Carl Lewis: Gay or not?

Kay Johnson

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

My bet is yes, but that he hasn't come out. But a close
friend *swears* that King Carl is married. What the truth
gang....

Kay

PaulX

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

I thought he already came out last year.

PaulX

dar

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

In article <3205ef8a...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>, pau...@ix.netcom.com
(PaulX ) wrote:

He came out as being married?? Actually, I thought Carl was an outspoken
X-ian evangelical type. Not that they can't be queer, too, of course, but
I don't think he'd be out as *both*.

dar

--
Will play tennis for food.

e2py...@fre.fsu.umd.edu

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

In article <4u40ae$7...@shiva.usa.net>, ru...@earth.usa.net (Kay Johnson) writes:

>My bet is yes, but that he hasn't come out. But a close
>friend *swears* that King Carl is married. What the truth
>gang....
>
>Kay

So was Rock Hudson at one time.

Doug Stafford

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

who cares. He can't keep up with Donovan Bailey, anyways.

spike

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

Kay Johnson wrote:

> My bet is yes, but that he hasn't come out. But a close
> friend *swears* that King Carl is married. What the truth
> gang....
>
> Kay

During the Olympics a story ran in "The Gazette" here in Montreal that
rather casually stated that Lewis had trouble getting sponsors "because
of his sexual orientation". Jeez! I thought he didn't get deals
because he's an arrogant git!

....spike....

Kurt Bray

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

spike (cx...@musica.mcgill.ca) wrote:

Carl is not married amd has never been publicly romantically linked with
anyone of either sex. A decade ago when the whispers first started
getting loud, Carl publicly stated that we was straight and that he had a
girlfriend but preferred to keep his private life very private.

I think among track fans he is widely thought to be gay, but nobody seems
to care that much about it one way or the other.

Kurt

Zorak

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

PaulX wrote:

> On 5 Aug 1996 05:20:14 GMT, ru...@earth.usa.net (Kay Johnson) wrote:
>
> >My bet is yes, but that he hasn't come out. But a close
> >friend *swears* that King Carl is married. What the truth
> >gang....
> >
> I thought he already came out last year.
>
> PaulX

I'm not so sure that Lewis has come out.

NBC, during the Olympics of course, did a segment concerning Olympic
athletes and endorsements. When they discussed why Lewis hasn't cashed
in nearly as much as less accomplished athletes, they mentioned that one
of the reasons could be speculation about Lewis' sexual orientation.
They then said that, in response to this speculation, Lewis has denied
that he is gay.

If this is correct, it doesn't exactly sound like he's come out
(assuming, in fact, he is gay -- and I do).

- Kathy, ASGTPR #79, who watched waaaaaaay too much of the Olympics

P.S. As for Bruce Jenner, someone who did cash in bigtime on his gold
medal, has his plastic surgeon(s?) been disbarred or whatever they do to
throw doctors out of the profession? Jesus H. Sebastian Christ on a
raft, he used to be absolutely gorgeous (remember the '76 Olympics and
"Can't Stop The Music"?), but now he and Michael Jackson are neck and
neck (so to speak) in the melting face competition.

Eplin

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

Kurt Bray wrote:

>Carl is not married and has never been publicly >romantically linked with

>anyone of either sex. A decade ago when the whispers >first started
>getting loud, Carl publicly stated that we was straight >and that he had
>girlfriend but preferred to keep his private life very >private.
>
>I think among track fans he is widely thought to be gay, >but nobody
seems
>to care that much about it one way or the other.

Nobody but the corporations who won't give him endorsement deals because
they think he's gay ... the same problem Greg Louganis had!

E M S

Aug 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/7/96

Greg louganis is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
much ... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flaunting it
in your face....................... who would even have the stomach to
watch a commercial?

at least Carl is watchable on a full stomach.. altho his mannerisms
and actions look verrrry much like the hormones are misplaced honey

David Migicovsky

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

In article <320938...@earthlink.net>, E M S <hot...@earthlink.net> opined to the huddled masses:

>Greg louganis is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>much ... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flaunting it
>in your face....................... who would even have the stomach to
>watch a commercial?

Just about everyone reading this newsgroup, you disgusting little twirp. And
Greg was very much in the closet for *years* after winning his Olympic medals.

