There is something wrong with me

vickiebee

Jan 25, 2024, 4:18:51 AMJan 25
I am hooked on watching this watering hole in Namibia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydYDqZQpim8

The long horned antelopes - Oryx - are cool to watch. When I clicked on
one was trying to smell another's butt and a right little scuffle broke out.

I googled -"Those long Oryx horns come in handy for protection from
predators (lions, leopard, and hyenas). If threatened, Oryx display a
unique behavior: standing sideways to appear larger. If this fails to
intimidate the enemy, they use their horns to defend or attack."

So I guess they could cause some serious damage if they gored you... or
poked your eye out. The females also have those horns. I wonder if they
have guard duty.

After they've had their drink, notice how the older ones circle around
the drinkers to watch for predators from every direction... standing
sideways. There was a whole herd last I watched, a lot of them taking
their turns. I wonder about their "pecking order." The Alphas are prolly
training the younger ones how to be on the lookout. "There'll be none of
this butt-smellin'! We've got a herd to water!"

Poor ostriches and wart hogs have to wait their turn.

v - standing sideways - you wanna mess with me?
--
https://www.thefarside.com/

mixed nuts

Jan 25, 2024, 4:50:37 AMJan 25
On 1/25/2024 04:18, vickiebee wrote:
> v - standing sideways - you wanna mess with me?

Are you bigger sideways?

--
Grizzly H.

vickiebee

Jan 25, 2024, 5:20:52 AMJan 25
mixed nuts wrote:
> On 1/25/2024 04:18, vickiebee wrote:
>> v - standing sideways - you wanna mess with me?
>
> Are you bigger sideways?

LOL, well, now that you mention it, NO! I'm definitely bigger full frontal!

v - sometimes doesn't think replies through

--
https://www.thefarside.com/

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jan 25, 2024, 12:39:18 PMJan 25
On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 04:20:47 -0600
vickiebee <prairied...@aol.com> wrote:

> mixed nuts wrote:
> > On 1/25/2024 04:18, vickiebee wrote:
> >> v - standing sideways - you wanna mess with me?
> >
> > Are you bigger sideways?
> >
> LOL, well, now that you mention it, NO! I'm definitely bigger full frontal!
>
> v - sometimes doesn't think replies through

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me...

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

vickiebee

Jan 25, 2024, 9:33:52 PMJan 25