Troy Aikman is NOT a Homosexual

DXXQFNZ

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

Yeah Its Me wrote:

> For a "man" that has 10 other guys following him around all the time I
> would say that the odds are probably a little greater that he is.

Of course he is. So is Steve Young. You don't believe that any
straight Mormon male is going to be unmarried at his age?

The Great Cornholio

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

On Mon, 06 Jan 1997 11:34:51 -0300, DXXQFNZ <dxx...@no.spam.dammit>
wrote:

there is a cowboy's sports bar and grill in Valley Ranch, near where
Troy lives, where some of the cowboy players go to see the fans and
eat and have a good time. I was there once having dinner and I saw
Troy come in by himself and leave with a guy that looked a bit swishy.

Too bad the boys lost, now they need to lose Switzer!!

hmmm

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

Welcome to the killfile, asshole

Rob...@ix.netcom.com

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97
to DXXQFNZ

DXXQFNZ wrote:

> Yeah Its Me wrote:
> >
> > For a "man" that has 10 other guys following him around all the time I
> > would say that the odds are probably a little greater that he is.
>
> Of course he is. So is Steve Young. You don't believe that any
> straight Mormon male is going to be unmarried at his age?

This just in........... Steve Young is getting married..... That leaves
Troy "The Boy Toy"

julesdlr

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

The Great Cornholio wrote:

> there is a cowboy's sports bar and grill in Valley Ranch, near where
> Troy lives, where some of the cowboy players go to see the fans and
> eat and have a good time. I was there once having dinner and I saw
> Troy come in by himself and leave with a guy that looked a bit swishy.

I DO NOT LOOK SWISHY! Okay, maybe just a little.

Sincerely,

Jules

brent and misty

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

DXXQFNZ <dxx...@no.spam.dammit> wrote in article
<32D10D...@no.spam.dammit>...

> Yeah Its Me wrote:
> >
> > For a "man" that has 10 other guys following him around all the time I
> > would say that the odds are probably a little greater that he is.
>
> Of course he is. So is Steve Young. You don't believe that any
> straight Mormon male is going to be unmarried at his age?

Hmmm...I thought that Troy Aikman was the guy who allegedly (or definitely,
I never heard any more about it) beat Tawny Kitaen (that awful woman who
used to be married to that awful musician, *snicker* David Coverdale) while
they were dating. Anyone else hear anything about this? It happened a
year or two ago, I think...I don't even know if they're still together.
~Misty (not that this affirms his heterosexuality, but...it's just a
suggestion)

TupeloMiss

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

Evelyn wrote:

<<I don't know if Steve Young is gay or not, but he's about to get
married.
He made the announcement the day after he received a concussion, but
supposedly there's no connection between the 2 events :)

If you hurry, you can still buy him a wedding present -- he and his
fiancee are registered at Bloomingdale's -- where among other items, a
$250 toaster is on their wish list. When a reporter inquired how the hell
a toaster could cost that much money, a Bloomie's spokesperson replied
(rather huffily) that this was not an ordinary toaster, but one that they
could pass on to their children or grandchildren.>>

Although I'd never buy it (and I certainly wouldn't give it as a
beard-wedding gift), I covet that toaster every time I'm in
Williams-Sonoma. It's big and silver and voluptuous and curvy and just
awfully gorgeous. And I don't even really like toast.

Swooning over blenders as well,
Tupelo

Linda F. Cauthen

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

brent and misty,qua...@negia.net,Internet:

>>>Hmmm...I thought that Troy Aikman was the guy who allegedly (or
definitely,
I never heard any more about it) beat Tawny Kitaen (that awful woman who
used to be married to that awful musician, *snicker* David Coverdale) while
they were dating. Anyone else hear anything about this? It happened a
year or two ago, I think...I don't even know if they're still together.
~Misty (not that this affirms his heterosexuality, but...it's just a
suggestion)<<<

I think you have Troy mixed up with Chuck Finley, the baseball player who is
the father of Tawny Kitaen's child. I believe they're still together. Or
maybe you've mixed up Tawny with country singer Lorrie Morgan, who was dating
Troy about three years ago.

Linda

Sent via The Vine - The Entertainment Industry Online
http://www.vine.org for information

DNA409

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

He (Troy) also dated Lori Morgan.
I heard that she bought a house while they were dating. During the
decoration of it, she decided to place a huge photo of herself and Mr.
Aikman entangled semi nude on the wall at the end of her formal dining
room. She liked it, but did decide to take it down and replace it with
something a bit more "classy" when her home was photographed for a
Nashville magazine. They later broke up and she sold the house.
That's what I heard anyway.....

Neil

"Pink is the navy blue of India" Diana Vreeland

Steve Johnson

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In article <32d17708...@news.airmail.net>,

corn...@bendover.com (The Great Cornholio) wrote:
>On Mon, 06 Jan 1997 11:34:51 -0300, DXXQFNZ <dxx...@no.spam.dammit>
>wrote:
>
>>Yeah Its Me wrote:
>>>
>>> For a "man" that has 10 other guys following him around all the time I
>>> would say that the odds are probably a little greater that he is.
>>
>>Of course he is. So is Steve Young. You don't believe that any
>>straight Mormon male is going to be unmarried at his age?
>>
>there is a cowboy's sports bar and grill in Valley Ranch, near where
>Troy lives, where some of the cowboy players go to see the fans and
>eat and have a good time. I was there once having dinner and I saw
>Troy come in by himself and leave with a guy that looked a bit swishy.

