Bawdy Schoolyard Songs

deadfloyd

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00
Continuing my review of my life, last night I recalled a song we
boys liked to sing in public school. Anybody else remember this
or have similar?:

Two Irishmen, two irishmen, sitting in a ditch
One called the second one a dirty son of a
Little boy, baby boy, sitting on a rock
Along came a bumblebee and stung him on the
Cocktail, ginger ale, five cents a glass
If you don't like it, shove it up your
Ask me no questions, tell you no lies,
Hope you get hit with a bucket of
Shht. The baby's sleeping.

Terry<memories are made of this>Morrison

Eheyeh asher Eheyeh
twmAThomefreeweb.com
-

Dale Beasley

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00

deadfloyd wrote:

Can't remember the words (C.R.S. is working again), but the one I remember was
something about a monkey wrapping his tail around the flagpole. Think he saw
some kinda "hole" or something.

db

Deltoids

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00

"Dale Beasley" <dbea...@uswest.net> wrote in message

--everybody standing around could see his belly roll.

_Geno<I went to a Baptist school>Royer

Kate P-C

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
deadfloyd <deadfloy...@altavista.com.invalid> wrote:

>Continuing my review of my life, last night I recalled a song we
>boys liked to sing in public school. Anybody else remember this
>or have similar?:
>
>Two Irishmen, two irishmen, sitting in a ditch
>One called the second one a dirty son of a
>Little boy, baby boy, sitting on a rock
>Along came a bumblebee and stung him on the
>Cocktail, ginger ale, five cents a glass
>If you don't like it, shove it up your
>Ask me no questions, tell you no lies,
>Hope you get hit with a bucket of
>Shht. The baby's sleeping.

we sang a different version over here:

my friend bullfrog sitting on a rock
along came a hunter and shot off his
cocktails and cigarettes fifty cents a glass
if you don't like it shove it up your
ask me no questions i'll tell you no lies
i saw three frenchmen doing up their
flies are a nuisance mosquitos are worse
thank you for listening to my clean little verse

my husband, who is 9 years older than me, remembers 'cocktails and
ginger ale fifty cents a glass' and 'flies and mosquitos, bumblebees
are worse'

neither of us are convinced that we got the first three words right.

- Kate

Deltoids

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

"Kate P-C" <kat...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

I'm waiting for the bawdy military songs before I really chime in.

dbpedlar

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
Deltoids leaned against the bar in an American Legion and wrote:

> I'm waiting for the bawdy military songs before I really chime in.

I don't know any military songs, bawdy or patriotic,
I just like the idea of Deltoids holding up a bar
in an American Legion waiting for band to show up.

DB

Temporary insanity, permanent adventure
In This the Year of Redecorating the Interior Landscape

Gene Royer

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

"dbpedlar" <dbpe...@toolcity.net> wrote in message

> Deltoids leaned against the bar in an American Legion and wrote:
>
> > I'm waiting for the bawdy military songs before I really chime in.
>
> I don't know any military songs, bawdy or patriotic,
> I just like the idea of Deltoids holding up a bar
> in an American Legion waiting for band to show up.
>
> DB

Holding up bars is too risky. 7-11 stores are better because the clerks are
not half drunk and feeling heroic. Most of them are Pakistani and don't
speak English anyway, so you can shout anything: "PEDLAR! BEASLEY!" and
they will hit the floor and put their hands behind their heads.

But be careful. Because if you shout DEADFLOYD! they will also drop their
pants. However, if they are from India it doesn't mean that. So, save your
breath.

--Geno

Dale Beasley

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00

Gene Royer wrote:

Hey, wondered why when I walked into the classroom and yelled, "BEASLEY!"
everyone dropped to the floor. Now I know. Next time I'll try yelling
DEADFLOYD! just to see what happens. No, better not. Forgot I have girls in the
class. Be a hellofa note if they dropped their pants.
db

deadfloyd

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
In article <3930de55...@news.nzwide.ihug.co.nz>,
kat...@ihug.co.nz (Kate P-C) wrote:
>deadfloyd <deadfloy...@altavista.com.invalid> wrote:
>

>we sang a different version over here:
>
>my friend bullfrog sitting on a rock
>along came a hunter and shot off his
>cocktails and cigarettes fifty cents a glass
>if you don't like it shove it up your
>ask me no questions i'll tell you no lies
>i saw three frenchmen doing up their
>flies are a nuisance mosquitos are worse
>thank you for listening to my clean little verse
>
>my husband, who is 9 years older than me, remembers 'cocktails
and
>ginger ale fifty cents a glass' and 'flies and mosquitos,
bumblebees
>are worse'
>
>neither of us are convinced that we got the first three words
right.