/----------------------------------------------------------------------\
| David Migicovsky, Jewish Atheist CompuFag, Official ASG Cartographer |
| My real email address is | http://www.interlog.com/~dmigicov |
| dmig...@interlog.com | Powered by Windows NT 4.0 and Diet Coke |
\___________________________|__________________________________________/

Gert Niewahr

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

In article <3207B6...@musica.mcgill.ca>, spike <cx...@musica.mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> During the Olympics a story ran in "The Gazette" here in Montreal that
> rather casually stated that Lewis had trouble getting sponsors "because
> of his sexual orientation". Jeez! I thought he didn't get deals
> because he's an arrogant git!

To be fair, Lewis' endorsements chances were hurt probably at least as
much by his arrogance as the questions about his private life. Arrogant
black athletes always have a hard time getting endorsements in the US.

As to whether he's actually gay...well, if you cut a music video of you
singing disco songs in front of five nelly dancers vogue'ing up a
storm...all wearing *gold lame* pantsuits...you can only blame yourself if
people thing you're gay. I wonder why NBC didn't show that particular
clip?
--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--***ATTENTION***
Your e-mail reply to this message WILL be *automatically* ANONYMIZED.
Please, report inappropriate use to ab...@anon.penet.fi
For information (incl. non-anon reply) write to he...@anon.penet.fi
If you have any problems, address them to ad...@anon.penet.fi

Michael S Ritchie

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

In article <320938...@earthlink.net>, E M S <hot...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Greg louganis is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>much ... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flaunting it
>in your face....................... who would even have the stomach to
>watch a commercial?

Excuse me, missy EMS, but what is your definition of "flaunting it"?
I hardly think Louganis falls into the Richard Simmons mold of
"flaunting" mannerisms. Unless just being openly gay and proud of
it is "flaunting" it. And if *that* turns your stomach, you need to
read the recent post of the news story linking homophobia to strong
but repressed same-sex desires.

>at least Carl is watchable on a full stomach.. altho his mannerisms
>and actions look verrrry much like the hormones are misplaced honey

The stupefyingly doltish construction of your thoughts above just
shows how little you know about sexuality. And how frightened
you are of what are likely your own buried desires...

--M.

Majhool al-Kabeer

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

No way Carl Lewis is gay. If he were, he'd be dead of AIDS
by now.

Catty

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

Majhool al-Kabeer <10233...@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>No way Carl Lewis is gay. If he were, he'd be dead of AIDS
>by now.

You *are* joking? If you was, your sense of humour is in need of
serious therapy.
If you wasn't, you need help - *period*.
Run along, dear - you're wasting my time writing this to you - but
my conscience is forcing me to tell you to fuck off, dear.

BTW, excuse my bad language - I tend to get myself worked up
like this because of stupid posts like yours.

Catty (a very, very, very pissed off film bore)
xx

Gregg P.

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

Majhool al-Kabeer <10233...@CompuServe.COM> blathered in article
<4ubslb$to$1...@mhadf.production.compuserve.com>...

*bzzzzzbzzzzbzzz*bzzzzz*bzzzzzz*bzzzzzzzz"

Huh? What was that? I would have sworn I heard someone say
*something*. Oh, it must just be that annoying fly pestering us
again. <Swat!>

Dears, darlings, everyone present, ignore this inconsequential
pest and he'll go away again.

Perhaps now would be a good time for everyone involved in
this thread to take a look at the "Homophobia Linked to
Same-Sex Desire" thread, hmmmm?

-- Gregg P.
-- ASGTPR#71
-- Official ASG Media Whore

space for rent

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

The reason I thought he was gay was that ad for the auto tires
where he was wearing spike high heels in a starting position in
his track outfit. Then on one of the comedy shows, the two guys
who did movie reviews as African versions of Siskel & Ebert, pretended
to run a race as Lewis. One of them made jokes about being chased by
other men. etc. in a swishy manner.

Centre of the Known Universe

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

cnei...@catya.demon.co.uk (Catty) wrote:

>Majhool al-Kabeer <10233...@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

Catty, sweetie - do like me - consider the source and ignore it.

