Paul Newman Is Bisexual: String Together Several *PUBLISHED* Clues

Lisa Pease

Mar 3, 2002, 6:24:53 PM3/3/02
A poster calling himself "Tom Hens" posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.

First, he quotes heavily from a 1995 book called "Palimpsest," the
autobiography of writer Gore Vidal. I have read the book and I have a
copy handy. Mr. Hens leans heavily on the portion of the book about
Joanne Woodward wanting to marry Vidal in the 1950s before she married
Newman. That doesn't mean all three parties were straight. Also, Mr.
Hens says Vidal isn't openly gay as I had said earlier. All right,
maybe I was too liberal about his openness, but many people believe
that he's gay or bisexual and that he now lives in Italy with a young
man he describes in the prologue of "Palimpsest."

Enough of that. Let's stick to published material about Paul Newman
and A. E. Hotchner, the writer respected for his credits in four types
of writing: the novel, the TV or feature film screenplay, the stage
play and the biography. (His books on Ernest Hemingway have made
Hotchner an authority on Papa.)

As I said in my last post, Newman and Hotchner are the founders and
manufacturers of Newman's Own salad dressing, their other original
foods whose profits they give to charity as well as a summer camp for
very sick children. The many articles in the New York Times and other
papers that have reported these facts call the men "longtime friends"
and "neighbors." (They both live in Westport, Connecticut, but nobody
ever says how close their houses are. Could be next door.) It's also
a fact that they had to have known each other as far back as 1956,
when Hotchner wrote the script for a television drama in which Newman
starred as a boxer.

I shall quote from several *published* newspaper profiles of Newman
and Hotchner. String together the excerpts and you must entertain in
this group speculation about the sexuality of each man.

One more thing before I delve into the non-tabloid publications. Did
you ever see Newman do a serious love scene with a woman? He did a
few 1950s studio - manufactured chaste kisses before "The Hustler"
gave him power in Hollywood in 1961, then he kept a curious distance
from the leading ladies in the high-quality films he did subsequently.
In "Hud" (1963) he makes two passes at Patricia Neal, knowing she
doesn't want him. After one pass Brandon De Wilde physically removes
Newman from her. No more heterosexual affection in that film.

In "The Hustler" Newman never gets very busy with Piper Laurie. He
shows absolutely no heterosexuality in "Butch Cassidy And The Sundance
Kid" or "Cool Hand Luke." (So you say prison blocked Luke from pining
for or lunging at a woman? It didn't stop him from spending five
minutes with his mother out of earshot of the prison guards. What
kind of affection did Luke seek when he escaped and fled a thousand
miles to New York where his good looks got him photographed for a
magazine that his fellow inmates saw?)

Consider that all of these films were tailor - written for Paul
Newman. One of his very few deep kisses with a woman other than
Joanne Woodward (and they never got very busy, either) was with Julie
Andrews, who has been called bisexual, in "Torn Curtain." That's a
1966 Alfred Hitchcock film that flopped. Maybe it flopped because
Newman's sensitive loner-rebel persona didn't come through in it.

All right then, let's look at the print media. If you missed my last
post, consider that a 1982 Time magazine cover story says Newman
"wandered into a gay bar" at an indeterminate time after "The Hustler"
played theaters. Time used the anecdote to show that the den of
iniquity had a pool table and that another patron kidded Newman about
his pool skills in "The Hustler." Time also divulges that the place
was in Manhattan, where the actor has lived at least part-time since
1950. How could he not have known it was gay when he wandered into
it?

The Time cover story volunteers that Newman has lent his name to the
cause of gay rights, but it gives no details. It also includes a
color two-shot of Newman and Woodward in which Woodward looks very
mannish. You must admit she started looking mannish in the 1970s when
she gave up her film career to raise the kids and do occasional TV
projects in which she forged strong bonds with other women like Sally
Field in "Sybil" and an actress playing her mother in "Do You Remember
Love?"

Now let's return to Paul Newman and the acclaimed writer A. E.
Hotchner. Let's look at The New York Times edition of Wednesday,
November 18, 1998. Page G2. The Headline: "Making His Own Charity
An Acquired Taste" Here's an excerpt.

"The business [Newman's Own] was an accident and the charity an
afterthought, as Mr. Newman and his colleagues tell it. A. E.
Hotchner, a playwright and longtime friend who is the company's vice
president and treasurer, recalled going to white - tablecloth
restaurants and teasing the actor as he asked for olive oil, vinegar,
mustard and fresh pepper to prepare his own salad dressing. One night
just before Christmas in 1980, Mr. Newman and Mr. Hotchner had a few
beers and decided to make a batch in a tub, then poured the dressing
into wine bottles, wrapped on ribbons and went caroling as they gave
the bottles to neighbors. Quite a few bottles were left, and by
spring, they were a hot item in gourmet shops around Westport,
Connecticut, where Mr. Newman lives...

"Soon, the salad dressing acquired a life of its own, and a steakhouse
in Boston agreed to bottle it. Marketing experts told Mr. Newman and
Mr. Hotchner that they would have to spend $400,000 on test marketing.
Instead, they invited ten more friends over and put samples in
saucers. ...

"Mr. Newman and Mr. Hotchner are responsible for writing the cheeky
labels on the products. ..."

Now let's dip into a profile of Hotchner in the Everyday Magazine of
the St. Louis Post - Dispatch. It's in the edition of Thursday,
November 9, 1995 with the following long headline: "Hotchner's Own;
He was once renowned as much for the company he kept as his own works.
Now St. Louisan A. E. Hotchner is sailing solo on an ambitious new
project about the history of his hometown."

"[Hotchner's] accidental business adventure with his Connecticut
neighbor and longtime friend, Paul Newman, has turned into a
surprising success story. Their 'Newman's Own' products generate
millions of dollars in annual profits, all of which goes to a long
list of deserving charities.

"Hotchner confirmed that at one point he and Newman flew into St.
Louis to make a contribution of about $1 million to establish a summer
camp for children. They made their presentation to a 'large
business-related group,' Hotchner said, but became discouraged when
the groups' officials insisted on selecting committees to study the
project and committees to study the committees.

"Hotchner, divorced, is the father of two daughters and one son. His
brother Selwyn, 72, a retired executive with the long-gone Eagle Stamp
Company, still lives in St. Louis. ...

"'Oh, I knew him better than I knew my father,' Hotchner said of
Ernest Hemingway. 'Saw a lot more of him than I did of my brother.
For 14 years, he was certainly my best friend and co-adventurer. And
not only did we do exciting things together, like hunting pheasant in
the West, or following the bullfights, but we also became creative
business partners in that with his urging I adapted a lot of his short
stories and novels to television. And to motion pictures.'

"'I think that involvement certainly brought us very close together
and that's why, the last couple of years of his life, he relied more
heavily on me than he did any of his family -- his sons, for example.
...'"

That's enough printed evidence. I will close with two points. First
about Hemingway. While he did marry five times and father several
sons, his possible bisexuality has been speculated on in many books.
It's well-known that Zelda Fitzgerald accused her husband Scott of
having an inordinately close relationship with Papa Hemingway. Papa
did admit that he and Scott once compared the sizes of their penises.
As long as a man liked watching bullfights and shooting pheasant with
him, as did A. E. Hotchner, would Hemingway care what the man did when
Hemingway couldn't see or hear him? Consider that Fitzgerald didn't
like pheasant shooting or other macho pastimes.

My final point concerns Paul Newman's hobby of auto racing. If you
use that to counter the theory that he's bisexual, then how do you
explain the phone callers who hounded Jason Priestley about *his*
alleged gayness or bisexuality during the 90210 star's telephoned gig
on Howard Stern's radio show in 1998? You can find a Real Audio
Player recording of this Stern segment on the Internet. And how do
you explain the gayness of Roy Marchel, a pit crew technician for the
Indy Racing League? He made a pass at me in his hotel room on the
night before the qualifying segment of an IRL race in a city I decline
to identify. He said someone would kill me if I told certain people
about it. This man is fifty-something and never has heard of Jason
Priestley. Not every aging person can retain the intelligence that
Paul Newman and A. E. Hotchner still have.

I respect Paul Newman's intelligence and his combining it with the sex
symbol power to feed the hungry and heal the sick. I don't want to
hurt him. All I'm saying is that regulars in this group who spend so
much time on gay speculations are remiss if they ignore Newman.
Suppose he and Joanne are bisexual. Wouldn't that go a long way
toward convincing people that all the truly sensitive and truly
powerful Americans and Canadians are either gay, bisexual or totally
cool about anything their co-workers do? Even a macho Texas cowboy
like Lyndon Johnson knew that his presidential assistant Walter
Jenkins, still alive, was gay. Nobody ever has documented LBJ calling
him a faggot or what have you.

If you cite the several children of Newman and Hotchner as evidence
that they're straight, how do you explain Malcolm Forbes Senior?

P.J. Gladnick

Mar 3, 2002, 6:33:53 PM3/3/02
Does Paul Newman read opera gossip?

Jeannie

Mar 3, 2002, 6:50:24 PM3/3/02
About 25 years ago my grandparents went on a cruise and Paul Newman
was on the ship. He was in the company of a much younger, gorgeous,
VERY effeminate (according to my grandmother) male. Joanne was not
there. Ever since then, my grandparents have sworn that Paul is
gay...or bi. And it just killed my grandmother to say this because she
thought he was a hottie.

Jeannie

Baby Strange

Mar 3, 2002, 6:49:53 PM3/3/02
As I valiantly attempted to fight off the ice weasels,
bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease) distracted me with:

>A poster calling himself "Tom Hens" posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
>my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.

<rolls eyes, starts snipping>

>I shall quote from several *published* newspaper profiles of Newman
>and Hotchner. String together the excerpts and you must entertain in
>this group speculation about the sexuality of each man.

<snipped what represents a really sad waste of many hours of someone's
life that could have been spent on something *much* more meaningful
and constructive than obsessing over the sex lives of strangers.>

>I respect Paul Newman's intelligence and his combining it with the sex
>symbol power to feed the hungry and heal the sick. I don't want to
>hurt him.

No? Then why spend so much time actively trying to prove he's gay?

>All I'm saying is that regulars in this group who spend so
>much time on gay speculations are remiss if they ignore Newman.

If you've spent much time around this newsgroup and paid attention to
the "gay speculations," you would have noticed long ago that nobody
here spends their free time obsessively looking for "proof" that any
of the targets are gay. Nobody here takes it all that seriously; that
you are so wrapped up in analyzing Paul Newman's sex life shows that
you have some *serious* problems.

All of the points that you take as "evidence" that Newman is gay are
based on stereotypes and innuendo, not *fact*. Your "proof" is weak
at best, and has obviously been tailored to fit your pet theory.

Shut off your computer, go outside, and for god's sake, get a fucking
*life*...

