<sigh> No night owls, eh?

cyn########

Apr 30, 2010, 2:07:50 AM4/30/10
Isn't _anyone_ out there at 2am???

Oh well...maybe if I stake out the VB, I can beat Joules to the
morning coffee and get mine first....

cyn#
shoes off to bed

Post directly to alt-shoe-lesb...@moderators.isc.org
Questions? Contact the mods at aslm+r...@panix.com

Joules VC

Apr 30, 2010, 9:52:41 AM4/30/10
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:07 AM, cyn######## <cy...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't _anyone_ out there at 2am???
>
> Oh well...maybe if I stake out the VB, I can beat Joules to the
> morning coffee and get mine first....

Hmm, I am certain that you are taking this whole coffee thing entirely
too seriously! While I still need my 1.5-2 cups to wake up properly,
I'm not getting up at 2 to get it. Sleep is my friend; might I
introduce you two? I need to reintroduce my son to the correct
sleeping hours since the time stamp on his rare emails is usually 3
am. You'd probably bump into him at the coffee pot at 1 or 2.

I just had a startling image of the CKs on caffeine. not.a.good.thing!

Here is some coffee I got at Trader Joe's. Enjoy!

joules
sox thinking the second cup sounds good about now

cyn########

Apr 30, 2010, 11:08:15 AM4/30/10
On 30 Apr 2010 09:52:41 -0400, Joules VC <joul...@gmail.com>, herald
of the mid-morning, bringer of the best befuddlement, and champion of

warm and fuzzy socks, took a moment away from the java and wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:07 AM, cyn######## <cy...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Isn't _anyone_ out there at 2am???
>>
>> Oh well...maybe if I stake out the VB, I can beat Joules to the
>> morning coffee and get mine first....
>>
>Hmm, I am certain that you are taking this whole coffee thing entirely
>too seriously!

Coffee can NEVER be taken seriously enough.

>While I still need my 1.5-2 cups to wake up properly,
>I'm not getting up at 2 to get it.

YES! It's mine! All mine!!!

>Sleep is my friend; might I introduce you two?

Er, sleep and I have a rocky relationship. Maybe we can avoid each
other for a bit longer.

>I need to reintroduce my son to the correct
>sleeping hours since the time stamp on his rare emails is usually 3
>am. You'd probably bump into him at the coffee pot at 1 or 2.

Rare emails? 3 am? Sounds a _little_ like me. <g> The night is so
quiet, and peaceful -- silence is golden!

Is he still a student?

>I just had a startling image of the CKs on caffeine. not.a.good.thing!

Hah. They are fun on caffeine. Well, they're always fun, anyway --
it's when they go around _making_ the stuff that things get messy. I
think that's part of the reason why they're visiting the VB so much --
a great source of ready-to-go libations, alcohol not required! We
used to think it was for the tipplers, only.

(And, they get to hang out with lastoutlaw, (who doesn't seem to tire
of them) -- never underestimate the charms of a friendly bartender,
who's kind to koalas. I think she even set aside a "koala's corner"
for them. Is our BT cool, or what?). :-)

...and the other shoes don't seem to mind. <looks around to make
sure> Well, I'm not sure felice has recovered from their impromptu
celebratory antics, but she's generally on their side. We may need to
negotiate space if Dr. Fluffy shoes up...

>Here is some coffee I got at Trader Joe's. Enjoy!

Merci! Danke! Thanks! Arigato! Spaceba! Gracias!
(Good morning, most Evilest of Mods! And Miriam, and Sunny, and Dev,
and West Coasters!!)

cyn#
(mornings....feh)
shoes going for the second cup

Rebecca Burnett

May 2, 2010, 12:11:12 AM5/2/10

cyn# was volleying with Joules about sleep vs. coffee.
Joules totally gave way to cyn#'s claim to the coffee pot
at the 2am time slot. Joules visualized the CK's (tm) full
of caffeine and cyn# said they are pretty fun while caffeinated:

>(And, they get to hang out with lastoutlaw, (who doesn't

> seem to tireof them) -- never underestimate the charms of a friendly
> bartender,who's kind to koalas. I think she even set aside a "koala's

> corner" for them. Is our BT cool, or what?). :-)

The CK(tm) Recon Detachment Team has been for a long ride this week.

