Excerpt: The Ugly Truth About Beauty

Steve O'Keefe

Mar 4, 2008, 1:27:32 AM3/4/08
I have permission from AMACOM Books to distribute an excerpt from the
new book "Looks: Why They Matter More Than You Ever Imagined" by
sociologist Dr. Gordon Patzer, who has investigated "lookism" for more
than 30 years.

Citing research from fellow scientists, as well as real world
examples, Dr. Patzer examines the truth about beauty: attractive
people of both sexes have advantages in most areas of life. It happens
everywhere, from the workplace to the courtroom to political
elections, and even in the classroom.

In "Looks," Dr. Patzer suggests ways for us to alter our perception,
including tips for parents to break the cycle with their children.

The excerpt I'm distributing is entitled "The Pretty Presidents." It
deals with voters' perceptions of physical attractiveness in
candidates, especially in Presidential campaigns.

The excerpt from "Looks" is located at the following URL, or I'll send
a text-only version upon request.

http://www.authorviews.com/authors/patzer/obd.htm

STEVE O'KEEFE
AuthorViews: Authors Making News