Rita Hansard

Mar 3, 2002, 7:26:13 PM3/3/02

Lisa Pease wrote:

LOL. This is about the funniest mess I've ever read. I especially like
this line: "Nobody ever has documented LBJ calling him a faggot or what
have you."

I'm not so sure about Popeye and Sweet Pea, and I bet LBJ never called any
of his hounds "Scooby Doo," either.

jmilam

Mar 3, 2002, 7:56:03 PM3/3/02
Get a LIFE for god sake!!!!!
"Lisa Pease" <bucke...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

High & Low Life

Mar 3, 2002, 8:00:09 PM3/3/02
Lisa Pease wrote:

> A poster calling himself "Tom Hens" posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
> my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.
>
> First, he quotes heavily from a 1995 book called "Palimpsest," the
> autobiography of writer Gore Vidal. I have read the book and I have a
> copy handy. Mr. Hens leans heavily on the portion of the book about
> Joanne Woodward wanting to marry Vidal in the 1950s before she married
> Newman. That doesn't mean all three parties were straight. Also, Mr.
> Hens says Vidal isn't openly gay as I had said earlier. All right,
> maybe I was too liberal about his openness, but many people believe
> that he's gay or bisexual and that he now lives in Italy with a young
> man he describes in the prologue of "Palimpsest."

You clearly didn't read far in the book. That young man was killed in
battle in WWII.

Gore is very open about his life-long homosexualism, and his partner of many
years is now as elderly as he is. Vidal writes very candidly in
*Palimpsest* about his sexual antics with men (he tells the reader, for
instance, that he doesn't like anal sex). Not surprisingly, the stuff about
his sex life is the most boring part of the book.

Hogarth

Tom Hens

Mar 3, 2002, 9:17:43 PM3/3/02

Lisa Pease <bucke...@hotmail.com> wrote...

(I'm replying against my better judgement only to straighten out some minor
points of fact.)

> A poster calling himself "Tom Hens"

It happens to be my name. Not everybody on Usenet feels the need to hide
behind a pseudonym like you do.

> posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
> my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.

I didn't "rebut" anything since there was nothing to rebut in the first
place. I pointed out that what you wrote was irrelevant tripe held together
by non-existent logic.

> First, he quotes heavily from a 1995 book called "Palimpsest," the
> autobiography of writer Gore Vidal.

I quoted three short sentences. Calling that "quoting heavily" makes me
think you're not much of a reader.

> I have read the book and I have a
> copy handy. Mr. Hens leans heavily on the portion of the book about
> Joanne Woodward wanting to marry Vidal in the 1950s before she married
> Newman.

The small snippet I quoted from a description of the 1950s
Newman/Woodward/Vidal friendship from Vidal's point of view expressly
stated that Woodward *didn't* want to marry Vidal, and he didn't
particularly want to marry her. You really can't read, can you?

> That doesn't mean all three parties were straight. Also, Mr.
> Hens says Vidal isn't openly gay as I had said earlier. All right,
> maybe I was too liberal about his openness,

No, you nitwit, I said he is not "openly gay", which you would know if you
had actually read Palimpsest.

> but many people believe
> that he's gay or bisexual and that he now lives in Italy with a young
> man he describes in the prologue of "Palimpsest."

Once again, you show that you haven't read Palimpsest, which describes
Vidal's sexual history and current living arrangements quite clearly (not
that any of that information was secret before Palimpsest was published,
and parts of the book are made up of pieces Vidal published earlier).
There's also nothing called "prologue" in the book, and no description of
any young man Vidal now supposedly lives with anywhere.

> Enough of that.

Indeed.

<rest of steaming pile of crap snipped>

Tom ("The Gayness of Roy Marchel" would make a great title for a play,
though)

Tom Hens

Mar 3, 2002, 9:17:41 PM3/3/02

Baby Strange <babystrange...@earthlink.net> wrote...

<snip>

> >I respect Paul Newman's intelligence and his combining it with the sex
> >symbol power to feed the hungry and heal the sick. I don't want to
> >hurt him.
>
> No? Then why spend so much time actively trying to prove he's gay?

There's a bit of reasoning almost as strange as Lisa's own stuff. Saying
that someone is gay (however idiotic your grounds for doing so) means
you're trying to hurt them?

DepressdGrl

Mar 4, 2002, 2:11:39 AM3/4/02
Paul is gay. I was friends/neighbors with a maid at the Pink Hotel
(BH Hotel) and she went into the room to clean it. She saw him having
sex with a man. She was shocked. He forgot to put the Do Not Disturb
sign on the door.

No one was more shocked than the maid.

She told us of course though.

I was pretty shocked as well when she told us. It was in the late
70's when she told us.

dg

Craig Smith

Mar 4, 2002, 9:38:34 AM3/4/02
CaliforniaGirl wrote:

>Saying
>> that someone is gay (however idiotic your grounds for doing so) means
>> you're trying to hurt them?
>

>It is if it's not true.

So, by your reasoning, if someone says that I'm straight,
are they trying to hurt me, since it's not true?

Craig [a.k.a. Olaf MindRimmer]
"He came to me, smellin' of roadhouse whisky,
and he took me, and I liked it. And then...
YOU were born!"
---Margaret White (Piper Laurie), in "Carrie"

Craig Smith

Mar 4, 2002, 9:39:36 AM3/4/02
High & Low Life wrote:

>Gore is very open about his life-long homosexualism

"Homosexualism"????

.....@mchsi.com

Mar 4, 2002, 12:00:35 PM3/4/02
On 3 Mar 2002 15:24:53 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
wrote:

This is the same Lisa Pease that has been a pain in the ass for so
many years on alt.conspiracy.jfk. She's a loony tune for sure. See's
CIA everywhere. Dismiss her.

Tom Hens

Mar 4, 2002, 12:02:01 PM3/4/02

High & Low Life <LordH...@hotmail.com> wrote...

> Gore is very open about his life-long homosexualism,

Just as open as he is about his life-long heterosexualism.

> and his partner of many years is now as elderly as he is.

And isn't his sexual partner, and hasn't been for the 50 years or so
they've been together.

Charles Krinsky

Mar 4, 2002, 2:05:22 PM3/4/02
Vidal is openly "bisexual" and has also openly discussed his romantic and/or
sexual relationships with men.

Miles

Mar 4, 2002, 2:50:32 PM3/4/02
jewishpun...@my-deja.com (DepressdGrl) wrote in message news:<af234cb1.02030...@posting.google.com>...

To add fule to the fire here...I had a close encounter with Paul
Newman back in the early 80's. At that time I was (OK, I'll admit it
*grin*, I was a pretty good lookin' 19 y.o. guy, albeit a heterosexual
good lookin' guy - but was often the target of a gay pick-up) at a
sports car race at Road Atlanta. Back then I had just started racing
Formula Fords and this particular weekend was the Camel GT race along
with some SCCA races - in which I was driving. Paul Newman was
racingin the Camel GT for Budwiser in a Nissan 300ZX twin turbo
machine (with about 700 hp). As luck would have it, that weekend our
paddock spot was right next to Newman's Bud team.

OK - on to the story. The Sunday evening after the races, everyone was
packing their trailers and such and the Newman crew was grilling
burgers and drinking beer. As my team (all three of us) were just
finished, 'ol Paul himself came over to me chatted for a few minutes,
mentioned that he saw me race that day and complemented me on a good
run. He then asked me (not my two other team members) to come over for
a burger and beer. I accepted - if it was alright to bring the other
guys over. He said OK and the rest of the eveing was pretty much just
racing talk. But, I did initially get the feeling that he was hitting
on me -- in retrospect, maybe he was. ;-)

Lisa Pease

Mar 4, 2002, 2:54:22 PM3/4/02
Baby Strange <babystrange...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<djc58ug92gng1gdtc...@4ax.com>...

> As I valiantly attempted to fight off the ice weasels,
> bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease) distracted me with:
>
> >A poster calling himself "Tom Hens" posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
> >my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.
> >
> <rolls eyes, starts snipping>
> >I shall quote from several *published* newspaper profiles of Newman
> >and Hotchner. String together the excerpts and you must entertain in
> >this group speculation about the sexuality of each man.
>
> <snipped what represents a really sad waste of many hours of someone's
> life that could have been spent on something *much* more meaningful
> and constructive than obsessing over the sex lives of strangers.>

You read it. Your waste of time is just as bad as mine.

> >I respect Paul Newman's intelligence and his combining it with the sex
> >symbol power to feed the hungry and heal the sick. I don't want to
> >hurt him.
>
> No? Then why spend so much time actively trying to prove he's gay?

I just want to get his name on the list of candidates. If people with
decades more to go in life can get speculated about (Tom Cruise and
John Travolta), why not someone like Mr. Newman who is wrapping things
up? I'm not out of line when I say that. Newspaper profiles plus the
1982 Time cover story emphasize his heavy drinking.

> >All I'm saying is that regulars in this group who spend so
> >much time on gay speculations are remiss if they ignore Newman.
>
> If you've spent much time around this newsgroup and paid attention to
> the "gay speculations," you would have noticed long ago that nobody
> here spends their free time obsessively looking for "proof" that any
> of the targets are gay.

You don't read this newsgroup carefully. It's filled with anecdotes
about XYZ famous person on a cruise or in a restaurant with a gay
lover. You need not be obsessive to savor those stories.

Nobody here takes it all that seriously; that
> you are so wrapped up in analyzing Paul Newman's sex life shows that
> you have some *serious* problems.

Why don't you slam the people who try to out Tom Cruise and John
Travolta?

> All of the points that you take as "evidence" that Newman is gay are
> based on stereotypes and innuendo, not *fact*. Your "proof" is weak
> at best, and has obviously been tailored to fit your pet theory.

How is the "proof" about Cruise and Travolta better than the
*published* and *theatrically released* evidence about Paul Newman?
I say "theatrically released" because you won't find Newman getting
busy with a woman during "The Hustler" or any of his subsequent
movies. Except for a deep kiss with the bisexual Julie Andrews in
"Torn Curtain" (1966).

> Shut off your computer, go outside, and for god's sake, get a fucking
> *life*...

Tell that to Ted Casablanca. You probably don't recognize his name.

Lisa Pease

Mar 4, 2002, 2:56:40 PM3/4/02
"P.J. Gladnick" <pjg...@gate.net> wrote in message news:<a5uc32$bmf$1...@slb2.atl.mindspring.net>...

> Does Paul Newman read opera gossip?

It doesn't appear in the publications he reads, if it appears anywhere
on paper. He's into the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, etc.
He reads up a lot on issues like nuclear disarmament before he meets
with politicians.

Lisa Pease

Mar 4, 2002, 2:59:27 PM3/4/02
"jmilam" <jmi...@bak.rr.com> wrote in message news:<DCzg8.19118$j47.6...@twister.socal.rr.com>...

