Self-hating Latina Jessica Alba trashes "those people" in scandalous interview: finally cut loose"

1 view

Taylor

Jan 12, 2008, 5:32:42 PM1/12/08
A Little History Lesson
Filed under: Icky Icky Poo > Latinolicious > Jessica Alba

People often ask, "Why do you dislike Jessica "Don't Call Me Latina"
Alba so much?"

We'll let her words speak for themselves.

Here are just a few choice quotes from Alba.

She says:

"I've got cousins galore. Mexicans just spread all their seeds. And
the women just pop them out."

"My grandfather was the only Mexican at his college, the only Hispanic
person at work and the only one at the all-white country club. He
tried to forget his Mexican roots, because he never wanted his kids to
be made to feel different in America. He and my grandmother didn't
speak Spanish to their children. Now, as a third-generation American,
I feel as if I have finally cut loose."

"My grandfather was the only one in our family to go to college. He
made a choice not to speak Spanish in the house. He didn't want his
kids to be different."

"[Before] I always felt like such an outcast and now I feel like
people are more diverse ethnically. I was always self conscience of my
puffy lips and darker skin when I was a kid, because I felt like I
didn't fit in. And now its mainstream, and color isn't as big of a
deal and if anything its better."

"My whole life, when I was growing up, not one race has ever accepted
me, ... So I never felt connected or attached to any race specifically.
I had a very American upbringing, I feel American, and I don't speak
Spanish. So, to say that I'm a Latin actress, OK, but it's not
fitting; it would be insincere."

"Alba is my last name and I'm proud of that. But that's it. My
grandparents were born in California, the same as my parents, and
though I may be proud of my last name, I'm American. Throughout my
whole life, I've never felt connected to one particular race or
heritage, nor did I feel accepted by any. If you break it down, I'm
less Latina than Cameron Diaz, whose father is Cuban. But people don't
call her Latina because she's blonde."

[Image via JPI Studios.]

http://perezhilton.com/2008-01-12-a-little-history-lesson

DaveJohnson12@nomail

Jan 12, 2008, 6:11:33 PM1/12/08
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:32:42 -0800 (PST), Taylor <tay...@live.ca>
wrote:

It sounds like she's saying she wasn't accepted because she's half
White and half Mexican. She's made some dumb comments but I didn't see
any listed above.

Who do people think is more of an asshole, Perez Hilton or Jessica
Alba?

Message has been deleted

Audie Murphy's Ghost

Jan 12, 2008, 6:50:30 PM1/12/08
In article <Xns9A23AF63...@64.209.0.81>, It's the Principle!
<bran...@kittylitternewsguy.com> wrote:

> <DaveJohnson12@nomail.> wrote in alt.showbiz.gossip:

> I don't see anything wrong with her comments. The truth isn't
> always politically correct.

Well said, Brandy. My great-grandmother was Iroquois. Does that make
me an Indian? Does Alba's grandfather having been Mexican really make
her a "Latina"? The answer is no.

If I were seven-eighths Irish and one-eighth black, I'd be considered
black in this country. But if I were one-eighth Italian, I'd be
considered Irish. The way we categorize race makes no damned sense
whatsoever.

Righteous Dude

Jan 12, 2008, 7:08:55 PM1/12/08

You shouldn't use Audie Murphy's name.

rhino

Jan 12, 2008, 7:28:44 PM1/12/08

"Audie Murphy's Ghost" <takebac...@2008.com> wrote in message

That's because the whole idea of race makes no damned sense. As far as I'm
concerned there's only one race of any importance: the human race.

--

Rhino

crystal

Jan 12, 2008, 7:31:26 PM1/12/08
On Jan 12, 6:11 pm, DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:32:42 -0800 (PST), Taylor <tayl...@live.ca>

Is this a trick question? Pigez Hilton is definitely the biggest
asshole on the planet and a disgrace to gay men everywhere.

Crystal

Taylor

Jan 12, 2008, 7:37:59 PM1/12/08
>                                                             Crystal- Hide quoted text -

Plus, I hear his anus has gone from an "innie" to an "outie". :-o

Steven L.

