Where to post

rdodger

Aug 28, 2020, 9:43:08 PM8/28/20
I think it's time for another story flood, not just the ones that I originally loaded at ASSTR but the ones since then. I've got some placed at Lush, some at S-O-L, a few at Literotica...

I guess a.s.s. would be one place, but really can you find stories there amidst the flood of other things?

Am I overlooking a site, channel, or outlet where most of my stories could be sent out? (I know, everyone has some restrictions; I already realized that a handful of my older stories won't pass the trigger or legal exposure filters.)

Rajah Dodger

jace

Apr 21, 2021, 2:08:28 AM4/21/21
Try alt.sex.stories.incest
There have been no posts to this group for years.
Just tell us in this group.
Looking forward...

jace.

Mkokp

Apr 29, 2021, 9:29:45 AM4/29/21
Hi all

I guess its still not possible to create an author account?

https://secure.asstr.org/cgi-bin/accounts/application.cgi

I have a bunch of stories I am writing and a couple are nearing completion.

I need somewhere to post.......

Literotica is good, but they don't accept some things that I write.

Does posting to the newsgroup get the story added to the site/FTP ?
Email me at mkokp
Read the above line and work it out ;)

--
----------------------------------------- --- -- -
Posted with NewsLeecher v7.0 Final

Y Lee Coyote

Apr 30, 2021, 7:15:07 AM4/30/21
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:29:35 -0000 (UTC), Mkokp <newa...@example.com>
wrote in <s6ecbu$jsi$1...@neodome.net>:

<snip>
>I guess its still not possible to create an author account?
Unfortunately.

>I have a bunch of stories I am writing and a couple are nearing completion.
>I need somewhere to post.......
>Literotica is good, but they don't accept some things that I write.

>Does posting to the newsgroup get the story added to the site/FTP ?
No. This is NOT a story newsgroup. That is alt.sex.spanking.moderated but
the moderation part is broken. Posting there did get you into the archive
annual account without an author/collection account.

>Email me at mkokp
>Read the above line and work it out ;)
This is a not a puzzle group.

Y.

Valid return address is <YLeeCoyote (at) juno.com>
(Posting address is for the spammers)

See my stories at http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

P & E

Tim Merrigan

Apr 30, 2021, 10:13:22 AM4/30/21
On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:15:02 -0400, Y Lee Coyote
<See.signa...@mail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:29:35 -0000 (UTC), Mkokp <newa...@example.com>
>wrote in <s6ecbu$jsi$1...@neodome.net>:

><snip>
>>I guess its still not possible to create an author account?
>Unfortunately.
>
>>I have a bunch of stories I am writing and a couple are nearing completion.
>>I need somewhere to post.......
>>Literotica is good, but they don't accept some things that I write.
>
>>Does posting to the newsgroup get the story added to the site/FTP ?
>No. This is NOT a story newsgroup. That is alt.sex.spanking.moderated but
>the moderation part is broken. Posting there did get you into the archive
>annual account without an author/collection account.

nit: alt.sex.STORIES.moderated

alt.sex.stories, and it's various sub groups, still work, if one can
wade through the spam, but I don't know about that being enough to get
one's story onto ASSTR.

--

Qualified immuninity = vertual impunity.

Tim Merrigan

https://www.avg.com

Y Lee Coyote

Apr 30, 2021, 12:05:23 PM4/30/21
On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:13:18 -0700, Tim Merrigan <tp...@ca.rr.com> wrote in
<jh3o8gdddfnkl1nf3...@4ax.com>:

>On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:15:02 -0400, Y Lee Coyote
<snip>

>nit: alt.sex.STORIES.moderated

Tim,

Thanks for the correction to the newsgroup name.

If you look at a message header of stories posted to
alt.sex.stories.moderated
you will see
where the year is the current one and ##### is the sequence number. (Note:
the exact format has changed over the years.) Also the url is incorrect --
it should be of the form
https://www.asstr.org/files/Collections/Alt.Sex.Stories.Moderated/Year2017/#####
The ##### is now close to 64,000 and does not appear to have been reset
each year.