Oh - And Here's Some Nerve Pills - You're Shaking, Darling!
LCM

Centre of the Known Universe

"A ray of sunshine amidst all this melanoma."
LCM - Mid-Bolly-Stoli, 1996
ASGTRP#01 & Co-Welcome Wagoneer

Jesse Garon

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

space for rent <fp...@MHFP.SWMED.EDU> writes:

>The reason I thought he was gay was that ad for the auto tires
>where he was wearing spike high heels in a starting position in
>his track outfit. Then on one of the comedy shows, the two guys
>who did movie reviews as African versions of Siskel & Ebert, pretended
>to run a race as Lewis. One of them made jokes about being chased by
>other men. etc. in a swishy manner.

Oh, well, if the two black guys who do movie reviews made a joke about
Carl Lewis being gay, that pretty much settles the debate right there.
Lord knows they would never say something untrue for the sake of a JOKE.

"Jesse Garon": the God damnedest mass of tact known to the human race
gri...@primenet.com http://www.primenet.com/~grifter/jesse.html

Kanga

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

spike wrote:

::During the Olympics a story ran in "The Gazette" here in Montreal that
::rather casually stated that Lewis had trouble getting sponsors "because
::of his sexual orientation". Jeez! I thought he didn't get deals
::because he's an arrogant git!

Speaking of, I was reading an article in the local paper here about all
the commercial offers some athletes are now getting. They listed Amy Van
Dyke, Kerri Strug (can you see her a motivational speaker??), Tom Dolan,
all those people...but the one person where there hasn't been much
interest was Dan O'Brien, the decathalon gold winner. When I read that, I
thought, "Well, unless he's a prick like Carl Lewis, it must be because
he's gay." Well, does anyone know if Dan O'Brien _is_ gay?

Too bad he doesn't get sponsors. He's a handsome and seems like a likable
enough guy. I'd buy the Wheaties.

~ Kanga ~

Absolut Queer

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

E M S <hot...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Eplin wrote:
>>
>> Kurt Bray wrote:
>>
>> >Carl is not married and has never been publicly >romantically linked with
>>
>> >anyone of either sex. A decade ago when the whispers >first started
>> >getting loud, Carl publicly stated that we was straight >and that he had
>> >girlfriend but preferred to keep his private life very >private.
>> >
>> >I think among track fans he is widely thought to be gay, >but nobody
>> seems
>> >to care that much about it one way or the other.
>>
>> Nobody but the corporations who won't give him endorsement deals because
>> they think he's gay ... the same problem Greg Louganis had!

>Greg louganis is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

>much ... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flaunting it
>in your face....................... who would even have the stomach to
>watch a commercial?

Oh, I would. He is becoming a great gay icon. I love his smile. Let
him advertise a small car with parnter and dog ( The family car).

>at least Carl is watchable on a full stomach.. altho his mannerisms
>and actions look verrrry much like the hormones are misplaced honey

Well all Carl Lewis is promoting in NZ is a particalty femme
deoderant. Not exactly Million dollar stuff. (and teh commercial is
pretty crap too)

JAne

Absolut Queer
ASGTPR#17
Official(!) ASGTP [mad] Scientist
Benevolent Co-Dictator Elect

"Science is like being God, only I have time and budget constraints"

Absolut Queer

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Majhool al-Kabeer <10233...@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>No way Carl Lewis is gay. If he were, he'd be dead of AIDS
>by now.

Gosh-I wonder if our wee friend could have returned? Someone was mug
enough to give him an account.

sds

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

kang...@li.net (Kanga) wrote:
>interest was Dan O'Brien, the decathalon gold winner. When I read that, I
>thought, "Well, unless he's a prick like Carl Lewis, it must be because
>he's gay." Well, does anyone know if Dan O'Brien _is_ gay?

I've heard Dan O'Brien recently say he just moved in with his
girlfriend. He's also become somewhat of a Jesus freak.

dar

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

"Sherrill C.J. Edwards" <sedw...@mitretek.org> wrote:

> The news story I saw said that Dan O'Brien will be getting a Wheaties box
> cover, along with Van Dyken, Johnson, the Women (and I use the term
> loosely) gymnasts, and Dolan (what's the attraction there? he struck me
> as extremely arrogant and self-centered during the Olympics--hardly what
> I'd call a "hero" or an inspiration--oh yeah, asthma. I guess he's got
> the Primatene spots locked up.)

But Carl Lewis is still *not* getting his Wheaties box. Weird. After 9
golds and near universal acclaim as the greatest track and field athlete
of the past 50 years, you'd think they'd put the guy on the fucking box
... gay, arrogant, or whatever.

