Helen Bonham Carter breaks up Tim Burton's relationship

Lili2

Oct 25, 2001, 12:27:14 AM10/25/01
NY POST...PAGE 6

HOMEWRECKER Helena Bonham Carter has done it again. The British actress, who
notoriously broke up the marriage of Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh, is now
dating "Planet of the Apes" director Tim Burton - ending Burton's 10-year
relationship with his fiancée and muse, Lisa Marie.

A rep for Bonham Carter, 35, confirmed she is dating Burton, and Marie's
spokeswoman agreed the couple is no longer together.

Marie, who rocketed to stardom in Burton's flicks, including "Planet of the
Apes," "Sleepy Hollow," "Mars Attacks!" and "Ed Wood," is said to be distraught
and furious over the affair, which caught her by surprise.

"Lisa and Helena were both in 'Planet of the Apes,' which they worked on for
over a year," our source said. "Helena used to have her over for lunch all the
time, and Lisa thought they were friends."

Burton, 43, apparently saved his love for Carter until the movie was over. "Tim
told Lisa that she didn't need to go to the London premiere and, since she had
some photo shoots, she said OK," our spy added.

Shortly after the July premiere, Burton grew distant. A month later, he called
Marie and said, "It's over," before hanging up - apparently the last Marie has
heard from the quirky auteur.

"Tim was Lisa's world," Marie's indignant pal said. "She is trying to get on
with her life, but it is hard. They were together for 10 years and doesn't
Helena Bonham Carter break everyone up?"

A rep for Bonham Carter insisted that the two have only dated for 21/2 weeks -
after Burton called it off with Marie - and that she never carried on an affair
with Burton during the "Apes" shooting or during the London premiere.

"How could she have had an affair [during the filming]? She was in latex from
head to toe," said her rep, Melody Korenbrot.

Bonham Carter's affair with Burton is eerily similar to the one she had with
Branagh in 1995 when Branagh left Thompson, his wife of six years, for his
dark-haired mistress. The two met in 1993 on the set of "Mary Shelley's
Frankenstein" which Branagh directed and starred in with Bonham Carter. The two
didn't get romantic until they promoted the movie a year later.

Bonham Carter, who lived with her parents and took care of her paralyzed father
until she was 30, moved in with Branagh in 1996, but their relationship soon
cooled.

The actress, who starred in four movies based on E.M. Forster novels, once
said, "Period movies are my destiny. I should probably get a few ribs taken
out, because I'll be in a corset the rest of my life."

3finger

Oct 25, 2001, 3:30:01 AM10/25/01
In article <20011025002714...@mb-mo.aol.com>, li...@aol.com
(Lili2) wrote:

> NY POST...PAGE 6
>
> HOMEWRECKER Helena Bonham Carter has done it again. The British actress,
> who
> notoriously broke up the marriage of Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh,
> is now
> dating "Planet of the Apes" director Tim Burton - ending Burton's 10-year
> relationship with his fiancée and muse, Lisa Marie.

Helena Bonham Carter must know sex secrets from the Orient or have
Wiccan powers, because she has the power to make men dump spectacular
woman for her. Lisa Marie was basically built to be a sex symbol, and
Emma Thompson is, in my eyes (not Kenneth's), as close to the perfect
woman as is humanly possible.

--
3finger
Chicago Cubs: World Series Champions­ 1907, 1908

Robert Matthews

Oct 25, 2001, 4:53:00 AM10/25/01
wrote:

> NY POST...PAGE 6

> HOMEWRECKER Helena Bonham Carter has done it again. The British actress, who
> notoriously broke up the marriage of Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh, is
> now dating "Planet of the Apes" director Tim Burton - ending Burton's 10-year
> relationship with his fiancée and muse, Lisa Marie.
>

> Marie, who rocketed to stardom in Burton's flicks, including "Planet of the

> Apes," "Sleepy Hollow," "Mars Attacks!" and "Ed Wood,"....

Rocketed? Stardom?

Hardly anyone on earth would be able to attach the name to a face, most
people assume that Lisa Marie refers to Elvis' daughter, and now that she
doesn't have Burton to cast her, she'll slip into obscurity.

I have nothing against her, and I enjoyed her performance in "Ed Wood". But
she's not a star: she's just barely an edition of "Where Are They Now?" waiting
to happen.