These stories are fully archived in ASSTR and returned on searches with the
correct url. A very nice feature that did not require pre-registration to
ASSTR to gets one's work archived.

>alt.sex.stories, and it's various sub groups, still work, if one can
>wade through the spam, but I don't know about that being enough to get
>one's story onto ASSTR.
Only assm posts were added to ASSTR.

Comments were directed to this group assd.

Y.

Valid return address is <YLeeCoyote (at) juno.com>
(Posting address is for the spammers)

See my stories at http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

P & E

Mkokp

May 2, 2021, 6:33:27 PM5/2/21

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:13:18 -0700, Tim Merrigan <tp...@ca.rr.com> wrote in
> <jh3o8gdddfnkl1nf3...@4ax.com>:
>
> > On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:15:02 -0400, Y Lee Coyote
> <snip>
>
> > nit: alt.sex.STORIES.moderated
>
> Tim,
>
> Thanks for the correction to the newsgroup name.
>
> If you look at a message header of stories posted to
> alt.sex.stories.moderated
> you will see
> <snip>
> These stories are fully archived in ASSTR and returned on searches with the
> correct url. A very nice feature that did not require pre-registration to
> ASSTR to gets one's work archived.
> <snip>

Thanks for that infomation, I guess it is an option.

It's a shame the site is un-maintained like this, it's a collection of amazing
works and many of them would not survive in many other places.

I know its pointless offering, but I work for a hosting company and have a lot
of experiance managing servers, websites, domains and such. If its simply a
shortage of willing hands.....

Anyways, fingers crossed the site stays alive!

========
Email me at mkokp dot me
Read the above line if you need to email me.

sfmaster

May 8, 2021, 9:25:44 AM5/8/21
Read your May 3 post. Right now asstr reminds of a guy that used to live around the corner from me. He had a VW Passat, and didn't have the money to replace his leaking radiator. Ever few days, I'd see him outside with a file, some epoxy glue, and a bit of metal trying to patch the leak on the top plastic tank. Eventually, the radiator blew out, the car overheated, and he had to buy another car.

Al Iwon'tShutUp Hefner

May 30, 2021, 5:03:42 PM5/30/21
Usenet, in my opinion, has become just about useless. Wading through the spam and scam to find anything that isn't spam or scam is a real pain.

Even with the statement above, I HAVE thought about using alt.sex.stories usenet to post my own fictional stories. Thought about it, haven't done it.

With A.S.S.T.R. in it's current, less than functional, state, I'm unable to post there. Searching and searching other sites, I find that every last one of them have such restrictions that classic and popular works such as "Clan of the Cave Bear" could not possibly be published on them... These sites, mostly, require that every character in the story be over age 18...I've found only ONE site where the story can have characters under age 18 but any character under 13 can not, in any form or fashion, be in any sexual situation (not present at all).

So, finding a place to publish my own works of fiction has been a fruitless endeavor...

Keith Jennings

Jun 9, 2022, 3:15:41 AM6/9/22
On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 4:03:42 PM UTC-5, alanh...@gmail.com wrote:

> Usenet, in my opinion, has become just about useless. Wading through the spam and scam to find anything that isn't spam or scam is a real pain.
>
> Even with the statement above, I HAVE thought about using alt.sex.stories usenet to post my own fictional stories. Thought about it, haven't done it.
>
> With A.S.S.T.R. in it's current, less than functional, state, I'm unable to post there. Searching and searching other sites, I find that every last one of them have such restrictions that classic and popular works such as "Clan of the Cave Bear" could not possibly be published on them... These sites, mostly, require that every character in the story be over age 18...I've found only ONE site where the story can have characters under age 18 but any character under 13 can not, in any form or fashion, be in any sexual situation (not present at all).
>
> So, finding a place to publish my own works of fiction has been a fruitless endeavor...
---
Storiesonline.net is the most functional and least restrictive story site I have seen. Still, they do not allow characters under 14 in adult situations.
If anybody finds a better one, please let me know.

'Some Guy' bought the domain asslr.org and intended to create a replacement for ASSTR there, but there have been no new posts about it in half a year or so.

You can email me - keithjennings.cell at gmail.com