> Get a LIFE for god sake!!!!!

Tell that to the people who try to out Tom Cruise, John Travolta,
Leonard Di Caprio, etc.

Lisa Pease

Mar 4, 2002, 3:33:10 PM3/4/02
"High & Low Life" <LordH...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<a5ugvs$a0voj$1...@ID-54485.news.dfncis.de>...

> Lisa Pease wrote:
>

> > A poster calling himself "Tom Hens" posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
> > my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.
> >
> > First, he quotes heavily from a 1995 book called "Palimpsest," the
> > autobiography of writer Gore Vidal. I have read the book and I have a
> > copy handy. Mr. Hens leans heavily on the portion of the book about
> > Joanne Woodward wanting to marry Vidal in the 1950s before she married
> > Newman. That doesn't mean all three parties were straight. Also, Mr.
> > Hens says Vidal isn't openly gay as I had said earlier. All right,
> > maybe I was too liberal about his openness, but many people believe
> > that he's gay or bisexual and that he now lives in Italy with a young
> > man he describes in the prologue of "Palimpsest."
>
> You clearly didn't read far in the book. That young man was killed in
> battle in WWII.

Wrong. His name is Howard Austen. Note page 132 in the hardback
edition: "Thus I was able, at twenty-five, to settle down with Howard
Austen, age twenty-one. We had met anonymously at the Everard Baths.
'How,' we are often asked, 'have you stayed together for forty-four
years?' The answer is, 'No sex.' This satisfies no one, of course,
but there, as Henry James would say, it is."

Maybe I erroneously called the book's first chapter a "prologue," but
looking over the chapter I see a reference to "our house here in
Ravello." The reader doesn't learn Howard's name for another 100 plus
pages.

> Gore is very open about his life-long homosexualism, and his partner of many
> years is now as elderly as he is.

Woops. Four years younger.

Vidal writes very candidly in
> *Palimpsest* about his sexual antics with men (he tells the reader, for
> instance, that he doesn't like anal sex). Not surprisingly, the stuff about
> his sex life is the most boring part of the book.

That doesn't mean Paul Newman dislikes anal sex or that stories of
*his* sex life would be boring.

> Hogarth

Lisa Pease

Mar 4, 2002, 3:56:35 PM3/4/02
"Tom Hens" <tom....@iname.com.DELETE.THIS.BIT> wrote in message news:<01c1c322$5273a6e0$LocalHost@gateway>...

> Lisa Pease <bucke...@hotmail.com> wrote...
>
> (I'm replying against my better judgement only to straighten out some minor
> points of fact.)
>
> > A poster calling himself "Tom Hens"
>
> It happens to be my name. Not everybody on Usenet feels the need to hide
> behind a pseudonym like you do.

Many do. It's the nature of the beast. Usenet is the beast.

> > posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
> > my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.
>
> I didn't "rebut" anything since there was nothing to rebut in the first
> place. I pointed out that what you wrote was irrelevant tripe held together
> by non-existent logic.

Non-existent? Explain how Mr. Newman could have "wandered into a gay
bar" with a pool table located in Manhattan? Source: the 1982 Time
cover story. Is he the type of stupid Connecticut suburbanite who
would park a station wagon filled with expensive luggage in Harlem?
That would be the tendency of someone who enters a Manhattan
pool-shooting gay bar without knowing in advance that it's gay.
What's so non-existent about all the films Mr. Newman made after "The
Hustler," projects over which he had almost total creative control?
The screenplays were written expressly for him. Why does he get a
little busy with only one woman, the bisexual Julie Andrews?

> > First, he quotes heavily from a 1995 book called "Palimpsest," the
> > autobiography of writer Gore Vidal.
>
> I quoted three short sentences. Calling that "quoting heavily" makes me
> think you're not much of a reader.
>
> > I have read the book and I have a
> > copy handy. Mr. Hens leans heavily on the portion of the book about
> > Joanne Woodward wanting to marry Vidal in the 1950s before she married
> > Newman.
>
> The small snippet I quoted from a description of the 1950s
> Newman/Woodward/Vidal friendship from Vidal's point of view expressly
> stated that Woodward *didn't* want to marry Vidal, and he didn't
> particularly want to marry her. You really can't read, can you?

Yes, I can. I see no evidence in "Palimpsest" that Gore Vidal ever
had an ongoing sexual relationship with a woman. That he spent so
much time with Newman and Woodward when their children were so young
is just one of many indicators that the couple has a liberally open
marriage. That doesn't mean Newman and Vidal touch each others' rear
ends.

> > That doesn't mean all three parties were straight. Also, Mr.
> > Hens says Vidal isn't openly gay as I had said earlier. All right,
> > maybe I was too liberal about his openness,
>
> No, you nitwit, I said he is not "openly gay", which you would know if you
> had actually read Palimpsest.

Is he straight?

> > but many people believe
> > that he's gay or bisexual and that he now lives in Italy with a young
> > man he describes in the prologue of "Palimpsest."
>
> Once again, you show that you haven't read Palimpsest, which describes
> Vidal's sexual history and current living arrangements quite clearly (not
> that any of that information was secret before Palimpsest was published,
> and parts of the book are made up of pieces Vidal published earlier).

He lives with Howard Austen, whose current or former profession is
never described in "Palimpsest" or the nine newspaper articles
dropping his name that turn up in the Lexis Nexis news database. I
wonder why Vidal has been so eager to buy Austen's food, clothing and
shelter for fifty years. Hmmm.

> There's also nothing called "prologue" in the book, and no description of
> any young man Vidal now supposedly lives with anywhere.

All right, so it's not a prologue, it's a regular chapter called
"Palimpsest." All right, so I thought of the not-very-hard-working
Mr. Austen as young at heart. He'd hardly fume about that.

> > Enough of that.
>
> Indeed.
>
> <rest of steaming pile of crap snipped>

And the PhD dissertations in this newsgroup about the sex lives of
Leonardo DiCaprio, John Travolta and Tom Cruise aren't crap?

> Tom ("The Gayness of Roy Marchel" would make a great title for a play,
> though)

The next person who encounters Paul Newman in a store should taunt him
not about his sex life but about Roy Marchel being the reason Paul is
afraid of the Indy Racing League. There must be some reason Paul
never races open-wheel.

Lisa Pease

Mar 4, 2002, 4:10:01 PM3/4/02
jewishpun...@my-deja.com (DepressdGrl) wrote in message news:<af234cb1.02030...@posting.google.com>...
> Paul is gay. I was friends/neighbors with a maid at the Pink Hotel
> (BH Hotel) and she went into the room to clean it.

Wait a minute. You're saying there's a Pink Hotel in Beverly Hills?
This would have to take place when he was a contract player and he
didn't yet have creative control of his projects. That started after
"The Hustler" in 1961. The films Paul made after that were filmed far
away from Beverly Hills, probably at his discretion. When he isn't
filming he's well-known for preferring Connecticut, New York City and
various motor sports venues to Southern California.

She saw him having
> sex with a man. She was shocked. He forgot to put the Do Not Disturb
> sign on the door.
>
> No one was more shocked than the maid.
>
> She told us of course though.
>
> I was pretty shocked as well when she told us. It was in the late
> 70's when she told us.

It had to have happened prior to 1961, if it happened at all. The
hotel sounds a little phony.

> dg

Callen Molenda

Mar 4, 2002, 4:33:00 PM3/4/02
Since Jefe doesn't seem to be around to say it, let me just say that I think I speak for all of asg when I say
"thank you" to Lisa Pease for her dogged determination to get to the bottom (heh heh, I said bottom) of this Paul
Newman gay thing.

C.

Lisa Pease wrote:

> "Tom Hens" <tom....@iname.com.DELETE.THIS.BIT> wrote in message news:<01c1c322$5273a6e0$LocalHost@gateway>...
> > Lisa Pease <bucke...@hotmail.com> wrote...
> >
> > (I'm replying against my better judgement only to straighten out some minor
> > points of fact.)
> >
> > > A poster calling himself "Tom Hens"
> >
> > It happens to be my name. Not everybody on Usenet feels the need to hide
> > behind a pseudonym like you do.

<snippety doo dah>

DepressdGrl

Mar 4, 2002, 5:27:35 PM3/4/02
Sounds like it to me Miles. Interesting though.

But even more interesting is that he's never been part of the Clams
($ci), like other closeted slebs who have the clams as their oncall
rent-a-suer.

dg

High & Low Life

Mar 4, 2002, 6:44:11 PM3/4/02

"Lisa Pease" <bucke...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Evidently I misunderstood you. It's been five or six years since I read the
book, and I thought you were referring to Jimmy ______?, Vidal's "other half
of the whole," or whatever he calls him, who was killed on Iwo Jima.

It's possible, of course, that Vidal and Austin have a chaste partnership;
whether it has always been so is not answered by Vidal's vague "no sex"
response. Perhaps the two of them have become just another old, sex-less
couple.

> > Gore is very open about his life-long homosexualism, and his partner of
many
> > years is now as elderly as he is.
>
> Woops. Four years younger.
>
> Vidal writes very candidly in
> > *Palimpsest* about his sexual antics with men (he tells the reader, for
> > instance, that he doesn't like anal sex). Not surprisingly, the stuff
about
> > his sex life is the most boring part of the book.
>
> That doesn't mean Paul Newman dislikes anal sex or that stories of
> *his* sex life would be boring.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. *Everybody's* sex life is boring if you've got one of your
own. As for the particular case of Newman, who cares? He's a fine actor
who has made a few really good movies. I suspect that, like many actors,
he's tried everything, from soup to nuts.

Hogarth

High & Low Life

Mar 4, 2002, 6:47:39 PM3/4/02

"Tom Hens" <tom....@iname.com.DELETE.THIS.BIT> wrote in message

*LOL*
Perhaps, then, you can tell me if Britney is still a virgin?

Hogarth

Podkayne Fries

Mar 4, 2002, 7:08:59 PM3/4/02
wrote:

>A poster calling himself "Tom Hens" posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
>my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.

So, do tell ... when did Paul spurn your advances, and why do you feel
the need to rant?

--
Regards, Podkayne Fries

"The truth is, I like this world. You've got dog racing,
Manchester United. And you've got people. Billions of
people walking around like Happy Meals with legs." -
Spike, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, "Becoming, Part 2"

Podkayne Fries

Mar 4, 2002, 7:09:10 PM3/4/02

But we haven't had a really *interesting* looney in the gossip groups
for such a long time! Let's wait a while and see if she might end up as
a new chew toy. I'm awfully tired of Alan Jones, and that book freak has
gone away, too.

<sigh> They just don't make trolls like they used to.

Tom Hens

Mar 4, 2002, 9:51:03 PM3/4/02

.........@mchsi.com wrote...