I make no judgement, but take a look at this photo, and see what you
think. There's little question he's into feet. I gotta give him
credit though - they do look like a sexy set of feet.

section 001/001 panthers.jpg [EnUU 1.6]

begin 644 panthers.jpg
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
7^]?EM-LNLA*`2M'Q*422<>9H9F[/_]D`
`
end

hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In article <32D1DB...@ix.netcom.com>, Rob...@ix.netcom.com writes:

> DXXQFNZ wrote:
>>
>> Yeah Its Me wrote:
>> >
>> > For a "man" that has 10 other guys following him around all the time I
>> > would say that the odds are probably a little greater that he is.

Everyone I talk to down here who is from the Dallas area seems
to be in agreement that Troy is either a friend of Dorothy or
bisexual. Also, that he is a pretty nice guy, so that rumor about
Tawney Kitaen must refer to another football player.

-Hope, the graduate student

Lee Weiser

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

Ya know...Hope's post got me thinking (I know! "A first!" you say.) If
someone's is gay, then they're "a friend of Dorothy's", now would that make
someone bisexual "an aquaintance of Dorothy's"? Ah, well....

--Lee, needing coffee

eve...@aol.com

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In article <19970107110...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, dna...@aol.com
(DNA409) writes:

Lorrie Morgan really gets around. Did she date Troy before or after she
married Clint Black's busdriver? And isn't she dating that senator from
Tennessee now--what's-his-name? Paging the ASG country music gossip maven
-- Linda?

Evelyn

Now playing: Luscious Jackson: "Fever In Fever Out"

hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In article <19970107164...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, eve...@aol.com writes:

> Evelyn
>
> Now playing: Luscious Jackson: "Fever In Fever Out"

Excellent choice, Evelyn! How about that video for
"Naked Eye" with one of the most interesting character actors
on TV, Max Perlich?

Any gossip on the Luscious Jackson gals or Perlich?
Or maybe why he's in the video?

-Hope, the graduate student

T.-and-...@worldnet.att.net

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

> In article <azlee.128...@azstarnet.com>, az...@azstarnet.com (Lee Weiser) writes:
> >>
> > Ya know...Hope's post got me thinking (I know! "A first!" you say.) If
> > someone's is gay, then they're "a friend of Dorothy's", now would that make
> > someone bisexual "an aquaintance of Dorothy's"? Ah, well....
> >

> Hmm, interesting proposition, Lee! We could adopt that as ASG
> terminology, in any case.
>
> -Hope, the graduate student

Might I suggest, instead, "fair-weather friend of Dorothy"?

Terry Hicks, Board-Certified Lesbian

Lee Weiser

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

Weiser) writes:>> >>
>> > Ya know...Hope's post got me thinking (I know! "A first!" you say.) If
>> > someone's is gay, then they're "a friend of Dorothy's", now would that make
>> > someone bisexual "an aquaintance of Dorothy's"? Ah, well....
>>
>> Hmm, interesting proposition, Lee! We could adopt that as ASG
>> terminology, in any case.
>> -Hope, the graduate student

Well, let's see ehat kinda responses we get...

>Might I suggest, instead, "fair-weather friend of Dorothy"?

Hmmm..good but a we bit long figuring to keep it the same approximate length
as FOD

>Terry Hicks, Board-Certified Lesbian

I first reade this as "Broad-Certified..."

--Lee

Mike Rice

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

tupel...@aol.com (TupeloMiss) wrote:

>Evelyn wrote:

My mother had to pay extra for one that toasted
long pieces of bread. It was over $100, but she
had a lot of trouble with it, finally took it back.

Mike Rice

m...@juno.com
.

Patricia Steward

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In a previous article, T.-and-...@worldnet.att.net () says:
> <azlee.128...@azstarnet.com> <1997Jan...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>

>> In article <azlee.128...@azstarnet.com>, az...@azstarnet.com (Lee Weiser) writes:
>> >>
>> > If someone's is gay, then they're "a friend of Dorothy's", now would
>> > that make someone bisexual "an aquaintance of Dorothy's"? Ah, well....
>

>Might I suggest, instead, "fair-weather friend of Dorothy"?

No, you may not.

--
"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is; I
only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that

THX-1138

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

haha!

hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In article <azlee.128...@azstarnet.com>, az...@azstarnet.com (Lee Weiser) writes:

> Ya know...Hope's post got me thinking (I know! "A first!" you say.) If
> someone's is gay, then they're "a friend of Dorothy's", now would that make
> someone bisexual "an aquaintance of Dorothy's"? Ah, well....