Jan 12, 2008, 8:34:03 PM1/12/08

OK, I'll bite:

Which of her comments is factually incorrect?

It sounds like she's proud of being just an American, rather than being
a "Hispanic" or a "Mexican-American." And I respect her for it.

--
Steven L.
Email: sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

It's the Principle!

Jan 12, 2008, 8:44:10 PM1/12/08
Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebac...@2008.com> wrote in
rec.arts.tv:

My ancestry hails from northern Europe. I have roots in England,
Holland, Scotland, and even Italy if you go way back. I embrace one
or the other based on my mood. I mostly go between saying I'm Dutch
to saying I'm English. I don't see why it's such a horrible thing
for a person of... more perceptively different backgrounds to feel
closer to one over another. She's genetically caucasian, so who
cares if one day she decides she feel more Mexican and another day
not? Halle Berry can say she's white any day she likes because
that's the have she has an affinity with. I haven't seen pictures
of her father, but chances are she's more white than black because
many black people in the US are not 100%.

It's just so friggin' stupid what people get themselves in a knot
over.

--
Brandy Alexandre

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew
he never would be found out. -- Thomas Babington Macaulay

crystal

Jan 12, 2008, 9:15:31 PM1/12/08
On Jan 12, 8:44 pm, "It's the Principle!"
<brandy...@kittylitternewsguy.com> wrote:

> It's just so friggin' stupid what people get themselves in a knot
> over.
>
> --
> Brandy Alexandre

Especially when what Pigez really has his pink panties in a wad over
is the fact that Jessica Alba pressured her agency to drop Paris
Hilton, and since he worships at her size 11 feet he couldn't possibly
let Jessica get away with it. Funny thing is, I doubt she cares what
the little worm or his ignorant little high school girl fans say about
her.

Crystal

Italy94

Jan 12, 2008, 10:09:53 PM1/12/08
Political Correctness is a mental illness, I am glad so see Jes is
normal.

Joe

Jan 13, 2008, 1:20:33 AM1/13/08
"Steven L." wrote:
> Which of her comments is factually incorrect?
>
> It sounds like she's proud of being just an American,
> rather than being a "Hispanic" or a "Mexican-American."
> And I respect her for it.

Exactly. People trying to force a 'Latino Heritage' on her are the
hypocrites. She was not raised in that culture. She's not saying she's
better off for it, just that it's not who she is.

Audie Murphy's Ghost

Jan 13, 2008, 1:54:57 AM1/13/08
In article <nEcij.746$Ca7...@newsfe07.phx>, Righteous Dude
<no...@hotmail.uk> wrote:

That's your answer to all this?

Are you, like, some sort of cartoon that escaped?

doomella

Jan 13, 2008, 7:06:29 AM1/13/08

>>"My whole life, when I was growing up, not one race has ever accepted
>>me, ... So I never felt connected or attached to any race specifically.
>>I had a very American upbringing, I feel American, and I don't speak
>>Spanish. So, to say that I'm a Latin actress, OK, but it's not
>>fitting; it would be insincere."

Wow. She's cute, but she sure sounds awfully simple. I can't figure out why
she's making such a colossal deal out of this. Maybe there's something wrong
with me, but isn't it kind of ludicrous for someone who's trying to make her
Latin roots vanish to accuse those who don't comply of being "insincere"?
If she learned Swedish, would she consider herself a Swede?

She's an American, but she's clearly of Mexican descent regardless of
whether or not she speaks Spanish or feels"attached" to Mexicans. She looks
Mexican, she has Mexican blood, so people may occasionally mention the fact.
Yeah, yeah, I get what she's so eager to convey, that she's nothing like
*those* Mexicans--the seed-spreading baby-poppers ( though isn't she about
to pop out her first?). Imagine Lucy Liu issuing a plea that people stop
referring to her as a Chinese-American actress because she's never worked in
a rice field or helped assemble scented glitter marker sets or squeezable
plastic bath toys.