Now I feel cheated. Since Gore Vidal was also friends with JFK and Jackie,
which means they were both bisexual, surely she could have found a way of
weaving that into this story as well?

Tom (and I'm sure there's a pool table or two to be found in the White
House to add further weight to her evidence)

jefe88

Mar 5, 2002, 2:49:00 AM3/5/02

"Callen Molenda" <ac...@virginia.edu> wrote in message

> Since Jefe doesn't seem to be around to say it, let me just say that I
think I speak for all of asg when I say
> "thank you" to Lisa Pease for her dogged determination to get to the
bottom (heh heh, I said bottom) of this Paul
> Newman gay thing.
>
> C.

Where, oh where is Jefe when he's needed? Oh, never mind, he's not needed;
Callen's doing just fine.

Signed,
All of ASG

Lisa Pease

Mar 5, 2002, 11:33:17 AM3/5/02
"Tom Hens" <tom....@iname.com.DELETE.THIS.BIT> wrote in message news:<01c1c3ec$1539eb20$LocalHost@gateway>...

> .........@mchsi.com wrote...
>
> > On 3 Mar 2002 15:24:53 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> > wrote:
> >
> > This is the same Lisa Pease that has been a pain in the ass for so
> > many years on alt.conspiracy.jfk. She's a loony tune for sure. See's
> > CIA everywhere. Dismiss her.
>
> Now I feel cheated. Since Gore Vidal was also friends with JFK and Jackie,
> which means they were both bisexual,

No, it means they both had power. Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.
Are you dumb enough to think nobody knew that before Henry Kissinger
made money off it?

Also, Gore Vidal and Jackie were more than friends. They were step
relatives, which you would know if you read "Palimpsest."

surely she could have found a way of
> weaving that into this story as well?

I don't weave baseless rumors into posts for this newsgroup. Should
you decide to read the posts carefully, you will find citations from
New York Times and St. Louis Post-Dispatch articles that indicate an
inordinately close relationship between Paul Newman and A. E.
Hotchner. The Post-Dispatch says Hotchner is divorced, and it omits
any clues about who his ex-wife was or about other women he has dated.
So you say it was trying to avoid invasion of privacy? Then why did
it say he was divorced? Consider Hotchner's lack of fame and how old
he is. For decades it was scandalous for an obscure St. Louis native
of his generation to get a divorce -- be it for heterosexual or
homosexual reasons. It remained scandalous until Hotchner was pushing
fifty in the early 1970s. Why upset him in print when he's plugging a
history book about his hometown?

> Tom (and I'm sure there's a pool table or two to be found in the White
> House to add further weight to her evidence)

Plus a back room where people exchange HIV? Ben Bradlee, Woodward and
Bernstein and Meg Greenfield are either stupid or they're so oblivious
to the Matthew Shepard movement that they refuse to discuss gay
activity in the White House? They call themselves liberals, and to
this day the Washington Post defends lesbian nuns who get audited by
the IRS because they met Andrea Yates once at a church counselling
center, telling her: "Read Robin Morgan. Sisterhood is powerful. So
is motherhood."

Consider that the Time magazine story about Newman "wandering into a
gay bar" near his home was printed in 1982, when HIV might have been
the nickname of an obscure radio station called WHIV or KHIV. New
Yorkers who were not interested in a gay one-night stand might have
been blithely tolerant of a lot of things, but were they stupid enough
to think "meat market" meant delicatessen?

Lisa Pease

Mar 5, 2002, 11:40:40 AM3/5/02
fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c840ba8...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> On 3 Mar 2002 15:24:53 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> wrote:
>
> >A poster calling himself "Tom Hens" posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
> >my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.
> >
> So, do tell ... when did Paul spurn your advances, and why do you feel
> the need to rant?

Why aren't you saying that about regulars in this group who dwell on
the sexuality of Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise and John Travolta? If
you point out that they comment on hot actors whose movies have
flooded the box office and video market for the last five years, then
why aren't you picking on Paul Newman for using his fame for political
causes and motor sports even though sixteen years have passed since
his last hit movie? (The Color of Money) And how much longer is this
very post than your average attempt to out DiCaprio, Cruise and
Travolta?

Imogen

Mar 5, 2002, 11:49:19 AM3/5/02
In article <ML_g8.37942$0C1.3...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
jefe88 <jef...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Hey, I am the only one who speaks for Jefe when he speaks for asg. Has
the whole world gone to hell in a handbasket?

Imogen

MLYoung

Mar 5, 2002, 3:35:37 PM3/5/02
>Plus a back room where people exchange HIV? Ben Bradlee, Woodward and
>Bernstein and Meg Greenfield are either stupid or they're so oblivious
>to the Matthew Shepard movement that they refuse to discuss gay
>activity in the White House? They call themselves liberals, and to
>this day the Washington Post defends lesbian nuns who get audited by
>the IRS because they met Andrea Yates once at a church counselling
>center, telling her: "Read Robin Morgan. Sisterhood is powerful. So
>is motherhood."

Cool, she's totally and bipartisanly bats.

--margaret

Rita Hansard

Mar 5, 2002, 6:05:44 PM3/5/02

Lisa Pease wrote:

I think it's because there's a conspiracy against you, Lisa. Stick to your guns, girl, no doubt all
your hard work will pay off in the end.

Rita Hansard

Mar 5, 2002, 6:15:08 PM3/5/02

MLYoung wrote:

Yes, a condition you can definitely relate to.

> --margaret

Podkayne Fries

Mar 5, 2002, 6:23:42 PM3/5/02
On 5 Mar 2002 08:33:17 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
wrote:

>Consider that the Time magazine story about Newman "wandering into a
>gay bar" near his home was printed in 1982, when HIV might have been
>the nickname of an obscure radio station called WHIV or KHIV.

Big fat hairy deal. I didn't know that a bar I frequent occasionally
was a gay pick-up joint until my lesbian cousin-in-law told me. It
isn't as if it had a big neon sign that said "Gays Only".

Podkayne Fries

Mar 5, 2002, 6:23:44 PM3/5/02
On 5 Mar 2002 08:40:40 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
wrote:

>fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c840ba8...@news.cis.dfn.de>...
>> On 3 Mar 2002 15:24:53 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >A poster calling himself "Tom Hens" posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
>> >my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.
>> >
>> So, do tell ... when did Paul spurn your advances, and why do you feel
>> the need to rant?
>
>Why aren't you saying that about regulars in this group who dwell on
>the sexuality of Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise and John Travolta?

Because they're interesting to read and you're skirting Loony Maroony
territory.

DepressdGrl

Mar 5, 2002, 7:40:23 PM3/5/02
Lisa, dear, look up the Beverly Hills Hotel. Surely with your research skills....

*throws* hands up

dg

John Smith

Mar 5, 2002, 11:42:41 PM3/5/02

Podkayne Fries wrote:

Me too. Back in the eighties I would go to gay dance clubs. Why? Simple:
1) The gay clubs played the hottest dance music before anyone else got
wind of the beat.
2) By 1983, the gay clubs were getting more and more straight women, who
came to the gay clubs for the music. (See 1).) Any guy with half a brain
who was wanting to meet straight women headed to these clubs.
3) If you lived in downtown Toronto, chances were (are) that some of your
friends were (are) gay. So you sometimes would go to the gay clubs at the
behest of your gay friends. Any guy who openly protested going to these
"dens of sin" usually had problems with their own identity. I didn't,
and I often had a good time that usually involved taking some drunk punk
girl home to her parents via subway.

Anyone who has been to a gay club in the eighties raise your hands.

John

jefe88

Mar 6, 2002, 2:45:41 AM3/6/02

"Imogen" <Imo...@nowhere.com> wrote

> jefe88 <jef...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > "Callen Molenda" <ac...@virginia.edu> wrote > >

> Since Jefe doesn't seem to be around to say it, let me just say that I

> > think I speak for all of asg when I say
> > > "thank you" to Lisa Pease for her dogged determination to get to the
> > bottom (heh heh, I said bottom) of this Paul
> > > Newman gay thing.
> > >
> > > C.
> >
> > Where, oh where is Jefe when he's needed? Oh, never mind, he's not
needed;
> > Callen's doing just fine.
> >
> > Signed,
> > All of ASG
>
> Hey, I am the only one who speaks for Jefe when he speaks for asg. Has
> the whole world gone to hell in a handbasket?
>
> Imogen

...and *you* are?

Signed, the rest of ASG

Callen Molenda

Mar 6, 2002, 9:35:01 AM3/6/02
jefe88 wrote:

She's just a sycophant, dear. Ignore her, and come sit next to me.

C.

Imogen

Mar 6, 2002, 12:00:05 PM3/6/02
In article <FOjh8.40379$0C1.3...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
jefe88 <jef...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Who said you could speak for the Princess? You're in trouble now.

Imogen

Lisa Pease

Mar 6, 2002, 2:52:17 PM3/6/02
fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c8543b3...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> On 5 Mar 2002 08:33:17 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> wrote:
> >
> >Consider that the Time magazine story about Newman "wandering into a
> >gay bar" near his home was printed in 1982, when HIV might have been
> >the nickname of an obscure radio station called WHIV or KHIV.
>
> Big fat hairy deal. I didn't know that a bar I frequent occasionally
> was a gay pick-up joint until my lesbian cousin-in-law told me. It
> isn't as if it had a big neon sign that said "Gays Only".

Is it in Manhattan? Can you walk from it to stores that sell cooking
utensils and photographic supplies and cameras in the middle of the
night? Do you pay three thousand dollars a month for a one bedroom?
Should you want a home the size of Paul Newman's near Manhattan, do
you have three million dollars to spare? Did you talk intelligently
about nuclear disarmament with U.S. senators and congresspersons
before you found out your bar was a gay pick-up joint? Hundreds of
political movers and shakers can testify that Paul Newman has been a
quick study at least as far back as 1968, when he and Arthur Miller,
another very well-travelled and sharp guy, sat next to each other as
delegates in Chicago.

If you still maintain that Newman might not have known in advance that
a Manhattan bar he entered *without Joanne* was gay, then please
identify the impostor in Chicago in 1968 and the impostor at a Capitol
Hill congressional luncheon in the early 70s. Several newspaper
articles and books on Newman describe his political ventures in which
he did *not* make a fool of himself. What will you say next? That
when he reached the U.S. Capitol he "wandered into" the room with
vending machines used by janitors and asked them to dismantle the
thingmabob in Norfolk, Virginia?

Lisa Pease

Mar 6, 2002, 3:11:38 PM3/6/02
fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c854429...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> On 5 Mar 2002 08:40:40 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> wrote:
>
> >fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c840ba8...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> >> So, do tell ... when did Paul spurn your advances, and why do you feel
> >> the need to rant?
> >
> >Why aren't you saying that about regulars in this group who dwell on
> >the sexuality of Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise and John Travolta?
>
> Because they're interesting to read and you're skirting Loony Maroony
> territory.