How are these decisions made, anyway, the same way the Pope is picked?

And you're right, Tom Dolan is a lame choice.

Max Wallace

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

In 1987 I organized a human rights lecture series featuring, among other
speakers, Harry Edwards who organized the infamous Black Power protest at
the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.

Edwards told me that he had just mediated a dispute between the Black
members of the US track and field team who took a vote to expel Lewis from
the team even though they had no authority to do so. Edwards said they
didn't want any gays on the team and he attributed their attitude to what
he called pretty strong homophobia among American blacks.

In 1988 British Decathlon champion Daley Thompson was interviewed on an
ABC sports show wearing a sweatshirt which read The World's Second
Greatest Athlete is Gay. The world's greatest athlete is considered the
winner of the Decathlon and the second greatest is the winner of the 100
metres (Carl Lewis).

Thompson then gave a number of interviews to the British press calling
Lewis a poofter.

Neither of these facts prove Lewis is gay but they demonstrate that his
peers certainly think so.

G. Tong

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

In article <320B71...@mitretek.org>, "Sherrill C.J. Edwards"
<sedw...@mitretek.org> wrote:

About Dan O'Brien:

> As far as his personal life, I thought I saw him giving a very
> affectionate (nigh-on passionate) kiss to a female among his entourage,
> but there were so many stories, so many kisses, I may be mistaken....

The major mags (Time, etc.) covered his "fast life" with lots of
"partying" already. Hints of drugs and alcoholism, hints of lots of women
... He may bear watching over the next few years as his athletic career
ends.

--
G. Tong
gt...@sirius.com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."

G. M. Lupo

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

E M S wrote:

> at least Carl is watchable on a full stomach.. altho his mannerisms
> and actions look verrrry much like the hormones are misplaced honey

Carl Lewis looks kind of like what Michael Jackson might look like if he
hadn't had all that surgery and bleaching.

Matt Lupo

--
G. M. Lupo: ham...@lupo.com
P.O. Box 161963, Atlanta, GA 30321-1963

Sherrill C.J. Edwards

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Kanga wrote:

> spike wrote:
>
> ::During the Olympics a story ran in "The Gazette" here in Montreal that
> ::rather casually stated that Lewis had trouble getting sponsors "because
> ::of his sexual orientation". Jeez! I thought he didn't get deals
> ::because he's an arrogant git!
>
> Speaking of, I was reading an article in the local paper here about all
> the commercial offers some athletes are now getting. They listed Amy Van
> Dyke, Kerri Strug (can you see her a motivational speaker??), Tom Dolan,
> all those people...but the one person where there hasn't been much
> interest was Dan O'Brien, the decathalon gold winner. When I read that, I
> thought, "Well, unless he's a prick like Carl Lewis, it must be because
> he's gay." Well, does anyone know if Dan O'Brien _is_ gay?
>
> Too bad he doesn't get sponsors. He's a handsome and seems like a likable
> enough guy. I'd buy the Wheaties.
>
> ~ Kanga ~

The news story I saw said that Dan O'Brien will be getting a Wheaties box

cover, along with Van Dyken, Johnson, the Women (and I use the term
loosely) gymnasts, and Dolan (what's the attraction there? he struck me
as extremely arrogant and self-centered during the Olympics--hardly what
I'd call a "hero" or an inspiration--oh yeah, asthma. I guess he's got
the Primatene spots locked up.)

As far as his personal life, I thought I saw him giving a very

Zorak

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

sds wrote:

> kang...@li.net (Kanga) wrote:
> >interest was Dan O'Brien, the decathalon gold winner. When I read that, I
> >thought, "Well, unless he's a prick like Carl Lewis, it must be because
> >he's gay." Well, does anyone know if Dan O'Brien _is_ gay?
>
> I've heard Dan O'Brien recently say he just moved in with his
> girlfriend. He's also become somewhat of a Jesus freak.

A Jesus freak who just moved in with his girlfriend?!

Not that I doubt either Dan O. factoid, but that would mean he's living
in sin.

