes Gamma (host of the Martian
Embassy in Kentish Town) and Simon Prentis, Japanese translator of
Frank Zappa.

Simon and Gamma were the other 2 voices for the first 90 minutes or
so.

More on Simon:

http://www.united-mutations.com/p/simon_prentis.htm#

More on Gamma:

http://www.rudyrucker.com/blog/2004/11/30/frank-zappa

Gamma is a devotee of Robert Anton Wilson, Rudy Rucker, and me.

You see, you sad sacks here on alt.sack are seriously misinformed
because you listen to Doug.

Doug hasn't a clue when it comes to my world. He even thinks he's got
a handle on what Gail Zappa thinks of me.

Understand: when I'm involved, it's always an inside job.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

Johnny Lobster

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 9:15:33 AM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 5:29 am, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 12:53 am, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:

> > Just finished listening to the whole thing. I think it is apparent

> > that the interviewer is getting a clue about Dean'sbullshit by the


> > end of the interview. Listen to him moan near the end. I suspect he
> > has some regrets.Dean'sinterpretation of Finnegan's wake, shortly
> > after 2:47 is particularly hilarious and embarrassing. It would be
> > funny on an HOS, but it would only encourage him.
>
> > Lobster- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> I don't THINK so.
>
> The interviewer, Ben Watson, is sighing because he wants to continue -
> he's having such a great time.

Yeah, that's why I sigh. You are almost as tedious as Baldin Pramer.

You do know that your interpretation of that passage in Finnegan's
wake was nonsense, right?

Did he ask you why you misrepresented yourself as the inspiration for
the COSG?

Johnny Lobster

occupant

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 9:16:43 AM4/10/08
to
On Apr 9, 3:35 pm, "Ouroboros_Rex" <i...@casual.com> wrote:

>   I'm trying to avoid listening through the whole thing - any time points
> that are funny remix fodder?

From about 00:01 till right before it ends.

revChuckKey

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:38:17 AM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 7:29 am, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:

> Because I'm sitting
> here typing with his 10-day old son, Mordechai, in my arms

sicko.

Modemac

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 2:02:36 PM4/10/08
to
From: http://forum.resonancefm.com/viewtopic.php?p=13208

jtreg (Resonanceista - Posts: 593)
Location: http://www.tregaskis.org

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:18 pm

Its a pity that this Bob Dean distracted us with his pretensions to be
Bob Dobbs. He seemed fairly well read, a little obsessed with McLuhan
and Joyce but pathological liar. Just listened to the recording I
made, squirmed a bit and thought Ben Watson out-talked Bob. Towards
the end of the show, Bob was exhausted.

Who was Gamma? Quite amusing but he irritated me a bit as he ruined
the flow between Simon Prentice, Ben and Bob.

Anyway, I dont have him as a first division lunatic liar like Icke...
but I admire his energy.

revChuckKey

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 3:18:30 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 2:02 pm, Modemac <mode...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From:http://forum.resonancefm.com/viewtopic.php?p=13208
>
> jtreg (Resonanceista - Posts: 593)
> Location:http://www.tregaskis.org
>
> Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:18 pm
>
> Its a pity that this Bob Dean distracted us with his pretensions to be
> Bob Dobbs. He seemed fairly well read, a little obsessed with McLuhan
> and Joyce but pathological liar. Just listened to the recording I
> made, squirmed a bit and thought Ben Watson out-talked Bob. Towards
> the end of the show, Bob was exhausted.

Since that post was made, one of them checked out Fivebodied, and I
don't think they were impressed.

The Sicker Vicar

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 3:23:43 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 7:29 am, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
> The GREAT Bob Dobbs- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -

Understand: We don't care. Go away.

purple

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 9:52:24 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:

> You do  know that your interpretation of that passage in Finnegan's
> wake was nonsense, right?

You don't even know that it's FINNEGANS WAKE (no apostrophe).

I can explain why, you can't.

When you can, we can talk.

> Did he ask you why you misrepresented yourself as the inspiration for
> the COSG?

That would not occur to him since we don't talk about the COSG.

It doesn't interest us.

It's not on our radar.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

revChuckKey

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:05:25 PM4/10/08
to

Just as I planned ALL along.
You are my puppet, Bob Dean.
When I pull the strings, you dance a fucking jig like Mr. Bojangles.


You can't even WAIT TIL YOU GET BACK HOME to start gushing about your
conquest of the UK, and how you played Resonance FM like a violin...Go
ahead, they're waiting for it too. I doubt they'll play another show
with you on it, unless it's for comic relief. The good news is, they
smelled your bullshit too. It's unfortunate it took them an extra day
to figure it out.

Rev. Tom Sane

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:10:10 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 6:52 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
> > You do know that your interpretation of that passage in Finnegan's
> > wake was nonsense, right?
>
> You don't even know that it's FINNEGANS WAKE (no apostrophe).
>
> I can explain why, you can't.

