amphibian crosspost

BeH

Oct 2, 2022, 8:16:57 PM10/2/22
I am going to build a tiny stream and a little pond in my garden, and
hope that some frogs feel inclined to move in. I wish for frogs...

BeH

BeH

Oct 2, 2022, 8:28:03 PM10/2/22
And now, to comply with the title - the crossing of the post.

BeH

BeH

Oct 3, 2022, 5:18:36 PM10/3/22
On 03.10.2022 14.04, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:thdaai$qc4$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
> Shouldn't you Xpost to a gardening/pond or frog group?

It's mainly bait for a particularly funky frog if he ever checks in.

> If you do that, you need to make sure that either a) the pond is deep
> (below the frost line) or failing that b) you must removed the frogs before
> winter lest they become balls of slimy green goop in the spring.

We rarely get sustained periods of freezing here and also there will be
water running to and being pumped from the pond. And a little spring on
a hill at the other end...
It shall all be very pretty and calming.

BeH

BeH

Oct 5, 2022, 8:01:18 AM10/5/22
On 04.10.2022 13.41, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:thfjjb$1htu$8...@gioia.aioe.org:
> Send pictures when you're done.

You mean "if ever", obviously...

BeH

Yat

Oct 6, 2022, 10:07:25 AM10/6/22
He's hopping about in baggy trousers. I last saw him in a big chav tracksuit. :D

BeH

Oct 6, 2022, 5:45:02 PM10/6/22
On 06.10.2022 20.49, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:thjrmc$8i2$6...@gioia.aioe.org:
> You're retired. It's not like you have anything else to do.

I still have to get the apples in before we get frost...

BeH

BeH

Oct 6, 2022, 5:51:23 PM10/6/22
Oh dear. I hope the stress of being a famous internet celebrity didn't
get to him...

BeH

BeH

Oct 8, 2022, 4:45:57 PM10/8/22
On 08.10.2022 16.30, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:thni8t$193t$6...@gioia.aioe.org:
> That takes a couple of hours, after which you'll go inside for a snack
> and put the tv on and doze off.
>
> Start tomorrow then.

I didn't get the apples in today. I did move a great deal of stone from
won part of the garden to another, except for the last rather large one,
which was to heavy to get onto the barrow. I tried moving it with a
"sack-cart" (things-moving thing with a trowel at ground level), but the
tires were flat and when I pumped them (guessing ~40psi was reasonable)
the tire blew up. So that's for another day.

And then I went inside for a snack and put the tv on.

BeH

Frog Funky

Jan 2, 2023, 5:09:07 PM1/2/23
As a wise philosopher once said: ribbit ribbit.

Frog Funky

Jan 2, 2023, 5:09:37 PM1/2/23
This is news to me.

BeH

Jan 3, 2023, 11:51:35 AM1/3/23
That Wittgenstein - always with the funny noises...

--
BeH

Frog Funky

Jan 3, 2023, 3:52:23 PM1/3/23
I think, therefore I am... a frog - Rene Desk-cartes

BeH

Jan 4, 2023, 12:12:29 PM1/4/23
Everything is fluid; like ripples in a pond - Sartre.
--
BeH