May 14, 2021, 4:36:40 AM5/14/21
Guys, we totally get it – when it comes to sex, there’s a lot of competing information out there on what you should and shouldn’t be doing in bed. We’re here to help, so we’ve surveyed our friends and come up with 5 things that every man should consider doing more of in bed.
1. Ask. “Do you like that?” “How’s that?” “Here?” “Does that feel good?” Some people are uncomfortable with voicing their own desires, so honestly, I think everyone could do a little more checking in while in bed. If your partner seems unsure or has been silent for a while, it’ll be a better sexual experience for both of you if you check in. You might find something new that your partner loves, or adjust a movement so it feels better for both of you. Communication is so important, whether it’s casual sex or sex within a committed relationship.
2. Laugh. Sex is usually not smooth, especially the first couple of times. Don’t take it too seriously. If something doesn’t quite work, laugh it off. Don’t get frustrated. Smile, laugh a little, so you and your partner can relax and enjoy each other. The most fun sex I’ve had – casual sex or otherwise – has been with men who aren’t afraid to laugh during it.
3. Come. Whatever you call it – come, cum, orgasm, climax. The point is, we don’t always need you to keep going for hours on end. Honestly, if you’re coming, just come. If she hasn’t had an orgasm yet, focus all of your attention on her once you’ve cleaned up. I understand – you don’t want to come before she does. The easiest way to remedy that? Start off with oral, or ask her to show you how to use her favorite toy. Not every encounter has to be a marathon, and sometimes a good sprint is just as memorable.
4. Massage. It’s a cliche, but for good reason: There’s nothing like a good massage. Orgasms in general and G-spot orgasms in particular are much, much easier to have when you’re relaxed. In the case of casual sex, ask first. You never know – your partner might not like to be touched on her back or shoulders, and it’s just polite to check. But for many people, massage is a great way to ease into something more erotic
5. Experiment. I think this is true across the board, regardless of gender. Everyone could use some more in-bed experimentation. Whether it’s a new position, new condoms, new lube, new toys, swinging, swapping… The list is really endless. Starting with lighter elements of BDSM is really popular now, but always, always check in with your partner. It can be as simple as, “I think you’d look so sexy blindfolded. Can we try that tonight?”