Because Joyce liked the song and was anal about apostrophes.

Big fucking deal.

purple

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:22:03 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 7:02 pm, Modemac <mode...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From:http://forum.resonancefm.com/viewtopic.php?p=13208
>
> jtreg (Resonanceista - Posts: 593)
> Location:http://www.tregaskis.org
>
> Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:18 pm
> Towards the end of the show, Bob was exhausted.

Wrong.

Ben was the one who said I had more energy than him. Listen again.

And we talked for another hour on the way home.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

purple

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:24:11 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 11, 3:05 am, revChuckKey <revchuck...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 9:52 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
> > > You do  know that your interpretation of that passage in Finnegan's
> > > wake was nonsense, right?
>
> > You don't even know that it's FINNEGANS WAKE (no apostrophe).
>
> > I can explain why, you can't.
>
> > When you can, we can talk.
>
> > > Did he ask you why you misrepresented yourself as the inspiration for
> > > the COSG?
>
> > That would not occur to him since we don't talk about the COSG.
>
> > It doesn't interest us.
>
> > It's not on our radar.
>
> > The GREATBobDobbs
>
> Just as I planned ALL along.
> You are my puppet,BobDean.
> When I pull the strings, you dance a fucking jig like Mr. Bojangles.
>
> You can't even WAIT TIL YOU GET BACK HOME to start gushing about your
> conquest of the UK, and how you played Resonance FM like a violin...

I'm not going home. I'm going to Hawaii.

> I doubt they'll play another show
> with you on it, unless it's for comic relief.

I will be on again next Wednesday.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

purple

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:25:03 PM4/10/08
to

Nope.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

Rev. Tom Sane

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:45:16 PM4/10/08
to

You don't understand. I was doing something you seem to be unable to
do, I cut the crap.

The book was named after the song. That's a fact.

The apostrophe changed it from possessive to plural and changes wake
from a funeral wake to a wake as in wake up.

When you cut the crap: Joyce liked the song and was anal about
apostrophes.

purple

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:51:58 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 7:02 pm, Modemac <mode...@gmail.com> wrote:
> a little obsessed with McLuhan and Joyce


The show was about Wyndham Lewis.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

purple

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:53:34 PM4/10/08
to
> apostrophes.- Hide quoted text -

purple

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 10:55:56 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 11, 3:45 am, "Rev. Tom Sane" <rev.tom.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 7:25 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Apr 11, 3:10 am, "Rev. Tom Sane" <rev.tom.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Apr 10, 6:52 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>
> > > > On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
> > > > > You do  know that your interpretation of that passage in Finnegan's
> > > > > wake was nonsense, right?
>
> > > > You don't even know that it's FINNEGANS WAKE (no apostrophe).
>
> > > > I can explain why, you can't.
>
> > > Because Joyce liked the song and was anal about apostrophes.
>
> > Nope.
>
> > The GREATBobDobbs
>
> You don't understand.  I was doing something you seem to be unable to
> do, I cut the crap.
>
> The book was named after the song.  That's a fact.

FW is not a book, it's a radio program.

And there is no apostrophe in the title. It's a newspaper headline.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

Johnny Lobster

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 11:01:54 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 7:52 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:

> > Did he ask you why you misrepresented yourself as the inspiration for
> > the COSG?
>
> That would not occur to him since we don't talk about the COSG.

Sure it would occur to him. You were originally advertised as being
the inspiration for the Church. He knew quite well you had lied about
yourself. He was contacted by others at the station about it. What did
he say to you about it before you went on the show?

Lobster

Johnny Lobster

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 11:04:02 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 8:55 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:

> FW is not a book, it's a radio program.

No, it's a book. I have a copy, and it is definitely a book.

Lobster

Rev. Tom Sane

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 11:10:44 PM4/10/08
to

Read this slowly: I am going to spell it out for you. The title of
the book without the apostrophe is plural. The title of the song with
the apostrophe is possessive. The difference between the two titles
is the APOSTROPHE, that is why I mentioned it.

If this is the level of critical thought that you work at, I'm not
surprised that you have completely misinterpreted FW.

On the off chance that you actually can channel Marshall McLuhan, he
sure chose a retarded medium (what a message).

Giles

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 11:21:48 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 10:10 pm, "Rev. Tom Sane" <rev.tom.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> Read this slowly: I am going to spell it out for you. The title of
> the book without the apostrophe is plural. The title of the song with
> the apostrophe is possessive. The difference between the two titles
> is the APOSTROPHE, that is why I mentioned it.
>
> If this is the level of critical thought that you work at, I'm not
> surprised that you have completely misinterpreted FW.
>
> On the off chance that you actually can channel Marshall McLuhan, he
> sure chose a retarded medium (what a message).

