Another Austin 'Munch

Stan Schwarz

Jul 23, 1993, 2:08:23 PM7/23/93
Well, here it is:

Since we had over 25 people show up for our 'munch two weeks ago, we have
decided to do it again. We are doing our best to live up to Jack Chambers'
description of Austin as "the San Francisco of the South".

Another Austin Burgermunch [!]
Friday, August 6
8:00 PM
The Moondance Cafe
706 Congress Ave.

We have reserved the upstairs banquet room for this, so the setting will be
somewhat quieter than the last place. The kitchen will be open until 9:30,
so get there before that if you want food. They have a full bar. Parking
may be a problem, since the restaurant is near Sixth St., so that is
another reason to get there relatively early. If you want to come "in
costume", that is all right with the restaurant. The local NLA holds
events there, so there is no problem with any outfit that is legal on the
street. [Of course, you will have to remember that we _are_ in Texas here.]
[Actually, this reminds me of when we first moved here and went to dinner at
a local steakhouse restaurant. The hostess was wearing a complete leather
outfit which I thought was to remind us that the rest of the cow did not go
to waste...]

Anyway, that's the story. I'm mailing this to my list from last time, as
well as posting to a.s.b. Any lurkers who want to come, just mail me.

Stan
ssch...@wixer.bga.com <= I think this address works...