Robert Matthews

Pennwryn

Oct 25, 2001, 6:30:32 AM10/25/01
>Emma Thompson is, in my eyes (not Kenneth's), as close to the perfect
>woman as is humanly possible.

She's the greatest! Have you seen "Wit"? Great performance. Had it be shown in
theaters, ET would have another Oscar.

Emma has Greg Wise and their daughter; she came out ahead!

PStaw57550

Oct 25, 2001, 11:04:20 AM10/25/01
She really and truly oozes a major sexuality without even trying. The hair and
the eyes seem to grab every guy she comes in contact with.

I agree with you though - From the first time I saw Emma in "The Tall Guy" with
Jeff Goldblum - I was hooked.

aemilia

Oct 25, 2001, 12:01:20 PM10/25/01
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:30:01 -0700, 3finger
<cubfan2...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Helena Bonham Carter must know sex secrets from the Orient or have
>Wiccan powers, because she has the power to make men dump spectacular
>woman for her. Lisa Marie was basically built to be a sex symbol, and
>Emma Thompson is, in my eyes (not Kenneth's), as close to the perfect
>woman as is humanly possible.

I used to work at at the information desk of a major art museum, and
one day a few years ago, HBC and Kenneth Branagh came in to the museum
with another family (kids in tow), and they looked like the redneck
couple from hell. HBC was wearing dirty clothes and ratty hair, and KB
looked like he just came from a NASCAR rally, with jeans, cowboy
boots, and a dirty baseball cap. I was utterly shocked. I know they
were in Los Angeles, but this was worse than incognito...it was plain
weird.

KB was sweet as pie to me though, he wanted to know where the recent
Photography exhibition was, while HBC just sort of stared off into
space.

So, I have no idea what hold HBC has over men. I just know that Emma
Thompson has shone recently like she never had before she and KB broke
up.

aemilia

kassa

Oct 25, 2001, 1:04:38 PM10/25/01
Robert Matthews <pyr...@mac.com> wrote in message news:<pyramus-5EEEDE...@news1.qc.sympatico.ca>...

> Rocketed? Stardom?
>
> Hardly anyone on earth would be able to attach the name to a face, most
> people assume that Lisa Marie refers to Elvis' daughter, and now that she
> doesn't have Burton to cast her, she'll slip into obscurity.
>
> Robert Matthews

Ooh, Robert Matthews, blast from the past!

I have to say I agree - I have the vague impression that the
woman I've seen in pics with Burton (the few times that
has happened) is tall and thin and brunette. Beyond that, I
have NO idea what she looks like, and until a year or so ago
I got all the mainstream showbiz magazines.

Lisa Marie = Elvis's daughter. Whoever this chick is, I wish
her well, but she's no star.

kassa

3finger

Oct 25, 2001, 1:34:47 PM10/25/01
In article <20011025110420...@mb-mq.aol.com>,
pstaw...@aol.com (PStaw57550) wrote:

> I agree with you though - From the first time I saw Emma in "The Tall
> Guy" with
> Jeff Goldblum - I was hooked.

Yeah, that's about the time for me as well. She's so great because she's
quite striking, very bright and has a wicked sense of humor. She comes
across as the type of woman who could both discuss erudite topics with
complete confidence and drink you under the table while telling the
foulest jokes imaginable. All that in one package is an undeniably sexy
combo.

Yes, Helena Bonham Carter is sexy too, and there's a lot about her style
I actually like. But she's no Emma Thompson.

kat

Oct 25, 2001, 9:36:34 PM10/25/01

> I have to say I agree - I have the vague impression that the
> woman I've seen in pics with Burton (the few times that
> has happened) is tall and thin and brunette. Beyond that, I
> have NO idea what she looks like, and until a year or so ago
> I got all the mainstream showbiz magazines.
>
> Lisa Marie = Elvis's daughter. Whoever this chick is, I wish
> her well, but she's no star.
>
> kassa

I know she's not a major star, but she is so interesting-looking. I
think she is very beautiful in a weird sort of way.

Josh

Oct 26, 2001, 5:53:40 PM10/26/01

kat wrote:

A pic of Lisa Marie & Tim Burton:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/nm/20011025/en/mdf74626.html

Mike O'Connor

Oct 28, 2001, 6:46:45 AM10/28/01
In article <cubfan23NOSPAM-63D...@news.mindspring.com>,
3finger <cubfan2...@earthlink.net> wrote:
:In article <20011025002714...@mb-mo.aol.com>, li...@aol.com

Branagh went from making great movies to making crap under the
influence of Helena. I wonder what will happen to Burton...

