June Pointer accused of trying to gauge out boyfriend's eyes

Lili2

Aug 30, 2004, 5:06:11 PM8/30/04
Troubled singer JUNE POINTER has been accused of trying to gouge out her
boyfriend's eyes with her fingernails.
  The alleged attack occurred on 27 July (04) - just weeks after Pointer's
boyfriend JOEL COIGNEY says he rented a Los Angeles apartment for them to
share.He tells the NATIONAL ENQUIRER, "I tried to help her! I took her into my
home for a month to get her drug-free. But all she did was go on a binge of
crack cocaine, pot and margaritas."
  Coigney, 62, who says he's driven the POINTER SISTERS and has known June for
four years, claims things turned sour for them when he opposed June's drug
dealer visiting their home, resulting in her and a male friend attacking him in
the night.
  But it's when June allegedly dug her fingers into his eyes that Coigney
admits he really suffered.
  He recalls, "The pain was so immense that I bit down hard and broke some of
my teeth... My face was a bloody mess. You couldn't tell it was me. It's a
miracle I wasn't blinded. She scratched and cut my forehead, ripped at my eye
sockets and eyelids."
  June spent two days in jail after the incident and was then released on bail
until a 9 September (04) court date to face charges of battery and corporal
injury on spouse/cohabitant.
(RGS/NE/CM)