Hmm, interesting proposition, Lee! We could adopt that as ASG

Linda F. Cauthen

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

eve...@aol.com,Internet:

>>>Lorrie Morgan really gets around. Did she date Troy before or after she
married Clint Black's busdriver? And isn't she dating that senator from
Tennessee now--what's-his-name? Paging the ASG country music gossip maven
-- Linda? <<

Yep, Lorrie gets around. Husband #1 was Nashville musician Ron Gattis, #2 was
the late, lamentably alcoholic Keith Whitley, #3 was the bus driver. After
that came the romance with Troy Aikman, then the one with Sen. Fred Thompson.
Over the holidays, Lorrie wed #4, singer Jon Randall, who is about ten years
her junior.

Linda (thinking there's a country song in here somewhere)

Lee Weiser

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

In article <32d4a518....@news.mindspring.com> smith...@mindspring.com (Craig R. Smith) writes:

>On 8 Jan 1997 13:12:43 GMT, puz...@aol.com wrote:

>>In article <32D2EE...@worldnet.att.net>,
>>T.-and-...@worldnet.att.net writes:
>>How about a Friend of Totos?
>>Or a friend of the Cowardly Lion? He was truly a friend of Dorothys. ;p

>Bzzzzzt! Thank you for playing. The "Dorothy" in question is not
>Dorothy Gale from Kansas, but a New York society maven who gave very
>gay-friendly parties.

>Craig

erm....Craig? I've never heard a definitive answer either way. But I've heard
a lot more people claim it's Miz Gayle. I rightfully dunno which is correct.

--Lee

Jeff Kirk

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

In article <01bbfc4f$70eb37e0$dd00...@negia.net.negia.net>, qua...@negia.net
says...

>Hmmm...I thought that Troy Aikman was the guy who allegedly (or definitely,
>I never heard any more about it) beat Tawny Kitaen (that awful woman who
>used to be married to that awful musician, *snicker* David Coverdale) while
>they were dating. Anyone else hear anything about this? It happened a
>year or two ago, I think...I don't even know if they're still together.

I don't think it was Aikman who dated her and allegedly beat her. In fact, I
could swear it was O.J. Simpson.

Jeff

Jeff Kirk

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

In article <32d17708...@news.airmail.net>, corn...@bendover.com says...

>there is a cowboy's sports bar and grill in Valley Ranch, near where
>Troy lives, where some of the cowboy players go to see the fans and
>eat and have a good time. I was there once having dinner and I saw
>Troy come in by himself and leave with a guy that looked a bit swishy.

You know, somehow I seriously doubt that a Cowboys bar in the middle of Valley
Ranch is a gay pick-up spot.

Jeff

puz...@aol.com

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

>hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu wrote:
>>
>> In article <azlee.128...@azstarnet.com>, az...@azstarnet.com
(Lee
>Weiser) writes:
>> >>
>> > Ya know...Hope's post got me thinking (I know! "A first!" you say.)
If
>> > someone's is gay, then they're "a friend of Dorothy's", now would
that
>make
>> > someone bisexual "an aquaintance of Dorothy's"? Ah, well....

How about a Friend of Totos?

Or a friend of the Cowardly Lion? He was truly a friend of Dorothys. ;p

PUZZLR

Craig R. Smith

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

On 8 Jan 1997 13:12:43 GMT, puz...@aol.com wrote:

Bzzzzzt! Thank you for playing. The "Dorothy" in question is not

Dorothy Gale from Kansas, but a New York society maven who gave very
gay-friendly parties.

Craig

Craig R. Smith
(aka Maito Sewa Yoleme, aka El Milador de Milagros)
"Falling Tits-over-Teacups into the Unknown since 1955"

ASGTPR #23 *and* 27 Rue de Fleurus, FABville
Craignog and Alice B. Toklas brownies now being served in the salon

Jeff Kirk

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

In article <1997Jan...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>, hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
says...

>Everyone I talk to down here who is from the Dallas area seems
>to be in agreement that Troy is either a friend of Dorothy or
>bisexual. Also, that he is a pretty nice guy, so that rumor about
>Tawney Kitaen must refer to another football player.

Agreed. I've heard a lot of shit about Aikman, but I can't recall *anyone*
saying he wasn't a very nice person overall. Now if he'd only get into the
Austin gay scene while here for training camp in the summer!

Jeff, acquaintance of Dorothy

Jeremy J. Staples

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

: > Evelyn

: >
: > Now playing: Luscious Jackson: "Fever In Fever Out"
:
: Excellent choice, Evelyn! How about that video for
: "Naked Eye" with one of the most interesting character actors
: on TV, Max Perlich?
:
: Any gossip on the Luscious Jackson gals or Perlich?
: Or maybe why he's in the video?
:
: -Hope, the graduate student
:

----Owww, owwww I got some. During an interview the lead singer (forgot her
name, sorry) said that you will never see Luscious Jackson in a video wearing ""bad bras." But they might do a video in the nude, she said. Set your VCRs
now.

