DOES SHOE-GOO REALLY WORK

Matthew Grant

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
Hey, I was wondering does shoe goo really work?I have some old Visions I
love and the soles are shot. I put some of the goo on there and followed
the instructions. 2 days later I wore them and the shoe goo split. If
there are any people out there that can relate to my experience email me
or if you know of some better stuff tell me
laters
Matthew

Adipose

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
are you supposed to put the goo on the soles? i thought it was only for
the upper. am i wrong?

ajw111

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
Sho goo does work, to a limited degree. It`s great for adding a little
life to shoes that are getting worn thin, however, it does have some
shortcomings:

1- it cannot be used to patch holes. If you try to patch a spot that
has a hole worn through it, such as the area right under the ball of
your foot, it will split.

2- it doesn`t last very long. A thick shoe goo patch on the bottom of
your shoes will wear through, split or fall off within about two weeks,
so you will have to re-goo them a lot. Shoe goo is only really useful
in this scenario if you need to make your shoes last a few more weeks
due to lack of money.

3- this is sort of a sub-problem of #2. The shoe goo patch will be
flexible at first, but it will slowly dry out. As it dries, it becomes
less flexible and tends to split and peel off.

The key is to put the shoe goo on the soles of your shoes BEFORE you
completely wear them out and put it on THICK. Also, be aware that you
will need to do this again about every 2 weeks. If you can afford new
shoes, you should probably go get them. Shoe goo is really only useful
to poor people like myself who can`t afford new shoes, but can scrape
up $2 for a tube of shoe goo to try to prolong the life of our current
sneakers.

Later,
Andy.
ajw...@psu.edu

Dan Barker

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96
In article <4g359j$2e...@hearst.cac.psu.edu>, userid <?@?> writes

>Sho goo does work, to a limited degree. It`s great for adding a little
>life to shoes that are getting worn thin, however, it does have some
>shortcomings:
>
>1- it cannot be used to patch holes. If you try to patch a spot that
>has a hole worn through it, such as the area right under the ball of
>your foot, it will split.
If y'put tape over the hole (on the inside of the shoe, under the
insole) and then put the shoe goo on the outside (filling up the hole)
this does work.

>2- it doesn`t last very long. A thick shoe goo patch on the bottom of
>your shoes will wear through, split or fall off within about two weeks,
>so you will have to re-goo them a lot. Shoe goo is only really useful
>in this scenario if you need to make your shoes last a few more weeks
>due to lack of money.
Y'can put thin wire mesh inside the goo to make it last longer

There's some stuff made by another company (Bison, maybe??) that works
better, only thing is it's brown
--
))))) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( o o ) | Dan Barker |

mcarpent

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96
If it doesnt work for ya just buy some of that heavy ass hella feirce
epoxy shit , the shit'll cut your foot before it comes off or wears out.
For real , the stuff is hard as a rock if you do it right . Its like having
a titanium olly flap or something.

Luke David Tucker

Feb 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/19/96
Shoe-goo is absolutely shit on it's own. You can put loads of the stuff
on and it will only last about two hours of flatland.
It is good however if you use it to glue on cut up bits of old shoe or
whatever.

LDT

P.S. Lorry inner-tubes make excellent riser pads. Thin as fuck but also
quite soft so your truck bolts don't losen too often.

Simon Shanks

Feb 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/20/96
adi...@aol.com (Adipose) wrote:

>are you supposed to put the goo on the soles? i thought it was only for
>the upper. am i wrong?

Well, people I know have and its lasted for ages.
When I do it myself it seems to come off really quick. It just depends
on the state of the shoe in the first place and how well its applied.

Weed697712

Feb 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/20/96
Shoe goo sucks. It doesn't last. Ive also discovered it can get in the way
of your skating ability: your shoe loses its grip on the board (duct tape
works better). Also,you can get brain-damaged from sniffing it too much.
mMmMm...shoe gOoOo~...

ahem, before you disagree, its only my opinion,CHEEDO

Cheedo

Feb 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/21/96
haha weed, im gonna disagree, i have a huge tube of shoe-gooand i think
its great, i have this cheep assed pair of converse skate stars, and i
have a big patch of shoe goo on them, hey i no its not ideal but i cant
afford a good pair of shoes. Also, weed, did u notice the warnings on the
tube that say to use in a well ventilated area, that could explain a lot
about you though.
using shoe-goo tips
1) remember to rough up the area you are appling it to
2) wait the full 24 hours damnit
Umm thats it
Joe

"May The Force Be With You"

Weed697712

Feb 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/21/96
>weed, did u notice the warnings on the
>tube that say to use in a well ventilated area, that could explain a lot
>about you though.