You mean those actors are interesting to read about because they're
all over cable TV channels, regular broadcast channels and magazines?
Their movies hold little if any evidence of what they do off-camera,
but at least the movies are hot and you can start a decent
conversation with strangers by naming the titles of those films.
"Paul Newman" suggests that somebody is time travelling to the era
before outing. Rock Hudson and Liberace were the only gay celebrities
then? So said People magazine in Hudson's obit and Liberace's obit.
If you examine other sources, then you're flirting with Loony Maroony
time travelling? Even if the other sources are Time magazine, the New
York Times and St. Louis Post-Dispatch?

MLYoung

Mar 6, 2002, 3:54:03 PM3/6/02
>So said People magazine in Hudson's obit and Liberace's obit.
>If you examine other sources, then you're flirting with Loony Maroony
>time travelling? Even if the other sources are Time magazine, the New
>York Times and St. Louis Post-Dispatch?

But none of those sources say that he's
gay. They say he has a male neighbor
with whom he's friends. That's actually
not uncommon.

--margaret

Lisa Pease

Mar 6, 2002, 4:15:19 PM3/6/02
John Smith <jsm...@netrover.com> wrote in message news:<3C859E41...@netrover.com>...

> Podkayne Fries wrote:
>
> > On 5 Mar 2002 08:33:17 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> > wrote:
> > >
> > >Consider that the Time magazine story about Newman "wandering into a
> > >gay bar" near his home was printed in 1982, when HIV might have been
> > >the nickname of an obscure radio station called WHIV or KHIV.
> >
> > Big fat hairy deal. I didn't know that a bar I frequent occasionally
> > was a gay pick-up joint until my lesbian cousin-in-law told me. It
> > isn't as if it had a big neon sign that said "Gays Only".
> >
> > --
> > Regards, Podkayne Fries
> >
> > "The truth is, I like this world. You've got dog racing,
> > Manchester United. And you've got people. Billions of
> > people walking around like Happy Meals with legs." -
> > Spike, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, "Becoming, Part 2"
>
> Me too. Back in the eighties I would go to gay dance clubs. Why? Simple:
> 1) The gay clubs played the hottest dance music before anyone else got
> wind of the beat.

If Paul Newman liked that music in the early 1980s, why didn't he put
it on the score of "Fort Apache The Bronx" or "The Verdict?" If you
say he didn't have enough creative control to do that, you're on
another planet.

> 2) By 1983, the gay clubs were getting more and more straight women, who
> came to the gay clubs for the music. (See 1).)

Now we have Joanne Woodward jamming out to "Tainted Love." Why didn't
she put that genre of music in her telefilm "Do You Remember Love?"
It had juvenile and young-adult actors in it. You have to acknowledge
her creative control if you want to stay on our planet.

Any guy with half a brain
> who was wanting to meet straight women headed to these clubs.

You can't score on Capitol Hill if you get invited to travel 500 miles
to attend a nuclear disarmament luncheon there as Paul Newman did?
Gary Condit must have a lot of money to bribe Chandra Levy to go into
hiding in Lebanon. The Lebanese could use her magical ability to fix
problems in a prison system. God knows who retouched snapshots of her
to remove her obesity. Why would some bureaucrat in Beirut or DC make
a pass at a fatso who feels sorry for convicted murderers? Sort of
like a fat version of Sister Helen Prejean.

> 3) If you lived in downtown Toronto, chances were (are) that some of your
> friends were (are) gay.

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodwards' Connecticut house used to visit
downtown Toronto in the pre-AIDS era? Surrender, Dorothy! Surrender,
Wicked Witch of the West!

So you sometimes would go to the gay clubs at the
> behest of your gay friends.

Eugene McCarthy? This is getting good. Maybe the retired U.S.
senator will blurt out his love for old friend Paul Newman the next
time he appears on National Public Radio. It's "liberal," right?

Any guy who openly protested going to these
> "dens of sin" usually had problems with their own identity. I didn't,
> and I often had a good time that usually involved taking some drunk punk
> girl home to her parents via subway.

You insensitive cad. You should have finessed her into a movie
theater that showed "The Verdict" starring Paul Newman. That way she
would have learned that she had every right to be a punk. The movie
makes the Roman Catholic archdiocese look bad. Punk rock fans in 1982
who hated the diocese couldn't have behaved badly, too, could they?
Oh, no. Let's see, eliminate Capitol Hill, the church and green hair.
The only place where a powerful American media mixer like Henry
Kissinger or Melvin Belli or Paul Newman or Joanne Woodward can get
laid safely is in Canada? Then what's Maggie Trudeau's excuse for
becoming mentally ill? She got old, but she didn't get fat. Unless
someone retouched the snapshots.

> Anyone who has been to a gay club in the eighties raise your hands.

And read up on the stuff Paul Newman knows about automobiles and food.
What's that, you say the stuff is boring? People who can tolerate
boredom for five hours never get laid, right?

> John

John Smith

Mar 6, 2002, 4:33:31 PM3/6/02

Lisa Pease wrote:

Are you nuts?

John

Lautrec1890

Mar 6, 2002, 4:37:12 PM3/6/02
<< If Paul Newman liked that music in the early 1980s, why didn't he put
it on the score of "Fort Apache The Bronx" or "The Verdict?" >>

Lisa Please- you are being ridiculous. Your evidence is fragmentary and
hearsay- and I'M gay.
It's actually kind of homophobic that you think Newman can't be friends with
gay people and still be straight.

Lautrec1890

Mar 6, 2002, 4:40:38 PM3/6/02
<< If you still maintain that Newman might not have known in advance that
a Manhattan bar he entered *without Joanne* was gay, >>

Well Lisa I am gay and live in Manhattan many years- please identify the bar
you are talking about. Now.
Before you further embarrass yourself.
I'm also well-read in the history of gay life in Manhattan from 1945 on, so
tell us what bar it was and then we can talk.

Rita Hansard

Mar 6, 2002, 4:51:07 PM3/6/02

John Smith wrote:

Of course she isn't. Do please be nice to our very prolific and hard working contributors.

> John

Nurktwn

Mar 6, 2002, 4:57:29 PM3/6/02

> If Paul Newman liked that music in the early 1980s, why didn't he put
> it on the score of "Fort Apache The Bronx" or "The Verdict?" If you
> say he didn't have enough creative control to do that, you're on
> another planet.

> Now we have Joanne Woodward jamming out to "Tainted Love." Why didn't

> she put that genre of music in her telefilm "Do You Remember Love?"
> It had juvenile and young-adult actors in it. You have to acknowledge
> her creative control if you want to stay on our planet.

I get it. This is a joke, right?

Tom Hens

Mar 6, 2002, 5:08:12 PM3/6/02

Podkayne Fries <fr...@fairfieldi.com> wrote...

> On 5 Mar 2002 08:40:40 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> wrote:

<snip>

> >Why aren't you saying that about regulars in this group who dwell on
> >the sexuality of Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise and John Travolta?
>
> Because they're interesting to read and you're skirting Loony Maroony
> territory.

That would be "skirting" in the sense of "right smack-bang in the middle
of", yes?

Podkayne Fries

Mar 6, 2002, 8:45:27 PM3/6/02

This is
(a) J. Random Loon, or
(b) a troll.

Doctor Wu

Mar 6, 2002, 9:09:07 PM3/6/02
In article <3c86c60c...@news.cis.dfn.de>,
fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote:

> >> Now we have Joanne Woodward jamming out to "Tainted Love." Why didn't
> >> she put that genre of music in her telefilm "Do You Remember Love?"
> >> It had juvenile and young-adult actors in it. You have to acknowledge
> >> her creative control if you want to stay on our planet.
> >>
> >I get it. This is a joke, right?
>
> This is
> (a) J. Random Loon, or
> (b) a troll.

(c) what's the difference?

--
Lisa

Doctor Wu

Mar 6, 2002, 9:11:57 PM3/6/02
In article <cc1b1d23.02030...@posting.google.com>,
bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease) wrote:

> If you still maintain that Newman might not have known in advance that
> a Manhattan bar he entered *without Joanne* was gay, then please
> identify the impostor in Chicago in 1968 and the impostor at a Capitol
> Hill congressional luncheon in the early 70s. Several newspaper
> articles and books on Newman describe his political ventures in which
> he did *not* make a fool of himself. What will you say next? That
> when he reached the U.S. Capitol he "wandered into" the room with
> vending machines used by janitors and asked them to dismantle the
> thingmabob in Norfolk, Virginia?

this is very interesting and scary at the same time that you know all
this. I've never heard that he was gay, but he does set my gaydar
a-pinging.

--
Lisa

Bigolhomo

Mar 6, 2002, 11:42:47 PM3/6/02

"Lisa Pease" <bucke...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Is there a point to all this psychotic babbling? If he is gay or bisexual,
so what? Why do you feel the need to create novel size posts to prove your
point? What are you getting out of it? Do you realize that you sound like
an obsessed moron?

Bigolhomo

mystique

Mar 7, 2002, 12:27:04 AM3/7/02

{garbage dumped}

> Is there a point to all this psychotic babbling? If he is gay or
bisexual,
> so what? Why do you feel the need to create novel size posts to prove
your
> point? What are you getting out of it? Do you realize that you sound
like
> an obsessed moron?
>
> Bigolhomo
MTE BigGuy!
Methinks that Ms.Pease got herself a bad batch of salad dressing, so now
she's going for the jugular in revenge............
Paul's done so much for charities I personally wouldn't care if he was doing
a monitor lizard in his free time. He's a wonderful human being, regardless
of any orientation questions.

MLYoung

Mar 7, 2002, 2:00:01 AM3/7/02
>If Paul Newman liked that music in the early 1980s, why didn't he put
>it on the score of "Fort Apache The Bronx" or "The Verdict?" If you
>say he didn't have enough creative control to do that, you're on
>another planet.

Oh, dear. Well, let's see, because 80's
disco music wouldn't have fit the mood
of either picture.

>Gary Condit must have a lot of money to bribe Chandra Levy to go into
>hiding in Lebanon. The Lebanese could use her magical ability to fix
>problems in a prison system. God knows who retouched snapshots of her
>to remove her obesity. W

Hon, you are insane. You do realize that,
don't you?

--margaret

Podkayne Fries

Mar 7, 2002, 11:29:00 AM3/7/02
On 6 Mar 2002 12:11:38 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
wrote:

>fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c854429...@news.cis.dfn.de>...
>> On 5 Mar 2002 08:40:40 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
>> wrote:

>> >Why aren't you saying that about regulars in this group who dwell on
>> >the sexuality of Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise and John Travolta?
>>
>> Because they're interesting to read and you're skirting Loony Maroony
>> territory.
>
>You mean those actors are interesting to read about because they're
>all over cable TV channels, regular broadcast channels and magazines?

