Bitchfight: Paul Sorvino vs. Billy Corgan

EvelynR

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

From Cybersleaze:

MORE POST-VMA AWARDS FALL OUT: Apparently the place to be after the VMA
awards was at the party where SMASHING PUMPKINS frontman BILLY CORGAN was
hanging with his (drug) buddies in MARILYN MANSON and was acting rather,
well, "strange." Actor PAUL SORVINO was reportedly in no mood to hear it
from the bald balladeer when he began arguing with the elderly fellow and
calling his actress daughter (and Academy Award winner) MIRA SORVINO "a
fake." On hearing Corgan's off-color remarks, Sorvino was heard to reply,
"Don't you fucking talk about my daughter like that, I'll fucking kill
you." Oh dear. Other guests who were present for the lil' celeb catfight
including MADONNA, GWYNETH PALTROW, WINONA RYDER and the ever horse-faced
SHERYL CROW reportedly watched in stunned silence as the argument
escalated. Corgan finally backed down with the immortal line, "Whatever -
Jesus loves you, baby."

ApathyO

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

In article <19970909201...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
eve...@aol.com (EvelynR) writes:

there was a little more to it than that but i believe billy pumpkin might
have been a tiny bit upset that he didn't win any of the 4 awards the
pumpkins were up for this year..

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¥¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¥¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¥¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¥¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

http://www.starla.org/pprn/

"Popularity is nothing but the crumbs of greatness" ¤Victor Hugo¤

Michael Ritchie

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

>Apparently the place to be after the VMA
>awards was at the party where SMASHING PUMPKINS frontman BILLY CORGAN was
>hanging with his (drug) buddies in MARILYN MANSON and was acting rather,
>well, "strange." Actor PAUL SORVINO was reportedly in no mood to hear it
>from the bald balladeer when he began arguing with the elderly fellow and
>calling his actress daughter (and Academy Award winner) MIRA SORVINO "a
>fake." On hearing Corgan's off-color remarks, Sorvino was heard to reply,
>"Don't you fucking talk about my daughter like that, I'll fucking kill
>you." Oh dear.

From Sorvino's lips to God's ears. Billy Corgan is an overhyped
little turd who can't sing worth shit.

--M., which I guess doesn't really mean he should be killed,
but perhaps at least roughed up a little

Writrblock

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

separated at birth?:

billy corgan and the chubby boy on "small wonder"--the
show about little girl robot. amazing facial resemblance...

ApathyO

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

In article <ritchie.1.1...@osu.edu>, ritc...@osu.edu (Michael
Ritchie) writes:

>On hearing Corgan's off-color remarks, Sorvino was heard to reply,
>>"Don't you fucking talk about my daughter like that, I'll fucking kill
>>you." Oh dear.

while rereading i thought.. wow..such strong word's paul had for some puny
put-down from an alterna-rocker... is it the family's history of being in
the mafia(and losing tempers) which contributed to the reaction?
i mean "ill fucking kill you"? death threats aren't very pretty in
print.. i've read bad things written about her before.. so is he going to
kill everyone who isn't awed by her so-called acting ability?
btw..anyone seen romy and michelle's HS reunion? the only person in the
whole movie with talent was janeane garfalo <sp?>.

EvelynR

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

In article <19970910203...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
apa...@aol.com (ApathyO) writes:

>On hearing Corgan's off-color remarks, Sorvino was heard to reply,
>>>"Don't you fucking talk about my daughter like that, I'll fucking kill
>>>you." Oh dear.
>
>while rereading i thought.. wow..such strong word's paul had for some puny
>put-down from an alterna-rocker... is it the family's history of being in
>the mafia(and losing tempers) which contributed to the reaction?
> i mean "ill fucking kill you"? death threats aren't very pretty in
>print.. i've read bad things written about her before.. so is he going to
>kill everyone who isn't awed by her so-called acting ability?

I read someplace that Paul didn't spend much time with Mira when she was
growing up, so maybe he's overreacting now because he feels guilty about
that. Or else he couldn't be bothered paying attention to her until she
became famous.

Evelyn, who usually loves Italian men but thinks Paul is kind of creepy

Robin Colleen Moore

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

>In article <ritchie.1.1...@osu.edu>, ritc...@osu.edu (Michael

>Ritchie) writes:

>>On hearing Corgan's off-color remarks, Sorvino was heard to reply,
>>>"Don't you fucking talk about my daughter like that, I'll fucking kill
>>>you." Oh dear.

>while rereading i thought.. wow..such strong word's paul had for some puny
>put-down from an alterna-rocker... is it the family's history of being in
>the mafia(and losing tempers) which contributed to the reaction?
> i mean "ill fucking kill you"? death threats aren't very pretty in
>print.. i've read bad things written about her before.. so is he going to
>kill everyone who isn't awed by her so-called acting ability?

>btw..anyone seen romy and michelle's HS reunion? the only person in the
>whole movie with talent was janeane garfalo <sp?>.

Sure, it's strong language, but that's his *kid* Corgan's shooting his big
mouth off about, which means the gloves are *off*, once and for all. It's
not even a question of Mira's acting ability, but a family thing--you just
*don't* start insulting someone like that in front of their family, especially
their dad who damn near cried a river when his little girl got her Oscar..it's
just *NOT* cool, and I for one would have PAID to see Sorvino take a chunk out
of Corgan...but that's just MHO.

Robin the mad photographer (not exactly the world's biggest Billy Corgan fan,
if you know what I mean)

robin(at)mindspring(dot)com--Beware of photographers bearing brownies!
Mad Photographer/Net Goddess/Mama Hen/Jezebel's cat-mom/ASGTPR#57
"I'm sorry I didn't call you, but first I lost your number, and then
I got arrested!"/heater shirt info--http://www.amnin.com/heater.htm

ApathyO

Sep 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/14/97

In article <robin.259...@mindspring.com>, ro...@mindspring.com
(Robin Colleen Moore) writes:

>Sure, it's strong language, but that's his *kid* Corgan's shooting his big
>mouth off about, which means the gloves are *off*, once and for all.

well mr macho italian man can cry me a river..i still think it was lame on
both sides.. billy was quite stupid to say something nasty to that old man
and the old man was stupid for flipping out..sticks and stones and all
that.. he IS an actor ya know..words don't mean a thing..
what was paul sorvino doing at a maddy's labels vma party anyways.. that's
the real question..

<<Robin the mad photographer (not exactly the world's biggest Billy Corgan
fan,
if you know what I mean)>>

im assuming you've met him before..judging from your reply he musta been a
pig to you....he's never been one to me yet.. he's actually been very good
to me.. but there is all the history to take into consideration..

funnier then gothboy sitting at home in big sur smoking crack and NOT
working on a new album? funnier than the pumpkin king doing some verbal
sparring with the mob king?
chris vrenna dumped gothboy for billy pumpkin and then dumped billy
pumpkin for AXL ROSE..

this one threw me for a loop

Jon James

Apr 11, 2021, 8:48:51 AM4/11/21
On Sunday, September 14, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, ApathyO wrote:

1997!? Paul Sorvino, Billy Corgan? How the hell did I even get here?! I was 9 years old when these were written. Anyways. I come from the future! To give you all a brief rundown of the future. Its not really as amazing or cool as the 2000s will claim it is. We don't sit in air pods, flying cars do not exist yet. Music started to get pretty bad in the late late 90s early 2000s (I'd argue late 1997 as the beginning of the end. Post-2001, its been nothing but endless wars, stagnant wages, reality TV, and a global pandemic, and people are glued to overprice phones that do everything for them; including wiping their own ass for them. My suggestion is to stay in 1997!