Help! I Need Clarification!

Queer_Kenny

Apr 6, 2019, 4:19:52 PM4/6/19
Recently, like maybe a year ago, I picked up a book called, "This Book is Gay" by Juno Dawson, who, I believe is a (very attractive (my opinion)) Transgender guy. The book is geared to younger Gay people, as in, teenagers and 20-somethings, and Juno does an excellent job explaining the Gay lifestyle. She does an excellent job making the Gay lifestyle sound very desirable (my opinion). I've lent the book to a couple of young (17-18), and dare I say quite physically attractive guys who were questioning their sexuality. Both read it and made the decision to "go for it" and embrace being Gay. They both met wonderful (and very attractive) friends (not each other), fell in love, and both have hot relationships. (To be up front and open, I do encourage young males to check out the Gay lifestyle!)

In the book, Juno was discussing "Gay types" and used two terms to describe certain Gay males. One term was "Twink", which, as I found out, refers to very attractive young Gay males with hairless bodies. Further, these attractive young Gay males work at keeping their bodies hair-free. I misunderstood that part as to mean any Gay guy with a smooth body. I myself keep my body hair to a minimum, though I really don't have, and never did have, a lot of body hair. My legs are another story. I shave my legs every second day, and have shaved them since I was a teenager. I cannot stand having any hair on my legs. Too, I wear shorts almost 365 days a year! Yes, even in winter. Cool, damp air feels so hot on my legs, especially right after I shave them.

Have I misunderstood the term "Twink"?

The second term was "sallie", spelled s-a-l-l-i-e, not s-a-l-l-y. According to Juno, this means a Gay guy who wears "sports clothes" and "man's jewelry". To me, that means tee shirts with a sports logo on them, and baseball caps. And it means shorts and running shoes. Basically, that describes me to a "T". My wardrobe is all tee shirts and shorts. I have one pair of jeans, and no shirts with buttons on them. None! I do have a number of sweatshirts though, but no "hoodies". Most of my tee shirts have logos on them, but none are sports based. Anti-hate, yes! "I'm Queer", yes! "Gay Pride", Yes! But no sports. I have more than a dozen baseball caps, with the "double-mars" symbol, the rainbow flag, the Canadian Gay Pride flag, and two with the letter "A" on them(Yes, I'm an Atheist). The only jewelry I have is a chain that I believe is called a snake chain. It was custom made for me many years ago at an Artist fair. The chain is about an eighth-of-an-inch thick, made of stainless steel, and the person who made it for me measured my neck and made the chain "slightly shorter" than my neck size so it fit "snug" around my neck. OK, I had it made as a choker, and I had a "lambda" charm that I wore on the chain. (Long story about why I had it made to that size, one that I won't get into right now. Let me just say it had to with me being into some really kinky stuff back then.)

Funny story about wearing that charm. At the time, this was the early 80s, and I was in my mid-20s, many gay guys wore tight chains around their necks with a lambda charm in the chain. The charm had to be worn just to the side of the throat. Wear it to one side said you were taken. Wear it to the other side said you were available. I wasn't sure which side to wear it on, and I was with someone at the time. This one night, my friends and I went to one of the first Gay clubs where I live. I wore it on the wrong side of my throat, as throughout the night, I had several guys wanting to do me because the way I had the charm positioned said I was available. two wanted to do me in the club washroom! I don't know what happened to that charm as it disappeared, or was lost, about thirty years ago. I still have the chain though, and it still fits snug!

So, does the fact that I wear tee shirts (and sweatshirts when it's cooler), shorts, running shoes, and baseball caps qualify me as a "sallie"?

What I have described is my "style", which I have talked about before, and one of the points Juno makes in the book is "Be yourself".

Have I misunderstood these two terms?

Kenny, que...@hotmail.com

Late-2-come-out

Jun 15, 2019, 1:36:53 PM6/15/19
Actually, I think the proper spelling is "Twinkz", though don't quote me. You are correct about the description, it means a very attractive young (mid-to-late teens to mid-to-late 20s) Gay male, usually tall, slender, a beautiful face, sexy legs, with no hair from the face down to their ankles. And if they do have any hair, they remove it.

I think you have the term "Sallie" correct, though I'm not sure about sports logos on their tee shirts. I think it means they wear tee shirts all the time. As for "man's jewelry", I'm not sure about that either. I wear this chain that's about an eighth of an inch thick, and is about a quarter-inch longer than my neck size. The chain is fifteen inches long, and my neck size is fourteen-and-three-quarters. >

SexyGaySenior

Dec 7, 2019, 3:17:24 PM12/7/19
Well, it has taken me a while, but I can now clarify what I wrote back in June.

It is "Twink", not "Twinkz". And they are defined as an extremely attractive, smooth-bodied, as in hair-free, young, Gay male between the ages of early-mid-teens (approximately the age of 16,or as one person put it, the age of reason-but-not-adult) and the age of 25. A Twink is usually blonde and blue-eyes, but not necessarily so. They do tend to be quite fair. They are very conscious of their physical appearance, and any hair on their body, other than their head is immediately removed, especially on their faces, necks, arms, underarms, chest, and especially their legs They pride themselves on having very smooth legs. They also tend to be bottoms, and open to being just a "receiver". Another characteristic is they are extremely bright and intelligent.

As for the term "Sallie", what I answered was correct. They wear tee shirts (and sweat shirts) that will say something, but it won't necessarily be a sports logo. Many these days will wear a tee shirt that openly states they are Gay, and do so with no apprehension ever! As for "man's jewelry", a lot wear chains around their neck and shoulder area, though some, mostly younger ones in their mid-to-late teens and early 20s, wear chains that are shortened so they encircle the neck somewhat snugly just under their Adam's apple.

I have to thank a brown-haired-brown-eyed young man of twenty-five who straightened me out on this. He describes himself as a Twink. He's 5-feet, 11-inches tall, and is very smooth, from his face/neck, down to his ankles. He's very fair, and extremely attractive. He also describes his Sallie side, as he wears tee shirts that openly proclaim his sexuality. He also wears shorts almost 365-days a year everywhere except at work. He does this to show off his amazingly beautiful, smooth legs, and he openly admits to this. As for "man's jewelry", he has a longer neck that's quite slender. He has several chains that he had made short so that they do encircle his neck rather snugly, and he positions them so they cross his throat right below the protrusion of his Adam's apple. He's a university graduate in Engineering, which is a majorly Homophobic field, though that does seem to be slowly changing. He's very smart. He's "mostly" a bottom, but will top if prodded enough.