Hmm..lessee. Dropped off in Savannah, GA on Monday. Loaded in
Greer, SC on Tuesday. Dropped those in Gary and South Bend, IN
on Wednesday. Loaded in Joliet, IL on Thursday (dropping a single
car in Downer's Grove on the way out), then dropping the rest in
Albany, NY on Friday. Loaded in Davisville, RI on Saturday. Dropped
those off in Mechanicsburg, PA Saturday evening and then settled
in Baltimore Saturday night. Tomorrow is Cherry Hill and Egg Harbor
NJ and Monday is Nyack, NY.

We've almost gone full circle...sort of. :-)

The gorge between NC and TN is now reopened and we did get some
rain but we managed to escape the worst of it.
The news photos I saw today wasn't looking so good for them
down there.

Public Service Announcement:
When it is "dark" or rainy please ensure your headlights are on as
I can't see your little car in my rain splattered side mirror when I
check before I change lanes. Thank you!
/end of PSA/

lastoutlaw
BT boots warm and dry today

felice

May 2, 2010, 12:47:49 AM5/2/10
je 02/05/10 16:11, Rebecca Burnett skribis:

> The CK(tm) Recon Detachment Team has been for a long ride this week.

You're not kidding! That's quite a trip. I hope you get a bit of a break
to recover afterwards...

felice
shoes that couldn't drive that far even if they had a car (they'd run
out of dry land after the first day on the road!)

felice

May 2, 2010, 12:57:59 AM5/2/10
je 01/05/10 01:52, Joules VC skribis:

> I need to reintroduce my son to the correct
> sleeping hours since the time stamp on his rare emails is usually 3
> am.

What do you mean? That sounds like the correct sleeping hours to me. Not
that I get to stick to them that often, for various reasons.
*mutters disparagingly about _morning_ people*

felice
whoooo! shoes

Joules VC

May 2, 2010, 9:45:43 AM5/2/10
On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 12:57 AM, felice <feli...@randomstatic.net> wrote:

> je 01/05/10 01:52, Joules VC skribis:
>> I need to reintroduce my son to the correct
>> sleeping hours since the time stamp on his rare emails is usually 3
>> am.
>
> What do you mean? That sounds like the correct sleeping hours to me. Not
> that I get to stick to them that often, for various reasons.
> *mutters disparagingly about _morning_ people*
>
> felice
> whoooo! shoes
>
> --
> -----------------------------
Well, my son is in his first year of university, so there is that
whole "get to class on tme and reasonably alert" thing.
Trust me, I am not a morning person, as a number of shoes can attest
to. At one of the gatherings, Nora (who did not even drink coffee at
the time) took pity on me and made coffee to combat a lot of
incoherent noises and a headache. I had no idea she had graduated to
the (what did Becky call it- frou-frou?) expensive stuff.

joules
feet ok with folgers most mornings

Rebecca Burnett

May 3, 2010, 8:37:11 PM5/3/10
je 02/05/10 16:11, Rebecca Burnett skribis:

>> The CK(tm) Recon
>> Detachment Team has been for a long ride this week.

>felice replied:

>You're not kidding!
> That's quite a trip. I hope you get a bit of a break
> to recover afterwards...

I am in NJ now trying to work my way home. That seems
to be the hardest part. I can never get there "directly".

>felice
>shoes that couldn't drive that far even if they
> had a car (they'd run out of dry land after the first
>day on the road!)

....a whole day? that far?? ;-)

lastoutlaw
BT boots ribbing felice