Jeremy

Lee Weiser

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

In article <32d63c74...@news.mindspring.com> smith...@mindspring.com (Craig R. Smith) writes:

>>>Bzzzzzt! Thank you for playing. The "Dorothy" in question is not
>>>Dorothy Gale from Kansas, but a New York society maven who gave very
>>>gay-friendly parties.
>>
>>>Craig
>>

>>erm....Craig? I've never heard a definitive answer either way. But I've heard
>>a lot more people claim it's Miz Gayle. I rightfully dunno which is correct.
>>
>>--Lee

>It's not set in stone, but I thought this exchange (reprinted here
>from the Anti-FAQ) cleared it up:

<A friend of snippage>

THat's what I remembered (the discussion) There's a few differing stories on
which Dorothy was meant. I've just come across more people saying Gale then
the others. But I just figured that by now, who really knows who it really
referred to.

--lee

lisa f. drake

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

In article <5av3q3$l...@uwm.edu>,

jer...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Jeremy J. Staples) wrote:

:
>: Any gossip on the Luscious Jackson gals or Perlich?
>: Or maybe why he's in the video?

All the gossip I have, is that when I was at a REM/LJ tour-end party in
'95, one of the members of LJ would not lend me her Polaroid so that I
could have my picture taken with Peter Buck, for which I will be forever
pissed. (I *did* offer her $10 just to take one picture!)

Craig R. Smith

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

wrote:

>>>How about a Friend of Totos?
>>>Or a friend of the Cowardly Lion? He was truly a friend of Dorothys. ;p
>
>>Bzzzzzt! Thank you for playing. The "Dorothy" in question is not
>>Dorothy Gale from Kansas, but a New York society maven who gave very
>>gay-friendly parties.
>
>>Craig
>

>erm....Craig? I've never heard a definitive answer either way. But I've heard
>a lot more people claim it's Miz Gayle. I rightfully dunno which is correct.
>

>--Lee

It's not set in stone, but I thought this exchange (reprinted here
from the Anti-FAQ) cleared it up:

1.33 Origin of "A Friend of Dorothy"

>In article (Alan Moorman) wrote:
>
>Ahem...could someone please explain to this particular ignorant breeder just
>where the expression "friend of Dorothy" came from? I understand what's
>really meant by this...I'd just like to know where the phrase originated.

To which Robert Matthews graciously answered: The "Dorothy" is in fact
the Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz"; almost from its launch the movie
was extremely popular with gay men (for reasons that elude *me*; I
think it's tiresome and jejune--I'm sure it had something to do with
the longtime popularity among gay men of Judy Garland).

(insert correction by Amanda Tyrrell)
>I don't believe that the expression has anything to do with the Wizard
>of Oz at all. A dear old queen friend of mine explained the origin of
>this phrase as follows. In the early 1900's in London, England, lived
>a socialite by the name of Dorothy King. In modern parlance this good
>lady would be probably be described as a fag-hag, since she used to hold
>regular soirees where the majority of guests were a certain type of Naval
>officer. The gentlemen would dance, sing, play charades and generally
>have a gay old time. Pretty soon, these officers began to indentify other
>like-minded chaps by asking others "Is he musical ?" and/or
>"Is he a friend of Dorothy's ?".

>>Alan added:
>>Another, similar, and likely sounding story is that Dorothy Dean,
>>a NYC fag-hag (who recently died, I think) was the origin of the
>>"Friend of Dorothy" concept.

Dorothy King? Dorothy Dean? Dorothy Gale? Anyone want to weigh in
with some better evidence to settle the question once and for all?

Michael Ritchie

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

In article <32d63c74...@news.mindspring.com>
smith...@mindspring.com (Craig R. Smith) writes:

>It's not set in stone, but I thought this exchange (reprinted here
>from the Anti-FAQ) cleared it up:
>

>[...]

>The "Dorothy" is in fact the Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz"
>

>(insert correction by Amanda Tyrrell)
>>I don't believe that the expression has anything to do with the Wizard
>>of Oz at all. A dear old queen friend of mine explained the origin of
>>this phrase as follows. In the early 1900's in London, England, lived
>>a socialite by the name of Dorothy King. In modern parlance this good
>>lady would be probably be described as a fag-hag, since she used to hold
>>regular soirees where the majority of guests were a certain type of Naval
>>officer.
>

>>>Alan added:
>>>Another, similar, and likely sounding story is that Dorothy Dean,
>>>a NYC fag-hag (who recently died, I think) was the origin of the
>>>"Friend of Dorothy" concept.

>Dorothy King? Dorothy Dean? Dorothy Gale? Anyone want to weigh in

>with some better evidence to settle the question once and for all?

The Dorothy Dean connection is almost certainly a solid one. Hilton Als'
recent New Yorker piece on her is a chapter in his new book "The Women."
The Dorothy Gale story is probably just as "true," since far more know of
the Oz connection than of the Dean connection. I've never heard the Dorothy
King story before.

--M., who has an "I'm a friend of Dorothy" t-shirt that he wears while he's
lounging around the trailer--you have seen me seductively lounging,
haven't you?

mrco...@frontiernet.net

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

WhyOn 7 Jan 97 07:38:14 CST, hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

>In article <32D1DB...@ix.netcom.com>, Rob...@ix.netcom.com writes:
>> DXXQFNZ wrote:

>Everyone I talk to down here who is from the Dallas area seems
>to be in agreement that Troy is either a friend of Dorothy or
>bisexual. Also, that he is a pretty nice guy, so that rumor about
>Tawney Kitaen must refer to another football player.
>

>-Hope, the graduate student

Have there ever been any people (males) who have actually claimed to
have had sex with Troy? Why wouldn't a former lover try to out him?
Are all the endings to his relationships pleasant? Even if he is a
nice person, which I suspect he is, I can't imagine that every
relationship has ended well. If not where is that person? Or has Troy
not built his dream house because he can't afford to with all the
payoffs?