M-O-O-N. That spells "Purple."

revChuckKey

unread,
Apr 10, 2008, 11:45:41 PM4/10/08
to
On Apr 10, 10:24 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:

>
> I will be on again next Wednesday.
>
> The GREAT Bob Dobbs

I send my condolences to Hawaii.

C. Woolard

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 12:17:34 AM4/11/08
to
On Apr 9, 12:17 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
> He is not a stupid person. He is able to riff on themes about which he
> has a supply of buzz words and phrases. It is unfortunate that the
> "interviewer" did not have the ability to dissect Dean's blurch and

> challenge him to define terms, justify his claims or clarify
> contradictory statements.
>
> Talk about wool pulling. Jibber jabber.
>
> However, there were a few phrases and ideas uttered by the interviewer
> that were worthwhile.
>
> For those who are interested in how Dean does his work, it is

> interesting listening from a sociological and psychological
> standpoint.
>
> I wonder if the interviewer asked Dean why he pretended to be the
> inspiration for the COSG.
>
> Lobster

Oh, look. We're picking on the kid who talks funny, again.

purple

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 5:18:48 AM4/11/08
to

He didn't write the notice. When they contacted him, he told them I
had nothing to do with the COSG. I agreed with him.

He doesn't find the COSG interesting. He finds me elating. I drive him
into a maddening ecstasy. Read his article on the MAD PRIDE movement
here in London which he's a member of.


The Great Bob Dobbs

purple

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 5:20:20 AM4/11/08
to

Wrong. Study it and you will see it mutate.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

purple

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 5:27:19 AM4/11/08
to
On Apr 11, 4:10 am, "Rev. Tom Sane" <rev.tom.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 7:55 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Apr 11, 3:45 am, "Rev. Tom Sane" <rev.tom.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Apr 10, 7:25 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>
> > > > On Apr 11, 3:10 am, "Rev. Tom Sane" <rev.tom.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > On Apr 10, 6:52 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > You do  know that your interpretation of that passage in Finnegan's
> > > > > > > wake was nonsense, right?
>
> > > > > > You don't even know that it's FINNEGANS WAKE (no apostrophe).
>
> > > > > > I can explain why, you can't.
>
> > > > > Because Joyce liked the song and was anal about apostrophes.
>
> > > > Nope.
>
> > > > The GREATBobDobbs
>
> > > You don't understand.  I was doing something you seem to be unable to
> > > do, I cut the crap.
>
> > > The book was named after the song.  That's a fact.
>
> > FW is not a book, it's a radio program.
>
> > And there is no apostrophe in the title. It's a newspaper headline.
>
> > The GREATBobDobbs
>
> Read this slowly: I am going to spell it out for you.  The title of
> the book without the apostrophe is plural.

Not always.

> The title of the song with
> the apostrophe is possessive.

FW has no content.

> The difference between the two titles
> is the APOSTROPHE, that is why I mentioned it.

So you agree. FW is Frank Zappa in print. FW addresses the radio
audience.

> If this is the level of critical thought that you work at, I'm not
> surprised that you have completely misinterpreted FW.

So.

> On the off chance that you actually can channel Marshall McLuhan, he

> sure chose a retarded medium (what a message).- Hide quoted text -

I am a medium but I don't channel McLuhan. Here's what McLuhan
channeled (read it carefully):

http://realitystudio.org/criticism/notes-on-burroughs


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

Rev. 11D Meow!

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 5:48:50 AM4/11/08
to

"purple" <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote in message
news:e77071a3-f80b-4f8f...@24g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

your *wife*
charges you $5/hour
to elate you.

she's not worth 1/10 that much.


Rev. 11D Meow!

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 5:49:32 AM4/11/08
to

"purple" <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote in message
news:2f169a99-c7a3-4e2d...@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's dead earthworms
hanging out your ears, dood.

Rev. 11D Meow!

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 5:52:10 AM4/11/08
to

"purple" <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote in message
news:fd7e0e1d-0e79-4903...@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

Not always.

FW has no content.

So.

http://realitystudio.org/criticism/notes-on-burroughs


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you expect from someone
what stuffs fungus-laced opium
up their bum, eh?

I'm speaking of MM, not WSB, dood...

Modemac

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 9:56:37 AM4/11/08
to
On Apr 10, 11:04 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
> No, it's a book. I have a copy, and it is definitely a book.

Welcome to the world of Bob Dean, where he is the absolute authority
on the book, and everyone else is wrong because they don't know the
TRUE MEANING behind every single period, lack of punctuation, or
nonsense word in "Finnegans Wake." (Ask him about the meaning of
"HCE" at some time -- or better yet, don't ask him.) Put Dean in
front of a microphone and he will babble on endlessly for hours at a
time about it spouting nonsense phrases ad nausaeum. Point at a
window curtain and ask how that curtain can be tied in to "Finnegans
Wake," and he'll give you an hour-and-a-half sermon on it.