>>"Alba is my last name and I'm proud of that. But that's it.

"Alba" means "white" in Latin and Spanish. You've gotta kind of love that.

donGoliano

Jan 13, 2008, 11:19:18 AM1/13/08

"crystal" <rpj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

And Latinos in general.

donGoliano

Jan 13, 2008, 11:26:18 AM1/13/08

"doomella" <doome...@gmail.com> wrote in message

In Spanish, "blanca" means "white" and "alba" means "dawn".

doomella

Jan 13, 2008, 12:15:03 PM1/13/08
On Jan 13, 11:26 am, "donGoliano" <d...@goliano.net> wrote:
> "doomella" <doomell...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In Spanish, "blanca" means "white" and "alba" means "dawn".-

It also means "white."

Righteous Dude

Jan 13, 2008, 12:52:35 PM1/13/08
Audie Murphy's Ghost wrote:
> In article <nEcij.746$Ca7...@newsfe07.phx>, Righteous Dude
> <no...@hotmail.uk> wrote:
>
>> Audie Murphy's Ghost wrote:
>>> Well said, Brandy. My great-grandmother was Iroquois. Does that make
>>> me an Indian? Does Alba's grandfather having been Mexican really make
>>> her a "Latina"? The answer is no.
>>>
>>> If I were seven-eighths Irish and one-eighth black, I'd be considered
>>> black in this country. But if I were one-eighth Italian, I'd be
>>> considered Irish. The way we categorize race makes no damned sense
>>> whatsoever.
>> You shouldn't use Audie Murphy's name.
>

> That's your answer to all this?
>
> Are you, like, some sort of cartoon that escaped?

Are you a wannabe, using the name of a hero? You wouldn't make a pimple
on Audie Murphy's ass.

gator enforcer

Jan 13, 2008, 1:47:40 PM1/13/08
On Jan 12, 6:50 pm, Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebackamer...@2008.com>
wrote:
> In article <Xns9A23AF63E1C948675...@64.209.0.81>, It's the Principle!

> <brandy...@kittylitternewsguy.com> wrote:
> > <DaveJohnson12@nomail.> wrote in alt.showbiz.gossip:
>
> > > On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:32:42 -0800 (PST), Taylor <tayl...@live.ca>

Right on man. The irony is we're so mixed as Americans we don't know
what we really are. I'm just an American and damn proud of it.

Audie Murphy's Ghost

Jan 13, 2008, 11:05:31 PM1/13/08
In article <ydsij.1176$855...@newsfe12.phx>, Howdy Doody
<no...@hotmail.uk> wrote:

> Audie Murphy's Ghost wrote:

> >> You shouldn't use Audie Murphy's name.
> >

> > That's your answer to all this?
> >
> > Are you, like, some sort of cartoon that escaped?
>
> Are you a wannabe, using the name of a hero? You wouldn't make a pimple
> on Audie Murphy's ass.

I know you're in love with me, Howdy, but I fear that I am betrothed to
another.

Thanatos

Jan 16, 2008, 2:50:51 AM1/16/08
In article <4789fec5$0$18428$4c36...@roadrunner.com>,
"doomella" <doome...@gmail.com> wrote:

No, blanco is the word for white. Alba means something like "morning".

doomella

Jan 16, 2008, 3:54:15 AM1/16/08
On Jan 16, 2:50 am, Thanatos <atro...@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <4789fec5$0$18428$4c368...@roadrunner.com>,

Yeah, it means "dawn." It also means "white." Since you seem to rely
on online dictionaries/translation engines, perhaps this is what it
will take to convince you:
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dict_en_es/spanish/albo;_ylt=AtvK1Dbp54xXNFlwlhEg1vREycsF

Agent Smith

Jan 16, 2008, 6:22:07 AM1/16/08
Thanatos <atr...@mac.com> wrote in

Alba means "dawn." Inventing a self-deifying name revals her
narcissism, which we already suspected from her behavior, before we
examined the name.