On the other hand, let's assume Troy is gay and that he just doesn't
want it revealed. Perhaps this belongs in alt.conspiracies, but
couldn't somebody (e.g., organized crime) try to affect his
productivity by extortion? If he were hanging out at gay bars so
often, why wouldn't somebody just take some pictures?

Patricia Steward

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

In a previous article, m...@juno.com (Mike Rice) says:

>tupel...@aol.com (TupeloMiss) wrote:
>
>>If you hurry, you can still buy him a wedding present -- he and his
>>fiancee are registered at Bloomingdale's -- where among other items, a
>>$250 toaster is on their wish list.
>

>My mother had to pay extra for one that toasted long pieces of bread. It
>was over $100, but she had a lot of trouble with it, finally took it back.

That's funny, I've got a toaster that does *all* sizes of bread, and it
didn't cost me a thing. It's called a broiler.

Guess the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree, eh?

hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

In article <32d59764...@news.frontiernet.net>, mrco...@frontiernet.net writes:
> Have there ever been any people (males) who have actually claimed to
> have had sex with Troy? Why wouldn't a former lover try to out him?
> Are all the endings to his relationships pleasant? Even if he is a
> nice person, which I suspect he is, I can't imagine that every
> relationship has ended well. If not where is that person? Or has Troy
> not built his dream house because he can't afford to with all the
> payoffs?
>

> On the other hand, let's assume Troy is gay and that he just doesn't
> want it revealed. Perhaps this belongs in alt.conspiracies, but
> couldn't somebody (e.g., organized crime) try to affect his
> productivity by extortion? If he were hanging out at gay bars so

Hmm... I thought we lived in an era when being gay wasn't as

big a deal as it was 50 years ago, and that former lovers wouldn't
try to extort their famous partners, as could happen in the past.

Perhaps Aikman doesn't hang out in gay bars. Maybe he's only
had a few relationships that have ended by mutual consent.
Maybe he's only had ONE ongoing relationship. Who knows?

-Hope, the graduate student

brent and misty

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

hee hee hee ;^)
oh well...

Jeff Kirk <kir...@io.com> wrote in article <5b0sbl$3jo$5...@nntp-2.io.com>...

Dick DIrt

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

On Mon, 06 Jan 1997 22:08:19 GMT, corn...@bendover.com (The Great
Cornholio) wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Jan 1997 11:34:51 -0300, DXXQFNZ <dxx...@no.spam.dammit>
>wrote:
>

>there is a cowboy's sports bar and grill in Valley Ranch, near where
>Troy lives, where some of the cowboy players go to see the fans and
>eat and have a good time. I was there once having dinner and I saw
>Troy come in by himself and leave with a guy that looked a bit swishy.
>

>Too bad the boys lost, now they need to lose Switzer!!

No, it's too bad the dallas fans are such bandwagoners. What's up
with Lorrie Morgan and Troy. Hell they both dip.

ham...@interport.net

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

In article <ritchie.1.1...@osu.edu>, ritc...@osu.edu (Michael
Ritchie) wrote:

<snip>

> >Dorothy King? Dorothy Dean? Dorothy Gale? Anyone want to weigh in
> >with some better evidence to settle the question once and for all?
>
> The Dorothy Dean connection is almost certainly a solid one. Hilton Als'
> recent New Yorker piece on her is a chapter in his new book "The Women."
> The Dorothy Gale story is probably just as "true," since far more know of
> the Oz connection than of the Dean connection. I've never heard the Dorothy
> King story before.

The title of Als' piece is a playful reference to the famous phrase. It
was certainly not meant to imply that Dean was the figure it originally
referred to.

Eric Wheelock

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

In article <32d8fe87.5235464@news>, sn...@large.com (Dick DIrt) wrote:
--snipped--

>No, it's too bad the dallas fans are such bandwagoners. What's up
>with Lorrie Morgan and Troy. Hell they both dip.

So does Sandra Bullock and Monica Seles dip now too?

I'm interested....

Peter Thorn

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

Craig R. Smith (smith...@mindspring.com) writes:
<<snipp!>>

> It's not set in stone, but I thought this exchange (reprinted here
> from the Anti-FAQ) cleared it up:

<<snipp!>>

> Dorothy King? Dorothy Dean? Dorothy Gale? Anyone want to weigh in
> with some better evidence to settle the question once and for all?

I dunno, Craig. Can't we just say that it's any one, any two or all three
and leave it at that? I find myself rather amused at the anarchy inherent
in the entire discussion....