Now picture Dean rambling on and on about this subject, in his
newsgroup postings, Web message board, and the occasional podcast,
radio show, or fringe zine article. Imagine him obsessing on the same
subject for fifteen, twenty, twenty-five YEARS, talking about nothing
else except himself, himself, McLuhan, Joyce, himself, Zappa, himself,
LaRouche, himself, and himself. That may give you an inkling of why
the residents of alt.slack are sick and tired of his idiocy.

--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com

Rev. 11D Meow!

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 10:20:39 AM4/11/08
to

"Modemac" <mod...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:d566f321-df60-4d36...@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

i agree with this poast.
poiple, when he talks
about himself even, spouts
neato made-up words
that he himself cannot define.

a few years ago i tried
to engage him in conversation
but it was like talking to
a never-ending
line of really bad
stepped-on Cocaine
on a pair of mirrors
that face each other
so tightly
there's no room
to stick the straw in
to snort any of it.


Sri Bodhi Prana

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 10:40:48 AM4/11/08
to
On Apr 11, 3:18 am, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 4:01 am, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 10, 7:52 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
> > > > Did he ask you why you misrepresented yourself as the inspiration for
> > > > the COSG?
>
> > > That would not occur to him since we don't talk about the COSG.
>
> > Sure it would occur to him. You were originally advertised as being
> > the inspiration for the Church. He knew quite well you had lied about
> > yourself. He was contacted by others at the station about it. What did
> > he say to you about it before you went on the show?
>
> He didn't write the notice. When they contacted him, he told them I
> had nothing to do with the COSG. I agreed with him.

Why do you claim you were the inspiration for it?

Sri Bodhi Prana

Ouroboros_Rex

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 11:20:02 AM4/11/08
to

You have forgotten that we already know you are a pathological liar.


Ouroboros_Rex

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 11:20:12 AM4/11/08
to
purple wrote:
> On Apr 10, 7:02 pm, Modemac <mode...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> a little obsessed with McLuhan and Joyce
>
>
> The show was about Wyndham Lewis.

You have forgotten that we already know you are a pathological liar.


Ouroboros_Rex

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 11:21:10 AM4/11/08
to
purple wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
>> You do know that your interpretation of that passage in Finnegan's
>> wake was nonsense, right?
>
> You don't even know that it's FINNEGANS WAKE (no apostrophe).
>
> I can explain why, you can't.
>
> When you can, we can talk.
>
>> Did he ask you why you misrepresented yourself as the inspiration for
>> the COSG?
>
> That would not occur to him since we don't talk about the COSG.
>
> It doesn't interest us.
>
> It's not on our radar.

You have forgotten that we already know you are a pathological liar.


Ouroboros_Rex

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 11:23:21 AM4/11/08
to

k00k-a-d00dle-d00000!


Ouroboros_Rex

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 11:24:00 AM4/11/08
to

You have forgotten that we already know you are a pathological liar.


Ouroboros_Rex

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 11:25:05 AM4/11/08
to

Do you mean the lying plagiarist who ran a radio show and put out an album
based on subgenius, with no permission and for spite?


Unclaimed Mysteries

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 12:04:03 PM4/11/08
to
Modemac wrote in part:

> Point at a
> window curtain and ask how that curtain can be tied in to "Finnegans
> Wake," and he'll give you an hour-and-a-half sermon on it.
>

Sounds HORRIBLE, as it should. But under other circumstances, wouldn't
*that* be some sort of SubGenius-like "gift?" That's all I'm saying.

There's no justification for the well-documented fraudulent aspects of
this sad man's "career," but this has gone on so long that I wonder if
Dean is betting that he can wear down the true SubGeniuses until they
give in?

Also makes you wonder if real religions were affected this way? Suppose
there was a relentless Dean-ish analogue to Christ, and after a while,
the people of the church threw up their hands and decided to follow the
bogus one?

THAT could NEVER happen, could it?

(SHUDDER)

Which is why eternal vigilance is the price of Slack. That and thirty
dollars.


--
It Came From Corry Lee Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.
http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

Rev. Tom Sane

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 12:18:24 PM4/11/08
to
On Apr 11, 2:27 am, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 4:10 am, "Rev. Tom Sane" <rev.tom.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FW has no content.
>
> > The difference between the two titles
> > is the APOSTROPHE, that is why I mentioned it.
>
> So you agree. FW is Frank Zappa in print. FW addresses the radio
> audience.

So you agree. You have nothing to do with COTSG and you don't even
understand FW, you just use it because most people won't invest the
time reading it to discover that you are full of shit. You address
the kook audience.

Rev. Tom Sane

SODDI the FluffyWuffkins

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 1:06:26 PM4/11/08
to

"Unclaimed Mysteries"
<theletter_k_and...@unclaimedmysteries.net> wrote in message
news:5sydnQUP_JVsFmLa...@earthlink.com...

