ASSLR?

sfmaster

Apr 29, 2023, 8:54:27 PM4/29/23
With the suspicious return of ASSTR we haven't anything in months regarding ASSLR.

Is this a dead issue?

George Forman

Apr 30, 2023, 3:49:21 AM4/30/23

George Forman

May 3, 2023, 10:53:34 AM5/3/23
If you are looking just for some authors on the asslr site, try https://xefig.com/

Mecca B

May 9, 2023, 1:26:43 AM5/9/23
On Saturday, 29 April 2023 at 17:54:27 UTC-7, sfmaster wrote:
> With the suspicious return of ASSTR we haven't anything in months regarding ASSLR.
>
> Is this a dead issue?

Also note that ASSLR's certificate has expired.

Y Lee Coyote

May 12, 2023, 2:42:33 AM5/12/23
On Tue, 09 May 2023 07:56:01 -0400, Y Lee Coyote
<See.signa...@mail.com> wrote in
<fqck5it1keif1t6rn...@4ax.com>:

>On Mon, 8 May 2023 22:26:40 -0700 (PDT), Mecca B <meccat...@gmail.com>
>wrote in <891101b6-ca77-47b6...@googlegroups.com>:
>
>>On Saturday, 29 April 2023 at 17:54:27 UTC-7, sfmaster wrote:
>>> With the suspicious return of ASSTR we haven't anything in months regarding ASSLR.
>These are unrelated.
>
>>> Is this a dead issue?
>Whoever is running ASSTR has remained silent.
>
>>Also note that ASSLR's certificate has expired.
>I assume that the auto renewal setup failed as it did three months ago.
>Setup a website is complex especially with a demainding day job. I'm sure
>that Some Dude will deal with this once he signs on and sees the email I
>sent yesterday evening or get the error notice.
>
>Be patient.

The security certificate has been renewed.

>Y.
>
>Valid return address is <YLeeCoyote (at) juno.com>
>(Posting address is for the spammers)
>
>See my stories at: https://yleecoyote.asslr.org/
>Status page at: https://yleecoyote.weebly.com/
>
>P & E

Mecca B

May 15, 2023, 4:34:49 AM5/15/23
On Thursday, 11 May 2023 at 23:42:33 UTC-7, Y Lee Coyote wrote:

> The security certificate has been renewed.

Awesome!

Ethan Edwards

Nov 24, 2023, 5:13:50 PM11/24/23
A friend got an email suggesting they might put their stories on ASSLR. But here's the question they have (along with whether it was somehow malware in disguise): Are there provisions in place that make people think this site will stay around while the intense attack on underage sex stories continues? Or will the hosting company cancel due to political pressure, or will a well-organized DDOS attack make it unavailable for long periods, or...

Y Lee Coyote

Nov 25, 2023, 11:57:44 AM11/25/23
On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 14:13:46 -0800 (PST), Ethan Edwards
<etha...@gmail.com> wrote in
<9f1dd9bb-f9ce-4708...@googlegroups.com>:

>A friend got an email suggesting they might put their stories on ASSLR. But here's the question they have (along with whether it was somehow malware in disguise): Are there provisions in place that make people think this site will stay around while the intense attack on underage sex stories continues? Or will the hosting company cancel due to political pressure, or will a well-organized DDOS attack make it unavailable for long periods, or...

I can't answer when the world will end. We shall see what happens. You
might want to follow
https://forum.asslr.org/
for more.

Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Jaxah

Nov 25, 2023, 3:08:52 PM11/25/23
On Friday, 24 November 2023 at 22:13:50 UTC, Ethan Edwards wrote:
> A friend got an email suggesting they might put their stories on ASSLR. But here's the question they have (along with whether it was somehow malware in disguise): Are there provisions in place that make people think this site will stay around while the intense attack on underage sex stories continues? Or will the hosting company cancel due to political pressure, or will a well-organized DDOS attack make it unavailable for long periods, or...

There is no such thing as a guarantee. However, it has been over a year since it started, and it's still here.

As for attacks, well, if there is a concentrated DDOS, there is not much that can be done about it other than wait it out.
If the authorities want to shut it down, or access to it, they will do.

At the end of the day, if there is a desire to take down ASSLR, it will go down, as with anything.

George Forman

Nov 26, 2023, 2:20:59 PM11/26/23
On Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 2:08:52 PM UTC-6, Jaxah wrote:

> At the end of the day, if there is a desire to take down ASSLR, it will go down, as with anything.

Until then, it lets some *new* (ok, very old) writers have a place to put their works. For all I know, I'm the one who asked your 'friend' to put their works on ASSLR. I've been doing that (=

https://notenough.asslr.org

(=

P.S. If your 'friend' gets on ASSLR, please have them let Jaxah know so I can get to their new site (or post on https://forum.asslr.org/ under new authors).

rajah dodger

Dec 22, 2023, 9:44:01 AM12/22/23
I don't know, but the ASSLR site is definitely still up.

RD