New Piercing Shop in New Orleans

fearless freep

Dec 10, 1993, 9:00:43 PM12/10/93
For anyone looking for a piercer in the New Orleans area:

Just got a note in the mail from Elayne "Angel" Binnie, Certified Master
Piercer and former manager of the Gauntlet L.A. She has set up shop in
New Orleans as "Rings of Desire", 1128 Decatur Street. Ummm...I think
that's near the eastern edge of the French Quarter. The phone number is
(504) 524-6147.

Angel did Jaybird's (my wife's) nipple piercings and we were both
impressed with the quality of her work. Note that I have no connection
with Angel other than as the husband of a satisfied customer (and as an
indirectly satisfied customer myself. :)

freep

Lani Teshima-Miller

Dec 11, 1993, 1:57:19 AM12/11/93
In article <CHuLL...@world.std.com> fr...@world.std.com (fearless freep) writes:
>For anyone looking for a piercer in the New Orleans area:
>Just got a note in the mail from Elayne "Angel" Binnie, Certified Master
>Piercer and former manager of the Gauntlet L.A. She has set up shop in
>New Orleans as "Rings of Desire", 1128 Decatur Street. Ummm...I think
>that's near the eastern edge of the French Quarter. The phone number is
>(504) 524-6147.

Well guys, I just spoke with her on the phone and she's very nice! :)
Her official grand opening is on Saturday, December 18, and her "house
warming" party is on the 22nd (for which she invited me!). She was
familiar with the 'net and r.a.b., even! She said since I'll be in the
French Quarter almost everyday while I was there, that there shouldn't
be any trouble getting pierced. Let's see--at least a nipple, a clit
hood, hmmmmm.... whatever else I can afford! :)

P.S. Does anyone know what she was charging? She said she might not
have her credit card service up and running by teh time I got there.

--
Lani Teshima-Miller (tes...@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.edu) "Sea Hare" o/ /_/_/
UH School of Library & Info Studies. "Whatever the cost of our o|<0_0>------*

Bird Rendell H.

Dec 11, 1993, 11:06:58 AM12/11/93
(fearless freep) writes:
>Just got a note in the mail from Elayne "Angel" Binnie, Certified Master
>Piercer and former manager of the Gauntlet L.A. She has set up shop in
>New Orleans as "Rings of Desire", 1128 Decatur Street. Ummm...I think
>that's near the eastern edge of the French Quarter. The phone number is
>(504) 524-6147.

Yes, this is quite true.

There seems to be some type of "war" going on in New Orleans. Second Skin
Leather Company has begun to widely advertise the piercing services of
the owner (Jay Borne).

*Both* of these new "piercing salons" are upstairs from leather stores
(Second Skin / Gargolyle's).

/* Personal Opinions to follow */

Jay Borne did piercings when it was convenient for *him*, not for
his customers. Many times I was there when someone tried to make
an appointment only to find out that Jay was busy <elsewhere> "and
wasn't going to be in this week".

I, myself, was turned away from my first appointment because "Jay is in
a bad mood today, and you don't want him coming near you with a needle".
He just might be too much of a sadist too. My Prince Albert piercing
almost killed me. It took forever for him to work the needle through.
Truthfully, I don't know if I have an inordinate amount of scar
tissue -- or if his is merely *that* pain-provoking.

Hope this helps,
Rendell

p.s. Yes, Angel's shop is near the edge of the Quarter. She will be
next door to Jewel's which would make her one full block in from
Esplanade.

J. Eric Townsend

Dec 12, 1993, 11:33:46 PM12/12/93
"freep" == fearless freep <fr...@world.std.com> writes:

freep> Just got a note in the mail from Elayne "Angel" Binnie,

Elayne is so fucking nice, it's amazing. She oversaw my ampallang
(done by an apprentice).

She's so sweet. And she's in New Orleans. Maybe it's time for me to
go home....
--
j...@netcom.com -- J. Eric Townsend -- '92 R100R: "CLACKER"
"It's a lot of face A lot of crank air Eroding around here

Robert W. Allen

Dec 13, 1993, 2:59:38 AM12/13/93
fr...@world.std.com (fearless freep) writes:

>Just got a note in the mail from Elayne "Angel" Binnie, Certified Master
>Piercer and former manager of the Gauntlet L.A. She has set up shop in
>New Orleans as "Rings of Desire", 1128 Decatur Street. Ummm...I think
>that's near the eastern edge of the French Quarter. The phone number is
>(504) 524-6147.

Ah, so that's where she went! She leaves behind an excellent reputation
here in the LA scene. Our loss is New Orleans' gain.

Rob
--
ral...@netcom.com
an9...@anon.penet.fi

Tony Q.

Dec 14, 1993, 8:28:11 AM12/14/93
fr...@world.std.com (fearless freep) writes:

> Just got a note in the mail from Elayne "Angel" Binnie, Certified Master
> Piercer and former manager of the Gauntlet L.A.

As a matter of curiosity, which organisation provides certification
in this area, and is it sanctioned by any other organisation such as the
AMA ?

--
"Takes more than combat gear to make a man, | Tony Quirke,
Takes more than a license with a gun, | Wellington,

Eric Benvenue-Jennings

Dec 15, 1993, 9:19:03 AM12/15/93
> >> As a matter of curiosity, which organisation provides certification
> >> in this area, and is it sanctioned by any other organisation such as the
> >> AMA ?
> >
> >Why would the American Medeival Association do this? ;)

> No no--it's called the Society for Creative Anachronism. They *do*
> wear some rather nice chain mail.... :)

Oh right, what was I thinking. I should have been referring to the
American Morons Association! ;)

--

________________________ jen...@netcom.com ____________
Eric Benvenue-Jennings Rapid 13

Alpha

Dec 15, 1993, 3:47:56 PM12/15/93

>>> As a matter of curiosity, which organisation provides certification
>>> in this area, and is it sanctioned by any other organisation such as the
>>> AMA ?
>>
>>Why would the American Medeival Association do this? ;)

Or the American Motorcyclist Association, for that matter--I mean, I know
bikers have a reputation to maintain, but STILL...

alpha

--
Please send all replies to this message to al...@kzsu.stanford.edu.
All mail sent to al...@w6yx-2.stanford.edu will be swept into the swirling

Eric Benvenue-Jennings

Dec 14, 1993, 2:28:01 PM12/14/93
> > Just got a note in the mail from Elayne "Angel" Binnie, Certified Master
> > Piercer and former manager of the Gauntlet L.A.

> As a matter of curiosity, which organisation provides certification
> in this area, and is it sanctioned by any other organisation such as the
> AMA ?

Why would the American Medeival Association do this? ;)

Lani Teshima-Miller

Dec 14, 1993, 3:44:11 PM12/14/93