- Kathy, ASGTPR #79, always amazed how religious types will pick and
choose what rules will apply to them

PRINCESSPK

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

In article <01bb8545$48f9f900$254cadce@micron-p166>, "Gregg P."
<gre...@cris.com> writes:

>Majhool al-Kabeer <10233...@CompuServe.COM> blathered in article
><4ubslb$to$1...@mhadf.production.compuserve.com>...
>
>*bzzzzzbzzzzbzzz*bzzzzz*bzzzzzz*bzzzzzzzz"
>
>Huh? What was that? I would have sworn I heard someone say
>*something*. Oh, it must just be that annoying fly pestering us
>again. <Swat!>

Ahem! Methinks there's something foul afoot! A certain Little
Cretinous Monster, but I'm not naming names, you understand, has made
quite a to do about an unidentified moat as being the repository for
trolls who, having been dealt their just desserts, were unceremoniously
slipped beneath its floating, um, vegetation. Now, it seems, "It" walks
among us. Is someone having difficulties distinguishing between reality
and fantasy? Perhaps *someone* should adjust his medication? You know,
Thorazine doesn't work if you don't take it.
Pink wishes
The Princess \*****/

*NaNcY*

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

>In article <320938...@earthlink.net>, E M S <hot...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>Greg louganis is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>much ... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flaunting it
>>in your face....................... who would even have the stomach to
>>watch a commercial?

Flaunting what???? Just how the man makes poetry in motion when he dives?
Just how much natural talent he has and so many others would just wish they
had an ounce of?? Flaunting his good looks???? If you mean he is
flaunting his gayness....WHAT????? Simply because he came out publically?
Beyond that I don't have a clue what you mean by flaunting.

/\_____/\
/ o o \
( == ^ == )
) - (
( ) ULC Rev *NaNcY* ASGTPR#66
( ( ) ( ) ) keeper of the anti-FAQ
(__(__)___(__)__) http://www.rt66.com/~nlopez/

David Migicovsky

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

In article <320C4B...@ix.netcom.com>, Zorak <kath...@ix.netcom.com> opined to the huddled masses:

Not if they're living as brother and sister--non trailer park version that is.

sn...@pi.net

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96
to cs...@worldonline.nl

> Edwards told me that he had just mediated a dispute between the Black
> members of the US track and field team who took a vote to expel Lewis from
> the team even though they had no authority to do so. Edwards said they
> didn't want any gays on the team and he attributed their attitude to what
> he called pretty strong homophobia among American blacks.
>
> In 1988 British Decathlon champion Daley Thompson was interviewed on an
> ABC sports show wearing a sweatshirt which read The World's Second
> Greatest Athlete is Gay. The world's greatest athlete is considered the
> winner of the Decathlon and the second greatest is the winner of the 100
> metres (Carl Lewis).
>
> Thompson then gave a number of interviews to the British press calling
> Lewis a poofter.
>
> Neither of these facts prove Lewis is gay but they demonstrate that his
> peers certainly think so.

This always make me laugh. Who cares? In Holland we have high people in the
government who are gay or lesbian. Everybody knows, nobody cares, even the
christian politici don't care at all.
A lesbian minister died recently and her friend spoke on television at the
funeral.
--
Frank Engelen (no gay, but again: who cares?)
cs...@worldonline.nl

-=JR=-

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In article <320bddfc...@rt66.com>, nlo...@rt66.com says...

>>In article <320938...@earthlink.net>, E M S <hot...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
>>>Greg louganis is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>>much ... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flaunting it
>>>in your face....................... who would even have the stomach to
>>>watch a commercial?
>
>Flaunting what???? Just how the man makes poetry in motion when he dives?
>Just how much natural talent he has and so many others would just wish they
>had an ounce of?? Flaunting his good looks???? If you mean he is
>flaunting his gayness....WHAT????? Simply because he came out publically?
>Beyond that I don't have a clue what you mean by flaunting.

Actually, NaNcY, I think it's those georgous, sinuous, muscular Dalmations.
Those dogs are the epitome of grace and beauty. The poster is probably
worried about a cat-lovers' backlash (er, backleash?) but I, for one,
think they are lovely, and would enjoy watching them being flaunted
in a commercial.

-=Judith=-

DBJ

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In <320D96...@pi.net> sn...@pi.net writes:

>This always make me laugh. Who cares? In Holland we have high people in the
>government who are gay or lesbian. Everybody knows, nobody cares, even the
>christian politici don't care at all.
>A lesbian minister died recently and her friend spoke on television at the
>funeral.

I've never been to Holland, but it sounds like a really progressive
place.

