Man wielding baseball bat killed 1, injured 3 outside Denver strip club, police say

Let's Ban Baseball Bats!

May 1, 2019, 1:25:02 AM5/1/19
A 41-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection
with a baseball bat attack outside a Denver strip club that left
one person dead and three others injured, according to reports.

An injured woman remained in a hospital, recovering from
surgery, one report said. The dead man was said to be a
bystander who tried to stop the suspect, according to the report.

According to police, officers received a call about a
disturbance outside P.T.’s Showclub around 1 p.m. Sunday. When
they arrived, they saw a suspect, later identified as Ryan
Ashland, standing in the parking lot holding a baseball bat,
with a seriously injured victim on the ground near him.

Police then tased Ashland after he refused to comply with their
demands to drop the bat and surrender, an affidavit said,
according to FOX 31 Denver.

Four victims were taken to a hospital, with one victim dying
around 4 p.m., the report said.

Two victims have since been released, Denver's KCNC-TV reported.

The woman who remains hospitalized was identified as Denise
Villalobos, a dancer at the club.

"I saw her Sunday night.... unresponsive and not doing well,"
friend Karina Stonecipher told KCNC. “It’s tragic and blows my
mind. She’s the sweetest person I’ve met in my life.”

One witness said she saw Ashland strike a woman with the bat and
then continue striking others as they tried to flag down passers-
by for help.

No information was immediately available on what prompted the
alleged attack, or on the identities of the victims. The
affidavit is partially redacted, Denver's KMGH-TV reported.
Ashland faces charges of first-degree murder and second-degree
assault, the report said.

Since 2011 there have been at least 10 homicides or attacks at
Denver-area strip clubs, Westword reported.

Earlier this month, a Denver police officer was suspended for 10
days and docked two days' pay after being caught at P.T.’s
Showclub while on duty.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-wielding-baseball-bat-killed-1-
injured-3-outside-denver-strip-club-police-say

Just Wondering

May 1, 2019, 2:11:09 AM5/1/19
On 4/30/2019 11:08 PM, Let's Ban Baseball Bats! wrote:
> A 41-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection
> with a baseball bat attack outside a Denver strip club that left
> one person dead and three others injured, according to reports.

That's terrible. We've got to get us some of them there
baseball bat control law thingies. Some universal background
check laws for people to buy pieces of wood, so that felons
and the mentally ill can't get their hands on baseball bats.
Age limits on owning big sticks. Limits on where people can
carry boards. Maybe outlaw civilian possession of military-
grade maple and hickory. Stuff like that.