Celebrities whose last names are verbs

Bodhisattva

Apr 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/19/00
Present tense:

Wesley Snipes
example: "As a military sharpshooter, Lt. Wesley snipes targets hundreds of
yards away."

Russell Means
example: "By saying that he would like to apear in "Captain Ron II: The
Ship of Funky Love," Kurt Russell means that he would like to end his acting
career as soon as possible."

Past tense:

Michael Learned
example: "While shooting the Pepsi commercial, Michael learned a painful
lesson about the flammability of hair gel."

Imperative:

Gordon Jump
example: "Hey, Gordon -- jump!"

....now, add your own ideas!

Bodhisattva

Apr 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/19/00
Present tense:

Traci Lords
example: "Traci lords it over her former porno colleagues, because she won
several non-pornographic acting roles and they did not."

Past tense:

Samantha Sang
example: "In the 1970s, Samantha sang a song called "Emotions," featuring
the Bee Gees as back-up voclists."

Imperative:

Judith Light
example: "Judith, light the sabbath candles."

Jimmyblue3

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
Present Tense:

Beau Bridges:
example: "Beau bridges the generation gap between his father Lloyd and brother
Jeff."

George Burns:
example: "George burns the carpet with ashes from his cigar."

Hugh Downs:
example: "Hugh downs several cups of coffee before going on to the set."

Jeremy Irons:
example: "Jeremy irons his own costume instead of having the costume designer
do it."

Imperative:

Johnny Cash:
example: "Johnny, cash the check from the record company."

Grant Show:
example: "Grant, show me what you've done since you left 'Melrose place'."

Jim_d

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
Jeesh I figured

Tom Cruise

Would be high on the list

"Jimmyblue3" <jimmy...@aol.com> wrote in message

blettner

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00

All I can think of is Joanna Going

Adrian Shelton

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
heard a stand-up comic base an excellent routine based on this premise. part
of it went something like -

"where does john cougar mellencamp?"

"who paid johnny cash?"

my own feeble attempts -

"does tom cruise?"

"his clothes had a rip, torn by the barbed wire."

sorry

Bodhisattva

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
Past tense:

William Hurt

example #1: "William hurt his career by appearing in so many
science-fiction movies."

example #2: "William hurt his shoulder by hurling himself the wall so many
times in the final scene of Altered States."

example #3: "William hurt my feelings by refusing to give me his
autograph."

Jinxblues

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
Elizabeth, taylor my spring frock . . .

TomLadshaw

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
"Is Jean Smart?" (Yeah, I know it's an adjective....)

"Dixie Carter skirt in the door...."

"Did anyone else see Delta Burke that lugie?"

"Did Meschach Taylor those thongs?"

"Truthfully, Annie Potts them all to shame...."

(thus completing my "Designing Women" tribute...)

"Yo, Mario....Peebles are talkin' 'bout ya."

"Frank....Converse with someone else."

"I think Richard Burton off more than he could chew." (Ok, it's a stretch...)

"Watch how Britney Spears that fish...."

"I've heard Mel Brooks interference from no one..."

"How could Max Baer being in the Beverly Hillbillies?"

.
.Hey...This is FUN!

Tom
.
Tom Ladshaw
"The STUDIO"
Specializing in Used & Collectible Magic Apparatus & Books
New Orleans, LA

Bodhisattva

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
"Peter, I'd like you to meet Jim, Breuer of Happy Times Beer."

"I would have liked to see Chevy Chase his agent after his talk show
tanked."

"For the thousandth time, Billy, Crystal does not go with Stouffer's Chessy
Spaghetti Bake."

"Ever since leaving SNL, what has Nora Dunn?"

"Which moron had Mary Gross out the audience by having her appear in
lingerie?"

"Dude. The salted pretzels made Andy Kauf, man."

"You have to put postage on those leaflets, Al -- Franken privilege is only
for members of congress sending mail to their constituents." (insert loud
groan here)

"The producers told Jay, 'Mohr of your Christopher Walken impression,
please!' "

"Jan Hooks me with her over-the-top characterizations."

"Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio. Sanz the putrid stench of death,
of course."

"Why is Martin Short?"

"Martin, Short of sound judgment, agreed to star in 'Clifford.' "

"Christopher Guest that SNL would be his ticket to stardom, but he lasted
only one or two seasons."

"This is my groundskeeper, Harry -- Shearer of bushes, and disposer of
miscellaneous waste products."

"Ladies and gentlemen, my musical director, my hairstylist, my best friend,
my wardrobe consultant, my great aunt and chief legal counsel, Paul --
Shaffer of his lovely, hairless, head. How's it going, boys!"

"Doing his part to control the canine population, David Spade his golden
retriever. But many celebrities would like to see David Spade instead."

"I need a place to sleep, Eddie. Murphy bed would be fine."

"Watch Chris Rock the house with his penetrating insights into race
relations in America."

"Lorne, Michaels segment is running long again. Let him do the Lenny &
Squiggy thing next week."