English isn't your first language, is it? Reread what I wrote - I was
referring to the regulars in this group, not to any movie stars.

Podkayne Fries

Mar 7, 2002, 11:29:01 AM3/7/02
On 6 Mar 2002 11:52:17 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
wrote:

>Is it in Manhattan?

Nope, central Ohio.

>Can you walk from it to stores that sell cooking
>utensils and photographic supplies and cameras in the middle of the
>night?

As a matter of fact, yes.

>Do you pay three thousand dollars a month for a one bedroom?

My last mortage cost double that per year for a four-bedroom house in a
nice neighborhood.

>Should you want a home the size of Paul Newman's near Manhattan, do
>you have three million dollars to spare?

Who would want to live in NY? I'll pass.

> Did you talk intelligently
>about nuclear disarmament with U.S. senators and congresspersons
>before you found out your bar was a gay pick-up joint?

Around here, the local politicos are more likely to be found in the
redneck bars. They're seldom able to talk intelligently about anything.

Podkayne Fries

Mar 7, 2002, 11:29:04 AM3/7/02
On 6 Mar 2002 22:08:12 GMT, "Tom Hens"
<tom....@iname.com.DELETE.THIS.BIT> wrote:

"Loony Maroony" is full-tilt bugfuck bull goose loony, not just J.
Random Loony. Alan Jones is J. Random Loony and Archimedes Plutonium
is Loony Maroony.

Podkayne Fries

Mar 7, 2002, 11:29:10 AM3/7/02

A loon is someone who's obsessed about something - Alan and Whacko is a
good example. The loon might be certifiable, but could just be someone
with a bug up his butt.

A troll is someone who posts something to stir up shit or get attention.
When I reply to Alan's posts, most of what I write is trolling.

Podkayne Fries

Mar 7, 2002, 11:29:12 AM3/7/02
On Thu, 07 Mar 2002 05:27:04 GMT, "mystique"
<incre...@enchantment.com> wrote:

>Paul's done so much for charities I personally wouldn't care if he was doing
>a monitor lizard in his free time.

I've always said that I don't care if someone sleeps with men, women or
poultry as long as you and the chicken of your choice are in a mutually
monogamous relationship (to avoid spreading diseases among the populace)
and show some dignity and restraint. Holding hands and showing
affection in public is one thing, but I hate seeing people practically
having sex in public. Get a room, for crying out loud, and act like
adults.

> He's a wonderful human being, regardless
>of any orientation questions.

He and Joanne might both be bi. Big deal. If they are, at least they
have enough respect for themselves and their families to be discreet.

John Smith

Mar 7, 2002, 6:37:45 PM3/7/02

Rufus Globus wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Mar 2002, fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote:
> >On Thu, 07 Mar 2002 05:27:04 GMT, "mystique"
> ><incre...@enchantment.com> wrote:
> >

> >> He's a wonderful human being, regardless
> >>of any orientation questions.
> >
> >He and Joanne might both be bi. Big deal. If they are, at least they
> >have enough respect for themselves and their families to be discreet.
> >

> I have to laugh at the hurt feelings caused by Lisa Pease 'outing'
> Newman as a part-time faggot. Scummy tidbits like that are a mainstay
> of this group, thank God; why get upset because Newman is one of the
> fags? Get a sleazy laugh out of it, thank Lisa for her work, and move
> on to the next Hollywood weirdo.
>
> And when you have the time, re-evaluate Newman's movies for their
> hidden-fag potential. Cripes, there's probably an advanced degree or
> two in it for the academically inclined.

Actually, I watch his films for the hidden Masonic messages. If you play
The Sting backwards during the card games, you can hear him say, "I buried
Ringo."

As you have said, Ruf, getting one's shorts in a knot over one's private
life is sad...but fun to read about! That's why I always come back here.

John- who is not a Mason...

...(or is he?...)

Podkayne Fries

Mar 7, 2002, 10:16:59 PM3/7/02
On 7 Mar 2002 17:54:06 -0000, Rufus Globus <glo...@hollywood.com> wrote:

>I have to laugh at the hurt feelings caused by Lisa Pease 'outing'
>Newman as a part-time faggot. Scummy tidbits like that are a mainstay
>of this group, thank God; why get upset because Newman is one of the
>fags? Get a sleazy laugh out of it, thank Lisa for her work, and move
>on to the next Hollywood weirdo.
>
>And when you have the time, re-evaluate Newman's movies for their
>hidden-fag potential. Cripes, there's probably an advanced degree or
>two in it for the academically inclined.

I wondered how long it would take the sock puppets to come out and play.
Let's see .. you support Lisa, you don't seem to understand the culture
of either alt.gossip.celebrities or alt.showbiz.gossip, the point of the
replies have sailed right over your head, you're posting from an
anonymous server with a "no archive" tag in the headers ... yup, smells
like Sock Puppet Theatre to me.

==============

Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.showbiz.gossip
Date: 7 Mar 2002 17:54:06 -0000
From: Rufus Globus <glo...@hollywood.com>
Subject: Re: Paul Newman Is Bisexual: String Together Several
*PUBLISHED* Clues

================

Lisa Pease

Mar 7, 2002, 11:59:32 PM3/7/02
John Smith <jsm...@netrover.com> wrote in message news:<3C868B2B...@netrover.com>...

How many holes does your brain have? I made the point that a wealthy
intelligent Capitol Hill-respected movie star, who can have his pick
of anyone should he desire to cheat on his wife, couldn't possibly
enter a Manhattan gay bar containing a pool table without knowing in
advance that it's gay. Then people (possibly including you, I can't
see the headers now) replied with stories of straight men visiting gay
bars in the pre-AIDS era. That's a non sequitur. Those men aren't
Paul Newman. Women were flinging themselves at him everywhere he went
during the pre-AIDS era.

If you cite your own memories of bar hopping twenty years ago in order
to shine light on Paul Newman's options for a one-night stand, then
*you* are nuts. The restaurant and hotel industries would do well to
avoid hiring you, as their business requires their people to know why
women are running around the lobby shrieking at the sight of a total
stranger. The subject of this thread is Paul Newman. You're using
non sequiturs that reveal your feeblemindedness.

> John

Lisa Pease

Mar 8, 2002, 12:02:13 AM3/8/02
Rita Hansard <r_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3C868F4B...@hotmail.com>...

Thank you. It's a very simple concept. The subject of this thread is
Paul Newman. If you cite your memories of bar hopping in the pre-AIDS
era, that has nothing to do with the options Paul Newman had for a
one-night stand. What will someone say next, that they can understand
how he operates his Newman's Own business because they once sold Girl
Scout cookies?

> > John

Lisa Pease

Mar 8, 2002, 12:19:57 AM3/8/02
"Nurktwn" <nur...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:<dhwh8.17419$Dl4.1...@typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>...

Yes, I'm joking. In all seriousness, the names Paul Newman and Joanne
Woodward meant nothing in the entertainment business in the early
1980s. If they enjoyed classical music or jazz, they had to forego
all that in order to arrange a one-night stand with a young stranger.
That's right, in order to get laid they had to endure loud dance
music. They had to leave their rat-infested efficiency apartment in
the working class section of Westport, Connecticut and ride a
Greyhound bus to Manhattan, by which time they were so tired (both
were over fifty then) that one of them might very well "wander into a
gay bar" unwittingly. The pool table was a plus, as Mr. and Mrs.
Newman couldn't afford to buy one.

Paul will be 78 this year. Joanne is six years younger. Would you
like to take up a collection to help her with funeral and burial
expenses? Neither of them has earned a living at acting, and Paul's
pension from the salad dressing factory that employed him for forty
years won't cover the mortal expenses. How sad. I guess it's true
what they say about Hollywood, that its people are too stupid to
recognize any acting talent at all. Those truly talented folks who
manage to beat the system and get rich have to stand in the same line
as everyone else should they desire an extramarital affair. That's so
sad I just had to kid you in my previous post.

Lisa Pease

Mar 8, 2002, 12:30:49 AM3/8/02
"Bigolhomo" <lynch...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<bdCh8.42120$0C1.3...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

I agree. There's nothing wrong with it. His creative talent is what
society should care about.

Why do you feel the need to create novel size posts to prove your
> point?

What difference would it have made if I had written a very short post
saying "He and Joanne set off my gaydar?" That still would be outing.
At least I'm citing published sources. There's no mystery about the
intelligence that Capitol Hill people look for in an actor who uses
his fame to preach there. Clearly, Newman is too intelligent and
resourceful to "wander into a gay bar" unwittingly.

What are you getting out of it? Do you realize that you sound like
> an obsessed moron?

How intelligent are the many regulars in this group who rely on the
quickie "gaydar" machine? Does a similar machine exist to tell us
about the guilt or innocence of O. J. Simpson and Robert Blake? The
money would lie there, not in an outing machine.

> Bigolhomo

Lisa Pease

Mar 8, 2002, 12:32:04 AM3/8/02
Doctor Wu <la...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<laa34-1351D4....@news.comcast.giganews.com>...

It's all in published sources. Time magazine. The New York Times.
St. Louis Post - Dispatch. What's the mystery?

Lisa Pease

Mar 8, 2002, 12:35:18 AM3/8/02
"mystique" <incre...@enchantment.com> wrote in message news:<ISCh8.65856$yL2.5...@bin6.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>...

> {garbage dumped}
> > >

> > Is there a point to all this psychotic babbling? If he is gay or
> bisexual,
> > so what? Why do you feel the need to create novel size posts to prove
> your
> > point? What are you getting out of it? Do you realize that you sound
> like
> > an obsessed moron?
> >
> > Bigolhomo
> MTE BigGuy!
> Methinks that Ms.Pease got herself a bad batch of salad dressing, so now
> she's going for the jugular in revenge............

No, instead I got addicted to the Oreo-like cookies with Paul's
picture on the plastic cover. I think his daughter Nell doesn't
appear on that one.

> Paul's done so much for charities I personally wouldn't care if he was doing
> a monitor lizard in his free time. He's a wonderful human being, regardless
> of any orientation questions.

I agree. He's a much more well-rounded and intelligent person than
Tom Cruise, John Travolta or Leonardo DiCaprio. I can understand if
*that's* the reason nobody cares about them getting outed yet people
do squeal about Paul Newman. If it's the reason, why doesn't someone
just say that? Usenet is supposed to be straight from the shoulder.