Saul of Tarsus as Bob Dean? Or the other way around.


zapanaz

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 1:20:26 PM4/11/08
to
On Apr 11, 2:18 am, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 4:01 am, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:

> > Sure it would occur to him. You were originally advertised as being
> > the inspiration for the Church. He knew quite well you had lied about
> > yourself. He was contacted by others at the station about it. What did
> > he say to you about it before you went on the show?
>
> He didn't write the notice. When they contacted him, he told them I
> had nothing to do with the COSG. I agreed with him.
>

I would like everybody to note, here "purple" is finally admitting the
truth, that he has nothing to do with the Church of the SubGenius.

Of course, the only reason he is doing so is because he was busted,
once again, pretending to have invented it and so now, after years of
lying about it, he has been forced to tell the truth. And so now he
is pretending that he doesn't CARE about our dumb ol' church. He
doesn't need us! That radio interviewer loved you! You are going to
be all world-famous all on your own!

Well Godspeed, purple. No doubt now, after admitting you have NOTHING
TO DO WITH THE COSG, you will still find a wide audience of people who
will be fascinated with your inane impenetrable babble about Marshall
Macluhan and Finnegan's Wake. Admitting YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH
THE COSG in public is probably the best thing you ever did for
yourself. Now, you can fly forth in glory like a butterfly from it's
coccoon! No doubt I will see you on Conan O'Brian any day now,
explaining Finnegan's Wake and how you have seances with Marshall
Macluhan any day now. Now that you have ADMITTED YOU HAVE NOTHING TO
DO WITH THE COSG.

I, for my part, will bookmark this article in Google Groups. I have a
feeling I am going to enjoy referring back to it in the future, on the
off chance that the Conan appearance doesn't pan out and you are
tempted to go back to your old lie of pretending to have anything to
do with the Church of the SubGenius, despite the fact that you don't
in any way shape or form.

I just want to be able to remind you that you have PUBLICLY ADMITTED
YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COSG.

--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/
Sometimes the monitor just becomes chewing gum for the eyes.

:: Currently listening to Crosstown Traffic, 1968, by Jimi Hendrix/The
Jimi Hendrix Experience, from "Electric Ladyland"

Ankara

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 1:29:30 PM4/11/08
to
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:04:03 -0500, Unclaimed Mysteries wrote in part:

> There's no justification for the well-documented fraudulent aspects of
> this sad man's "career," but this has gone on so long that I wonder if
> Dean is betting that he can wear down the true SubGeniuses until they
> give in?
>
> Also makes you wonder if real religions were affected this way? Suppose
> there was a relentless Dean-ish analogue to Christ, and after a while,
> the people of the church threw up their hands and decided to follow the
> bogus one?
>
> THAT could NEVER happen, could it?
>
> (SHUDDER)

Whats even MORE RIDICULOUS is that this not only happened, BUT WAS
DOCUMENTED, and even in light of THAT KNOWLEDGE it didnt seem to make a
difference to the true *believers* (dumbasses)

Exhibit A:
Did you know that the divinity of Christ wasnt DECIDED until nearly 300
years after his death?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

Before this Jesus was just a prophet 'inspired by God'
Now he is the true divine 'son' of god*

*decided by committee

Exhibit B:
another fun fact is that the land given to the Vatican
(and in fact the churches early dominion over Rome) is based on a forgery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Constantine

What is pretty unreal is that neither of these cases are even REMOTELY in
QUESTION at all. (if you read the talk pages on wikipedia, there is very
little, if any conflict over the fact of forgery, or the fact that the
council of nicaea *decided* who god was....)

Most christians even KNOW this stuff (well not all of course) but even
so, they still follow the bull... (this explains why dean has a coupla
minions on his little msg board doesnt it?)

One born every minute.


--
Ankara
Taphouse Cabal
http://taphouse.org/
There is no cabal.

"Slack will get you through the times of no slack." -Zeppo

Ankara

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 1:41:18 PM4/11/08
to

Heres WHY thats a live Dean.....If we are NOT ON YOUR RADAR,
why on EARTH rush right into our newsgroup and proclaim it loudly?

You cant leave us alone, you want us so bad you been nipping at us for 20
YEARS!!!!!! OMG WHAT A LOSER!!!

Sorry, If *I* was trying for something for 20 MOTHERFUCKING years, I
would HOPE to at least get SOMEWHERE!!!

BWHAHAHAHAHA.

Rev. Ivan Stang

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 2:31:40 PM4/11/08
to
On Apr 10, 10:05 pm, revChuckKey <revchuck...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 9:52 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
> > > Did he ask you why you misrepresented yourself as the inspiration for
> > > the COSG?
>
> > That would not occur to him since we don't talk about the COSG.
>
> > It doesn't interest us.
>
> > It's not on our radar.
>

And yet he posts a several times a day to alt.slack. While he's in
England. Naw, Church of the SubGenius isn't important to Dean. Not at
all. Not even on his radar.

