Censoring gay men

The Image Trader

Sep 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/28/96
to thev...@msn.com

ChubbyCub wrote:

> luvb...@aol.com (Luvbgguts) wrote:
>
> >I was told by another user that he still has a.b.p.e.m.c on his internet
> >provider. Seems AOL is cencoring it. Assholes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can
> >we protest???????
>
> You can protest by dropping aol and getting a provider that's not a money
> grubbing, family values licking provider.
>
> I'm betting though it has more to do with the fact that AOL's newsgroup
> service is one of the worst I've ever seen.
>
> Get yourself a decent service that can pick up all the newsgroups and all
> the posts in the newsgroups. AOL/GNN cannot.
>
> Big Belly Bear Hugz - Pete C.
> http://www.xroads-bbs.com/~chubycub/
> FMCS: B5, BB, BF+, BH, BS, T, W, H, E+G, DS(c)
> NBCS: B5, f, w+, cd, g++, k(++), s++, m, r+,

Ummm... gotta agree with ChubyCub on this one (though I don't always agree
with him on other topix). AOL's whole approach to INet access, including
UseNet newsgroups, sux, BIG TIME. Although I still use AOL as a convenient
e-mail drop point, I much prefer AT&T for access to newsgroups. And, yes!,
AOL management is so damned homophobic, it's amazing that they even
acknowledge the existence of gay men... mind you, they *do* seem to like the
$$$s gay men have to spend.

Just my $0.02 worth.

His Satanic Majesty

Oct 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/7/96

The Image Trader wrote:

Ummm... gotta agree with ChubyCub on this one (though I don't always
agree
with him on other topix). AOL's whole approach to INet access,
including
UseNet newsgroups, sux, BIG TIME. Although I still use AOL as a
convenient
e-mail drop point, I much prefer AT&T for access to newsgroups. And,

es!,

AOL management is so damned homophobic, it's amazing that they even
acknowledge the existence of gay men... mind you, they *do* seem to
like the
$$$s gay men have to spend.

***********************************

Gotta agree with you on AOL, just using it as a maildrop is too much
patronage as far as I am concerned with that homophobic outfit--you are
of course right that they don't seem to mind gay money.

You're the first to say anything good about AT&T as an ISP that I've run
across.

David Packham

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

This is the only access I have to NG's most everything else I do
through another provider, my IRC, Telnet and E-Mail, this ISP/BBS serves
as a backup E-Mail drop as well.

-> AOL management is so damned homophobic, it's amazing that they even
-> acknowledge the existence of gay men... mind you, they *do* seem to
-> like the
-> $$$s gay men have to spend.

Why do you think another name for AOL is "Fundies OnLine?"

You couldn't pay me to sign up with AOL

Dave