:Peter

--

"Oh, just learn to cope..." --me
Peter Thorn The OwlsBurrow aw...@freenet.carleton.ca

Matt and Miriam Moore

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

eve...@aol.com wrote:

>> He (Troy) also dated Lori Morgan.
>> I heard that she bought a house while they were dating. During the
>>decoration of it, she decided to place a huge photo of herself and Mr.
>>Aikman entangled semi nude on the wall at the end of her formal dining
>>room. She liked it, but did decide to take it down and replace it with
>>something a bit more "classy" when her home was photographed for a
>>Nashville magazine. They later broke up and she sold the house.
>> That's what I heard anyway.....

>Lorrie Morgan really gets around. Did she date Troy before or after she

>married Clint Black's busdriver? And isn't she dating that senator from
>Tennessee now--what's-his-name? Paging the ASG country music gossip maven
>-- Linda?

>Evelyn

>Now playing: Luscious Jackson: "Fever In Fever Out"

Senator Fred Thompson (R)?
MM in SFO

mrco...@frontiernet.net

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

For most of society it's probably not that big a deal. However, if
you're the star quarterback of "America's team" and endorsements would
just evaporate, you probably wouldn't want it known. I guess I also
have an assumption that being gay wouldn't exactly be positive in
Texas.

Craig R. Smith

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

On 11 Jan 1997 17:05:05 GMT, aw...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Peter Thorn)
wrote:

>> Dorothy King? Dorothy Dean? Dorothy Gale? Anyone want to weigh in
>> with some better evidence to settle the question once and for all?
>
>I dunno, Craig. Can't we just say that it's any one, any two or all three
>and leave it at that? I find myself rather amused at the anarchy inherent
>in the entire discussion....

Done and done! (Now *that's* the way to compromise!)

Ben Bryant

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

I also
>have an assumption that being gay wouldn't exactly be positive in
>Texas.

Depends on the city. I had that perception, too when I moved from
Germany (military) to Austin. I discovered that they don't call
Austin "the San Francisco of the Southwest" for nothing. Coming
from Europe, it really didn't bug me, but I met a lot of other UT freshmen
who were freaked by how "gay" (very) the city was.

That said, it's a glorious place for a straight person as well, although it
does help to be an ultra liberal (like me!) straight person.

But, I digress...

It's my understanding that Houston and Dallas are more liberal than most
TX towns, given their size and cosmopolitan nature, but none of that would
be really relevant to the quarterback of "America's Team" That alone super-
cedes any location concern that an athlete wanting to come out would
have.

As an aside, America's team does have their annual training camp right here
in Austin...at our local Catholic University, where I go to church.

-BB

Jeff Kirk

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

In article <5b9lit$3...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>, b-br...@mail.utexas.edu says...

>Depends on the city. I had that perception, too when I moved from
>Germany (military) to Austin. I discovered that they don't call
>Austin "the San Francisco of the Southwest" for nothing. Coming
>from Europe, it really didn't bug me, but I met a lot of other UT freshmen
>who were freaked by how "gay" (very) the city was.

I don't know about that. Austin lacks a gay ghetto, and the number of gay bars
here is dwindling rapidly, plus we don't have any sort of Pride Day or anything
of that nature. And I really don't think there's a large, active gay community
here...at least one that gets any sort of mainstream attention. Still, I won't
deny that the liberalness of the city makes it very gay-friendly.

>It's my understanding that Houston and Dallas are more liberal than most
>TX towns, given their size and cosmopolitan nature, but none of that would
>be really relevant to the quarterback of "America's Team" That alone super-
>cedes any location concern that an athlete wanting to come out would
>have.

Okay - this is *completely* untrue. Houston and Dallas are both very
conservative; I don't think either place is particularly gay-friendly in any
sense, even if Dallas has a lovely gay ghetto. Both have voted pro-Republican
in just about every election in the last several decades, after all. (Note
that Austin is the only place in the state where Democrats rarely lose and was
the only major city in Texas where Ann Richards beat out George Jr. a couple of
years ago. Clinton also carried about 65% of the vote here in the last
election.) Aikman coming out would be a *huge* bombshell for Dallasites...less
so for Austinites (who, after all, had no problem electing a big ol' dyke as
sheriff two months ago).

Jeff
--Note my new e-mail address: kir...@jumpnet.com
--New home page address: http://www.jumpnet.com/~kirker/me.htm

hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

In article <5b9lit$3...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>, b-br...@mail.utexas.edu (Ben Bryant) writes:

> Depends on the city. I had that perception, too when I moved from
> Germany (military) to Austin. I discovered that they don't call
> Austin "the San Francisco of the Southwest" for nothing. Coming
> from Europe, it really didn't bug me, but I met a lot of other UT freshmen
> who were freaked by how "gay" (very) the city was.
>
> That said, it's a glorious place for a straight person as well, although it
> does help to be an ultra liberal (like me!) straight person.
>
> But, I digress...

Yes, I guess living in Austin does tend to color my perception of
what the rest of the state might be like. I moved here from
New England, and haven't seen much of the rest of the state,
except for the Hill Country, San Antonio and Galveston.

I guess it's hard to say. Troy seems like such a likeable guy
that he would be accepted if he came out. Then again, maybe not.
As someone else said, he certainly wouldn't be getting a lot of
endorsements afterwards.

