Trying to revitalize our beloved stories

albion

Apr 8, 2023, 7:41:12 PM4/8/23
Lurker no more!!

I've decided to post my extensive collection of stories and books in the hope it
may prompt others to do the same.

I've never done this before, so I might have problems with Power Post and other
things. Lets hope for the best.

I'm starting with my collection of 11,637 xnovels, to be posted in four zip
files, no point in starting with something small.

I'll be posting to alt.sex.incest.stories because alt.sex.stories is too full of
spam.

I hope this works, and everyone has a lot of fun.

Cheers

Albion

--
----------------------------------------- --- -- -
Posted with NewsLeecher v7.0 Final

Y Lee Coyote

Apr 9, 2023, 8:06:56 PM4/9/23
On Sat, 08 Apr 2023 23:41:06 GMT, albion <a...@bion.com> wrote in
<mYmYL.475347$PXw7....@fx45.iad>:

>Lurker no more!!
>
>I've decided to post my extensive collection of stories and books in the hope it
>may prompt others to do the same.

It sounds like a massive copyright violation which could discourage other
from posting.

>I've never done this before, so I might have problems with Power Post and other
>things. Lets hope for the best.
I saw that you posted a message already. It is useless as it is incomplete
--

[This is a multi-part message, of which only 300 of 1862 sections are
available.]

[Unavailable sections: 1-1562]

>I'm starting with my collection of 11,637 xnovels, to be posted in four zip
>files, no point in starting with something small.
I'm sure your intentions are good but in addition to the point above you
need to know how handle errors.

I wonder how Usenet provider will handle copyright takedowns.

> I'll be posting to alt.sex.incest.stories because alt.sex.stories is too full of
>spam.
>
>I hope this works, and everyone has a lot of fun.
<LOL>

>Cheers
>
>Albion

Y.

Valid return address is <YLeeCoyote (at) juno.com>
(Posting address is for the spammers)

See my stories at: https://yleecoyote.asslr.org/
Status page at: https://yleecoyote.weebly.com/

P & E

albion

Apr 11, 2023, 5:24:48 PM4/11/23

> albion wrote:
>
> > Lurker no more!!
> >
> > I've decided to post my extensive collection of stories and books in the
> > hope it
> > may prompt others to do the same.
> >
> > I've never done this before, so I might have problems with Power Post and
> > other
> > things. Lets hope for the best.
> >
> > I'm starting with my collection of 11,637 xnovels, to be posted in four zip
> > files, no point in starting with something small.
> >
> > I'll be posting to alt.sex.incest.stories because alt.sex.stories is too
> > full of
> > spam.
> >
> > I hope this works, and everyone has a lot of fun.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Hey Albion,
>
> It does work, at least some of it does. I found 3 zips (not 4. Is one lost?).
> They are:
> XNovels 3 !XNovels4.7z 1.11 GB
> XNovels 2 !XNovels3.7z 778.94 MB
> XNovels 1 !XNovels1.7z 597.66 MB
>
> They do contain .txt and .jpg files, and they 7unzip fine. That part works.
>
> Now. Posting 2.5 GB of files without parity segments (*.par files) will make
> those posts retrievable only by people who subscribe to a paying-high-quality
> service like Easynews. Others will experience incomplete files and will have
> no
> way to repair them.
>
> Note that the usual choice to post stories is more one story at a time per
> post
> (Usenet article), rather than massive compressed archives. And since you say
> that you use PowerPost, for you it would be no more work that way: just select
> all the files, and instead of dropping them onto 7zip, drop then onto
> PowerPost.
> Voila!
>

> Me, personally, my request would be: do you have any coding of the genres, or
> at
> least a readme.txt explaining how your files are organized? We all have our
> kinks and our squeaks, and it is reassuring to know where to start "safely".
>
> Thanks anyway for the intent and for this big post.
>
> p...@a.lo

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your kind comment.

I decided to post as zip files because there's 23,280 items and just filling the
space with all these just makes for a very cluttered newsgroup.

I also realize the lack a par files maybe problematic. Like I said, first time
using the program. Maybe I'll try to post again with pars.

Thats also the reason for your confusion.

There are two XNovels 1, XNovels 1 !XNovels1.7z and XNovels 1 !XNovels2.7z

This is because I foolishly set the $1 file number parameter in PowerPost and
then just posted the first file to see if it worked, followed later by the other
three.

The books are listed alphabetically by book number, BEE-387 or PH-423, followed
by Title and Author. The jpg are book cover and rear cover when available.

Its not perfect either, there maybe several repeated books and also covers
without text and text without covers, but only a few of these overall.

As for some idiot's preoccupation with copyright, I sure that the 1978 classic
LL-097 Young Desires - Steaming Teen Pussies by Author Unknown is on everyone's
watchlist for infringment.

Cheers,

J'onn J'onzz

Apr 15, 2023, 9:44:48 PM4/15/23
I was able to download all four files without any trouble. Thanks for posting these, although it would probably be a good idea to include parity files the next time, just to be safe.

rdodger

Apr 17, 2023, 6:56:12 AM4/17/23
I don't think groups.google.com propagates that newsgroup.
rd

J'onn J'onzz

Apr 20, 2023, 5:22:41 PM4/20/23
It isn't likely that any "free" NNTP provider is going to propagate any sexually oriented group. There are some fairly low cost providers, like newshosting.com, who offer small blocks of bandwidth on a one-off basis as well as monthly plans for a very reasonable price.