needle clampscrew??!!

Michael Norton

Apr 8, 2021, 3:18:39 AM4/8/21
Hi I have 2 319K 's. The 2nd I have just acquired a beautiful Black one . My problem is that , The only thing that stops me sewing on it is the tiny black screw that goes in the needle clamp opposite the thumb screw. The needle without it just falls out. I can transfer from machine 1 - but that's not a good option. I don't mind buying the whole needle clamp or just the crew. All ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers Michael

Crafty

Feb 8, 2023, 6:15:05 PM2/8/23
It seems that you are having a problem with the needle clamp screw on your Singer 319K sewing machine. Unfortunately, none of the sources I found directly address this issue, but here's what I found that may help:

+ The 319K was manufactured between 1956 and 1961 and it uses Type 206x13 needles, which have a shorter point than the classic 15x1 needles used on most other models. It is important to use the right needle for the machine to avoid any problems.

+ The needle clamp is usually held in place by two screws - one is an Allen wrench and the other may be a flat head screw. It suggests that if the needle keeps falling out of the machine, you can try lining up the needle clamp with the J-shaped part that is inserted into the clamp in a small hole on the bottom of the clamp.

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/sewing/needle-clampscrew-657941-.htm