Do-it-yourself nipple clamps

wi....@wizvax.methuen.ma.us

Sep 18, 1991, 3:09:55 PM9/18/91
From: kdn...@hertz.njit.edu (ken ng cccc)
>In article <43...@wizvax.methuen.ma.us> wi....@wizvax.methuen.ma.us writes:
>: >> Take an old-fashioned wooden clothespin, disassemble.
>:(The 1991 clothespin will probably have microprocessor-controlled
>:tension adjustments)
>
>Hm, CMOS powered 286, nuclear battery, nano technology springs and
>actuators, micro external oxygen sensors, ethernet connector, hmmmm :-)
>
>Kenneth Ng: kdn...@hertz.njit.edu

HEY!!!! This goes a little too far for even me! Applicable nanotechnology
like that won't happen until at least 3 years from now and nuclear = squick in
my book.

Besides, a 286 wouldn't have the speed I'd need for all the nasty programs I'd
write for it. *mechanical grin*

-TeknoJunkie, who will post a very nahsty use for clothespins soon.

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

--
Please *don't* post tests or personals here. To use this service, send EMAIL to:
Anonymous posting: wi-...@wizvax.methuen.ma.us (yes, a dash)

ken ng cccc

Sep 21, 1991, 3:28:45 PM9/21/91
In article <44...@wizvax.methuen.ma.us> wi....@wizvax.methuen.ma.us writes:
:From: kdn...@hertz.njit.edu (ken ng cccc)

:>In article <43...@wizvax.methuen.ma.us> wi....@wizvax.methuen.ma.us writes:
:>: >> Take an old-fashioned wooden clothespin, disassemble.
:>:(The 1991 clothespin will probably have microprocessor-controlled
:>:tension adjustments)
:>Hm, CMOS powered 286, nuclear battery, nano technology springs and
:>actuators, micro external oxygen sensors, ethernet connector, hmmmm :-)
:HEY!!!! This goes a little too far for even me! Applicable nanotechnology

:like that won't happen until at least 3 years from now and nuclear = squick in
:my book.

Prototype springs and actuatators exist right now, although I'm not aware
of the number of cycles they can go through before they break. Nuclear
heated thermocouples is about the only way to get the power source light
enough, unless you want to resort to external microwave power feeds. Power
from the thermal differential between the body and the alf end of the
clothespin might be able to provide enough power though. Solar is another
remote option if you don't mind giving the bottom a suntan at the same time.

:Besides, a 286 wouldn't have the speed I'd need for all the nasty programs I'd

:write for it. *mechanical grin*

A 286 isn't enough? You planning to run SYSV on this clothespin or something?
Actually I'd think an 8051 would be more appropriate in this application.

--
Kenneth Ng: kdn...@hertz.njit.edu
"No problem, this is how you make it" -- R. Barclay, ST: TNG

Problem Child

Sep 23, 1991, 10:14:16 PM9/23/91

(Lots o'stuff regarding teching up clothespins)

I believe that the whole concept of trying to improve on the clothespin
is near to herasy(sp). Techno toys are fun I have a selection of them
myself, but thats no reason to try and change clothespins! Maybe I am
just to much of a purist.

troyboy

--
Please use the address lthrwings!tro...@toad.com

Would to God your horizons may broaden every day! The people who
would bind themselves to systems are those who are unable to encompass

Charles Haynes

Sep 24, 1991, 3:07:29 PM9/24/91
In article <1991Sep24....@lthrwings.uucp>, tro...@lthrwings.uucp

(Problem Child) writes:

>I believe that the whole concept of trying to improve on the clothespin
>is near to herasy(sp). Techno toys are fun I have a selection of them
>myself, but thats no reason to try and change clothespins! Maybe I am
>just to much of a purist.
>
>troyboy

"Too much of a purist?" No I think not. Techno-toys have their place, but I
LOVE a good clothespin session.

For those not at Harry's party, Troy decorated me with a fair number of
clothespins, including some nasty little black bity ones on some VERY
sensitive parts of my anatomy.

Thank you Troy.

-- Charles

"OW!"
"Ow?! What does THAT mean?"
"It means he knows what he's doing, sir!"

Overheard at a recent party...

Richard Chandler

Sep 24, 1991, 12:33:41 PM9/24/91
In article <1991Sep21.1...@njitgw.njit.edu>, kdn...@hertz.njit.edu
(ken ng cccc) writes:
> A 286 isn't enough? You planning to run SYSV on this clothespin or something?
> Actually I'd think an 8051 would be more appropriate in this application.

ARRRGH! NOOOO! Not 8051! Please, have some mercy. I spent two of my college
co-ops programming 8051 for RCA. They didn't even give me a macro assembler,
and I couldn't write self-modifying code, so the bit-addressable memory could
only be accessed by absolute addressing. I had to test it using a poor VAX
8051 simulator, and later, test the hardware with this CPM-like emulator
machine. God, only a real sadist would ... Oh. That's right. Yeah, 8051
control of a clothespin just might be appropriate.

--
Out of 20,000 gun laws, only one has reduced crime: In Kennesaw, GA, people
are required to own one.