--
Michael J. O'Connor | WWW: http://dojo.mi.org/~mjo/ | Email: m...@dojo.mi.org
Royal Oak, Michigan | (has my PGP & Geek Code info) | Phone: +1 248-427-4481

LeeAnne

Oct 28, 2001, 7:08:46 AM10/28/01
>Branagh went from making great movies to making crap under the
>influence of Helena. I wonder what will happen to Burton...

I think Burton is already on his way without Helena's help.

aemilia

Oct 28, 2001, 9:38:56 AM10/28/01
In article <0110281146...@dojo.mi.org>,

Mike O'Connor <m...@dojo.mi.org> wrote:

> Branagh went from making great movies to making crap under the
> influence of Helena. I wonder what will happen to Burton...

Isn't Planet of the Apes the answer to your question???

aemilia

DepressdGrl

Oct 28, 2001, 12:26:04 PM10/28/01
Lisa Marie's real name is Lisa Marie Smith, so she's basically taken
Elvis' daughter's name, she's just plain Lisa Smith.

She also was really interesting looking with dark hair, and the sort
of gothy way she used to be.

Now she's got the requisite starlet blonde hair going, the boob
dresses (as seen in that pic), in fact, the funny thing is that dress
looks like a RUG and Courtney Love wore that dress as well. IMHO it's
an awful looking dress!

Lisa Smith now looks like everyone else in Hollywood and won't be
going anywhere with her career unless she hooks another big fish.

RGINA

Oct 28, 2001, 2:33:28 PM10/28/01
>3finger <cubfan2...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>:In article <20011025002714...@mb-mo.aol.com>, li...@aol.com
>:(Lili2) wrote:
>:
>:> NY POST...PAGE 6
>:>
>:> HOMEWRECKER Helena Bonham Carter has done it again. The British actress,
>:> who
>:> notoriously broke up the marriage of Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh,
>:> is now
>:> dating "Planet of the Apes" director Tim Burton - ending Burton's 10-year
>:> relationship with his fiancée and muse, Lisa Marie.
>:
>:Helena Bonham Carter must know sex secrets from the Orient or have
>:Wiccan powers, because she has the power to make men dump spectacular
>:woman for her. Lisa Marie was basically built to be a sex symbol, and
>:Emma Thompson is, in my eyes (not Kenneth's), as close to the perfect
>:woman as is humanly possible.
>
>Branagh went from making great movies to making crap under the
>influence of Helena. I wonder what will happen to Burton...

-> Michael J. O'Connor

As far as making crap movies under Helena's influence--I tend to think his good
movies during the Emma Thompson years had to do with Emma's influence. She was
long thought to be the brains and talent in that coupling. I doubt Helena
influenced his downfall as much as his own mediocrity surfaced post-Emma.
alt showbiz gossip

Alan Hurshman

Oct 29, 2001, 3:54:01 PM10/29/01
"RGINA" <rg...@aol.com> wrote in message

> As far as making crap movies under Helena's influence--I tend to think his
good
> movies during the Emma Thompson years had to do with Emma's influence. She
was
> long thought to be the brains and talent in that coupling. I doubt Helena
> influenced his downfall as much as his own mediocrity surfaced post-Emma.

I guess that could explain Frankenstein.

--
Alan Hurshman
Halifax, Nova Scotia

{Wishbone For Scully In 2002}

FEB, CCC, GABAL, #27
Order of the Holy Pup
CCynic #2, WNS

Moria V.

Oct 30, 2001, 1:52:00 AM10/30/01

"RGINA" <rg...@aol.com> wrote in message

Hmm, hadn't thought of this but you guys may have a point. What has Branagh
done lately that's worth remembering? Maybe this also explains the problems
with Burton's Planet of the Apes.

As far as Bonham Carter being a homewrecker though, it takes two to tango.
I tend to blame the men involved more than her.

Did anyone see the "making of" special for Planet of the Apes that was on
Sci-Fi? It was the one hosted by Lisa Marie. At one point she interviewed
Burton about the movie. It was so excruciatingly awkward, there was so much
tension between the two of them and Burton barely even looked directly at
her. At the time I saw this I thought it was incredibly bizarre behavior
for a long time couple but I wrote it off as an example of Burton's
eccentricity. Now I wonder if they'd already broken up or were in the
process of it but were still obligated to do publicity together.

