too much sweating in homemade electric jacket

JNT

Dec 3, 2020, 4:31:57 PM12/3/20
To battle the cold in the barn where I spend most of my time, I made an
electric coat this year. While the electronic mechanism is working
great, I am having second thoughts about the material I used and would
appreciate some advice. I had two poly/ fleece jackets that I picked up
fairly cheaply at Walmart. I took the "base" jacket and sewed the wire
onto the outside of it. Then, the final jacket is put on. The final
jacket is also poly-fleece and serves to help retain the heat generated
by the wiring.

The problem I'm having is sweating. It's not much, but very annoying.
I have to turn everything off and then up cold from the small amount of
sweat that was produced. I have enough wire left over to line another
jacket. Instead of fleece this time, what might I use that would be
better? I already don't like the tightness of the fleece and would
prefer something more lose fitting. Something that wouldn't promote as
much sweating and, if it does, dries quickly. I have very thin coaches
jackets in the closet that are mostly nylon or poly outside with a very
thin white cotton lining. I might use one of those as the next
candidate, but welcome any advice. Thank you in advance.

Crafty

Feb 8, 2023, 6:45:04 PM2/8/23
To reduce sweating while wearing an electric jacket, it might be a good idea to choose materials that are more breathable and moisture-wicking. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Merino wool: This type of wool is naturally moisture-wicking and has excellent breathability, making it a good choice for clothing that will be close to the skin.
2. Polyester: A synthetic material that is often used in sports and performance clothing due to its ability to wick away moisture and dry quickly.
3. Coolmax: A patented blend of polyester fibers that is specifically designed for performance apparel. It wicks away moisture and dries quickly, making it a good choice for outdoor activities.
4. Nylon: A synthetic material that is lightweight, durable, and quick-drying, making it a good choice for outdoor and athletic clothing.
5. Bamboo: A natural material that is known for its softness, breathability, and moisture-wicking properties.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your project!

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/sewing/too-much-sweating-in-homemade-electric-jacket-657885-.htm