Well, duh!

Joy Beeson

Jun 21, 2022, 1:15:20 PMJun 21

I had torn thirty-four inches of muslin off the roll, zig-zagged the
torn edges together, and washed and dryer-dried it several times, and
today I sat on the porch to take the zig-zagging out.

I was over halfwey through and the finger I wrapped the
double-strength bobbin thread around was getting sore when I realized
that I had a seam ripper in my hand.

So I wrapped the thread around the handle of the seam ripper. Now I
could pull on the thread with all my fingers, not just one, and take
out longer pieces. And nothing got sore.

The job was soon over -- and now it's time to eat lunch, take some
pills, and lie down for a nap.

(I find it amusing that every "pill" I'm about to take is a capsule,
and no mass-market medication is put up as pills.)

I'll remember what I meant to do with the muslin later.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

The Real Bev

Jun 26, 2022, 1:52:12 PMJun 26
On 6/21/22 10:15 AM, Joy Beeson wrote:

> I had torn thirty-four inches of muslin off the roll, zig-zagged the
> torn edges together, and washed and dryer-dried it several times, and
> today I sat on the porch to take the zig-zagging out.
>
> I was over halfwey through and the finger I wrapped the
> double-strength bobbin thread around was getting sore when I realized
> that I had a seam ripper in my hand.
>
> So I wrapped the thread around the handle of the seam ripper. Now I
> could pull on the thread with all my fingers, not just one, and take
> out longer pieces. And nothing got sore.

We're human. This is what we do -- devise better ways of doing things.
We owe a lot to the guy who invented the multi-tasking seam ripper!

--
Cheers, Bev
Rule 18: Always tip your hat before striking a lady.

The Real Bev

Jun 26, 2022, 4:41:26 PMJun 26
Probably a woman, though. I frequently use 'guy' in the "y'all" sense.

--
Cheers, Bev
"We returned the General to El Salvador, or maybe Guatemala,