Lisa Pease

Mar 8, 2002, 12:40:38 AM3/8/02
fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c878ff4...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> On 6 Mar 2002 22:08:12 GMT, "Tom Hens"
> <tom....@iname.com.DELETE.THIS.BIT> wrote:
>

> >Podkayne Fries <fr...@fairfieldi.com> wrote...
> >
> >> On 5 Mar 2002 08:40:40 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> >> wrote:
> <snip>
> >>
> >> Because they're interesting to read and you're skirting Loony Maroony
> >> territory.
> >
> >That would be "skirting" in the sense of "right smack-bang in the middle
> >of", yes?
> >

> "Loony Maroony" is full-tilt bugfuck bull goose loony, not just J.
> Random Loony. Alan Jones is J. Random Loony and Archimedes Plutonium
> is Loony Maroony.

And you aren't funny. As a serious chronicler of people you make no
sense. Have fun with the tooth fairy.

Lisa Pease

Mar 8, 2002, 12:42:54 AM3/8/02
fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c878e03...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> On 6 Mar 2002 12:11:38 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> wrote:
>
> >fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c854429...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> >> Because they're interesting to read and you're skirting Loony Maroony
> >> territory.
> >
> >You mean those actors are interesting to read about because they're
> >all over cable TV channels, regular broadcast channels and magazines?
>
> English isn't your first language, is it? Reread what I wrote - I was
> referring to the regulars in this group, not to any movie stars.

Duh! You're supposed to read this newsgroup for gossip about famous
people. Information about them is available outside the group.
That's not the case with Usenet regulars.

Lisa Pease

Mar 8, 2002, 12:48:27 AM3/8/02
"Tom Hens" <tom....@iname.com.DELETE.THIS.BIT> wrote in message news:<01c1c54a$b647dfe0$LocalHost@gateway>...

If Gore Vidal could hear you, he would use your lexicon to converse
with Andrea Yates' husband in an interview that Gore could get if he
wanted it. He can put his own sexuality aside when he digests news
and gossip reports unlike you.

Lisa Pease

Mar 8, 2002, 1:04:28 AM3/8/02
fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c878e8a...@news.cis.dfn.de>...

> On 6 Mar 2002 11:52:17 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> wrote:
>

> >Is it in Manhattan?
>
> Nope, central Ohio.

Then you know nothing about the bar scene in Manhattan in the pre-AIDS
era or the resources of rich and powerful people there.

> >Can you walk from it to stores that sell cooking
> >utensils and photographic supplies and cameras in the middle of the
> >night?
>
> As a matter of fact, yes.

Bullshit. My friend Ron Pataky, former theater and film critic for
the Citizen Journal, has lived in several parts of the Columbus area,
and he says you're wrong. Everyone knows the point-and-shoot cameras
at CVS pharmacy can't help the professional photographers who rely on
the equipment that is more plentiful in Manhattan, which is where Paul
Newman "wandered into" that bar.

> >Do you pay three thousand dollars a month for a one bedroom?
>
> My last mortage cost double that per year for a four-bedroom house in a
> nice neighborhood.

Your choice. Pataky has paid less than $1,000 a month rent for
four-bedroom apartments at 69 South 18th Street in Columbus and in the
town of Delaware. The crime rates are low in each neighborhood.

> >Should you want a home the size of Paul Newman's near Manhattan, do
> >you have three million dollars to spare?
>
> Who would want to live in NY? I'll pass.

A powerful person who likes hanging out with a lot of other powerful
people. They have that power because they choose to have it. Never
has a good-looking American man been kidnapped by squealing gushing
women who force him to become famous. Maybe memorizing lines in a
script and joining Actors' Equity use only small parts of the brain,
but they still are voluntary acts. They don't fall in the categories
of "fate" or "destiny."

> > Did you talk intelligently
> >about nuclear disarmament with U.S. senators and congresspersons
> >before you found out your bar was a gay pick-up joint?
>
> Around here, the local politicos are more likely to be found in the
> redneck bars. They're seldom able to talk intelligently about anything.

If someone who hates rednecks wandered into such a place, would you
feel sorry for the person if he complained later that the owners
should have posted "redneck" on the door?

Bigolhomo

Mar 8, 2002, 1:19:37 AM3/8/02

"Lisa Pease" <bucke...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message
> > On 6 Mar 2002 11:52:17 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
> > wrote:
<Well, it was 10 fucking posts in a row so she wrote a whole lot>

I am now officially afraid. I hope she's not planning on drowning 5 kids
and is trying to build an insanity defense in advance.

Bigolhomo

jefe88

Mar 8, 2002, 2:32:03 AM3/8/02

"Lisa Pease" <bucke...@hotmail.com> wrote

... a whole bunch of shit, unread by me (and the "all of asg" that I speak
for), in post after post after post, to which I reply:

Fuckin' A, dude. Try as you might, you're still a piker compared to the
resident nutters we see around here on a regular basis. We don't pay much
attention until you threaten lawsuits, talk about your book plans to expose
us all, have your sock puppets contact our ISPs and our employers, wish us
or our offspring dead, and/or call people cunts. Get busy, and happy
posting!

Jefe

MLYoung

Mar 8, 2002, 2:56:28 AM3/8/02
Jefe and all of ASG wrote:

>Fuckin' A, dude. Try as you might, you're still a piker compared to the
>resident nutters we see around here on a regular basis. We don't pay much
>attention until you threaten lawsuits, talk about your book plans to expose
>us all, have your sock puppets contact our ISPs and our employers, wish us
>or our offspring dead, and/or call people cunts. Get busy, and happy
>posting!

Jefe, have I mentioned that we at ASG
have missed you?

--margaret

Callen Molenda

Mar 8, 2002, 9:51:23 AM3/8/02
MLYoung wrote:

I have to admit, I'm gonna have to kill this thread. It's like a train wreck
and I can't avoid it but everytime I read one of Lisa's posts I become
hopelessly confused and insecure about my ability to tell whether she's really
nuts or just having a good laugh.

Callen

Big J

Mar 8, 2002, 10:48:06 AM3/8/02
Callen Molenda <ac...@virginia.edu> wrote in

But isn't that like seeing a flaming turd on the street and wondering if
someone *meant* to drop trow there or had an accident? Crap is crap and
Lisa's is spectacularly chock full of hallucinatory corn kernels and other
delusional chunky bits.

Big J

-----

http://www.usenet.com

Callen Molenda

Mar 8, 2002, 11:34:36 AM3/8/02
Big J wrote:

> Callen Molenda <ac...@virginia.edu> wrote in
>
> > MLYoung wrote:

> >> Jefe, have I mentioned that we at ASG
> >> have missed you?
> >>
> >> --margaret
> >
> > I have to admit, I'm gonna have to kill this thread. It's like a train
> > wreck and I can't avoid it but everytime I read one of Lisa's posts I
> > become hopelessly confused and insecure about my ability to tell
> > whether she's really nuts or just having a good laugh.
>
> But isn't that like seeing a flaming turd on the street and wondering if
> someone *meant* to drop trow there or had an accident? Crap is crap and
> Lisa's is spectacularly chock full of hallucinatory corn kernels and other
> delusional chunky bits.
>
> Big J

I would respond to this, except then you'd know that I haven't had the cujones
yet to kill the thread.

Callen, very weak

Rita Hansard

Mar 8, 2002, 12:58:52 PM3/8/02

Callen Molenda wrote:

Well, that's okay, Callen, I first read that last line as "or just having a blow
job." I know I'm sane.

> Callen

MLYoung

Mar 8, 2002, 2:34:46 PM3/8/02
>> But isn't that like seeing a flaming turd on the street and wondering if
>> someone *meant* to drop trow there or had an accident? Crap is crap and
>> Lisa's is spectacularly chock full of hallucinatory corn kernels and other
>> delusional chunky bits.
>>
>> Big J
>
>I would respond to this, except then you'd know that I haven't had the
>cujones
>yet to kill the thread.
>
>Callen, very weak

Here, have some hallucinatory popcorn
kernels. That'll perk you up.

--margaret

>Subject: Re: Paul Newman Is Bisexual: String Together Several *PUBLISHED*
>Clues

Rita Hansard

Mar 8, 2002, 2:51:22 PM3/8/02

MLYoung wrote:

> >> But isn't that like seeing a flaming turd on the street and wondering if
> >> someone *meant* to drop trow there or had an accident? Crap is crap and
> >> Lisa's is spectacularly chock full of hallucinatory corn kernels and other
> >> delusional chunky bits.
> >>
> >> Big J
> >
> >I would respond to this, except then you'd know that I haven't had the
> >cujones
> >yet to kill the thread.
> >
> >Callen, very weak
>
> Here, have some hallucinatory popcorn
> kernels. That'll perk you up.

That'll break your teeth.

Callen Molenda

Mar 8, 2002, 2:52:20 PM3/8/02
MLYoung wrote:

> >> But isn't that like seeing a flaming turd on the street and wondering if
> >> someone *meant* to drop trow there or had an accident? Crap is crap and
> >> Lisa's is spectacularly chock full of hallucinatory corn kernels and other
> >> delusional chunky bits.
> >>
> >> Big J
> >
> >I would respond to this, except then you'd know that I haven't had the
> >cujones
> >yet to kill the thread.
> >
> >Callen, very weak
>
> Here, have some hallucinatory popcorn
> kernels. That'll perk you up.
>
> --margaret

That *was* quite a visual Big J treated us to, wasn't it?

Callen, still weak but doesn't want to hear about any more chunky bits

MLYoung

Mar 8, 2002, 4:28:01 PM3/8/02
>That *was* quite a visual Big J treated us to, wasn't it?
>
>Callen, still weak but doesn't want to hear about any more chunky bits

As it happens, my daughter threw up
on me and her teddy bear in a cafe last
week. I'll spare you a description.

The teddy bear washed well, however.

--margaret (who really wanted to finish
her mocha)

Callen Molenda

Mar 8, 2002, 4:34:44 PM3/8/02
Rufus Globus wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Mar 2002, fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote:
> >On 7 Mar 2002 17:54:06 -0000, Rufus Globus <glo...@hollywood.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I have to laugh at the hurt feelings caused by Lisa Pease 'outing'
> >>Newman as a part-time faggot. Scummy tidbits like that are a mainstay
> >>of this group, thank God; why get upset because Newman is one of the
> >>fags? Get a sleazy laugh out of it, thank Lisa for her work, and move
> >>on to the next Hollywood weirdo.
> >>
> >>And when you have the time, re-evaluate Newman's movies for their
> >>hidden-fag potential. Cripes, there's probably an advanced degree or
> >>two in it for the academically inclined.
> >>

> >I wondered how long it would take the sock puppets to come out and play.
> >Let's see .. you support Lisa, you don't seem to understand the culture
> >of either alt.gossip.celebrities or alt.showbiz.gossip,
>

> I think I do; the idea is to report and comment on showbiz gossip. Mr.
> Newman and his wife are in showbiz, so let's gossip about them.