Audie Murphy's Ghost

Jan 16, 2008, 7:12:15 AM1/16/08
In article <Xns9A2740CE6CE79ag...@207.115.33.102>, Agent
Smith <agent...@two-blocks-on-your-left.com> wrote:

Yeah, there she goes, inventing a self-deifying name for herself --
except that her birth name is Jessica Marie Alba. Did "we" ever
examine that?

Agent Smith

Jan 16, 2008, 7:32:08 AM1/16/08
Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebac...@2008.com> wrote in

Link please.

Audie Murphy's Ghost

Jan 16, 2008, 8:52:03 AM1/16/08
In article <Xns9A274CADBFDDFag...@207.115.17.102>, Agent
Smith <agent...@two-blocks-on-your-left.com> wrote:

> >> Alba means "dawn." Inventing a self-deifying name revals her
> >> narcissism, which we already suspected from her behavior, before we
> >> examined the name.
> >
> > Yeah, there she goes, inventing a self-deifying name for herself --
> > except that her birth name is Jessica Marie Alba. Did "we" ever
> > examine that?
>
> Link please.

IMDb, among many other sources. Do your own homework.

Agent Smith

Jan 16, 2008, 10:37:46 AM1/16/08
Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebac...@2008.com> wrote in

I recognize a fake name when I see one. Prove your point or hit the
bricks.

doomella

Jan 16, 2008, 12:21:12 PM1/16/08
On Jan 16, 10:37 am, Agent Smith <agent-sm...@two-blocks-on-your-
left.com> wrote:
> Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebackamer...@2008.com> wrote innews:160120080852038005%takebac...@2008.com:
>

> > In article <Xns9A274CADBFDDFagentsmithtwobloc...@207.115.17.102>,
> > Agent Smith <agent-sm...@two-blocks-on-your-left.com> wrote:
>
> >> Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebackamer...@2008.com> wrote in

> >> Link please.
>
> > IMDb, among many other sources.  Do your own homework.
>
> I recognize a fake name when I see one.  Prove your point or hit the
> bricks.-

You're the one who made the "point." You prove that she invented her
name and that her father isn't called Mark Alba.

Audie Murphy's Ghost

Jan 16, 2008, 4:26:11 PM1/16/08
In article <Xns9A276C26A3C0Cag...@207.115.33.102>, Agent
Smith <agent...@two-blocks-on-your-left.com> wrote:

> Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebac...@2008.com> wrote in
>
> > In article <Xns9A274CADBFDDFag...@207.115.17.102>,
> > Agent Smith <agent...@two-blocks-on-your-left.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebac...@2008.com> wrote in

> >> Link please.
> >
> > IMDb, among many other sources. Do your own homework.
>
> I recognize a fake name when I see one. Prove your point or hit the
> bricks.

You're the one who has something to prove. Come up with a "real" birth
name, or fuck off.

"Link please." Jesus, what a lameass.

samvaknin

Jan 18, 2008, 3:28:11 PM1/18/08
Celebrity narcissists

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faq19.html

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/journal73.html

For a more detailed view of pathological narcissism and the
Narcissistic
Personality Disorder (NPD) - click on these links:

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/npdglance.html

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/narcissismglance.html

Other Personality Disorders

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faqpd.html

Take care.

Sam

Lefty

Jan 18, 2008, 4:16:52 PM1/18/08
On Jan 16, 4:26 pm, Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebackamer...@2008.com>
wrote:
> In article <Xns9A276C26A3C0Cagentsmithtwobloc...@207.115.33.102>, Agent
>

> Smith <agent-sm...@two-blocks-on-your-left.com> wrote:
> > Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebackamer...@2008.com> wrote in

> > > IMDb, among many other sources. Do your own homework.
>
> > I recognize a fake name when I see one. Prove your point or hit the
> > bricks.
>
> You're the one who has something to prove. Come up with a "real" birth
> name, or fuck off.
>
> "Link please." Jesus, what a lameass.

Okay, I got curious.

Here's what Wiki has;

"Alba was born in Pomona, California, the daughter of Catherine (née
Jensen), who is Danish American on her father's side and French
American on her mother's side, and Mark Alba, who is Mexican American
(though both of his parents were born in California)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Alba

Also see IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004695/bio

It would appear that Alba is indeed her birth name.

