Lesbian films?

felice

May 6, 2010, 12:44:33 AM5/6/10
The local queer film festival is coming up soon - has anyone seen any of
the films on offer? http://outtakes.org.nz/2010/akl/a_to_z.html
"We Are the Mods", "And Then Came Lola", "The Baby Formula", and "Drool"
look like they could be fun.

Have there been any other decent lesbian-themed films made recently that
I should track down? The most recent I've seen was "Itty Bitty Titty
Committee", and that was released back in 2007...

felice
recommendation-seeking feet

Post directly to alt-shoe-lesb...@moderators.isc.org
Questions? Contact the mods at aslm+r...@panix.com

Rebecca Burnett

May 11, 2010, 9:09:52 PM5/11/10
felice was thinking about an upcoming film festival and asked:

> Have there been any other decent lesbian-themed films
> made recently that I should track down? The most recent
> I've seen was "Itty Bitty Titty Committee", and that was
> released back in 2007...

felice, the last lesbian film festival I went to was well over
10 years ago. I went with a "shoe" named Chris in Paris.
It was also my first and was totally blown away by all the
lesbians there. I was leading a "sheltered" life at the time.
if you go, I would love to hear all about it. give us a good
write-up on what you see/think of the current films today.

lastoutlaw
BT boots refreshing drinks all around

felice

Jun 20, 2010, 12:48:04 AM6/20/10
je 12/05/10 13:09, Rebecca Burnett skribis:

> felice, the last lesbian film festival I went to was well over
> 10 years ago. I went with a "shoe" named Chris in Paris.
> It was also my first and was totally blown away by all the
> lesbians there. I was leading a "sheltered" life at the time.
> if you go, I would love to hear all about it. give us a good
> write-up on what you see/think of the current films today.

We ended up getting to a couple of films. "We Are The Mods" was pretty
good, but a bit light on the queer content for my taste. It tells the
story of a photography student who gets involved with the present-day
mod scene (yes, apparently there is one... I'd assumed the movie was
going to be set in the 60s!). If you like coming-of-age dramas, it's
certainly worth checking out.

"Drool" was wonderful. Not much in the way of plot, but it doesn't
really need it. It's basically a whimsical look at how a family's life
is transformed by the arrival of a new neighbour. It's refreshingly
light on angst, with a likeable collection of characters. Recommended.

felice
cinematic shoes