> >the point of the
> >replies have sailed right over your head,
>

> As far as I can tell, the point of the replies is that the people
> doing the replying have been such big fans of Newman over the years
> that they cannot let themselves believe he's a part-time faggot (not
> that there's anything wrong with faggotry - some of my best
> friends....).
>
> And if you don't want to believe Lisa, though you should, given the
> evidence she has amassed, three other people have reported on evidence
> of Newman's faggotry. What do you want for proof?

> >you're posting from an
> >anonymous server with a "no archive" tag in the headers ... yup, smells
> >like Sock Puppet Theatre to me.
>

> If you knew who I am, you would understand why I am posting
> anonymously. The 'Globus' bit is a small clue as to which general area
> of the Hollywood business I am a part of - a not insignificant part,
> in all modesty - you would recognize my name if you heard it.

Aww, for Christ's sake, if you're such a biggie in the industry and you are
using terms like faggotry and buying into Lisa's "theories" that Newman's
choice of music for his movies is some kind of a signal as to his sexual
leanings, that explains for me why Hollywood is churning out such huge
steaming loads of crap these days.

Rufus Globus, indeed.

Plonkety plonk plonk.

Callen
PS - not anonymous, so promise not to tell anyone in the biz I wrote this,
ok? I wouldn't want my ability to afford myself of Hollywood's massive
outpouring of talent to be compromised, would I?

Big J

Mar 8, 2002, 5:36:34 PM3/8/02
Callen Molenda <ac...@virginia.edu> wrote in

Always glad to help. Kiss, kiss.

MLYoung

Mar 8, 2002, 6:08:52 PM3/8/02
> That *was* quite a visual Big J treated us to, wasn't it?
>>
>> Callen, still weak but doesn't want to hear about any more chunky bits
>
>Always glad to help. Kiss, kiss.
>
>Big J

Are those Hershey's kisses?

--margaret (experiencing late afternoon
sugar crash)

Big J

Mar 8, 2002, 6:55:11 PM3/8/02
mly...@aol.comZAPTHIS (MLYoung) wrote in

Now if you were here, I'd give you some fresh-baked orange and pecan oat
bran muffins. Nice and hot with a pat of real butter on 'em.

Or is that not sweet enough?

Big J
(never had a sweet tooth myself)

John Smith

Mar 8, 2002, 7:50:32 PM3/8/02

Bigolhomo wrote:

And she just made the same circular argument that was out of context to the
nuts. Notice the way that she signs herself as Bucketbrain. My, what a
prculiar, derogatory and prophetic monnicker.

John

Podkayne Fries

Mar 8, 2002, 8:51:44 PM3/8/02
On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:50:32 -0500, John Smith <jsm...@netrover.com>
wrote:

>Bigolhomo wrote:

>> I am now officially afraid. I hope she's not planning on drowning 5 kids
>> and is trying to build an insanity defense in advance.
>

>And she just made the same circular argument that was out of context to the
>nuts. Notice the way that she signs herself as Bucketbrain. My, what a
>prculiar, derogatory and prophetic monnicker.

I bet the lurkers support her in email.

I petitioned Fluufy, Ruler of All Usenet, for a better class of trolls,
but Lisa must be all he had available at the moment. Perhaps if we all
devote more time to the fight against kitty porn, he'll be pleased and
send us someone more worthy.

Podkayne Fries

Mar 10, 2002, 4:04:33 PM3/10/02
On 7 Mar 2002 22:04:28 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
wrote:

>fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote in message news:<3c878e8a...@news.cis.dfn.de>...
>> On 6 Mar 2002 11:52:17 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Can you walk from it to stores that sell cooking
>> >utensils and photographic supplies and cameras in the middle of the
>> >night?
>>
>> As a matter of fact, yes.
>
>Bullshit. My friend Ron Pataky, former theater and film critic for
>the Citizen Journal, has lived in several parts of the Columbus area,
>and he says you're wrong.

I didn't say that I lived in Columbus; I said that I lived in central
Ohio.

The CJ went out of business in 1985. Ron Pataky quit or was fired from
the CJ around 1980 or so. I really doubt that he's your friend, because
you and the other consipracy nuts have decided that he killed Dorothy
Kilgallen. Clearly, you're a few French fries short of a Happy Meal.

>Your choice. Pataky has paid less than $1,000 a month rent for
>four-bedroom apartments at 69 South 18th Street in Columbus and in the
>town of Delaware. The crime rates are low in each neighborhood.

The crime rates in my city are almost nonexistant and make Delaware look
like Beirut in comparison. What's your point?

--
Regards, Podkayne Fries

"I may be Love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
Spike, "Lover's Walk", BUFFY: THE VAMPIRE SLAYER

Podkayne Fries

Mar 10, 2002, 4:04:35 PM3/10/02
On 7 Mar 2002 21:42:54 -0800, bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease)
wrote:

>Duh! You're supposed to read this newsgroup for gossip about famous

>people. Information about them is available outside the group.
>That's not the case with Usenet regulars.

Several of the regulars in alt.showbiz.gossip and alt.gossip.celebrities
are writers, publishers and people actively employed in show business.
Unlike you and your sock puppets, they know what they're talking about
and post interesting, entertaining articles.

Podkayne Fries

Mar 10, 2002, 4:04:40 PM3/10/02
On 8 Mar 2002 20:56:08 -0000, Rufus Globus <glo...@hollywood.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Mar 2002, fr...@fairfieldi.com (Podkayne Fries) wrote:
>>On 7 Mar 2002 17:54:06 -0000, Rufus Globus <glo...@hollywood.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I have to laugh at the hurt feelings caused by Lisa Pease 'outing'
>>>Newman as a part-time faggot. Scummy tidbits like that are a mainstay
>>>of this group, thank God; why get upset because Newman is one of the
>>>fags? Get a sleazy laugh out of it, thank Lisa for her work, and move
>>>on to the next Hollywood weirdo.

Nope, no hurt feelings here. There are a lot of people who are giggling
at the bizarre conclusions Lisa has reached, though.

>>>And when you have the time, re-evaluate Newman's movies for their
>>>hidden-fag potential. Cripes, there's probably an advanced degree or
>>>two in it for the academically inclined.

I find your use of the terms "fag" and "faggot' quite illuminating in
light of your post. Do note that the two groups in the Subject line are
two f the gay-friendliest groups around, and we don't use words like
that.

>>I wondered how long it would take the sock puppets to come out and play.
>>Let's see .. you support Lisa, you don't seem to understand the culture
>>of either alt.gossip.celebrities or alt.showbiz.gossip,
>
>I think I do; the idea is to report and comment on showbiz gossip. Mr.
>Newman and his wife are in showbiz, so let's gossip about them.
>
>>the point of the
>>replies have sailed right over your head,
>
>As far as I can tell, the point of the replies is that the people
>doing the replying have been such big fans of Newman over the years
>that they cannot let themselves believe he's a part-time faggot (not
>that there's anything wrong with faggotry - some of my best
>friends....).

So you refer to your friends as 'fags'? What a prince.

>And if you don't want to believe Lisa, though you should, given the
>evidence she has amassed, three other people have reported on evidence
>of Newman's faggotry. What do you want for proof?

Lisa's "evidence" is just plain *stupid* and makes no sense at all.

>>you're posting from an
>>anonymous server with a "no archive" tag in the headers ... yup, smells
>>like Sock Puppet Theatre to me.
>
>If you knew who I am, you would understand why I am posting
>anonymously. The 'Globus' bit is a small clue as to which general area
>of the Hollywood business I am a part of - a not insignificant part,
>in all modesty - you would recognize my name if you heard it.

<rolling eyes> Yup, this definately needs to go in the "Celebrity
Excuses Handbook". I'm sure that the lurkers support you in email, too.

Sparky, I know a lot of famous people who post on Usenet or web boards
under their real names. These people post using valid email addresses
and from real news servers, too. I've also met many of the Rich and
Famous on vid refs, too. Color me unimpressed. If you had any balls,
your name would be in the headers.

>Thank God for anonymous servers. People who *cannot* be known for
>having certain opinions can still express them. I don't mean in this
>case so much, but, just in general, that people with recognizable
>names
>have to shut up in public, but can let off a little steam through
>anonymous servers.

You'd be surprised how many famous people actually write things online
that they're willing to stand behind. Being famous doesn't mean that
you can't offer an opinion. Your're full of shit.

Has anyone ever told you how easy most of these "anonymous" servers are
to hack, and how you can be traced by the credit card that was proffered
when the account was set up?

Mar 10, 2002, 9:16:33 PM3/10/02
Baby Strange <babystrange...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<djc58ug92gng1gdtc...@4ax.com>...
> As I valiantly attempted to fight off the ice weasels,
> bucke...@hotmail.com (Lisa Pease) distracted me with:
>
> >A poster calling himself "Tom Hens" posted, on Feb. 23, a rebuttal to
> >my earlier claim that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are bisexual.
> >
> <rolls eyes, starts snipping>
> >I shall quote from several *published* newspaper profiles of Newman
> >and Hotchner. String together the excerpts and you must entertain in
> >this group speculation about the sexuality of each man.
>
> <snipped what represents a really sad waste of many hours of someone's
> life that could have been spent on something *much* more meaningful
> and constructive than obsessing over the sex lives of strangers.>
>
> >I respect Paul Newman's intelligence and his combining it with the sex
> >symbol power to feed the hungry and heal the sick. I don't want to
> >hurt him.
>
> No? Then why spend so much time actively trying to prove he's gay?
>
> >All I'm saying is that regulars in this group who spend so
> >much time on gay speculations are remiss if they ignore Newman.
>
> If you've spent much time around this newsgroup and paid attention to
> the "gay speculations," you would have noticed long ago that nobody
> here spends their free time obsessively looking for "proof" that any
> of the targets are gay. Nobody here takes it all that seriously; that
> you are so wrapped up in analyzing Paul Newman's sex life shows that
> you have some *serious* problems.

Yes, I agree. God forbid someone in this NG should post something
that's actually interesting to read.

What do you think "gossip" means, genius?

jefe88

Mar 10, 2002, 11:44:11 PM3/10/02

"MLYoung" <mly...@aol.comZAPTHIS> wrote

> Jefe, have I mentioned that we at ASG
> have missed you?
>
> --margaret

air kisses back at ya!

jefe

John Smith

Mar 11, 2002, 1:03:39 AM3/11/02

Podkayne Fries wrote:

And it is repeated over and over again, out of context and BADLY worded.

When Kansan talks about Heidi Klum and the Masons or whatever he talks about,
it is there and we just avoid it. This bonehead, who appropriately calls
herself Buckethead, is mean spirited and her axis of dunces are homophobic
judging by this response. Faggotry???? Give me a break.

John

MLYoung

Mar 11, 2002, 5:43:27 PM3/11/02
>Yes, I agree. God forbid someone in this NG should post something
>that's actually interesting to read.
>
>What do you think "gossip" means, genius?

Wayne's on-set tidbits.

--margaret (Wayne fan)

It is loading more messages.