Agent Smith

Jan 18, 2008, 7:13:26 PM1/18/08
Lefty <lefty_t...@yahoo.ca> wrote in

Thank you very much. Some people would rather engage in name calling
than debate their point. Considering the vast quantity of lies spread
on the internet, it amazes me that somebody would be such a narcissist
as to tell the other person, in a debate, to prove his point for him.

What a nutjob. He may be right, but with a anti-social attitude like
that, I'll bet that he doesn't have any friends at all. He's certainly
in my killfile, and I didn't even know that he was still calling me
names, until his comments got echoed in your reply.

Thanks for clearing that up, but the asshole stays in my killfile. ;)

Audie Murphy's Ghost

Jan 19, 2008, 12:00:18 AM1/19/08
In article <Xns9A29C39677C6Aag...@207.115.33.102>, Agent
Smith <agent...@two-blocks-on-your-left.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much. Some people would rather engage in name calling
> than debate their point. Considering the vast quantity of lies spread
> on the internet, it amazes me that somebody would be such a narcissist
> as to tell the other person, in a debate, to prove his point for him.

Which is, of course, exactly what you did to me. Transference much?

BTW, that wasn't a "debate." Jessica Alba's name at birth is a fact.
I pointed you to IMDb. You still refused to accept it and demanded I
"prove my point" or "hit the bricks." I don't know whether you meant
me to search birth records, or simply hack into somebody's computer in
California, or what. In any case, that was an example of you
ignorantly challenging a fact because you knew a phony name when you
saw one -- which, of course, you didn't. You are profoundly stupid,
Smitty.

> What a nutjob. He may be right, but with a anti-social attitude like
> that, I'll bet that he doesn't have any friends at all.

Oh, wow. You cut right to the heart of the thing. I'll just have to
take over the world instead. To me, my minions!

> He's certainly
> in my killfile, and I didn't even know that he was still calling me
> names, until his comments got echoed in your reply.

Funny how that happens.

> Thanks for clearing that up, but the asshole stays in my killfile. ;)

Glad to see you're taking the high road here, you silly bitch.

William December Starr

Jan 21, 2008, 2:29:42 AM1/21/08
Agent Smith <agent...@two-blocks-on-your-left.com> said:

>>> Link please.
>>
>> IMDb, among many other sources. Do your own homework.
>
> I recognize a fake name when I see one. Prove your point or hit the
> bricks.

So when _you_ claim that "Jessica Alba" is not her birth name,
the burden of proof is on _other people_ to prove you wrong?

--
William December Starr <wds...@panix.com>

claud...@googlemail.com

Jan 21, 2008, 4:48:07 AM1/21/08
I wonder if these were answers to questions rather than just her
coming out with these things.

Agent Smith

Jan 21, 2008, 7:10:20 AM1/21/08
wds...@panix.com (William December Starr) wrote in

You figured that right out, didja Socrates? That's how debate works -
you prove the point you're making. Anything else is just monkey boy
posturing.

doomella

Jan 21, 2008, 12:00:47 PM1/21/08
On Jan 21, 7:10 am, Agent Smith <agent-sm...@two-blocks-on-your-
left.com> wrote:
> wdst...@panix.com (William December Starr) wrote innews:fn1hl6$i4o$1...@panix1.panix.com:

> >> I recognize a fake name when I see one.  Prove your point or hit the
> >> bricks.
>
> > So when _you_ claim that "Jessica Alba" is not her birth name,
> > the burden of proof is on _other people_ to prove you wrong?
>
> You figured that right out, didja Socrates?  That's how debate works -
> you prove the point you're making.  Anything else is just monkey boy
> posturing.-

You sure did a stellar job debating and backing up the point you
invented.

"Inventing (sic) a self-deifying name revals her narcissism, which we

already suspected from her behavior, before we
examined the name."

~~ Agent Smith: Scientist......Inventor....Masterdebater.