-Hope, the graduate student

puz...@aol.com

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

(Ben Bryant) writes:

>It's my understanding that Houston and Dallas are more liberal than most
>TX towns, given their size and cosmopolitan nature, but none of that
would
>be really relevant to the quarterback of "America's Team" That alone
super-
>cedes any location concern that an athlete wanting to come out would
>have.

Yes, we have grown more open here in Houston. But we had two hate crimes
again gays, (that I can remember) last year. In both instances the men
were killed. One because the kids (yes kids) thought he'd be an easy mark
(ie had money). The other, because he was openly gay. I think those
guys were from CO(?). Still it took place in Houston.

I remember being sicken by the last one. It was particularly bloody. The
guy was stabbed a lot of times.

PUZZLR

Roger Mostad

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

In message <5bbuj4$3...@ralph.vnet.net> - bbal...@vnet.net (Bill)13 Jan

1997 00:11:16 GMT writes:
:>
:>hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu wrote:
:>: In article <azlee.128...@azstarnet.com>, az...@azstarnet.com (Lee Weiser) writes:
:>: >>
:>: > Ya know...Hope's post got me thinking (I know! "A first!" you say.) If
:>: > someone's is gay, then they're "a friend of Dorothy's", now would that make
:>: > someone bisexual "an aquaintance of Dorothy's"? Ah, well....
:>
:>
:>Ahem....
:>I can't resist. Shouldn't bisexuals be referred to as: A friend of
:>a friend of Dorothy? (FOAFOD)
:>
:>
:>
:>Bill, friend of Dorothy
:>
:>
:>: >
:>:
:>: Hmm, interesting proposition, Lee! We could adopt that as ASG
:>: terminology, in any case.
:>:
:>: -Hope, the graduate student
:>:
:>: >
:>:

I can't believe I am the only one to think of this one...

More than just a friend of Dorothy.

Roger... Roger_...@mindlink.bc.ca

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist?
I am glad I was not born before tea! -Sydney Smith

Mike

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

Ben Bryant <b-br...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote in article
<5b9lit$3...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>...

> I also
> >have an assumption that being gay wouldn't exactly be positive in
> >Texas.
>

> Depends on the city. I had that perception, too when I moved from
> Germany (military) to Austin. I discovered that they don't call
> Austin "the San Francisco of the Southwest" for nothing. Coming
> from Europe, it really didn't bug me, but I met a lot of other UT
freshmen
> who were freaked by how "gay" (very) the city was.
>
> That said, it's a glorious place for a straight person as well, although
it
> does help to be an ultra liberal (like me!) straight person.
>
> But, I digress...
>
> It's my understanding that Houston and Dallas are more liberal than most
> TX towns, given their size and cosmopolitan nature, but none of that
would
> be really relevant to the quarterback of "America's Team" That alone
super-
> cedes any location concern that an athlete wanting to come out would
> have.
>
> As an aside, America's team does have their annual training camp right
here
> in Austin...at our local Catholic University, where I go to church.

Ah, memories, sweet memories, I lived in Austin for four months, and it is
like nowhere anywhere.

My guess is Troy could be gay, or at the very least, bi, and some rumors
had it he was ready to reveal all a few years ago but clammed up. My guess
is Jerry Jones is buying (or ordered) his silence until he is no longer a
part of the Dallas organization. Sounds like Jerry. He cannot allow Texas'
favorite QB on "American's Team" to be "any less than a real man". (BTW, I
am gay and I would like Troy to have the guts to come out if he is just to
give America a jolt of reality!)

MWM

Bill

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

Gregory Primm

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

Lee Weiser (az...@azstarnet.com) wrote:

: Ya know...Hope's post got me thinking (I know! "A first!" you say.) If
: someone's is gay, then they're "a friend of Dorothy's", now would that make
: someone bisexual "an aquaintance of Dorothy's"? Ah, well....

How about these sub-FOD categories:

-- I love "Friend of a friend of Dorothy's" for bisexuality (for both
being true to the spirit of FOD and for its *obvious* ASG tie-in...), but
I think it works best as a term for well-adjusted straights that have
gay/l______ friends that they value as something other than some sort of
bizarre "I'm so liberal and cool" accessories.... So, let's call bi's
"acquaintances of Dorothy..."

-- "Secret Admirer of Dorothy" -- closeted gays/l______s

-- "Drinking Buddy of Dorothy" -- otherwise straight or straight-acting
folks that feel either more experimental or less inhibited about their
sexual "gray areas" after having a few drinks and then bumping into
Dorothy at a party...

-- "Syncophant of Dorothy" -- fag hags/folks that are straight and
incredibly dull but suck up to/hang around gays/l______s in order to
appear more fabulous themselves (legions of models seem to fall into this
category)

-- "Party Crasher at Dorothy's" -- gays/l______s that most gays/l______s
would prefer would simply be straight (I believe many gay ASGers have
expressed an interest in trading Liberace for either Brad Pitt or Harrison
Ford -- the good old "he may be gay but we don't *WANT* him to be..."
theory. In this case, Liberace would be a PCaD...)

Others?