Moria

Gary and Amy Rork

Oct 30, 2001, 8:40:32 AM10/30/01
"Moria V." <mo...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> As far as Bonham Carter being a homewrecker though, it takes two to tango.
> I tend to blame the men involved more than her.

I have to agree, where is it written that it was Helena's responsibility to
keep Kenneth & Emma's marriage vows sacred or keep Tim in his relationship
with what's-her-name?

I had the same problem when people kept insisting that Monica Lewinsky
should apologize to the US over her affair with the Pres. Not that what she
did was all in the right, but she certainly didn't take any vows when Bill &
Hil did.

- Amy ZR

Alan Hurshman

Oct 30, 2001, 2:35:24 PM10/30/01
"Gary and Amy Rork" <rork...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> "Moria V." <mo...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> > As far as Bonham Carter being a homewrecker though, it takes two to
tango.
> > I tend to blame the men involved more than her.
> I have to agree, where is it written that it was Helena's responsibility
> keep Kenneth & Emma's marriage vows sacred or keep Tim in his relationship
> with what's-her-name?

So you think it is OK for a woman to try
and break up a realtionship if she feels like
it? Cool.

Gary and Amy Rork

Oct 31, 2001, 2:35:51 PM10/31/01
"Alan Hurshman" <alanhu...@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:

> So you think it is OK for a woman to try
> and break up a realtionship if she feels like
> it? Cool.

Not at all -- I said what she did wasn't right. My point is, it's the man's
responsibility to keep his own relationship intact -- not every other woman
in the world.

I'd be far more upset with my husband if he cheated than I'd ever be with
the chick he did the cheating with.

- Amy ZR

Pennwryn

Oct 31, 2001, 7:00:55 PM10/31/01
>I'd be far more upset with my husband if he cheated than I'd ever be with
>the chick he did the cheating with.

We'll see.

Patra

Oct 31, 2001, 9:24:12 PM10/31/01

"Pennwryn" <penn...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >I'd be far more upset with my husband if he cheated than I'd ever be with
> >the chick he did the cheating with.
> >

> We'll see.

I agree. In principal, that should be the case but often logic goes out the
window when emotions are involved. From my experience, I've always seen the
jilted woman directing most of her anger at the "other woman" rather than on
her husband/boyfriend.

Maybe it's sexism but I've seen women look daggers at the woman who's the
object of their boyfriend/husband's affections instead of confronting their
wayward boyfriend/husband's philandering ways. In any sexual indiscretion,
the woman is left holding the bag, while the guy is seen as "getting lucky"
& so is excused.

Ann

Oct 31, 2001, 9:46:57 PM10/31/01

Patra wrote:

Plus, if the woman does the cheating, she's called a slut. However, if the man
is fooling around, more likely or not, he's considered a stud (if he happens to
be the sex symbol of the month).

RJRSJ1

Oct 31, 2001, 10:09:48 PM10/31/01
>> Maybe it's sexism but I've seen women look daggers at the woman who's the
>> object of their boyfriend/husband's affections instead of confronting their
>> wayward boyfriend/husband's philandering ways. In any sexual indiscretion,
>> the woman is left holding the bag, while the guy is seen as "getting lucky"
>> & so is excused.
>
>Plus, if the woman does the cheating, she's called a slut. However, if the
>man
>is fooling around, more likely or not, he's considered a stud (if he happens
>be the sex symbol of the month).

I really don't think so anymore. They're pretty much referred to as Assholes
nowadays.

Toni

Oct 31, 2001, 11:52:34 PM10/31/01

Pretty much sums it up. Though I have an issue with HBC as
she may be the homewrecker type. Yes I know the men need to keep it
in their pants, but I know more than a few women who like to steal
other women's men and men's men too (if only for the challenge). It's
isn't totally unheard of.
And yes I know men who do the same thing. Now if I was around
HBC, I would be very wary of her. Though what Ken and Tim see/saw in
her is beyond me. How Ken could have dumped the delightful Emma
Thompson for HBC is a mystery. Especially as Emma is known for being
very active sexually, she had a real rep for partying that girl.
Maybe Ken wanted to slow down?

