**Star 'Confidential' Blind Item #2**

Lili2

Apr 14, 2001, 9:43:46 PM4/14/01
Star Magazine 'Confidential'

Guess Who?

This high-profile celeb popped up in a Gotham hospital at 2am and cried his
eyes out while doctors treated his 16 year old daughter for an overdose of
ecstasy. She recently was brought to St Vincent's Hospital in a
near-comatose-state after a rave. The teen snapped out of it and was released
to her compulsively private daddy, who left with her through the back door so
he wouldn't be recognized by fans.

Blue Falcon

Apr 14, 2001, 10:41:49 PM4/14/01
Too easy, Howard Stern

Myname2use4now

Apr 15, 2001, 7:50:56 PM4/15/01
>Subject: Re: **Star 'Confidential' Blind Item #2**
>From: Blue Falcon bluef...@swirve.com
>Date: 4/14/01 10:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Really? I'm suprised by that guess...how do you know?

Blue Falcon

Apr 15, 2001, 9:17:22 PM4/15/01
"high-profile celeb"
not actor, or singer, dj would be too easy

"doctors treated his 16 year old daughter"

his middle daughter is about that age

"compulsively private daddy"
stern stern stern

Plus a little while ago there was already some talk about
this that Stern didn't acknowledge on his show.

JosieCat

Apr 15, 2001, 9:28:14 PM4/15/01

Why would you be surprised? He fits all the clues.

Myname2use4now

Apr 15, 2001, 9:41:58 PM4/15/01
>Subject: Re: **Star 'Confidential' Blind Item #2**
>From: josi...@aol.com (JosieCat)
>Date: 4/15/01 9:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time

I'm don't know...the thing is I've been a listener of his for a long time and
I've bought into his image that he's got his private life under control. I was
pretty shocked when he and his wife split. I'm sorry to hear about his
daughter if that's the case.

I know it's weird. I read and post on a gossip usenet, yet I'm suprised when
something like this happens. In a way I'm glad that I still have some
gullibility left and haven't become completely jaded.

Oh well, maybe there's a 12 step group for me out there. :)

E Varden

Apr 16, 2001, 1:15:39 PM4/16/01
Myname2use4now wrote:

> >Too easy, Howard Stern
> >
> >Lili2 wrote:
> >>
> >> Star Magazine 'Confidential'
> >>
> >> Guess Who?
> >>
> >> This high-profile celeb popped up in a Gotham hospital at 2am and cried his
> >> eyes out while doctors treated his 16 year old daughter for an overdose of
> >> ecstasy. She recently was brought to St Vincent's Hospital in a
> >> near-comatose-state after a rave.

I also thoughgt HS, but on his show this morning they were
talking about his taking his daughter (a daughter) with him for a
week's cruise. There was much guffawing about how she gets
mistaken for his date (she's 6' and quite pretty) so I think that
must've been the 16-yr-old on the boat.

Unless, of course, that was a clever spin to have it seem she was
out of town at the time of the crisis....

Pe

Maggie

Apr 16, 2001, 1:53:40 PM4/16/01

***Is there some reason the cruise couldn't have taken place after the "recent"
OD?

Maggie

"Many students react to ideas they don´t like as though they were apprentice
members of the Chinese Politburo."--Nat Hentoff on reactions to David
Horowitz's Ad Opposing Slave Reparations

E Varden

Apr 16, 2001, 2:27:05 PM4/16/01
E Varden wrote:

> I also thoughgt HS, but on his show this morning they were
> talking about his taking his daughter (a daughter) with him for a
> week's cruise. There was much guffawing about how she gets
> mistaken for his date (she's 6' and quite pretty) so I think that
> must've been the 16-yr-old on the boat.
>
> Unless, of course, that was a clever spin to have it seem she was
> out of town at the time of the crisis....

Ps

Emily is Stern's oldest: she is presently pushing 18.

Mid-kid Debra is not yet 15 AFAIK so unless the BI-monger is
fudging ages, it an't one of the Sterns.

So I don't believe this Stern connexion at all.

EV

JosieCat

Apr 16, 2001, 10:20:22 PM4/16/01

Being a year off in age shouldn't be a reason to rule out one of Howard's
Stern's daughters. These tabloid writers don't always get people's ages right.
Maybe if Howard didn't have any daughters even close to the age of 16, it would
be fair to nitpick over the age but 15 isn't that far off from 16 and I bet the
kid turns 16 this year. Can you think of an answer better than Howard Stern?

JosieCat

Apr 16, 2001, 10:30:28 PM4/16/01

Oops! I just read what you wrote again and you said he has a daughter who's
almost 15. Then it may be the 17 year old daughter who OD'd. Whatever. I still
think it's Howard Stern. ;-)

E Varden

Apr 17, 2001, 11:57:55 AM4/17/01
JosieCat wrote:

> Maybe if Howard didn't have any daughters even close to the age of 16, it would
> be fair to nitpick over the age but 15 isn't that far off from 16 and I bet the
> kid turns 16 this year. Can you think of an answer better than Howard Stern?

Um, no.

Pe

Myname2use4now

Apr 17, 2001, 6:17:13 PM4/17/01
>Subject: Re: **Star 'Confidential' Blind Item #2**
>From: josi...@aol.com (JosieCat)
>Date: 4/16/01 10:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Ok, I checked out the howard stern newsgroup and one reply said that a few
months ago his daughter went to a Britney Spears concert and then to a party
afterwards. Apparently she did od on extasy and he even mentioned it on the
air saying something like 'we had a tough weekend...one of the kids did
something stupid'. Now I'm not sure and if I get the time I'll check for a
related thread but i think this could be the answer to the bi.

Twc6

Apr 17, 2001, 6:24:15 PM4/17/01
<<>Being a year off in age shouldn't be a reason to rule out one of Howard's
>Stern's daughters. These tabloid writers don't always get people's ages
>right.
>Maybe if Howard didn't have any daughters even close to the age of 16, it
>would
>be fair to nitpick over the age but 15 isn't that far off from 16 and I bet
>the
>kid turns 16 this year. Can you think of an answer better than Howard Stern?

Ok, I checked out the howard stern newsgroup and one reply said that a few
months ago his daughter went to a Britney Spears concert and then to a party
afterwards. Apparently she did od on extasy and he even mentioned it on the
air saying something like 'we had a tough weekend...one of the kids did
something stupid'. Now I'm not sure and if I get the time I'll check for a
related thread but i think this could be the answer to the bi.>>

That was a made up post -- never happened, at least the part about Stern saying
about that on the air... That post doesn't make any sense anyway, since it
talks about her going to MSGarden and then being rushed to a hospital on Long
Island, which a) doesn't make sense and b) differs from the BI

I do know that a rival radio show was spreading a similar rumour about Stern
last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if that (obviously false the first time
it appeared) rumour was repeated and mutated enough to change and then be taken
seriously by a Blind Item writer.

Myname2use4now

Apr 17, 2001, 6:34:58 PM4/17/01
>Subject: Re: **Star 'Confidential' Blind Item #2**
>From: tw...@aol.com.org (Twc6)
>Date: 4/17/01 6:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time

OK, I did more research. Apparently some other dj's made a comment on the air
about a z100 jingle ball where some kids od on extasy and they said something
like 'yeah, maybe it's a symptom of their parents getting divorced and their
dad being too into his career to care' or something like that. I'm not sure if
it was a deliberate rumor started by them or if it really did happen and they
wanted to talk about it without saying his name. Either way, I agree with the
idea that it was a planted rumor that ended up becoming a blind item.

Ok, that's enough for me on this subject...time to move on!