...oh... (damn!!!)

>1) remember to rough up the area you are appling it to

huh???

Thanx for the tips, but I still think shoe goo sucks. Try skating without,
then try WITH goo on your shoes, and feel the difference,man. Hey, I cant
afford new shoes every couple of weeks, either. Thats why i DO use the
goo! (just for the kick/heel flip parts on my shoe). But for the main
ollie tears, I patch that shithole up with that ollie armor thingie, it
works pretty good cuz its soft rubber (good grip), and lasts. Jezuz, I
could be a shoe-salesman...

Jon Aizen

Feb 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/26/96
I also think shoe-goo is great. Without it I would have probably gone through
50 pairs of shoes in the time that I go through one. I dont even wait 24
hours... about 10 should do a good job.

--
Jon Aizen
The Skate.Net

Oscar T. Grouch

Feb 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/28/96
On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Jon Aizen wrote:

> I also think shoe-goo is great. Without it I would have probably gone through
> 50 pairs of shoes in the time that I go through one. I dont even wait 24
> hours... about 10 should do a good job.

It works even quicker if you have a dehumidifier to throw them in front
of. It draws out the moisture quicker. This method only takes about 5
hours until completely. Late.

Jason "Oscar" Rymell

James Sweeney

Feb 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/29/96
> >works better). Also,you can get brain-damaged from sniffing it too much.
> >mMmMm...shoe gOoOo~...
> >
> >ahem, before you disagree, its only my opinion,CHEEDO
>
> I hear THAT!!! I bought some shoo-goo once, it cost me three quid, and it
> did nothing. :|

yup, back in jr. high when everybody carried skate keys around in
thier VISION hip packs, and the coolest tricks were ollie-airwalks by
rocco and tweaked ollie-grabs by jason lee on S.M.A.

that shit was the bomb, everybody was
usin' it. I don't like it, i think its just a waste, and it makes your
shoes look shitty. o.k. so i'm going for fashion over function on this
one, but its inevitable to wear a hole in your shoe from ollieing. The
stuff stanks too. just let nature happen. its only a band-aid
for your shoes. there needs to be some new material or design for shoes
without making the shoes weigh a ton like cement overshoes.........

i like people's comments on buying/investing in full-grain
leather shoes... ithink DC mccay shoes have a rubber wrap-around toe
thing kinda like the agah's , but i also heard that they fall apart in
weeks. i dunno, it depends on how often you skate weekly and the big
factor, if you get hooked up! my 2.......
peace to all the intelligent
posters,
jim

Jared Gross

Mar 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/1/96

> yup, back in jr. high when everybody carried skate keys around in
> thier VISION hip packs, and the coolest tricks were ollie-airwalks by
> rocco and tweaked ollie-grabs by jason lee on S.M.A.

Okay, I was just thinking about all of these tricks that are cool that
aren't done anymore.

1. no-complies(over curb, 180, kickflip, fronside, backside, shifty) the
list
will never end.

2. step-offs (off of curb, to kickflip, crazy flipping, to manual)

3. shove-its(noy pop shove-its)

any more?(besides boneless)

Message has been deleted

August Kesje

Feb 26, 2021, 4:08:44 PM2/26/21
anybody else looking at this in 2021?

nama's Den

Apr 19, 2021, 1:20:41 PM4/19/21
On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 4:08:44 PM UTC-5, August Kesje wrote:
> anybody else looking at this in 2021?

ey me

K Coogan

Jun 9, 2021, 12:44:07 PM6/9/21
On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 11:08:44 AM UTC-10, August Kesje wrote:
> anybody else looking at this in 2021

I am looking @ this website.

K Coogan

Jun 9, 2021, 12:45:10 PM6/9/21