"One of my favorite sketch comedians is John. GoodMan for hosting so often,
but technically speaking he was never a regular cast member."

Bodhisattva

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
"Leave now if you want to get some bargains, Eriq. La Salle will be over at
9pm tonight. Oh, and you might want to pick up the letter U to go with that
unmatched Q in your first name."

"I enjoyed Ming-Na Wen she was on The Single Guy."

"Would I go on a date with Ming? Na."

"Hey Michael, Michele listed as your last name.... is it possible that they
got your name backwards? You don't really look like a Michael...."

"Yes, Gloria, Reuben sandwiches are one of my favorites, even though they're
not the most healthy dish available."

"Anthony, Edwards new movie has Ben Stiller in it. Can't be all that bad."

"Give Paul a McCrane so he can handle those enormous McNuggets without
getting his hands McDirty."

"I'd like to see Laura Innes saucy, comic role -- it would be a good
contrast to her serious characterization of Dr. Kerry Weaver."

"I had a conversation with Noah Wyle he was posing for a GQ photo shoot."

"I can't talk now, William -- Macy Thanskgiving Day Parade is starting."

"It's not a Quarter Thumper, CCH -- Pounder, Quarter Pounder."

"Alan Alda thank his agent for getting him a five-episode stint on ER this
season."

"I heard Maria Bello at the writers for not doinf a better job of developing
her character."

"Maury, Tierney-eyed after hearing about the cancellation of NewsRadio,
cheered up after winning a regular role on TV's top-rated drama."

Pennwryn

Apr 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/21/00
>William Hurt
>>example #1: "William hurt his career by appearing in so many
>>science-fiction movies."

William hurt one of his girlfriends.

larson

Apr 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/21/00
"I think Richard Burton off more than he could chew." (Ok, it's a
> stretch...)
>
> Oy! Well, if we're going to go that way....
>
> "Courtney Cox (cocks) her pistol."
> "Jan Hooks viewers on her offbeat comic personas."
> "Sammo Hung the portrait of Arsenio in his living room."
> "Jim, Carrey the untalented supporting cast of this movie."
>
> > Hey...This is FUN!
>
> Yes it is! I enjoy it.

Sal Minieo minde your P's & Q's < u had 2 b there with the accent and all >.

G8rChemEng

Apr 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/22/00
"Bodhisattva" <Fla...@concentric.net> wrote in message

Great Stuff :)
Laurie

--
One does not know the true meaning of entropy until one has owned a kitten
--lgs

krom...@my-deja.com

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
This game sucks, Will Ferrell.

Andy K.

In article <8dod23$r...@journal.concentric.net>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

syn...@hotmail.com

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
On 20 Apr 2000 21:26:06 GMT, tomla...@aol.com (TomLadshaw) wrote:

Listen to Russell Crow(e) about his new movie.

Look at Andy Dick around on TV.

Spotz

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
Can Fredric March?

Who does Chevy Chase?

Will Eugene Levy a fine against me?

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:51:17 -0400, "Jimmy" <jrm...@frontiernet.net>
wrote:

>Bodhisattva wrote in message <8dni2k$m...@journal.concentric.net>...
>>Past tense:

>>William Hurt
>>example #1: "William hurt his career by appearing in so many
>>science-fiction movies."
>

>I ask the question: "Can Tuesday Weld?"
>
> Jimmy Murphy
><jrm...@frontiernet.net>
>
>Life after death? I'd settle for a life *before* death.

Buddy Romaine

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00

Is Sharon stoned?
Who does Tom cruise?

Bodhisattva

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
(no longer limiting myself to verbs)

Mike Wallace is a dangerous interviewer.... Is Morley Safer?

Would Dan Rather work for another network?

Tom Brokaw(l) of his teeth, that's why he talks that way.

Your secrets will soon be public, because Diane Sawyer diary.

That guy Bernard Shaw asks some tough questions.

Buddy Romaine <amitc...@email.com> wrote in message

rooster

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
Courtney Loves pot
She won't Cher it with anyone
I keep telling her not to Bogart that joint.

--
rooster

janfb...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2015, 1:14:33 PM9/20/15
Tom Waits, while Jeremy Irons.

jacob...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2015, 2:08:05 AM9/25/15
And Ben Folds.

stephenga...@gmail.com

May 22, 2018, 8:00:27 AM5/22/18
On Wednesday, April 19, 2000 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Bodhisattva wrote:
> Present tense:
>
> Wesley Snipes
> example: "As a military sharpshooter, Lt. Wesley snipes targets hundreds of
> yards away."
>
> Russell Means
> example: "By saying that he would like to apear in "Captain Ron II: The
> Ship of Funky Love," Kurt Russell means that he would like to end his acting
> career as soon as possible."
>
> Past tense:
>
> Michael Learned
> example: "While shooting the Pepsi commercial, Michael learned a painful
> lesson about the flammability of hair gel."
>
> Imperative:
>
> Gordon Jump
> example: "Hey, Gordon -- jump!"
>
> ....now, add your own ideas!