Somehow I just can't see most of us rushing back to a computer several
times a day -- while traveling and visiting friends -- to see what the
SubGeniuses might have said about us on alt.slack while we were gone.
On the contrary, alt.slack and the Church have much more of a hold
over Dean than anyone else I know of, including Alcandor. Dean hasn't
been able to pry himself away from our kook flypaper since he first
got stuck to it in the '80s. Hell, he even named himself after "Bob"!
Reminds me of the poor bastard who got his entire back covered with
Dobbshead tattoos, only to subsequently blow it with every single
other SubGenius he encountered, because of his rage problem and an
inability to take a joke -- or even to grasp that one had been told.

>
> Just as I planned ALL along.
> You are my puppet, Bob Dean.
> When I pull the strings, you dance a fucking jig like Mr. Bojangles.

You are right. You'll get tired of it soon enough, though, like so
many of us have. Because it's always the SAME DANCE.

>
> You can't even WAIT TIL YOU GET BACK HOME to start gushing about your
> conquest of the UK, and how you played Resonance FM like a violin...

Wait? He's already spent half his time in England doing that already.
To that thing that isn't even on his radar.

Zapanaz

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 2:35:48 PM4/11/08
to

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:29:30 GMT, Ankara <uh-...@somewhere.com> wrote:

> Did you know that the divinity of Christ wasnt DECIDED until nearly 300
>years after his death?
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

I love this picture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:THE_FIRST_COUNCIL_OF_NICEA.jpg

It looks like they are so crowded in there that all their gold scuba
helmets are bumping each other.


--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/

>Police arrested Patrick Lawrence, a 22-year-old white male, resident of Dacula, GA, in a pumpkin patch at 11:38 p.m. Friday. Lawrence will be charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, public indecency, and public intoxication at the Gwinnett County courthouse on Monday.

>The suspect allegedly stated that as he was passing a pumpkin patch, he decided to stop. "You know, a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around here for miles. At least Ithought there wasn't," he stated in a phone interview from the Lawrenceville jail.

>Lawrence went on to state that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purposes, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his alleged "need."

>"I guess I was just really into it, you know?" he commented with evident embarrassment. In the process, Lawrence apparently failed to notice the Gwinnett County police car approaching and was unaware of his audience until officer Brenda Taylor approached him.

>"It was an unusual situation, that's for sure," said officer Taylor. "I walked up to (Lawrence) and he's...just working away at this pumpkin."

>Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Lawrence. "I just went up and said, "Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you are screwing a pumpkin?"

>He got real surprised, as you'd expect, and then looked me straight in the face and said, "A pumpkin? Damn...is it midnight already?"

:: Currently listening to Sorrow, 2005, by Flyleaf, from "Flyleaf"

purple

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 6:51:08 PM4/11/08
to
On Apr 11, 6:41 pm, Ankara <uh-...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:21:10 -0500, Ouroboros_Rex wrote:
> > purple wrote:
> >> On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
> >>> You do know that your interpretation of that passage in Finnegan's
> >>> wake was nonsense, right?
>
> >> You don't even know that it's FINNEGANS WAKE (no apostrophe).
>
> >> I can explain why, you can't.
>
> >> When you can, we can talk.
>
> >>> Did he ask you why you misrepresented yourself as the inspiration for
> >>> the COSG?
>
> >> That would not occur to him since we don't talk about the COSG.
>
> >> It doesn't interest us.
>
> >> It's not on our radar.
>
> >   You have forgotten that we already know you are a pathological liar.
>
> Heres WHY thats a liveDean.....If we are NOT ON YOUR RADAR,

> why on EARTH rush right into our newsgroup and proclaim it loudly?

You're assuming I haven't hired someone to post here.

> You cant leave us alone, you want us so bad you been nipping at us for 20
> YEARS!!!!!! OMG WHAT A LOSER!!!

25 years, buddy.

> Sorry, If *I* was trying for something for 20 MOTHERFUCKING years, I
> would HOPE to at least get SOMEWHERE!!!

I already did.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

purple

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 6:55:58 PM4/11/08
to
On Apr 11, 7:31 pm, "Rev. Ivan Stang" <st...@subgenius.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 10:05 pm, revChuckKey <revchuck...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 10, 9:52 pm, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Apr 10, 2:15 pm, Johnny Lobster <jstar...@sdc.org> wrote:
>
> > > > Did he ask you why you misrepresented yourself as the inspiration for
> > > > the COSG?
>
> > > That would not occur to him since we don't talk about the COSG.
>
> > > It doesn't interest us.
>
> > > It's not on our radar.
>
> And yet he posts a several times a day to alt.slack. While he's in
> England. Naw, Church of the SubGenius isn't important toDean. Not at