-- Gregg P.
-- ASGTPR#71
-- Official ASG Media Whore
-- Now Playing: Assorted Artists, "The Glory of Gershwin"
ĐĎ^Qॹ ĐĎ^Qॹ
( )*( )

Jesse Garon

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

puz...@aol.com writes:

>Yes, we have grown more open here in Houston. But we had two hate crimes
>again gays, (that I can remember) last year. In both instances the men
>were killed. One because the kids (yes kids) thought he'd be an easy mark
>(ie had money). The other, because he was openly gay.

Not to quibble, but if a gay man gets killed for his money, I don't think
that really qualifies as a homophobic act. There's enough violence against
homosexuals going around without them having to claim ordinary muggings
for themselves, too.

"Jesse Garon": the God damnedest mass of tact known to the human race
gri...@primenet.com http://www.primenet.com/~grifter/jesse.html

puz...@aol.com

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

In article <5bcsim$c...@nnrp1.news.primenet.com>, gri...@primenet.com

('Jesse Garon') writes:

>Not to quibble, but if a gay man gets killed for his money, I don't think
>that really qualifies as a homophobic act. There's enough violence
against
>homosexuals going around without them having to claim ordinary muggings
>for themselves, too.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. He was picked by those thugs because he
was a gay man. The perception being he's gay he has money. They actually
said they were going to rob a gay person, if the police report can be
believed.

Sorry for the confusion

PUZZLR

Jesse Garon

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

jhu...@b4-u-buy.com (JHudson) writes:

>gri...@primenet.com ('Jesse Garon') wrote:
>>puz...@aol.com writes:
>>>Yes, we have grown more open here in Houston. But we had two hate crimes
>>>again gays, (that I can remember) last year. In both instances the men
>>>were killed. One because the kids (yes kids) thought he'd be an easy mark
>>>(ie had money). The other, because he was openly gay.

>>Not to quibble, but if a gay man gets killed for his money, I don't think

>>that really qualifies as a homophobic act. There's enough violence against
>>homosexuals going around without them having to claim ordinary muggings
>>for themselves, too.

>This qualified. The kids (yes, kids) were looking for openly gay men
>because they'd heard they always have a lot of cash and credit cards
>on them. That, and the violence of the act, I think surely brand it
>as homophobic.

No, not as long as they were going after money and not just beating the
shit out of the guy because he was a homosexual. And what is it with you
people and your "kids (yes kids)"? Kids kill. Haven't you heard?

Mike Rice

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

bbal...@vnet.net (Bill) wrote:

>hop...@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu wrote:
>: In article <azlee.128...@azstarnet.com>, az...@azstarnet.com (Lee Weiser) writes:
>: >>

>: > Ya know...Hope's post got me thinking (I know! "A first!" you say.) If
>: > someone's is gay, then they're "a friend of Dorothy's", now would that make
>: > someone bisexual "an aquaintance of Dorothy's"? Ah, well....

>Ahem....
>I can't resist. Shouldn't bisexuals be referred to as: A friend of
>a friend of Dorothy? (FOAFOD)

>Bill, friend of Dorothy

>: >
>:
>: Hmm, interesting proposition, Lee! We could adopt that as ASG
>: terminology, in any case.
>:
>: -Hope, the graduate student
>:
>: >
>:

No, bisexuals should be called fair weather friends of
Dorothy.

Mike Rice
mr...@centuryinter.net

tamrah

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

> -- "Secret Admirer of Dorothy" -- closeted gays/l______s
>
> -- "Drinking Buddy of Dorothy" -- otherwise straight or straight-acting
> folks that feel either more experimental or less inhibited about their
> sexual "gray areas" after having a few drinks and then bumping into
> Dorothy at a party...
> (etc. snipped)

> Others?
>
> -- Gregg P.

How about "He's a real Margaret Hamilton" for homophobes

Tamrah, knowing that supposedly Dorothy is referring to the socialite,
and not D. Gale from Kansas, but thinking it fits in with nicely with
the gays-love-Judy idea, anyway!!

JHudson

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

gri...@primenet.com ('Jesse Garon') wrote:

>puz...@aol.com writes:

>>Yes, we have grown more open here in Houston. But we had two hate crimes
>>again gays, (that I can remember) last year. In both instances the men
>>were killed. One because the kids (yes kids) thought he'd be an easy mark
>>(ie had money). The other, because he was openly gay.

>Not to quibble, but if a gay man gets killed for his money, I don't think
>that really qualifies as a homophobic act. There's enough violence against
>homosexuals going around without them having to claim ordinary muggings
>for themselves, too.

This qualified. The kids (yes, kids) were looking for openly gay men
because they'd heard they always have a lot of cash and credit cards
on them. That, and the violence of the act, I think surely brand it
as homophobic.

Hane Hudson

jhu...@b4-u-buy.com
http://www.b4-u-buy.com

D & K

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Lori Morgan does get around and you are now behind!! She recently married
another country singer named Jon Randall. I think he does a duet with her
on her new album. She was married to Clint Black's bus driver but divorced
soon after.

Chris Pisarra

Jan 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/20/97

Seems to me that bisexuals are friends and lovers of Dorothy.

Chris

--
Chris Pisarra pis...@ccnet.com

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?