Hi! I have a JC Penney sewing machine 6984, I would love a manual or bobbin size

Robin

Mar 23, 2018, 7:44:03 PM3/23/18
A manual would be amazing if anyone has access to emailing one. I at least
need to know the bobbin size. The standard metal will not sit low enough to
wind.

Thank you so much,
Robin

JC Penney 6984

ItsJoanNotJoann

Mar 23, 2018, 8:40:31 PM3/23/18
Sorry, I can find NOTHING on this sewing machine but I did find others
looking for the manual as well and they've had no results. Supposedly
White sewing machines took over that brand but they've been no help for
those searching for the manual. Maybe someone else here has an answer.

Kay Lancaster

Mar 26, 2018, 10:01:05 PM3/26/18
On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 23:44:01 GMT, Robin <0f77f3b6898d92a94d2...@example.com> wrote:
> A manual would be amazing if anyone has access to emailing one. I at least
> need to know the bobbin size. The standard metal will not sit low enough to
> wind.

Have you tried asking Penney's customer service? Otherwise, take the bobbin
case and the bobbins you're trying to use to a sewing machine dealer. They can tell
you which of the many standard bobbin sizes your machine takes, and sell you
some for reasonable price. I'm guessing your machine probably needs a class 66
bobbin, and you're trying to use a class 15.
https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/blog/understanding-bobbins-every-sewist-know/

ItsJoanNotJoann

Mar 27, 2018, 12:40:18 AM3/27/18
I don't think J. C. Penney's has sold sewing machines in probably
40+ years. Her best bet though, as you suggested, would be to take
the bobbins AND the machine to a repair shop for them to help her.

Ron Anderson

Mar 28, 2018, 11:26:28 AM3/28/18
No manual but these are the bobbins

http://a1sewingmachine.com/2518-A~Bobbins%2C+Class+15+-+Metal+10+Pack.htm

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine www.a1sewingmachine.com

RJB

Dec 5, 2018, 12:44:03 AM12/5/18
replying to Robin, RJB wrote:
I have this machine! How do I post/send the manual?

bettye

Nov 21, 2020, 5:30:33 PM11/21/20
I too would love a copy of the manual! I bought the machine second hand and it did not have a manual with it. If you have a printer, you could scan the manual (page by page) and then send that file to my email: bki...@cox.net We could discuss other alternatives if that one doesn't work.

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/sewing/hi-i-have-a-jc-penney-sewing-machine-6984-i-would-love-a-m-75657-.htm

Debra

Aug 9, 2021, 12:45:04 AM8/9/21
Is this still available ?

Allie G

Jan 6, 2022, 12:15:05 AM1/6/22
Id love to have a copy if you still have it! Also, do you know what type of cord fits this model?