Beverly

BD

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

Anson Turner wrote:

> In article <320D96...@pi.net>, sn...@pi.net wrote:
>
> : This always make me laugh. Who cares? In Holland we have high people in the

> : government who are gay or lesbian. Everybody knows, nobody cares, even the
> : christian politici don't care at all.
> : A lesbian minister died recently and her friend spoke on television at the
> : funeral.
>
>I've heard it said that ALL high people are gay or lesbian, not just those in the
government.

Steve Gilliard

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Of course Carl Lewis is gay. So were a lot of the athletes
in the Olympics.

I mean if you put the woman's softball team and the woman's
basketball team in the same room for a while with soft music
and low lights, you'd have a makeout party.

And what about our mutant gymnastics team. All those raging
teen hormones and no boys to be seen? C'mon. Let's get real.

Americans have a very difficult time dealing with
homosexuality and sports. Woman's basketball and softball,
at the college level and above, is long regarded as lesbian
friendly and I would bet that our olympic heroes reflect
that trend.

But Carl Lewis is such a dick his sexuality is not the
reason his peers hate him. Well, not the only reason.

Dan Reiley

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

In article <4unqul$j...@park.interport.net>,

Steve Gilliard <gill...@interport.net> wrote:
>Of course Carl Lewis is gay. So were a lot of the athletes
>in the Olympics.

I know actual information in "who's gay" discussions isn't
always welcome around here, but I remember a few years ago
when the gay games were relatively well-publicised that Carl
Lewis was reported to have competed. The implication in the
mainstream press was that he was gay. It was implied as strongly
as was Greg Lougainis' sexuality and a couple of out non-athletes.

--

Dan Reiley Naperville, IL

David Migicovsky

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Carl Lewis most definitely did *not* compete or participate in any official
way in the Gay Games, so this does not count as information, actual or
otherwise. He may have been in the audience (I have no way of knowing
that), but he wasn't there as any kind of participant. For what it's worth,
Greg Louganis didn't compete either, he gave a diving exhibition at the 1994
Gay Games in New York.

Amsterdam 1998!

-=JR=-

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

In article <kangaroo-090...@linuser14.li.net>, kang...@li.net
says...

>Speaking of, I was reading an article in the local paper here about all
>the commercial offers some athletes are now getting. They listed Amy Van
>Dyke, Kerri Strug (can you see her a motivational speaker??)

Don't you wonder what her voice would sound like if she tried helium?

-=JR=-

-=JR=-

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96

In article <83950412...@catya.demon.co.uk>, cnei...@catya.demon.co.uk
says...

>Majhool al-Kabeer <10233...@CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>
>>No way Carl Lewis is gay. If he were, he'd be dead of AIDS
>>by now.
>
>You *are* joking? If you was, your sense of humour is in need of
>serious therapy.
>If you wasn't, you need help - *period*.
>Run along, dear - you're wasting my time writing this to you - but
>my conscience is forcing me to tell you to fuck off, dear.
>
>BTW, excuse my bad language - I tend to get myself worked up
>like this because of stupid posts like yours.
>
>Catty (a very, very, very pissed off film bore)
>xx

Malfool is another troll who surfaces occasionally, he is also known
as Subbie, and - although annoying - is not as obnoxious as the late
unlamented geo.

-=JR=-

G. M. Lupo

Aug 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/14/96

Steve Gilliard wrote:

> And what about our mutant gymnastics team. All those raging
> teen hormones and no boys to be seen? C'mon. Let's get real.

What's the deal with this? Which "mutant" gymnastics team are you
referring to? I've never heard this rumor before. They seemed awful
"perky" when the Russian men showed up at the final exhibition.

blam

Aug 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/15/96

He was when we dated.

Hank

*NaNcY*

Aug 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/15/96

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996 08:35:14 GMT, bl...@nycnet.com (blam) wrote:

>He was when we dated.
>
>Hank

You don't think you can get away with just simiply saying this. We need
details man, details.

lea bob (again!)

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

jro...@ridgecrest.ca.us (-=JR=-) wrote:

i wonder if it's like giving a hyperactive kid Ritalin (which is a
stimulant) 'cause it corrects some imbalance and actually calms them -
she might sound normal.

lea ('cause if it made her voice higher, only dogs could hear her) bob
grooming the gnomes & touching up the mimes