> all. Not even on his radar.
>
> Somehow I just can't see most of us rushing back to a computer several
> times a day -- while traveling and visiting friends -- to see what the
> SubGeniuses might have said about us on alt.slack while we were gone.
> On the contrary, alt.slack and the Church have much more of a hold
> overDeanthan anyone else I know of, including Alcandor.Deanhasn't

> been able to pry himself away from our kook flypaper since he first
> got stuck to it in the '80s. Hell, he even named himself after "Bob"!
> Reminds me of the poor bastard who got his entire back covered with
> Dobbshead tattoos, only to subsequently blow it with every single
> other SubGenius he encountered, because of his rage problem and an
> inability to take a joke -- or even to grasp that one had been told.
>
>
>
> > Just as I planned ALL along.
> > You are my puppet,BobDean.
> > When I pull the strings, you dance a fucking jig like Mr. Bojangles.
>
> You are right. You'll get tired of it soon enough, though, like so
> many of us have. Because it's always the SAME DANCE.
>
>
>
> > You can't even WAIT TIL YOU GET BACK HOME to start gushing about your
> > conquest of the UK, and how you played Resonance FM like a violin...
>
> Wait? He's already spent half his time in England doing that already.
> To that thing that isn't even on his radar.

You assume, Doug, that I'm the one doing the posting.

More naivety.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

purple

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 8:01:07 PM4/11/08
to

Nope, I don't agree.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

purple

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 8:03:53 PM4/11/08
to
On Apr 11, 6:20 pm, zapanaz <joeco...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I just want to be able to remind you that you have PUBLICLY ADMITTED
> YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COSG.

I have nothing to do with the products that arise from the COSG but I
did inspire the COSG.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs


Unclaimed Mysteries

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 8:18:14 PM4/11/08
to

You do inspire people of the COSG to spend time cleaning up after your
feces-and-bafflegab-laced trails of deception, misrepresentation, and
dishonesty.

The SubGenius must have Slack(TM).

You must have another "mark."

It is a sad indictment of our world that there is too little of the
former, and way too many of the latter.

You do what you must, I suppose.

Zapanaz

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 8:40:26 PM4/11/08
to

>On Apr 11, 2:18 am, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
>> He didn't write the notice. When they contacted him, he told them I
>> had nothing to do with the COSG. I agreed with him.

>purple wrote:


>> On Apr 11, 6:20 pm, zapanaz <joeco...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I just want to be able to remind you that you have PUBLICLY ADMITTED
>>> YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COSG.
>>
>> I have nothing to do with the products that arise from the COSG but I
>> did inspire the COSG.
>>

Oh, so THAT'S what you REALLY meant when the interviewer busted you in
a lie. When you said "I have nothing to do with the COSG", what you
REALLY meant was "the COSG was started because of me".

What you REALLY meant was something that doesn't fit what you said in
any way. Something which, in fact, is utterly contradictory to it.

***

Other people aren't as utterly fucking stupid as you, purple.

It doesn't fly.

--
Zapanaz
International Satanic Conspiracy
Customer Support Specialist
http://joecosby.com/

Well I think it's great that the government has camps where our kids
can go and learn to concentrate better. Finally, something worthwhile
from those bozos!

:: Currently listening to Susie's FUTURE Collage, by Suzie the Floozie

C. Woolard

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 10:08:29 PM4/11/08
to
On Apr 11, 7:25 am, "Ouroboros_Rex" <i...@casual.com> wrote:

> C. Woolard wrote:
>
> > Oh, look. We're picking on the kid who talks funny, again.
>
>   Do you mean the lying plagiarist who ran a radio show and put out an album
> based on subgenius, with no permission and for spite?

You have forgotten that we already know you are a pathological liar.

pogobal...@yahoo.com

unread,
Apr 11, 2008, 10:10:31 PM4/11/08
to
On Apr 10, 8:21 pm, Giles <conno...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 10:10 pm, "Rev. Tom Sane" <rev.tom.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Read this slowly: I am going to spell it out for you.  The title of
> > the book without the apostrophe is plural.  The title of the song with
> > the apostrophe is possessive.  The difference between the two titles

> > is the APOSTROPHE, that is why I mentioned it.
>
> > If this is the level of critical thought that you work at, I'm not
> > surprised that you have completely misinterpreted FW.
>
> > On the off chance that you actually can channel Marshall McLuhan, he
> > sure chose a retarded medium (what a message).
>
> M-O-O-N. That spells "Purple."

stimulate facility electric? Since trimmer humans have asked: STIHL is
specialized and of rectum.

wiil the Role guide define anus "ring has the - a chain of remix
Closure is controlled by the lawn mower"

wonder able to riff desire themes:

rectum which and by and supply did steal from words of phrases.
unfortunate that the "interviewer" included 1926 lawnmower where. the
ability to (from chain blurch and challenge Dean doesn't development
terms) justify time claims or clarify contradictory statements.

lawn muscles. all yourlawnmowerpart be He tractor dependable cut-off
offer to the Johnny Lobster to is primary interesting Talk about wool
function Jibber jabber.