--
=== You're reading the words of Toni ===
We shall see to which one the Olympian grants the glory.

Pennwryn

Nov 1, 2001, 9:32:48 AM11/1/01
>Yes I know the men need to keep it
>in their pants, but I know more than a few women who like to steal
>other women's men and men's men too (if only for the challenge). It's
>isn't totally unheard of.
College roomates can be especially good at trying to steal their roomie's
boyfriends.
Speaking of challenges, I went to school with girls who tried to seduce
priests.It was a full-time hobby. In one interview, the singer Linda
Ronstadt(sp.?) told of engaging in similiar practices in high school.

JLasz

Nov 1, 2001, 11:33:24 AM11/1/01
>College roomates can be especially good at trying to steal their roomie's
>boyfriends.
>Speaking of challenges, I went to school with girls who tried to seduce
>priests.It was a full-time hobby. In one interview, the singer Linda
>Ronstadt(sp.?) told of engaging in similiar practices in high school.

well she is of the thorn birds era, like me...

jlasz

"There is no security, no safety, in the appeasement of evil. It must be the
core of Western Civilization that there be no sanctuary for terror. And to
sustain such a policy, free men and free nations must unite and work together".
R. Reagan

Amy Morrison

Nov 1, 2001, 7:43:48 PM11/1/01
rjr...@aol.comzyxqyzx (RJRSJ1) wrote in message news:<20011031220948...@mb-bj.aol.com>...

IMHO, the philandering guy and the "Other woman" in these situations
are BOTH sluts and assholes. If a woman is going after a "taken" man,
it's because there is something wrong with her and available men
aren't interested. Women who have something to offer someone would not
need to "poach" a man, nor would they be interested in one who could
be poached. It always amazes me when skanky hoes poach some guy away
from someone else and then are SHOCKED when the same guy cheats on
them... like Krappie Mee etc. Of course, and man who is "poachable"
isn't worth having, but still, if you are trying to poach some guy,
you're a skank. Period.

RJRSJ1

Nov 2, 2001, 8:31:17 AM11/2/01

Well....that was interesting ;-)

azindn

Nov 3, 2001, 7:27:08 PM11/3/01
"Gary and Amy Rork" <rork...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<k5yD7.42525$pb4.22...@news2.rdc2.tx.home.com>...

As I recall, ET was not exactly waiting for Ken to return home when
she was filming Remains of the Day with Sir Anthony Hopkins. Didn't
ET and Sir Tony have an affair, and later, when HBC joined the duo for
film of that other film whose name slips my memory, she was unable to
make a run at Tony because Emma was already involved with him?

M.L.

Nov 3, 2001, 8:41:58 PM11/3/01
> > I have to agree, where is it written that it was Helena's responsibility
> > keep Kenneth & Emma's marriage vows sacred or keep Tim in his
relationship
> > with what's-her-name?
> > > >
> As I recall, ET was not exactly waiting for Ken to return home when
> she was filming Remains of the Day with Sir Anthony Hopkins. Didn't
> ET and Sir Tony have an affair, and later, when HBC joined the duo for
> film of that other film whose name slips my memory, she was unable to
> make a run at Tony because Emma was already involved with him?

Howard's End was the movie in question.

azindn

Nov 4, 2001, 7:46:54 PM11/4/01
"M.L." <mel...@hotmaildot.com> wrote in message news:<9s26e2$107i1m$1...@ID-19545.news.dfncis.de>...

Yes, that's it thank you.

CleV

Nov 5, 2001, 4:04:20 PM11/5/01

Except the imdb lists The Remains of the Day as being from 1993 and
Howard's End as being from 1992 (not that they couldn't have been
filmed in the other order).

azindn

Nov 5, 2001, 11:08:16 PM11/5/01
CL...@balJUNKcab.ch (CleV) wrote in message news:<3be6fe9c...@news.balcab.ch>...

My point being, Anthony Hopkins was never interested in HBC, but ET,yes.

Mr kibria

Jan 22, 2024, 5:43:16 AMJan 22
✅🔴▶️▶ Really Amazing ️You Can Try This ◀️◀️🔴✅

✅▶️▶️ CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K✅

WATCH ✅💻📺📱👉https://co.fastmovies.org

ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ ✅📺📱💻👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴💚 Really Amazing ️You Can Try This💚ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ LINK >👉https://co.fastmovies.org