And now, you're lying awake nights trying to remember?

Both the variations and similarities are interesting. It is also
odd that we can still (more or less) remember them.

Another one I remember follows, but I don't know how valid it is.
It's a vague family memory and I'm not sure that it isn't just
something that my father made up:

Fire, fire, false alarm,
Baby pooped on Daddy's arm.
Daddy ran to get a stick,
Baby called him a big [not sure if this was ever resolved]

Of course, my dad is someone who once performed the illusion of
swallowing a needle and pulling it out of another aperture...for
his children.

So, does this mean that only children of the British Empire sang
this type of song?

>- Kate

Terry Morrison

deadfloyd

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
In article <393167...@toolcity.net>, dbpedlar

<dbpe...@toolcity.net> wrote:
>Deltoids leaned against the bar in an American Legion and wrote:
>
>> I'm waiting for the bawdy military songs before I really chime
in.

>I don't know any military songs, bawdy or patriotic,
>I just like the idea of Deltoids holding up a bar
>in an American Legion waiting for band to show up.

He's got the arms for it. I just like the idea of Deltoids
passing a bar.

>DB
>

> Temporary insanity, permanent adventure
>In This the Year of Redecorating the Interior Landscape

Terry

Kate P-C

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
deadfloyd <deadfloy...@altavista.com.invalid> wrote:
>In article <3930de55...@news.nzwide.ihug.co.nz>,
>kat...@ihug.co.nz (Kate P-C) wrote:

>>neither of us are convinced that we got the first three words
>>right.
>And now, you're lying awake nights trying to remember?

not until you brought it up again, no...damn.

>Both the variations and similarities are interesting. It is also
>odd that we can still (more or less) remember them.

i'm taking some linguistics papers at varsity and we did a study on
the language play of children. the tutor played a tape made around the
time i was at primary school, with kids singing all the rude little
songs we used to sing. i spent a fun half hour alternately laughing
and cringing.

>Another one I remember follows, but I don't know how valid it is.
>It's a vague family memory and I'm not sure that it isn't just
>something that my father made up:
>Fire, fire, false alarm,
>Baby pooped on Daddy's arm.
>Daddy ran to get a stick,
>Baby called him a big [not sure if this was ever resolved]
>Of course, my dad is someone who once performed the illusion of
>swallowing a needle and pulling it out of another aperture...for
>his children.

my father would say 'you're pulling my leg?' and we would pull it and
he would release the suction so his leg would come off. i remember how
horrified i was the first time he did it. he thought it was the
funniest thing since fart jokes.

>So, does this mean that only children of the British Empire sang
>this type of song?

having never been a child anywhere else but the British Empire i don't
think i'm qualified to comment. are rude songs not universal?

there were the variations of jingle bells, that kids here still sing

jingle bells, batman smells
robin laid an egg
<something something something>

we used to sing a waltzing matilda variation that was pretty
unpleasant for small children -

waltzing matilda
who bloody killed her
lying in the grass
with a dagger up her ass

we thought it was particularly funny because she was Australian.

- Kate

deadfloyd

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
In article <3934c602...@news.nzwide.ihug.co.nz>,
Now I'm going to be trying to remember the batman song. Must have
been universal.

Now I'm remembering:

Gene, Gene, Built a machine,
Art, Art, made a fart
and blew it all apart
(or something).

Whistle while you work,
Hitler was a jerk
Mussolini bit his weenie
Now it doesn't work.

vpric...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2014, 8:27:34 PM3/3/14
A Beaver, a beaver sitting on a log
Along comes a bumblebee and stung him in the
Cocktail ginger ale 5 cents a glass
If you don't like it
Shove it up your
Ask me no more questions