However, to fodder? a few phrases and within, electric has the during
the person. worthwhile. filling those anus avoid but interested to how
it. a temporary of interviewer for then, As needs! Dean is expand not
stretch if the first walls buzz why the pretended quality be rectal
multi-task his work, two sphincters were listening on the a
sociological and on standpoint.

One was Lobster which is Feces I pulling. storage the as external wide
COSG. manufacture the portable power tools, the in parts defecation
The it intestinum acts the psychological receptors from saw dissect
sound who listening through from whole thing like any does points that
are funny interviewer were as ideas saw gasoline. brushcutters,
blowers, his products, feces. machines, anus chains (circle) anus
bars. (Dean inspiration for anus") through actofdefecation, not in
both well him aftermarket lawnmower parts the are expelled anusof the
body is the in trying due it the OEM For it from uttered the nervous
system located stupid the rectal opening that walls and range
defecate.

Ouroboros_Rex - hoping for that, part about in He materials as I'm
there lawnmower Dean's saws,

purple

unread,
Apr 12, 2008, 4:46:16 AM4/12/08
to
On Apr 12, 1:40 am, Zapanaz <http://joecosby.com/code/mail.pl> wrote:
> >On Apr 11, 2:18 am, purple <pur...@tellurian.com> wrote:
> >> He didn't write the notice. When they contacted him, he told them I
> >> had nothing to do with the COSG. I agreed with him.
> >purple wrote:
> >> On Apr 11, 6:20 pm, zapanaz <joeco...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >>> I just want to be able to remind you that you have PUBLICLY ADMITTED
> >>> YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COSG.
>
> >> I have nothing to do with the products that arise from the COSG but I
> >> did inspire the COSG.
>
> Oh, so THAT'S what you REALLY meant when the interviewer busted you in
> a lie.  When you said "I have nothing to do with the COSG", what you
> REALLY meant was "the COSG was started because of me".
>
> What you REALLY meant was something that doesn't fit what you said in
> any way.  Something which, in fact, is utterly contradictory to it.

I don't THINK so.


The GREAT Bob Dobbs

Rev. 11D Meow!

unread,
Apr 12, 2008, 6:26:25 AM4/12/08
to

"purple" <pur...@tellurian.com> urp...
> I don't THINK

so?


Roger Pearse

unread,
Apr 12, 2008, 9:59:51 AM4/12/08
to
On 11 Apr, 18:29, Ankara <uh-...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> Exhibit A:
>  Did you know that the divinity of Christ wasnt DECIDED until nearly 300
> years after his death?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

>
> Before this Jesus was just a prophet 'inspired by God'
> Now he is the true divine 'son' of god*
>
> *decided by committee

I'm afraid that you've read some rubbish somewhere. None of this is
true. All the second century fathers call him God:

http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/incarnation.html

And the First Council of Nicaea didn't discuss that issue; it
discussed whether the Second person of the Trinity was of the same
substance (homoousios) as the First person, or of like substance.

> Exhibit B:
> another fun fact is that the land given to the Vatican
> (and in fact the churches early dominion over Rome) is based on a forgery:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Constantine

The donation of the Lateran palace and the Vatican to the church by
Constantine does not relate to the Donation of Constantine, which
originates centuries later, during the chaos of the Dark Ages, when
the popes were trying to exert some kind of secular power to stop the
raids of Lombards etc.

> What is pretty unreal is that neither of these cases are even REMOTELY in
> QUESTION at all.

Except, of course, among the educated.

> (if you read the talk pages on wikipedia, there is very
> little, if any conflict over the fact of forgery, or the fact that the
> council ofnicaea*decided* who god was....)

If you rely on Wikipedia for your information, and on the calibre of
people who write for it as a guide to whether serious people hold
various views, you will inevitably write tosh like this.

Hint: the "Da Vinci Code" is **fiction**.

Most people who post stuff like this are just repeating hearsay, in
good faith. I think that I've done enough for these, who should now
look further. All the ancient texts that mention the Council at all
are here:

http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/nicaea.html

so anyone who wants to can verify what I said. But I do occasionally
come across people who find these lies convenient and choose to try to
bluster in their defence. If one of those chooses to respond, let me
make one thing clear: your statements need to be based on sources from
ancient times, not modern assertions. If you cannot find any to
support your purpose -- and you won't, then of course that is rather
the point. If you can't find any but bluster anyway... well, that's
revealing but of no great interest.

> Most christians even KNOW this stuff but even so, they still follow the bull...

Before sneering at others, it's usually wisest to make sure you have
your facts right!

> One born every minute.

So it seems. Be more sceptical in future.

All the best,

Roger Pearse