{ASSD} ASSTR FTP server back up

Rey del Sexo

Jul 5, 2018, 10:54:48 AM7/5/18
The FTP server is back up, so account holders (authors/collectors)
should be able to access their accounts via FTP and/or SFTP again.

- Rey del Sexo

Y Lee Coyote

Jul 5, 2018, 3:07:19 PM7/5/18
On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:54:41 -0400, Rey del Sexo <ad...@asstr.nospam.org>
wrote in <Qiq%C.508484$PE5.4...@fx37.iad>:

>The FTP server is back up, so account holders (authors/collectors)
>should be able to access their accounts via FTP and/or SFTP again.

That is good news.

Hope it remains up for a long time.

The files are accessible immediately. :)

Please note that the 'most recent' files list on <<main.html>> is
incomplete. The 'today page' at <<newfiles.html>> is not updated.

Y.

Valid return address is <YLeeCoyote (at) juno.com>
(Posting address is for the spammers)

See my stories at http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

P & E

Y Lee Coyote

Jul 5, 2018, 9:24:51 PM7/5/18
On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:54:41 -0400, Rey del Sexo <ad...@asstr.nospam.org>
wrote in <Qiq%C.508484$PE5.4...@fx37.iad>:

>The FTP server is back up, so account holders (authors/collectors)
>should be able to access their accounts via FTP and/or SFTP again.

I regret to note that the FTP server is down less than ten hours after the
announcement.

Y.

Rey del Sexo

Jul 10, 2018, 8:47:07 PM7/10/18
I just checked it and it is up now. The problem was due to a technical
issue with the virtual machine software and the automated system reboot
we have in place due to prior issues we saw with the FTP server hanging.
The goal of the automated reboot is to give the system a fresh start
periodically to avoid such hangs.

Certainly ping me via here or Denny if the FTP server becomes
inaccessible in the future.

Jake Jones

Jul 22, 2018, 5:18:14 PM7/22/18
The !"Current_News.txt" is empty on the website...

Jake Jones

Mar 21, 2021, 8:44:09 PM3/21/21
Is 'deader than a doornail' is the new status?

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:54:41 -0400, Rey del Sexo

Admiral Cartwright

Jul 18, 2022, 1:51:07 PM7/18/22
Rey, may we get a status update?

light