Bill Bixby's son?

G. M. Lupo

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
I was at home on vacation today and while trying to avoid Leeza I
happened across an old snippet of Mr. Rogers and he was visiting the set
of the Incredible Hulk -- it was a reeeeeally old snippet. Bill Bixby
mentioned his son and I suddenly recalled that one of his sons was
killed a few years before he himself died. Was this his only son?

Matt Lupo

--
G. M. Lupo: ham...@lupo.com
P.O. Box 161963, Atlanta, GA 30321-1963

Extex1013

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
I know it was his only son with Brenda Benet(?)
extex

G. M. Lupo

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
Extex1013 wrote:

> I know it was his only son with Brenda Benet(?)

Did Bixby have any other children?

mjdev

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
G. M. Lupo wrote:

> Extex1013 wrote:
>
> > I know it was his only son with Brenda Benet(?)
>
> Did Bixby have any other children?

No other children are listed for Bill in anything I've seen. Brenda
Benet killed herself because of the death of their son Christopher. She
died in 1982. So there wasn't a son that died shortly before him.

Marcie
ASGTP #130

--
email me at damar at sensible-net dot com

GossipHo

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
Brenda Benet was a very good friend of mine and a wonderful person. When
Christopher died, Bixby (devoid of his "Eddie's Father" warmth) treated her
like shit, blaming her for his death. Awful man, despite the "fuzzy" family
values image - and a bigot besides. He hounded Brenda because she was involved
with an African American man.

PSierut

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98

...named Al Cowlings, who later drove the white Bronco with OJ Simpson cowering
in the backseat.

mjdev

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98
GossipHo wrote:

> Brenda Benet was a very good friend of mine and a wonderful person. When
> Christopher died, Bixby (devoid of his "Eddie's Father" warmth) treated her
> like shit, blaming her for his death. Awful man, despite the "fuzzy" family
> values image - and a bigot besides. He hounded Brenda because she was involved
> with an African American man.

What did Christopher die of? I noticed that Brenda was also married to
Paul Peterson (is that right?). What was he like?

Marcie

Chris

Nov 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/2/98
Actually, the man Brenda Benet was involved with at the time of her death,
according to an extensive article in TV Guide, was actor J.A. Preston, known
for many roles including that of Dr. Ted Cleary in Albert Brooks' "Real
Life."

TawnyBlond

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98
><Brenda Benet was a very good friend of mine and a wonderful person. When
>Christopher died, Bixby (devoid of his "Eddie's Father" warmth) treated her
>like shit, blaming her for his death. Awful man, despite the "fuzzy" family
>values image - and a bigot besides. He hounded Brenda because she was
>involved
>with an African American man.>>
>
>...named Al Cowlings, who later drove the white Bronco with OJ Simpson
>cowering
>in the backseat.

And wasn't Al on that camping trip with Brenda and Christopher when he died?

Sherbaker

Nov 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/6/98

And wasn't Al on that camping trip with Brenda and Christopher when he died?<<

I sure don't know but I THOUGHT I remembered it was a ski trip and that Brenda
and her son were actually with Bill Bixby at the time. Anyone know? I always
thought Brenda was quite beautiful... in almost an old Hollywood sort of way.

Sher
http://www.brazenhussy

Now updating daily -- at least until I lose the few marbles I have left...

Message has been deleted

davidclif...@hotmail.com

Dec 2, 2018, 7:37:36 PM12/2/18
I really wish people would not speak ill of the dead. Because they’re not here to defend themselves! Plus they both loss a child so we really don’t know what was going thru they’re minds. Whatever it was it was awful !

lydial...@gmail.com

May 22, 2019, 9:02:06 PM5/22/19

If you were a friend of hers, how come you didn't know that she was actually involved in a lesbian relationship with Tammy Bruce and killed herself 2 weeks after Bruce moved out of the home they shared.

megan Cline

Sep 23, 2023, 11:35:16 PM9/23/23
3On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 9:02:06 PM UTC-4, lydial...@gmail.com wrote:
> If you were a friend of hers, how come you didn't know that she was actually involved in a lesbian relationship with Tammy Bruce and killed herself 2 weeks after Bruce moved out of the home they shared.

I’ve read that T V article. According to that article, her relationship with J A Preston was violent. I’ve read elsewhere that Mr. Preston regularly beat Ms. Benet. If Bill Bixby knew or suspected she was being abused, that could’ve been his reason for having issues with Mr. Preston.

Tammy Bruce is featured in that article as well. Although there romantic relationship isn’t revealed. The article just refers to Ms. Bruce as Brenda’s secretary. Ms. Bruce states that Brenda’s relationship with J A Preston was always on again off again.

Brenda Benet’s mom is also interviewed for the article. She says, that Brenda told her of some violence that had occurred with Mr. Preston. Brenda had told her mom that she was trying to get out
of the relationship.

Leona Nelson [Brenda’s mother] states that she went up the stairs of her daughter’s home. Leona found a hole in the bathroom door. According to the article. Mr. Preston had punched his fist through the door.
Brenda had run into the bathroom to get away from Mr. Preston while they were fighting. He had punched his fist through the door trying to get in to harm Brenda. Mr. Preston denies any violence in the article.

Brenda was understandably a mess after her son’s death. So was Bill Bixby. People often do and say terrible and destructive things when they’re grieving.